Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

France calls for urgent UN Security Council meeting on Iraq

k98nights

It's ok ComPlx, as I stated earlier, I probably should have left it alone.

But emotions got away from me. Personally I thank God that the mods and long time

Members know me well enough to understand. Sad to say, I used to be much worse.

Happy to say, it's Jesus Christ and the friends here that have helped me to grow.

Keylime, WOW, brother you must be a preacher. Love the post.

• Upvote 2

Ahh my brothers....they will know we are Christians by our LOVE....whether in deed, action or writing on a forum...let us leave the judgement to GOD and seek to lift one another up, not tear at each other as the world does....Blessed are the peace makers...let us therefore make peace amongst ourselves so that those who do not believe may see an upright example of GOD's LOVE not only amongst us, but to them as well....

I think anyone who didn't believe before seeing this thread... would have gotten FULL CONFORMATION as to everything they thought about hypocritical Christians... but yes... you and ComPLX may be redeeming factors... along with everyone else that objected without wearing their badge of Christianity. Sorry this kind of behavior has gotten pretty blatant here on DV... Example: "Should We Turn The ME Into A Glass Parking Lot" ????

It is up to all of us to keep the bar raised a whole lot higher than it has been lately.... We are better than this... JMHO

• Upvote 3

Maggs,

You've always been cool and I appreciate it. Thank you

LGD,

Who cares about your past when the present of the Lord has shaped our future? Just like the old you, the past has passed. Iron sharpens iron and my hope is we both become sharper from this experience.

• Upvote 2

It's ok ComPlx, as I stated earlier, I probably should have left it alone.

But emotions got away from me. Personally I thank God that the mods and long time

Members know me well enough to understand. Sad to say, I used to be much worse.

Happy to say, it's Jesus Christ and the friends here that have helped me to grow.

Keylime, WOW, brother you must be a preacher. Love the post.

Not a preacher my brother, but a lover of all things JESUS...as I am a lover of all things who love HIM....but thank you for that...I am humbled...

I honestly don't beleieve he meant it as a racist slur...

What if the president weren't half black (his mother was supposedly a caucasion remember)? Would he be accused of being a racists then?

Yes, he could have chosen a different description but, he went with "monkey" and "chimpanzee", as in the guy is not very intelligent. However, it seems that monkeys can be trained to do things and that was what he hit on as well... Even though I think monkeys are way smarter than Obama and that it was more of an insult to the poor monkeys than to Obama lol.

I think this is just one of those preconceived and really implanted things that when people hear the word "monkey" mentioned or included in a conversation about a person of African heritage that they automatically assume the person is racists and meant for the statement to be of a racial insult rather than just an insult.

The man is black. His skin is black. There are very few black people who do not have at least one white relative. Put it this way.....pre-civil war, he would not be allowed to sit in the front of the bus because his mother was white.

And yes....it is racist to call a black man a monkey and then CONTINUE to justify it. It is as racist as calling him "boy".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Keylime.

I did actually know that by the Holy Spirit. But I really don't think Dude has that

much brain capacity.

Actually...I may not have that "much brain power"...but I have already proven that I am smarter than you. Not that it's hard....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Keylime.

I did actually know that by the Holy Spirit. But I really don't think Dude has that

much brain capacity. I mean after all, I did readily admit right off that my words were

carefully chosen for the express purpose of annoying liberals. An intelligent person

would have left it alone immediately.

Nevertheless, as a Christian attempting to draw nearer to God, I probably should have

left it alone myself.

Yes. U should have. Shows, by your own admission, "as a Christian attempting to draw nearer to God, I probably should have

left it alone myself."

... YOU ARE NOT.

ANYWAYS a true Christian does not have to proclaim.

• Upvote 1

Wow!!! what a thread... let me just say this... Christians are human, we're not perfect, we can get angry, we can get emotional, we can love, be compassionate, considerate, charitable, but most of all we can be forgiving.  Some want to see us as holy rolly's, to be calm and loving at all times, but in reality we all have God given talent to use for the betterment of mankind, and if it calls for an outburst then so be it.   The key to a discussion is to walk away at peace and with a forgiving heart.  LGD you accomplished that with the help of other Godly members.  An example we all can absorb. 

I  will say this, no Christian should remain silence when our freedoms, liberties and your pursuit to happiness is threaten.... whether its in politics or our faith.  There is no way you can keep faith out of politics. 

• Upvote 1

The man is black. His skin is black. There are very few black people who do not have at least one white relative. Put it this way.....pre-civil war, he would not be allowed to sit in the front of the bus because his mother was white.

And yes....it is racist to call a black man a monkey and then CONTINUE to justify it. It is as racist as calling him "boy".

It is only racists to call a man of any color a monkey if that is how you meant it... That is the whole point!

