Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Religious forum

Maggie, because it touches people to the core and it starts fights and we have enough going on right now without enticing anyone to challenge someone's thoughts. JMO...!!!

Are you suggesting that starting a religious thread in off topics that has always been allowed... should not be anymore?

There is often a lot of contention among the posters in those threads... when that happens... I stop reading them. :)

My Point Is... Religious Threads Have Always Been Allowed...  For As Long As I Have been Here.

• Upvote 2

LDG, your suggestion is one that is needed.  Your examples gives clarity.  There are times when life's challenges can be over bearing, when my mind goes blank, lost for thoughts, lost for words in reaching out to Our Father.  Having a variety of thoughts from members may be something that is welcome. 

My concern is that when these thoughts/words are posted on a certain thread, will they be removed to a so called Religious Thread.

A perfect example of this would be the "music" when posted on a thread, it is moved. 

Do understand where I'm coming from? I mean no offense to you my friend, just trying to fine some equal grounds.  I believe  this is the reason why Adam chose to have an OFF TOPIC section when he began to develop this site. He knew that there was in no way he could separate all topics.  My opinion if he starts separating topics, he may as well eliminate the OFF TOPICS section. 

My opinion, this is a subject that cannot be contained, restrained in one area.

We all need to be adults and accept the terms of Adams site and leave well enough alone.   

I think you did awesome in asking for Adams approval on this matter.  It shows your integrity and respect for Adam. 

LDG, God Bless You for sharing your heart of love and compassion.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

pattyangel, I'll have to agree with you.  I wouldn't want any Christian or religious posts to be considered "in the wrong place" just because we have a "Religious" forum to go to.  I like it the way it is - we can speak up on any thread with our thoughts and opinions now.  Why do we need a specific forum for this?  Those that don't want to hear it or read it will be jumping up and down wanting those posts to be moved into a "boxed in area" so they don't have to read thru them. 

I like the freedom we currently have to post what we are thinking or feeling.  Just my opinion.  

• Upvote 2

Religion and/or biblical discussions on the forums are not the only posts that cause individuals to get angry and start demonizing, degrading, and castigating someone for having a different opinion.  It happens on almost any thread on these forums.  That happens when individuals can't stand being questioned or told they might be incorrect.  When that happens some "come out fighting."  If those posting do not know how to present an argument for discussion, they usually start throwing rocks. It is childish and immature, but it "helps"(?) the individual feel a little taller, even though their reputation is diminished.  

Personally, I like a discussion (a good one) where opposing sides are presented.  It is like "iron sharpening iron."  Everyone learns and no one gets their feelings hurt.

Every biblical position needs to be challenged.  In that way our faith grows.  If I need to fortify my position with biblical passages and sound logic, then I grow in faith that my position is correct.  If I can't do that, and just start saying that it is BS and don't give a reason why I think it is BS, then the  fun and discussions are over.  If I find out that what I have believed for years is not true and I have been duped by tradition and false interpretations, then I need to stop, reevaluate and change what I believe.  (That has happen many times in my life.)  No one should be afraid of a good discussion.  It is healthy and beneficial.  

I think we just need to leave things as they are and just be more mature when we have disagreements.  

Enjoy life, it is too short to be angry all the time.   

• Upvote 3

Thanks Nelg, you stated it perfectly.  Oh heck, why couldn't I of said it that way.  I'll blame my cancer meds I'm no longer on but going through the journey of the after side affects.  Just when we think the challenge has past :shrug:.  With this said, please excuse my mistakes, now and in the future.  :blush:

• Upvote 3

Religion and/or biblical discussions on the forums are not the only posts that cause individuals to get angry and start demonizing, degrading, and castigating someone for having a different opinion.  It happens on almost any thread on these forums.  That happens when individuals can't stand being questioned or told they might be incorrect.  When that happens some "come out fighting."  If those posting do not know how to present an argument for discussion, they usually start throwing rocks. It is childish and immature, but it "helps"(?) the individual feel a little taller, even though their reputation is diminished.  

