Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki OUT BBC BREAKING NEWS

Boozer

Did you forget W's multiple trips to Africa..including Laura and the girls on safari ? W  was a globetrotter too...comes with the job. W went home....to clear brush for photo ops. And it wasn't going home after work...it was flying from Washington to Texas for weeks at a time for VACATION...including a MONTH LONG vacation just before 9-11. I don't know about you, but I would LOVE a month long paid vacation after just 8 months on the job....

"By the end of that August, though Bush had only been in office since January 20, he had already managed 96 days of vacation time, or nearly 14 times as much as most Americans enjoyed during that period. As it happens, Bush ended up setting a presidential record for vacation days taken—977 days over the course of his two administrations or an unbelievable 33 percent of his presidency.*

By the way...you do know that Michelle has LESS "servants" than Laura did, right?

I love how you Obama haters always accuse Obama of doing things that are so horrible and ignore that W did the same thing ...only MORE so.

ALL presidents work on their "vacations". W took off for a MONTH just before 9-11....after just 8 months on the job.

After five years in the White House, Obama has taken 31 trips for a total of 119 days abroad. At that point in George W. Bush’s presidency, Bush had taken 28 trips for 116 days, while Bill Clinton had taken 27 trips for 113 days. Ronald Reagan, after five years, had taken 14 trips for 73 days while Richard Nixon had taken 12 trips for 60 days after five years in the White House and Lyndon Johnson took 10 trips for 34 days at the half-decade mark. Dwight Eisenhower took 8 trips for 31 days after five years in the White House.

Citing a recent report in the Washington Examiner that found through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) that taxpayers are on the hook for about $228,288 per Air Force One flight hour in 2013, a 27 percent increase from the previously confirmed cost of $179,750 per fight hour that NTUF used in its last study, the taxpayer watchdog concludes that Obama’s flights have cost taxpayers more than any other president.

“Taken on its own, the $48,535 jump may not sound all that significant,” NTUF added about the cost increase for Air Force One. “However, when trips are many thousands of miles and span several time zones and continents, the difference can quickly add up.”

Now if we add in how many rounds of golf he has played, plus all the family vacations, servants, etc. etc. ya not even close, try again.  :eyebrows: 

Bush by the way gave up golf because he didn't think it was right to be seen playing while our soldiers were deployed overseas.  Don't worry though we all figured it out quick when the going gets tough, or something goes wrong in the US .............................. yep the Obamas head out on vacation.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

After five years in the White House, Obama has taken 31 trips for a total of 119 days abroad. At that point in George W. Bush’s presidency, Bush had taken 28 trips for 116 days, while Bill Clinton had taken 27 trips for 113 days. Ronald Reagan, after five years, had taken 14 trips for 73 days while Richard Nixon had taken 12 trips for 60 days after five years in the White House and Lyndon Johnson took 10 trips for 34 days at the half-decade mark. Dwight Eisenhower took 8 trips for 31 days after five years in the White House.

Citing a recent report in the Washington Examiner that found through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) that taxpayers are on the hook for about $228,288 per Air Force One flight hour in 2013, a 27 percent increase from the previously confirmed cost of $179,750 per fight hour that NTUF used in its last study, the taxpayer watchdog concludes that Obama’s flights have cost taxpayers more than any other president.

“Taken on its own, the $48,535 jump may not sound all that significant,” NTUF added about the cost increase for Air Force One. “However, when trips are many thousands of miles and span several time zones and continents, the difference can quickly add up.”

Now if we add in how many rounds of golf he has played, plus all the family vacations, servants, etc. etc. ya not even close, try again.  :eyebrows: 

Bush by the way gave up golf because he didn't think it was right to be seen playing while our soldiers were deployed overseas.  Don't worry though we all figured it out quick when the going gets tough, or something goes wrong in the US .............................. yep the Obamas head out on vacation.

LOL....AF1 is used even when W went to Texas....a massive amount of times.Obma went overseas in his first few years to heal the wounds left by W....and STILL took less vacation time than W. W gave up golf because he didn't want the SOLDIERS HE SENT TO WAR to think he didn't care...of course...he didn't care enough to make sure they had he right equipment to protect themselves there...but BY GOD, he wasn't gonna be seen golfing...LOL.

