Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: Maliki will remain a key partner in the political process

yota691

12/08/2014 14:31
26218.jpg?width=400&crop=auto

BAGHDAD / obelisk: praised Prime Minister-designate Haider al-Abadi, on Tuesday, the efforts made by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in the face of terrorism and state-building, stressing that he will remain a key partner in the political process.

Ebadi said in a statement issued by his office and got "obelisk" a copy of it, "Prime Minister outgoing Nuri al-Maliki will be a key partner in the political process."

Abadi added, "I applaud the enormous efforts of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and the Council of Ministers on the road to face terrorism and state-building," noting that "al-Maliki will remain brother and companion trail and a key partner in the political process."

He Abadi to "the need to overcome the crisis and to live in security and well-being."

In the statement praised al-Abadi on "The Role of the National Alliance, including the components of the rule of law and the Islamic Dawa Party, which got heavy responsibilities in this sensitive juncture," explaining that "there are a lot of tasks that await this alliance."

And gave "thanks to the Iraqi people and his sacrifices and patience of all the difficulties," stressing that "it will be of help to people in overcoming these crises and to live in peace and security and well-being."

Commissioned by President Fuad Masum, on Monday, the National Alliance candidate for prime minister Haidar al-Abbadi officially form a new government.

• Upvote 2

Well that was a nice goodbye. Funny how all politicians are the same. This guy says in the nicest way. "Maliki you are out but don't worry brother we still love you" Of course this is the kiss of death and next week Maliki will not a friend in sight. Time to turn the page. This chapter is finished. Let's see what is written in the next chapter.

B/A

• Upvote 1

OMG is he crazy?   Maliki cannot be any partner in the political realm.  He will sabotage every effort of progress like he has for 8 years.   Hopefully what he is really saying is that maliki will be allowed in a few meetings and once his funding is cut off he will be arrested.  OMG, I hope that is what will happen.  If not, and he stays connected to the GOI in a position, we might as well consider the new government a new shadow government for Iraq.

OMG is he crazy?   Maliki cannot be any partner in the political realm.  He will sabotage every effort of progress like he has for 8 years.   Hopefully what he is really saying is that maliki will be allowed in a few meetings and once his funding is cut off he will be arrested.  OMG, I hope that is what will happen.  If not, and he stays connected to the GOI in a position, we might as well consider the new government a new shadow government for Iraq.

Maliki can still cause trouble he is not totally out yet. He is still head of the caretaker government until the real government body is formed.

It is my opinion that Abadi tries to smooth the road for the transition. Let us not forget politicians have a forked tongue. This could mean:

"Maliki will remain a key partner in the political process as long as he remains temporary caretaker, after that we will steer clear of him as much as possible and good riddance"

• Upvote 1

I got it as an olive branch too. May be some government job, like a greater at one of those resorts. He could work at the airport, "Welcome to Iraq". Easy job with minimal chances of causing a global conflict.

Didn't they just open a new Mcdonalds in Iraq ? how bout an ass't shift managers position for maliki.... :tiphat:

You don't understand this shitte is different from the other shitte

They got what they want

Control

Now it's back to the same ole same ole

Grab the oil money before someone else does

It's not Maliki or this new guy

It's the same clerics

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

stressing that he will remain a key partner in the political process.

Not to appear negative, but this just blew any thoughts I had of Iraq having a better future. He says..."remain".

Mailiki holds the Minister of Defense and Security positions. Sounds like a back room deal to me.  Keep Maliki in those positions and he'll step down and stop causing trouble.
  • Upvote 1

I wholeheartedly understand everyone's concern especially when you look at the last 8 years of frustration.  However, just give it a little time before coming to any conclusions on this new government.  Let's all just calm down and give it a little time.  The Kurds are happy, the US is happy, a new government is forming.  We have everything to be happy about.  Let's seize the moment and receive this deep breath.  

• Upvote 1

stressing that he will remain a key partner in the political process.

Not to appear negative, but this just blew any thoughts I had of Iraq having a better future. He says..."remain".

Mailiki holds the Minister of Defense and Security positions. Sounds like a back room deal to me.  Keep Maliki in those positions and he'll step down and stop causing trouble.

No disrespect gg, but If there is a time that you are wrong let it be this one. If M stays anywhere around the new government he will throw the proverbial wrench in the gears again I'm afraid....

Aug 12, 2014 9:10 AM PT

Iraq’s Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki met with military officers today in the latest sign he won’t hand power willingly to his designated successor, as U.S. and Iraqi forces battled Islamist militants.

Maliki ordered his commanders to keep out of the political crisis that has gripped Baghdad since President Fouad Masoum asked a rival Shiite politician to form a government, according to footage of the meeting shown on television.

Earlier, militiamen and soldiers had fanned out across the capital in a show of force. A car bomb killed six people in the city.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-11/maliki-bid-to-block-successor-escalates-crisis-in-iraq.html