Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

France calls for urgent UN Security Council meeting on Iraq

k98nights

And actually...this is what he had to say about using that word..."I know, it's just that the statement really got me. And I saw an opportunity to manipulate libs with the use of one word. "....So he absolutely KNEW the word was racist and USED IT ANYWAY.  So you claiming that he didn't mean it in a racist way is just plain wrong. He knew it was a racist term and used it to describe a black man simply to rile up libs by his own admission.

• Upvote 2

Okay, maybe I missed something here but, i don't recall him saying that he did not KNOW that the term was used as a racist remark. We ALL pretty much know this!

EXACTLY!! So THANK YOU for admitting that he KNEW the term was racist. AND USED IT ANYWAY TO DESCRIBE a black man.

He simply didn't MEAN, INTEND or PUT IT in that context!... and he DID make it clear that he didn't mean it in a racist sense. I do not agree. Anyone who KNOWS a term is racist and continues to use it and JUSTIFY it ....DOES mean it in a racist term. Of course, he didn't blatantly say that. He didn't have to.

He also answered the guys question in another reply stating that he is "a little more thick skinned than that and that if evey time someone called he or his wife a name or made derogatory comments to them"...etc. etc. etc. Go back and read it for yourself. It is there and maybe you just missed it.No man worth his salt would allow his  wife (BLACK OR NOT) to be called a monkey and let it slide. No one is that thick skinned. I am also pretty sure that comment wasn't even directed at the poster who asked about his wife being called that..   Anyway, we can't seem to agree on this particular account, however, I suspect that there will eventually be somehting we can agree on lol...

I know for sure that there is. LOL. And I appreciate you calmly discussing the issue without resorting to deprecating remarks about my brain power. 

You seem to want to keep pushing the issue of what YOU think LGD is so, that's fine and I forgive you for that and hope that you can forgive me for not agreeing with your accusations.

Nope. I am not pushing it....just answering posts directed at me. It's not what I THINK LGD is.....it is what he is. Period. No person raised in the South and married to an alleged black person would not know that calling a black man a monkey is racist. So to do so is acknowledging that you KNOW it is racist and not caring. I do not need nor want your forgiveness, nor do I need to forgive you for your opinion. You have every right to believe what you want. As do I.

Peace and blessings In Yahushua Ha Mashiach/Jesus Christ

God bless. Yes, I am a Christian....just not one that thinks that Christianity allows for hatred or racism. God created us all....and God put Obama in office, just as he put W in office before him, and the Bible clearly tells us to respect the people God puts in authority.

We ALL need forgiveness and YHWH/God tells us so. We need to forgive one another when we harbor things in our hearts against our brothers and sisters. You should know this as a "Christaian". I am a follower of Yahushua/Jesus and do not follow or care for ANY religious group and that is a whole other conversation lol... We do have the right to our own opinions and I respect others opinion even though I sometimes don't agree with them.

I have to disagree with you on one more thing before I go though... and that is that I don't believe that YHWH/God put Obama in his positon lol. Obama is not a man of God and I know this because I for one am not stupid lol and the Holy Spirit that dwells in me and everyone who accepts him blesses us with the ability to know the work of the adversary even when it is cloaked in so called "goodness".

You have a wonderful and blessed day and hopefully we will have more conversations in the future.

• Upvote 1

I have to disagree with you on one more thing before I go though... and that is that I don't believe that YHWH/God put Obama in his positon lol. Obama is not a man of God and I know this because I for one am not stupid lol and the Holy Spirit that dwells in me and everyone who accepts him blesses us with the ability to know the work of the adversary even when it is cloaked in so called "goodness". 

The Bible clearly states that God put those in authority there.

Romans 13 

13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. .........The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good.

You may THINK that Obama is evil but you do not KNOW so.....and I believe that your opinion is wrong.

You have a wonderful and blessed day and hopefully we will have more conversations in the future.

Amen.

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 2

I am not a Christian and I do do not know the Bible very well but Romans 13 does not makes sense in the context of our elected officials. The list could run for days with the names of evil people in positions of authority.

They were put there by God?

I am not a Christian and I do do not know the Bible very well but Romans 13 does not makes sense in the context of our elected officials. The list could run for days with the names of evil people in positions of authority.

They were put there by God?

That's what the Bible says...it's a verse ignored by GOP Christians when a Dem is in office, but widely quoted when a Rep is.

And yes, they were put there by God....as in "all things work together for the glory of God".

• Upvote 1

Not really wanting to continue this dribble, but at the same time

Wanting to dispel the lie , I don't claim to not know the term I

used was racist. As a matter of fact I believe that stating I used it to intentionally

irritate liberals was, for critical thinking person's, an admission of my understanding

of the grammatical use of the word.

And I reckon that for SOME Christians, my request for forgiveness is not acceptable.

Hummm.

Best just leave that one alone.

• Upvote 2

Not really wanting to continue this dribble, but at the same time

Wanting to dispel the lie , I don't claim to not know the term I

used was racist. As a matter of fact I believe that stating I used it to intentionally

irritate liberals was, for critical thinking person's, an admission of my understanding

of the grammatical use of the word.

And I reckon that for SOME Christians, my request for forgiveness is not acceptable.

Hummm.

Best just leave that one alone.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll say it again...intentionally using a term that you KNOW is racist to describe a black man makes you a  racist.

And I forgive you for your racism. Just not for your trying to justify it.

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 2

Just realize ocdude God forgives or don't forgive you like you forgive others. You have been critical of others because of all you know, knowledge puffs up which is pride. Which God has no use for. Your not in a very safe place w/ God!