Sorry...even with a couple of hours once in a while golfing, he still has a LONG WAY to go to match up with W's 33% of his term on vacation....golfing or not. A MONTH LONG PAID VACATION after just a few months on the job....if Obama had done that, and had an attack on our soil killing thousands of Americans....you guys would be SPITTING MAD.

Almost 3 full years out of 8 on VACATION....and you guys quibble about GOLF. SMH.

Do you own a pair of Obama kneepads???

No, do you own Bush ones?

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

LOL....AF1 is used even when W went to Texas....a massive amount of times. (Hmmm Washington DC to Texas or Washington to Hawaii which takes more fuel?) :shrug: Obma went overseas in his first few years to heal the wounds left by W (Really you mean the apologize for America tour that none of us wanted?  How'd that work out by the way? Syria a mess (check) Iraq a mess (check) Afghanistan, Iran, Egypt, Libya (check, check, check) yep all still hate us and now have no respect for us at all because they know our leader is a coward who bows down to them)....and STILL took less vacation time than W. W gave up golf because he didn't want the SOLDIERS HE SENT TO WAR to think he didn't care...of course...he didn't care enough to make sure they had he right equipment to protect themselves there...but BY GOD, he wasn't gonna be seen golfing...LOL. (I'm sorry were you talking about Benghazi again?  Now boys don't be firing on the terrorists over there we don't want you stirring up trouble with my people................so here is a gun just don't load it................................ Yep "What difference does it make" Clinton took the heat for him on that one all fools!!!)

Sorry...even with a couple of hours once in a while golfing, (81 times since re-election I'm sure it's higher then that now) he still has a LONG WAY to go to match up with W's 33% of his term on vacation....golfing or not. A MONTH LONG PAID VACATION after just a few months on the job....if Obama had done that, and had an attack on our soil killing thousands of Americans....you guys would be SPITTING MAD. (Oh please! He was at his house where there was an office set up for him to work, ya wasn't he talking at a school to little kids when that went down?  Not golfing, vacationing, or screwing up the US like O does, actually I prefer Obama golfing and vacationing it gives him less time to screw things up for the rest of us!!)

Almost 3 full years out of 8 on VACATION....and you guys quibble about GOLF. SMH.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

LOL....AF1 is used even when W went to Texas....a massive amount of times. (Hmmm Washington DC to Texas or Washington to Hawaii which takes more fuel?) :shrug: Obma went overseas in his first few years to heal the wounds left by W (Really you mean the apologize for America tour that none of us wanted?  How'd that work out by the way? Syria a mess (check) Iraq a mess (check) Afghanistan, Iran, Egypt, Libya (check, check, check) yep all still hate us and now have no respect for us at all because they know our leader is a coward who bows down to them)....and STILL took less vacation time than W. W gave up golf because he didn't want the SOLDIERS HE SENT TO WAR to think he didn't care...of course...he didn't care enough to make sure they had he right equipment to protect themselves there...but BY GOD, he wasn't gonna be seen golfing...LOL. (I'm sorry were you talking about Benghazi again?  Now boys don't be firing on the terrorists over there we don't want you stirring up trouble with my people................so here is a gun just don't load it................................ Yep "What difference does it make" Clinton took the heat for him on that one all fools!!!)

Sorry...even with a couple of hours once in a while golfing, (81 times since re-election I'm sure it's higher then that now) he still has a LONG WAY to go to match up with W's 33% of his term on vacation....golfing or not. A MONTH LONG PAID VACATION after just a few months on the job....if Obama had done that, and had an attack on our soil killing thousands of Americans....you guys would be SPITTING MAD. (Oh please! He was at his house where there was an office set up for him to work, ya wasn't he talking at a school to little kids when that went down?  Not golfing, vacationing, or screwing up the US like O does, actually I prefer Obama golfing and vacationing it gives him less time to screw things up for the rest of us!!)

(Hmmm Washington DC to Texas or Washington to Hawaii which takes more fuel?)  :shrug:

4 trips to Hawaii...hundreds to Texas......adds up.

(Really you mean the apologize for America tour that none of us wanted?

And yet America as a country needed. No more laughingstock giving unwanted shoulder massages to Heads of State.

Syria a mess (check) Iraq a mess (check) Afghanistan, Iran, Egypt, Libya (check, check, check) yep all still hate us and now have no respect for us at all because they know our leader is a coward who bows down to them)..