He wasn't thinking in those terms when he made the statement and he clarified that. Just because that is how YOU perceived it doesn't make it so. This is a big part of why racisim exists today... and racism comes in ALL colors by the way.

He didn't intend it as a racist remark plain and simple! and when you accused him of this he explained it so, why can't you take the man's word for it?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

It is only racists to call a man of any color a monkey if that is how you meant it... That is the whole point!

He wasn't thinking in those terms when he made the statement and he clarified that. Just because that is how YOU perceived it doesn't make it so. This is a big part of why racisim exists today... and racism comes in ALL colors by the way.

He didn't intend it as a racist remark plain and simple! and when you accused him of this he explained it so, why can't you take the man's word for it?

Nope. Calling black men a monkey has a long history for racists. To claim it is anything else shows that the person is deluded or seriously unintelligent.

Had he not meant it in a racist way, the proper thing would be to acknowledge that it is a racist term and change the wording. If he meant that he thinks the president is a simpleton, then he should have called him THAT. Calling black people by a word that has long been used to denigrate them, and continuing to do so after being shown that it a blatantly racist term, is not just racism as *I* perceive it. It is racism, pure and simple, just the same as if he called him a coon, or a boy. 

What he DIDN'T do was to answer the person who asked what he would do if someone called his alleged second wife a monkey.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The idea is to "raise the bar" around here Djorgie... not defend bad (Insert description here).

You also defended the "missionaries" that walked thru an Arab Festival carrying a pig attached to a pole yelling slurs at the people there.

I don't get you sometimes. smh

• Upvote 3

some people can't wait to cry racist any chance they get.  I think Ben Carson would make a great president and he's black , actually I hope he seriously considers running for office. Obama is by far the very worst president we have ever had . I'm afraid we will see the results of his so called presidency within the next few years and those defending him may realize how truly wrong they were. I'm no racist just someone who still believes in freedom of speech and could give a rats hind end what the liberals and democrats think....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dude

My skin is much thicker than that. I was a white man born in Florida, raised in Biloxi

Mississippi, married to a super hot black southern bell.if either one of us got upset

Every time some simple minded freak called us names I'd probably be dead by now.

And be very careful what you say about her. She's gone to be with the Lord. Along

with our daughter. I'm sorry that there are people in America, usually public educated, that

are so closed minded. Everything has to be said and done in there specifically specified

manner, or else. Well that's not how life works. Others may have a broader view.

What you consider racist, others may not. It's what makes us special. You see everyone is

different. And it's wrong thinking to attempt to force everyone around to your way

of thinking. That's bordering on slavery itself.

And not only would I vote for Dr.Ben Carson, I'd actually get out and campaign for him.

Because the truth is IF America doesn't elect him next, then I fear because of Obama

America won't ever elect another minority again. And that is just wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dude

My skin is much thicker than that. I was a white man born in Florida, raised in Biloxi

Mississippi, married to a super hot black southern bell.if either one of us got upset

Every time some simple minded freak called us names I'd probably be dead by now.

And be very careful what you say about her. She's gone to be with the Lord. Along

with our daughter. I'm sorry that there are people in America, usually public educated, that

are so closed minded. Everything has to be said and done in there specifically specified

manner, or else. Well that's not how life works. Others may have a broader view.

What you consider racist, others may not. It's what makes us special. You see everyone is

different. And it's wrong thinking to attempt to force everyone around to your way

of thinking. That's bordering on slavery itself.

And not only would I vote for Dr.Ben Carson, I'd actually get out and campaign for him.

Because the truth is IF America doesn't elect him next, then I fear because of Obama

America won't ever elect another minority again. And that is just wrong.

Nope. There is not one educated person who does not know that calling a black person a monkey is racist. And you STILL have not answered the question that another poster asked about your wife. 

I highly doubt that anyone with an IQ above an ice cube, married to a black person and from a southern state, would not know that using that term for a back person is racist and has been since the days of slavery. 

I  an done now. I know what you are. I know that America WILL elect another minority but it will not be a GOP candidate. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

some people can't wait to cry racist any chance they get.  I think Ben Carson would make a great president and he's black , actually I hope he seriously considers running for office. Obama is by far the very worst president we have ever had . I'm afraid we will see the results of his so called presidency within the next few years and those defending him may realize how truly wrong they were. I'm no racist just someone who still believes in freedom of speech and could give a rats hind end what the liberals and democrats think....

No. I am not someone who calls racism every chance I get. However, there is no doubt that calling black people "monkeys" has ALWAYS been racist.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, you know only what you want me to be. And that's fine with me.

I believe for people with critical thinking skills that my point is made. Being what it is.

Evil will always support evil and will NEVER relent in it's attack on righteousness.

And that is because it's blinded by Lucifer.

Alas, I'm compelled to try one more time.

