Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Ok, so correct me if I err, but really, what difference does it make to the r/v who is prime minister? I mean, if the CBI is indeed autonomous from the GOI, then who gives a rat's patoot who sits in the throne of prime minister? Yes, Maliki is the definitive dirt bag and everything else...liar, thief, scoundrel, murderer etc, but if I understand it correctly he does NOT pull the strings of the Central Bank of Iraq. Ironically and sadly, I have to agree with Adam in that there really is no one else MORE qualified to hold the position than old Nouri. ( that hurt my mouth to say it, but I do think it's the truth. I believe whether it's him or someone else, the r/v is inevitable. If his antics and histrionics are what has been the hold up thus far, then all I can say is that the day of reckoning is coming soon. The Iraqi people and the world at large will only tolerate it for a short time longer. When EVERYONE says "enough", then things will happen. Yes, Iraq is a sovereign country and can decide their own affairs. BUT, for those countries with vested interests...interests paid in blood sweat and tears through their soldiers, payback will be the proverbial b**ch!

I still say one Marine sniper, one Barret 50 cal, one bullet. Problem solved. Next?

Edited by ezrapound
  • Upvote 2

Although we've always heard that the CBI is in control of the RV and that they could do it at any time.  

Its obvious that theres a lot more to this than meets the eye.

There must be a good reason if they're wanting to seat a government first.  The problem here is that we are clueless as to what their plan is and we're anxious to find out.   And no one has a way of doing that.

But....believe me.... they do have a plan....   :soon:     We will eventually find out.

• Upvote 1

I think they are saying "enough" and this is what happens.  It amazes me that anyone thinks Maliki is most qualified.  He has murdered his own people, he has robbed his country blind and every other country that gave to the war effort. He never did seat the government.  He never chose a minister for security.  He refused to let the troops stay.  He has been the source of the current terrorism acts, the bombing of the CBI, assassination attempts on Talabani and that is just the tip of the iceberg. So, I have a hard time understanding how he is best suited for the job.  He has to go.  The current and not yet complete government has done more in weeks than he has done in years.  He is the worse thing that has happen to Iraq at this time.  Maybe a few years ago he had his place but no longer.  He's another Saddam.  There is nothing that he has done for the people of Iraq. 

• Upvote 1

actually, EVERONE HAS SAID ENOUGH already.  that's why his name is not even on the ballet.  you have the national coalition consisting of hakim, sadr, nujafi, allawi and barzani which total over 230 votes in parliament, more than enough to pass the necessary banking laws and such to allow the CBI to go forward.  maliki is a concern because he has tried more than once to "allocate'" the CBI's funds with highly illegal tactics but to no avail.  if he stays they will not RV because to do so  puts the whole country at risk if you don't have a GOI that is commited to spending the money on rebuilding the country and the welfare of it's people instead of stealing billions for his own little projects, not to mention what he has funneled through his son, family and friends.  that money belongs to the people and the country but they didn't get it did they.  they got 3 hours of electricity a day when it's 125 degrees outside, that's what the people got and that falls quarely on nouri's shoulders...  the USA, IRAN, EU, AUS, Saudi Arabia, and on and on have said enough.  Maliki is gone and a new GOI will see to the needs of the people who will be able to spend their new found fortunes and buy the homes and cars and what have you that maliki would never let them have.  Maliki is a paranoid psychotic.  he doesn't want rich iraqi's who could find the means to rise up against him.  he wants dirt bags for a population that no one can muster.  and that is what he has created.  but, now, it's finally over.  he's pretty much a dead man wlaking if you ask me...

Edited by aaanth
  • Upvote 2

You guys talk like someome is in control of the rv. There is no rv the best we can hope for is just a normal increase in value which any currency could have. What controls a currencies value well aim no economist but a stable environment and strong business and economy and those are things a pm does have control over. There is no magic switch that is going to be flipped

• Downvote 2

The CBI didn't trust Maliki and his sticky fingers.

Once the CBI enacts a decision, the CBI wants things to go how they want it to go, without manipulation, fiddling, hijacking, or any other monkey business that doesn't benefit the PEOPLE and the success of the country at large. It's in the best interest of the CBI to CONTINUE to make money and keep the country financially functioning with such a dramatic shift (RI/RV/RD) in monetary policy. It's NOT in the best interest of the CBI to just open the treasure chest and say "OK everyone help yourselves!"

I think they are saying "enough" and this is what happens.  It amazes me that anyone thinks Maliki is most qualified.  He has murdered his own people, he has robbed his country blind and every other country that gave to the war effort. He never did seat the government.  He never chose a minister for security.  He refused to let the troops stay.  He has been the source of the current terrorism acts, the bombing of the CBI, assassination attempts on Talabani and that is just the tip of the iceberg. So, I have a hard time understanding how he is best suited for the job.  He has to go.  The current and not yet complete government has done more in weeks than he has done in years.  He is the worse thing that has happen to Iraq at this time.  Maybe a few years ago he had his place but no longer.  He's another Saddam.  There is nothing that he has done for the people of Iraq. 

Exactly sundog, old M has no place in the new Iraq. My country has been directed by thiefs and liars for way too many years for the peoples good.

I know first hand that one corrupt person in such a position can drive a country to ruins. At the very best such a person will put a brake in any country's progress.

So, yes a corrupt PM can and will stop any one state agency from doing a change that he is not comfortable with (RV). My opinion, M must go yesterday from Iraq's political stage.

actually, EVERONE HAS SAID ENOUGH already.  that's why his name is not even on the ballet.  you have the national coalition consisting of hakim, sadr, nujafi, allawi and barzani which total over 230 votes in parliament, more than enough to pass the necessary banking laws and such to allow the CBI to go forward.  maliki is a concern because he has tried more than once to "allocate'" the CBI's funds with highly illegal tactics but to no avail.  if he stays they will not RV because to do so  puts the whole country at risk if you don't have a GOI that is commited to spending the money on rebuilding the country and the welfare of it's people instead of stealing billions for his own little projects, not to mention what he has funneled through his son, family and friends.  that money belongs to the people and the country but they didn't get it did they.  they got 3 hours of electricity a day when it's 125 degrees outside, that's what the people got and that falls quarely on nouri's shoulders...  the USA, IRAN, EU, AUS, Saudi Arabia, and on and on have said enough.  Maliki is gone and a new GOI will see to the needs of the people who will be able to spend their new found fortunes and buy the homes and cars and what have you that maliki would never let them have.  Maliki is a paranoid psychotic.  he doesn't want rich iraqi's who could find the means to rise up against him.  he wants dirt bags for a population that no one can muster.  and that is what he has created.  but, now, it's finally over.  he's pretty much a dead man wlaking if you ask me...

Couldn't have said it better.....amen brother

Just Throwing Out A Question... Most Folks Know About How Saddam Hussein Was Installed By The Us Government In The 70's.

How does anyone here think things have changed? I would really like to hear any well thought out reasoning about why someone would think that the Iraqi's are actually in CONTROL of their government?

I'm not so sure looking at what has been going on since 2006. That was when they supposedly formed a NEW government/constitution. I haven't seen anything resembling a functional government there since...  not at all.

I know about all the articles... but when you stop listening to all the talk and start looking at the walk... What do you see?

Here's A Link About Iraq's Political History...  http://www.juancole.com/2006/12/for-whom-bell-tolls-top-ten-ways-us.html

Edited by Maggie123