Knowledge puffs up which is pride??  Really?? You think God wants you to be stupid?? Or do you think that maybe he gave you a brain with no intention that it is  to be USED. Remember the parable of the talents.

And unless you are claiming divinity, you have no idea where I am with God. So don't even try to judge me.

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

God's rule in the nations has nothing to do with the righteousness or wickedness of the nation or individuals He sees to put in ruling positions.  Kings and presidents are all subject to the dictates of God's use of that nation whether good or evil.  Most of the kings of Israel and Judah were bad, a few were good, but very few.  His (Jehovah, Christ's) rule is to accomplish the purpose of God, that is clear from both the Old and New Testament.

Daniel, the prophet of God,after interpreting the dream of a Babylonian king and stating that he would be humiliated and would go crazy and eat grass like a animal said that all this would happen to this proud king "until (he) recognize that the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind, and bestows it on whomever He wishes" (Dan 4:23-25). 

God will use the wickedness of a one nation to discipline another nation for the wickedness that that nation has committed.  For example: 

Assyria punished Israel

Babylonian punished Assyria and later Israel

Meads and Persia whipped upon Babylonian

Greeks (Grecian) disciplines the Persians and the Meads. 

Roman defeated the Greeks

It continues on even into our day.  

Who knows, the USA may be next to receive a discipline from God because of the wickedness of the nation.   

• Upvote 1

Knowledge puffs up which is pride??  Really?? You think God wants you to be stupid?? Or do you think that maybe he gave you a brain with no intention that it is  to be USED. Remember the parable of the talents.

And unless you are claiming divinity, you have no idea where I am with God. So don't even try to judge me.

Knowledge with humility is the key.  When knowledge causes a person to set themselves in a positions which they feel superior to others, then our pride bites us in the buttock.  God wants us to be extremely knowledgeable, learned, and wise, but not to make us feel superior to another.  It is the pride of intellectual knowledge that is condemned; it must be joined with love. Knowledge puffs up, or makes us prideful  (1Cor 8:1).

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge

Fools despise wisdom and instruction.(Prov 1:7)

• Upvote 1

Knowledge with humility is the key.  When knowledge causes a person to set themselves in a positions which they feel superior to others, then our pride bites us in the buttock.  God wants us to be extremely knowledgeable, learned, and wise, but not to make us feel superior to another.  It is the pride of intellectual knowledge that is condemned; it must be joined with love. Knowledge puffs up, or makes us prideful  (1Cor 8:1).

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge

Fools despise wisdom and instruction.(Prov 1:7)

The most prideful are usually those who do not respect learning.

Proverbs 18:15 ESV / 414 helpful votes

An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

Proverbs 2:10 ESV / 167 helpful votes

For wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;

Proverbs 1:7 ESV / 150 helpful votes

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 8:10 ESV / 114 helpful votes

Take my instruction instead of silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold,

Proverbs 12:1 ESV / 108 helpful votes

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

Proverbs 24:5 ESV / 104 helpful votes

A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might,

Proverbs 15:14 ESV / 94 helpful votes

The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge, but the mouths of fools feed on folly.

Proverbs 1:22 ESV / 44 helpful votes

“How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge?

Proverbs 1:29 ESV / 32 helpful votes

Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord,

Proverbs 2:10-11 ESV / 19 helpful votes  

For wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; discretion will watch over you, understanding will guard you,

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

LGD, it is not wisdom and knowledge that causes one to be a fool, it is the rejection of Jesus as Lord.  He is the true wisdom and knowledge. Or, as has been stated, the absence of the Lord in the heart that has knowledge.  God wants us to learn, to grow, the mature in faith.  "For this reason also, since the day we heard of your faith, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may to filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience, joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light" (Col 1:9-12).

OCD, I just read your "quote" by you have on your personal page.  Funny!  That's a good one.   

• Upvote 2

It gets old when people throw the word racist around, and think the world should stop and have a full blown pity party. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson have made a mockery of the word calling virtually everything racist. Most rational white AND black people are fed up with its overuse and despise people who yell racist any chance they get. There will always be some black people who hate some white people and vice versa, it goes both ways (haters gonna hate). Describing Obama as a monkey can be construed as racist by some and not by others it’s pointless to argue over (see above).

I would use different words to describe Obama such as: liar, phony, con-artist, spineless, childish. Of course I will be labeled a conservative racist because I used offensive words to describe a black liberal president. When it comes to Obama even the liberals are shaking their heads in shame.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Naw, dont waste your Superior Knowledge on me. I'm doing just fine. For some reason Christ put simple fisherman to work instead of Knowledgeable pharisees

And now, you are on ignore......for as it says in the Bible

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do engender strifes.

2 Timothy 2:23

2 Timothy 2:14

Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

• Upvote 1

Oh please. This whole thread is gone. You guys take your religious crap someplace else. I tried to be decent about all of it, but you guys have taken it WAY too far. This is a dinar site. Not a religious site OR a forum to discuss bigotry or racism. Grow up. Pull up your big girl panties and move on.

Oh please. This whole thread is gone. You guys take your religious crap someplace else. I tried to be decent about all of it, but you guys have taken it WAY too far. This is a dinar site. Not a religious site OR a forum to discuss bigotry or racism. Grow up. Pull up your big girl panties and move on.

Face it Ezra... this site is full of bigotry and racism... THAT is what this thread is about... it never was about the dinar.

You want to talk dinar? Go to a different thread.

The bigotry and racism needs to be addressed for the benefit of all the members on this site.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1