Personally, I like a discussion (a good one) where opposing sides are presented.  It is like "iron sharpening iron."  Everyone learns and no one gets their feelings hurt.

Every biblical position needs to be challenged.  In that way our faith grows.  If I need to fortify my position with biblical passages and sound logic, then I grow in faith that my position is correct.  If I can't do that, and just start saying that it is BS and don't give a reason why I think it is BS, then the  fun and discussions are over.  If I find out that what I have believed for years is not true and I have been duped by tradition and false interpretations, then I need to stop, reevaluate and change what I believe.  (That has happen many times in my life.)  No one should be afraid of a good discussion.  It is healthy and beneficial.  

I think we just need to leave things as they are and just be more mature when we have disagreements.  

Enjoy life, it is too short to be angry all the time.   

Quite often when some threads get to be too much for some of the mods, they will step in and shut them down for all sorts of reasons that I don't need to go into here.  I believe one of them should step in and stop this thread for a completely different reason.  Whether I was to agree with you or not is irrelevant.  Your comment is perfectly stated and represents the vast majority.  It's too bad more people can't listen to others and take heed when they see something that fits the bill as well as your statement does.  Well done.

PA  Someone Negged you for something but i evened it out.  How about we start a new thread "Having to Splain your Negs"?  lol

Edited by DWitte

Christianity, Religion. Faith, Trust.. Those are pretty powerful words. Have I questioned those powerful words? yes I have... I'm only human but there's is one thing I have never questioned or will I is my salvation.If everyone would be honest with themselves and see their weakness and work on themselves with Gods amazing grace this world just might be a better place to be in. I have many who hate me ( and that's a word that I don't like to use ) but it's true but I have some who love me and that's a very comforting feeling. Sharing yourself to the world in what God has done in your life is either a blessing or a curse. For me I think like a child ( yeah I know ) when it comes to faith religion christianity and trust. Its not always easy in the trust catagory but I have to have courage and believe like I did as a child in the chrisitianity religion and faith catagory. I have hurt people in my journey of life ( not intentionally ) and I humbly ask those that i have hurt for forgiveness... they know who they are . I'm a forgiver of hearts  God shows me things daily what I have done good and bad but I can only imagine what it will be like to meet Jesus in the final place of peace. So as far as a religion thread, nah.. don't think there's a need for one.  I cry everytime I hear this song.

• Upvote 3

Patty, I think you say things quite well, but thanks.  

DWitte, thanks for your comments . . . and for removing the negs.  Personally, I would be happy if arrows were not around.  

Again, thanks.

My apologies but I made an error in posting.  My original comment was to you, Nelg but the "PA" line was to pattyangel.  I thought I would just save some space.  No one "negged" you that I know of.  Sorry.

I have seen the light and the error of my ways.  I will try to post more righteously from now on.  (yeah, it's a joke  I personally believe God and heaven laugh too)

Are you suggesting that starting a religious thread in off topics that has always been allowed... should not be anymore?

There is often a lot of contention among the posters in those threads... when that happens... I stop reading them. :)

My Point Is... Religious Threads Have Always Been Allowed...  For As Long As I Have been Here.

I believe the original poster said "forum" not thread. That is what I am referring to.

• Upvote 1

I believe the original poster said "forum" not thread. That is what I am referring to.

Ok... I Must Have Misunderstood...

I am not understanding what the big deal is about starting a "Christian Thread".

There have been many started here without anyone having to ask for special permission...

For example the wonderful "Discussion Of Faith" thread that is pinned in the off topics forum.

Those threads haven't changed a thing in regard to the rest of the site and people speaking freely.

Maggie, because it touches people to the core and it starts fights and we have enough going on right now without enticing anyone to challenge someone's thoughts. JMO...!!!

Good... Now that that is cleared up GoldieGirl... I think the difference between the words "forum" and "thread" is where the communications have been breaking down...

