Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki backs out of his promise

vomer

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/urgent-maliki-breaks-promise-ina-give-3rd-term-nomination-prime-minister/

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Political sources of the Iraqi National Alliance announced that the alliance does not trust Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki who reneged on his promise to give up the Prime Minister nomination for a 3rd term in return for some concessions.

Those sources, who declined to be named, revealed that al-Maliki had requested from the INA, in return for the withdrawal of candidacy, the position of Vice President, a large personal security detail and authority over the Defense Ministry for at least two months, until Iraqi Security Forces regain full control of the provinces of Nineveh, Salahuddin and Anbar in addition to other privileges which were accepted by the Iraqi National Alliance, however, he surprised them by reneging on his promise. IraqiNews.com was first to break the news of the deal as revealed on July 30, 2014: Prime Minister Maliki withdraws from 3rd term candidacy, National Alliance nominates 5 candidates says MP al-Saadi

According to inside sources, the commander of Iran’s al-Quds Force, Qassem Soleimani, who is in charge of the Iraq issue, told Al Maliki about Iran’s desire in abandon his candidacy for a 3rd term. As a result of these statements, Al Maliki insisted on his candidacy for Prime Minister against the wishes of Tehran and the Religious Authority that has the same opinion.

• Upvote 2

How can ya run for pm

Get more votes than anyone else in Iraq

Then just back out because your opponents want you to

Ah ha ha ha

He can't quit

I'd do the same thing Maliki is doing

Tell the losers , ya ok , I'll back down , see ya

Then just keep doing what your doing

Who cares what those who you beat out think

They lost

Maliki won

And a Kurd is going to have to choose him as prime minister shortly or he will lose his job for not following the constitution

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Rule of law?  Law of the land?  The rules don't apply to me, for I am Maliki the Magnificent!!!!  hahahhahahahahha  Prime Minister Forever!!!!

(maybe if I just stay in the office, no one will notice I haven't left?)

• Upvote 1

The elected president by law has to pick Maliki

Or the newly elected president will be gone

And during the entire fiasco Maliki will remain pm then when they finally get a new president again he will have to still pick maliki

The only way Maliki is going anywhere is if he quits

Which he won't

This will go on forever until Maliki is sworn in

Maliki has the largest block

End of story

Edited by dontlop
  • Downvote 1

He's a idiot like the rest of them

But I'm pretty sure the president has to pick the guy with the largest block to set up the govt

Which is Maliki

Otherwise why would be be so concerned about Maliki withdrawing or not

I'll tell ya

It's because if he doesn't withdraw he will be the prime minister at least for 30 days

And if he can't set up the govt in 30 days the president can pick a new prime minister