STILL a mess, you mean? 

(I'm sorry were you talking about Benghazi again?

Nope...talking about W sending men to war without protective gear..like BODY ARMOR.

Now boys don't be firing on the terrorists over there we don't want you stirring up trouble with my people................so here is a gun just don't load it................................ Yep "What difference does it make" Clinton took the heat for him on that one all fools!!!)

Yeah...Benghazi is a disgrace...just like the 13 "benghazis" that happened on W's watch.....oooops...

(81 times since re-election I'm sure it's higher then that now)

Let me know when it adds up to almost 3 years like W.....

(Oh please! He was at his house where there was an office set up for him to work,

Oh please...ALL presidents have an ffice set up for them on vacation....the reason that no president is ever truly on vacation,

ya wasn't he talking at a school to little kids when that went down?  Not golfing, vacationing, or screwing up the US like O does, 

Um...yes, he was....after his MONTH LONG PAID VACATION AFTER ONLY A FEW MONTHS WORK.

Roemer then asked Tenet if he mentioned Moussaoui to President Bush at one of their frequent morning briefings. Tenet replied, "I was not in briefings at this time." Bush, he noted, "was on vacation." He added that he didn't see the president at all in August 2001. During the entire month, Bush was at his ranch in Texas. "You never talked with him?" Roemer asked. "No," Tenet replied. By the way, for much of August, Tenet too was, as he put it, "on leave."

So much for an office in Texas....

actually I prefer Obama golfing and vacationing it gives him less time to screw things up for the rest of us!!)

Yeah....that's one of the reasons no one bitched about W's record breaking vacation time.

I think if you really go back and look you'll see Bush didn't run away every time there was a crisis. i doubt he spent as much time on vacation as Obama and his whole family.

You would be wrong. Bush set a record for vacations while in office....one that Obama is nowhere near breaking. 33% of his term vacationing.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Finally a newsflash that's verifiable.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28739975

Iraq president asks Abadi to succeed PM Nouri Maliki

------ He ASKS.

So now we get to wait for the COMPLETE CIRCUS which is the actual transition.

We now know what the teams are, here comes the ballgame / boxing match!

We don't know how long this battle will take.

NEVER assume it will be a quick kicking Maliki through the goalposts, although that would be nice.

I wonder if it will be over quickly or will it be the longest Superbowl ever, going into OT?

Nothing official yet, kids!! We only know the kicker and the kickee!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Have you compared how many vacations W took to how many Obama has taken???  W was on vacation for a full one third of his presidency.

That said...NO president is EVER fully on vacation.

Well, there are a couple of other comparisons to be made. MANY of W's vacays were to his ranch in Crawford and to Camp David(the Presidential Retreat) with equipment in place. O goes to Martha's Vineyard and to Hawaii where nothing is in place, so it all has to be brought along.

Ever heard of W or any other POTUS asking that his dog be brought to a vacay late , and on a separate plane, where the taxpayer had to fork over several hundreds of thousands of dollars just for said dog's airplane flight. Other POTUSs have been far more cognizant of taxpayer than this one. 

Also, how many Morning Briefings has this POTUS missed? 60% + by last count. Pure laziness !  We've had some pretty incompetent,arrogant pricks in the White House. None surpasses this one.

• Upvote 1

Well, there are a couple of other comparisons to be made. MANY of W's vacays were to his ranch in Crawford and to Camp David(the Presidential Retreat) with equipment in place. O goes to Martha's Vineyard and to Hawaii where nothing is in place, so it all has to be brought along.

Did you see where I said NO PRESIDENT IS EVER ON VACATION?? ALL presidents have all the equipment to run the nation. That said...half a dozen trips to Hawaii do not compare to hundreds of trips to Texas.

Ever heard of W or any other POTUS asking that his dog be brought to a v late , and on a separate plane, where the taxpayer had to fork over several hundreds of thousands of dollars just for said dog's airplane flight. Other POTUSs have been far more cognizant of taxpayer than this one. 

Nice try, bit that is a debunked meme...Obama did not send his dog on his own plane.

Q: Did President Obama have his dog, Bo, flown to Maine in his own private jet for the family vacation?

A: No. The family and staff took two small jets because the airport couldn’t accommodate the usual presidential plane. Bo flew with several staffers.