I compared Obama, (a man whom I see as the president of the United States)to a

Trained monkey like NASA sent into space. I made the statement for multiple reasons

first being simply as I just stated. Also because he wants us to believe he's so extremely

intelligent. I was, and am aware, that this would irate liberals. And sense Obama's

original statement angered me, in my weakness and sin,I intentionally wanted to

,"Get even".

My personal comments are based solely in his own opinion of himself as some

super intellectual deity. It's his blatant arrogance that I despise

To put it succinctly, it's what I perceive to see within the man that upsets me so.

The amount of pigmentation someone has makes little bearing on the ego nor the

level of intellect.

You are aware that there is more to the man than his skin, right?

Nevertheless, as I previously stated. I now wish I'd left it alone. For that sin I shall

seek God's forgiveness, and yours. Please forgive my poor attempt at retribution.

• Upvote 2

you explained yourself pretty good LGD , besides Obama has been called a lot worse because of his character, inability, scandals  and lack of morals  . None of those names would have anything to do with racism and they fit him perfect .

• Upvote 2

Nope. Calling black men a monkey has a long history for racists. To claim it is anything else shows that the person is deluded or seriously unintelligent.

Had he not meant it in a racist way, the proper thing would be to acknowledge that it is a racist term and change the wording. If he meant that he thinks the president is a simpleton, then he should have called him THAT. Calling black people by a word that has long been used to denigrate them, and continuing to do so after being shown that it a blatantly racist term, is not just racism as *I* perceive it. It is racism, pure and simple, just the same as if he called him a coon, or a boy. 

What he DIDN'T do was to answer the person who asked what he would do if someone called his alleged second wife a monkey.

The thing is you are STUCK in a box on the term being used here and you are unable to look outside of it. What matters is HOW he intended the meaning and he DID NOT intend it as racial and why you are so close minded on the subject is beyond me.

I have experienced racism first hand. I am a "Half-breed" as is one of the terms used for my ethnicity and I understand very well about the subject of racism simply because of that as well as several other reasons that I won't get into, but my point is, yes, there are a lot of words that are used and have been picked up and USED for the purpose of hurting and putting down others or in a derogatory way but, those same words existed way before they were USED for this reason and when someone USES a word in a certain way you should be able to tell what their intention of the word was... I won't continue to argue the point because you obviously missed it again.

The idea is to "raise the bar" around here Djorgie... not defend bad (Insert description here).

You also defended the "missionaries" that walked thru an Arab Festival carrying a pig attached to a pole yelling slurs at the people there.

I don't get you sometimes. smh

Maggie,

My Sister, you know I love you and respect you!

I understand the idea of "raising the bar" around here completely... and that is why I am standing up for what is right even though many may have another opinion. Is it "bad" or am I wrong for going with what I believe to be the truth rather than going along with someone who is pushing a lie?

When I read what LGD posted I did not take it as a racial slur and guess what? He made it clear that he didn't intend it that way and I beleieve him... Just because others are stuck on it doesn't make it right or true. I also stated that yes, he could have used another term or other words but, those are what he chose. Would I have used those words? No, but I also am not going to jump all over someone and accuse them of being a racist just because he said something that I may perceive as only being a racist remark.

We all say things we regret and we have ALL said something out of context as well as saying things that others take in a different way than what we meant.

It is difficult sometimes but, we should all remember to have a forgiving heart no matter what the situation...

As for me defending the Christians walking through the festival, I did defend them in the sense that they were physically attacked and blood was shed because of it and they were the one's doing the bleeding not the other party. The police and adults there allowed this thing to go on and on and it was wrong! I also stated that I didn't agree with the pig head on a stake thing either so, I guess if I get no forgiveness for again stating my opinion on something then so be it.

We can't always understand one anothers point of view but, I pray that some day we all come to a higher place where we can. Until then i pray that our Heavenly Father fill our hearts with forgiveness, love and mercy.

Edited by Djorgie
  • Upvote 2

The thing is you are STUCK in a box on the term being used here and you are unable to look outside of it. What matters is HOW he intended the meaning and he DID NOT intend it as racial and why you are so close minded on the subject is beyond me.

I have experienced racism first hand. I am a "Half-breed" as is one of the terms used for my ethnicity and I understand very well about the subject of racism simply because of that as well as several other reasons that I won't get into, but my point is, yes, there are a lot of words that are used and have been picked up and USED for the purpose of hurting and putting down others or in a derogatory way but, those same words existed way before they were USED for this reason and when someone USES a word in a certain way you should be able to tell what their intention of the word was... I won't continue to argue the point because you obviously missed it again.