Threads = Can Be Started By Any Member In The Appropriate FORUM

Forums = The Classification... Where The Thread/Subject Should Be Posted  (Example... Iraqi Dinar News, Music, Off Topics... )

Seems To Me That Folks Already Have A "Forum" To Post "Christian Threads" In The Off Topics Forum.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1

Christianity, Religion. Faith, Trust.. Those are pretty powerful words. Have I questioned those powerful words? yes I have... I'm only human but there's is one thing I have never questioned or will I is my salvation.If everyone would be honest with themselves and see their weakness and work on themselves with Gods amazing grace this world just might be a better place to be in. I have many who hate me ( and that's a word that I don't like to use ) but it's true but I have some who love me and that's a very comforting feeling. Sharing yourself to the world in what God has done in your life is either a blessing or a curse. For me I think like a child ( yeah I know ) when it comes to faith religion christianity and trust. Its not always easy in the trust catagory but I have to have courage and believe like I did as a child in the chrisitianity religion and faith catagory. I have hurt people in my journey of life ( not intentionally ) and I humbly ask those that i have hurt for forgiveness... they know who they are . I'm a forgiver of hearts  God shows me things daily what I have done good and bad but I can only imagine what it will be like to meet Jesus in the final place of peace. So as far as a religion thread, nah.. don't think there's a need for one.  I cry everytime I hear this song.

Thanks littlesam for your testimony! And the song is really powerful! The thing I long for even more than an RV is when Jesus comes back to take His children home. In the meantime if He blesses us with an RV, it'll be wonderful.

• Upvote 1

"I PERSONALLY BELIEVE GOD AND HEAVEN LAUGH. ....."

More than that, I'm always telling people be careful what you wish for. God does

have a sense of humor.

Why yes he does have a sense of humor... lived through it and Im still a live and kicking...  :lol: I have 2 sayings.. If wishes were like horses than beggers would ride... :)  and wish in one hand and poop in the other...  :lol:  :lol: ....  :peace:

• Upvote 1

Why yes he does have a sense of humor... lived through it and Im still a live and kicking...  :lol: I have 2 sayings.. If wishes were like horses than beggers would ride... :)  and wish in one hand and poop in the other...  :lol:  :lol: ....  :peace:

I stopped short of telling this but your post begs me to.

My wife is always saying ,"I wish".

On our way back from north Dakota we got caught in a blizzard and had to stay at

the hotel.

I was relaxing on the bed while mommy and lady Grace were in the shower.

SUDDENLY both girls come out of the shower buck naked.

Before anyone freaks lady Grace is only two years old.

I just busted out laughing as my wife said what's so funny?

The only response I could give was. ........... wait for it. .................

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT.

• Upvote 2

I stopped short of telling this but your post begs me to.

My wife is always saying ,"I wish".

On our way back from north Dakota we got caught in a blizzard and had to stay at

the hotel.

I was relaxing on the bed while mommy and lady Grace were in the shower.

SUDDENLY both girls come out of the shower buck naked.

Before anyone freaks lady Grace is only two years old.

I just busted out laughing as my wife said what's so funny?

The only response I could give was. ........... wait for it. .................

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT.

yeah... thanks for not coming down on me about my response... I love humor and Im really starting to enjoy life more, been a long time coming but with Gods amazing grace and humility life only gets better... and as far as the 2 women in your life they are very lucky they have you... hmmmmm.. be careful what you wish for... sigh... well we shall see 

All to true dear!

As bill Murray said That's a fact Jack!

I'm going to add my  :twocents: to this thread from my Admin/Mods point of view.

First let me start off by saying that I love and talk to God most everyday!!

Now with that said, a religious section would be a nightmare for us mods (even worse than the political section is already) as it is our jobs to stay as NEUTRAL as possible and that is going to be pretty hard to do when it comes to religion.  We are all aware that we have people on both sides of the fence when it comes to believing in a higher power so that will cause trouble from the start and we Mods have to put our believes aside and do what is far to the poster if we agree with them or not!!

Our jobs as staff and your jobs as DV members is to protect each other and this forum as much as possible.  :twothumbs:

With all that being said, if you can talk Adam into it then we will have to find a way to make it work!  We have done it before and we can do it again   :twothumbs:

• Upvote 4