Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Who Is Haider Jawad al-Abadi ?

UNEEK

Who is the prime minister-designate to form the next government, Haider Abadi?

Monday, August 11 / August 2014 15:21   [baghdad-where]

The agency publishes all of Iraq [where] a biography of the prime minister-designate to form the next government, Haider al-Abadi.

Is Haider Jawad al-Abadi, an official of the political bureau of the Islamic Dawa Party, the official spokesman of the party, an official branch of the party in Britain, and Telecommunications Minister in the government of Iyad Allawi, the former congressman and currently serves as first deputy chairman of the Council of Representatives, and holds British citizenship.

Abadi finished his primary and middle in Baghdad - Karrada district of eastern, junior high school and junior high in central Baghdad.

He received a bachelor's degree from the University of Technology in Baghdad in 1975, and attributed to the work of a lecturer in the same college, Electrical Engineering Department.

Earned a master's and then a doctorate from Britain majoring in electrical engineering, and after receiving his doctorate in 1980, remained in London is no longer to Iraq.

Haider Abadi is mentioned in his election campaign that he belonged to the Islamic Dawa Party since 1967, at the age of fifteen years.

And in 1977 became the official party organizations in Britain, and in 1979 got the membership of the executive leadership of the party was also selected in 1980, responsible for the Middle East office of the party, which is based in Beirut, and participated in the activities of the opposition abroad.

Abadi and returned to Baghdad after the fall of the former regime, and was named as communications minister in the government of Iyad Allawi.

Commissioned by President Fuad Masum, the day Monday, the National Alliance candidate for prime minister Haidar al-Abbadi to form a government.

The National Reform Movement, led by Ibrahim al-Jaafari announced officially on Monday, the nomination of the leader of the Islamic Dawa Party and the current First Deputy Speaker of the House Haider Abadi for the post of prime minister in the government Aljdidh.anthy

http://www.alliraqnews.com/index.php/2011-04-18-02-57-37/142823-2014-08-11-12-21-47.html

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think  his was a surprise for a lot of  us --  I think many were thinking Madhi or Jafari ?? (spelling?) Anyway -  we can be glad that it has been decided and hopefully they will  move forward with the next step --

This guy has a pretty good background - I hope his engineering skills includes strategies to dodge bullets  etc -- Personally  I would not want the job or any of the others  no matter what they were going to pay me --  Don't hey fear for their lives on a daily basis?????

While they may hold a popular reputation with many  there could  and most likely will be at least that  many or more that do not  share that feeling and would just as well take them out -- ESPECIALLY if there  was one such that was fighting  to hold that political position!!!

I am looking forward to see what Millionday has to say about all that has transpired in the last 24 hours and looking forward  to more progress and eventual more peaceful times for the Iraqi people

• Upvote 1

Oh he will

You can cry later

Who was it that gave all the false info to the invading forces about saddams wmds that didn't exist

Allwhi ?

And they use him to describe this new leaders background ?

He is the person through whom the controversial claim was channelled that Iraqi weapons of mass destruction could be operational in 45 minutes. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/exiled-allawi-was-responsible-for-45minute-wmd-claim-6168886.html

Abadi and returned to Baghdad after the fall of the former regime, and was named as communications minister in the government of Iyad Allawi

The new puppet will be no different

Ya got to wonder

Maliki won't stop his court case

I'm wondering if the courts will step in or not

I'm thinking they will

Communications minister

Hmm

Could he be the one behind the internet attack against Maliki ?

Seems like he has the experience

The script SOUNDS good... We'll have to wait and see IF he indeed becomes PM and what kind of a man he really is.

Let's pray that he has some sort of decency about him and that he works for the interest of the people... I know that's a stretch considering he is a politician and he lives in an overwhelmingly muslim poulated country but hey, it's an honest thought anyway.

I pray that whomever the new PM turns out to be that their heart is overcome with love and compassion and understanding and that any pride or greed in them be diminished so that they may do some good for the people of Iraq.

• Upvote 2

Thanks digorgie

That would be what everyone needs

They still have the dam Sunnis and the shittes and the Arabs and the Kurds

They won't separate church and state

Its funny they are both Muslims

But one believes you must be a blood relative of Muhammad to replace him as religious figure and the other , the Sunnis believe you don't need to be a descendent or blood relative of Muhammad

And that's why they hate each other

But they are all Muslims

• Upvote 1

Dontlop - You  do your homework and have a good memory -  You have been around here for a long time -  as well as the others that have left their comments -- 

It's a good thing getting the discussion - the info that is brought in and then the research from others that is added and then  the great memories of  events in the past - it  is all important to help with the big picture - I appreciate it all

I am sure we all wonder  or the most of us that follow and attempt to keep  up with  the ongoing saga  what is going to happen next - who's doing it - who's paying  -- how much -- and with what?