I am done with LGD. He is a racist. A man who claims to have lived in the south and be married to a black woman knows beyond the shadow of a doubt that calling a black man a monkey is the same as calling him a coon, or a boy or the n word. It is not something I have dreamed up. It is a racist term and HAS BEEN since the days of slavery. I have posted several articles that should have informed you of that fact if you did not already know it. It is a racist term. That is a cold hard fact. The term has been used to denigrate blacks since the days of slavery, so unless LGD is a VERY VERY old man, he is aware of the words history.

Again....had the man not meant it in a racist way...he would have said IMMEDIATELY...you are right.....I meant only that I think he is stupid. However, to try and continue to justify the term....while claiming that a white southerner (allegedly married to a black woman) was unaware of the history of the word is absurd. And he continues to ignore the question another poster asked him about how he would feel about his black wife being called a monkey because it would reveal his own knowledge that the term is racist. Racists delight in calling the President by historically racist terms and pretend later that "of course they didn't mean it that way"....all the while slapping each other on the back.

I did not miss the point. You did.

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am done with LGD. He is a racist. A man who claims to have lived in the south and be married to a black woman knows beyond the shadow of a doubt that calling a black man a monkey is the same as calling him a coon, or a boy or the n word. It is not something I have dreamed up. It is a racist term and HAS BEEN since the days of slavery. I have posted several articles that should have informed you of that fact if you did not already know it. It is a racist term. That is a cold hard fact. The term has been used to denigrate blacks since the days of slavery, so unless LGD is a VERY VERY old man, he is aware of the words history.

Again....had the man not meant it in a racist way...he would have said IMMEDIATELY...you are right.....I meant only that I think he is stupid. However, to try and continue to justify the term....while claiming that a white southerner (allegedly married to a black woman) was unaware of the history of the word is absurd. And he continues to ignore the question another poster asked him about how he would feel about his black wife being called a monkey because it would reveal his own knowledge that the term is racist. Racists delight in calling the President by historically racist terms and pretend later that "of course they didn't mean it that way"....all the while slapping each other on the back.

I did not miss the point. You did.

Okay, maybe I missed something here but, i don't recall him saying that he did not KNOW that the term was used as a racist remark. We ALL pretty much know this!

He simply didn't MEAN, INTEND or PUT IT in that context!... and he DID make it clear that he didn't mean it in a racist sense. He also answered the guys question in another reply stating that he is "a little more thick skinned than that and that if evey time someone called he or his wife a name or made derogatory comments to them"...etc. etc. etc. Go back and read it for yourself. It is there and maybe you just missed it. Anyway, we can't seem to agree on this particular account, however, I suspect that there will eventually be somehting we can agree on lol...

You seem to want to keep pushing the issue of what YOU think LGD is so, that's fine and I forgive you for that and hope that you can forgive me for not agreeing with your accusations.

Peace and blessings In Yahushua Ha Mashiach/Jesus Christ

Okay, maybe I missed something here but, i don't recall him saying that he did not KNOW that the term was used as a racist remark. We ALL pretty much know this!

EXACTLY!! So THANK YOU for admitting that he KNEW the term was racist. AND USED IT ANYWAY TO DESCRIBE a black man.

He simply didn't MEAN, INTEND or PUT IT in that context!... and he DID make it clear that he didn't mean it in a racist sense. I do not agree. Anyone who KNOWS a term is racist and continues to use it and JUSTIFY it ....DOES mean it in a racist term. Of course, he didn't blatantly say that. He didn't have to.

He also answered the guys question in another reply stating that he is "a little more thick skinned than that and that if evey time someone called he or his wife a name or made derogatory comments to them"...etc. etc. etc. Go back and read it for yourself. It is there and maybe you just missed it.No man worth his salt would allow his  wife (BLACK OR NOT) to be called a monkey and let it slide. No one is that thick skinned. I am also pretty sure that comment wasn't even directed at the poster who asked about his wife being called that..   Anyway, we can't seem to agree on this particular account, however, I suspect that there will eventually be somehting we can agree on lol...

I know for sure that there is. LOL. And I appreciate you calmly discussing the issue without resorting to deprecating remarks about my brain power. 

You seem to want to keep pushing the issue of what YOU think LGD is so, that's fine and I forgive you for that and hope that you can forgive me for not agreeing with your accusations.

Nope. I am not pushing it....just answering posts directed at me. It's not what I THINK LGD is.....it is what he is. Period. No person raised in the South and married to an alleged black person would not know that calling a black man a monkey is racist. So to do so is acknowledging that you KNOW it is racist and not caring. I do not need nor want your forgiveness, nor do I need to forgive you for your opinion. You have every right to believe what you want. As do I.

Peace and blessings In Yahushua Ha Mashiach/Jesus Christ

God bless. Yes, I am a Christian....just not one that thinks that Christianity allows for hatred or racism. God created us all....and God put Obama in office, just as he put W in office before him, and the Bible clearly tells us to respect the people God puts in authority.

• Upvote 1