Also, how many Morning Briefings has this POTUS missed? 60% + by last count. Pure laziness !  We've had some pretty incompetent,arrogant pricks in the White House. None surpasses this one.

Again...BOGUS meme. However W did miss a months worth right before 9-11....HMMMM....

The Facts

The notion that Obama has skipped his intelligence briefings was promoted by a right-leaning research group called the Government Accountability Institute, which published a report detailing that the president’s daily calendar shows Obama receiving an in-person briefing on the Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) 43.8 percent of his time in office. (The percentage dropped from a high of 48.8 percent in 2010 to 38.2 percent through May of 2012.)

Marc Thiessen, a former Bush speechwriter who writes an opinion column for The Washington Post, then drew attention to what he called the “startling new statistics” in the report. His column on the subject is cited as the source in the American Crossroads ad.

That column also includes the White House’s response — that Obama reads his PDB every day, but he does not always require an in-person briefing every day. The White House argument is that this is how Obama structured his White House operation, so it is specious to say he has “skipped” a meeting that was not actually scheduled.

• Upvote 2

I'm trying to figure out what all this BS about vacation time in the White House has to do with Maliki possibly leaving office--or is he just going to play golf with "O".  by the way, didn't President Johnson have more "vacation" days in his appx 5 years in office than President Bush had in 8, seems like I heard that some where.  But back to Maliki--hope he is gone.

• Upvote 4

I'm trying to figure out what all this BS about vacation time in the White House has to do with Maliki possibly leaving office--or is he just going to play golf with "O".  by the way, didn't President Johnson have more "vacation" days in his appx 5 years in office than President Bush had in 8, seems like I heard that some where.  But back to Maliki--hope he is gone.

Exactly. What DOES one have to do with the other???

• Upvote 3

No. Bush broke records.

Calls to several Presidential Libraries reveal that no President can come close to Bush’s 1,020 days on vacation in an 8 year period.  Even Lyndon Johnson, who spent 484 days at his ranch in Texas and at Camp David during his presidency, came in under Bush’s vacation time.

Even if Johnson had spent another 2 1/2 years vacationing at the same rate, he would still have about about 9 months shorter vacation time.than Bush .

Exactly. What DOES one have to do with the other???

Ask the one who brought it up.

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 3

You took my words. I want to know if the is real and if he is gone. A new prime minister for Iraq? Who is he?

Read some Iraq news instead of depending on someone else to give you the news. Chances are 90% of the time it will be wrong and fabricated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you forget W's multiple trips to Africa..including Laura and the girls on safari ? W  was a globetrotter too...comes with the job. W went home....to clear brush for photo ops. And it wasn't going home after work...it was flying from Washington to Texas for weeks at a time for VACATION...including a MONTH LONG vacation just before 9-11. I don't know about you, but I would LOVE a month long paid vacation after just 8 months on the job....

"By the end of that August, though Bush had only been in office since January 20, he had already managed [/size]96 days of vacation time, or nearly 14 times as much as most Americans enjoyed during that period. As it happens, Bush ended up setting a presidential record for vacation days taken—977 days [/size]over the course of his two administrations or an unbelievable 33 percent of his presidency.*[/size]

By the way...you do know that Michelle has LESS "servants" than Laura did, right?

I love how you Obama haters always accuse Obama of doing things that are so horrible and ignore that W did the same thing ...only MORE so.

ALL presidents work on their "vacations". W took off for a MONTH just before 9-11....after just 8 months on the job.

How did he take off for a month if he was working

• Upvote 1

-How did he take off for a month if he was working

He was on vacation for the entire month of August. Right after he returned, 9-11 happened.

W was unavailable or the month of August...according to his staff

After 9-11, W was more sensitive to the fact that he was on vacation, so would schedule mini meetings every week or so to create the illusion that he was not vacationing.

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alert!!!!!!! NEWS ALERT!!!! THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!

Bush is no longer president!!!!

When Bush 2 was president unemployment was what less than 5% the world wasn't burning! until 911

Only A Liberal tries to hide behind Bush because this B.O. Has been an empty chair in all aspects of his term.

He is a Liar he has completely fooled the foolish.

Wake Up!! If you still try to compare Obama to Bush that is only because you are trying to justify how bad Obama is doing.

NEWS ALERT !!! Bush is not the president! We currently only have a community organizer and he is not even very good at that job.

• Upvote 6