Abadi may be just the lesser of the two evils  - I am sure we will know that  soon enough but maybe not who is pulling the strings -  There are soooo many possible scenarios that could be played out -- none of which we  individually would be a part of - The  US Military & government  different story - They always have their hands in the cookie jar --

I have a considerable vested interest in how things progress and play out so I will continue to be active in reading & watching the  story  unfold -  I will keep believing and praying for miracles <3 <3 <3 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well he seems to pose good potential as a PM with his stellar education, but will he end up being another government puppet. :shrug:

Haider Jawad al Abadi...what a name!! :rolleyes:  :blink:

Will his name be prophetic....will be become "A Baddie" :o or will he transform to be "A Goodie"  B)

All those stacks of 100 dollar bills will turn his eyes

10s of billions of dollars at his reach

The thought of just a hundred million dollars will drive him crazy knowing he can just take it and no one will know

I don't see his great resume.  I see he is shiite, (maliki shiite) he was exiled in brittain, (maliki was),  he is dawa, (maliki is dawa party), and he don't know how to shave his beard.    The big deal is the Iranian sympathy.   I don't know where he stands, but what we all know, is that he is in grave danger now that maliki knows he is replaced.  Arrest maliki so he can't cause any more havoc.

Biography of the Prime Minister-designate, Dr. Haidar al-Abbadi

3-3176.jpg

8/12/2014 0:00 

BAGHDAD morning tasked Haider Abadi after they won the post of First Deputy Chairman of the Council of Representatives to form the next government by President Fuad Masum. " It Haider Jawad al-Abadi engineering graduate from the University of Technology and winning the master's degree and doctorate from a British university. " and Abadi, an official of the Political Bureau of the Party Islamic Dawa, and the official spokesman of the party, and an official branch of the party in Britain, and Telecommunications Minister in the government of Iyad Allawi, the former congressman and current, holds British citizenship. " and finished his elementary and middle in Baghdad - Karrada district of the eastern, and junior high school in junior high central Baghdad " . earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Technology in Baghdad in 1975, and attributed to the work of a lecturer in the same college, Department of Electrical Engineering. " earned a master's and then a doctorate from Britain majoring in electrical engineering, and after receiving his doctorate in 1980, stayed in London, did not return to Iraq. " The income of the current elections for a coalition of state law in the province of Baghdad, and was able to get a parliamentary seat in it. " and mention it in his election campaign that he belonged to the Islamic Dawa Party since 1967, at the age of fifteen years. " became in 1977 an official party organizations in Britain , and in 1979 got the membership of the executive leadership of the party. " was chosen in 1980, responsible for the Middle East office of the party, which is based in Beirut, participated in the activities of the opposition abroad. "returned to Baghdad after the fall of the former regime, and was named as communications minister in the government of Iyad Allawi. " and served the position of adviser to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in the previous session and his close associates and chaired the Finance Committee in the previous session.
  • Downvote 1

Former electrical engineer who studied at Manchester University now faces the political ‘catastrophe’ caused by militants

• By Luke Harding, Guardian News & Media ltd
  • Published: 15:27 August 12, 2014

•  
  •  

4170210499.jpg
  • Image Credit: AP
  • In this July 15, 2014 file photo, Haider Al Abadi speaks to the media after an Iraqi parliament session in Baghdad.

London: Iraq’s new prime minister, Haider Al Abadi, is a low-key figure who spent much of his life living in exile in Britain, before returning to Iraq after the 2003 invasion. A Shiite, he has previously been touted as a replacement for Nouri Al Maliki, the embattled incumbent.

On Monday Iraq’s president appointed Al Abadi as prime minister-designate and tasked him with forming a new “inclusive” government.

Born in Baghdad in 1952, Al Abadi joined the Islamic Dawa party — Al Maliki’s party — at the age of 15. His father, Jawad Al Abadi, was a prominent Baghdad doctor and hospital director who became inspector general at the Iraqi health ministry. After the Baathists seized power, Al Abadi and his family came into conflict with the Saddam Hussain regime.

Al Abadi studied electrical engineering in Baghdad, and then in the late 1970s moved to Britain to do a doctorate at Manchester University. In the UK, Al Abadi became an outspoken Saddam critic and Dawa activist. In 1982 the Baath regime executed two of his brothers, and imprisoned a third for ten years. It cancelled his Iraqi passport in 1983. His father died in exile and was buried in London.

ad_choices_i_UR.png

According to Al Abadi’s biography, posted on Monday on his Facebook page, he worked in the UK as an “expert in the technology of rapid transit” — the subject of his doctoral thesis. In London, he ran his own small design and technology firm and in 1997 received a grant from the trade and industry ministry for technology innovation. Al Abadi also hosted a London cafe popular with Iraqi exiles.

Al Abadi returned to Iraq in 2003, where he became a key adviser to Al Maliki in Iraq’s first post-invasion elected government. He held a series of senior posts, including minister of communications and, most recently, deputy speaker of parliament.

Following months of political deadlock, the moderate Dawa faction supported Al Abadi’s nomination as prime minister on Monday. Al Maliki’s refusal to give up the prime minister’s job — his supporters say he will challenge Al Abadi’s appointment in court — raises the prospect of Shiite versus Shiite conflict, both in Baghdad and beyond.

Al Abadi’s urgent political task will be to stop Iraq’s rapid disintegration and to halt the rise of Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil), which in recent months has seized vast swaths of northern and western Iraq. In an interview in June with the Huffington Post Al Abadi bluntly warned that Isil militants were a “catastrophe” not only for Iraq, but for the entire region, and the West too. He said that the Iraqi government was able to defend Baghdad but it would require outside help — “even from Iran” if necessary — to kick Isis out of the country.

A moderate, Al Abadi is likely to enjoy support from Kurds and Sunnis, who have accused Al Maliki of pursuing a sectarian agenda and excluding them from power.