Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Do you withdraw his candidacy for the presidency of the al-Maliki government and who are the five contenders for the post?

yota691

Do you withdraw his candidacy for the presidency of the al-Maliki government and who are the five contenders for the post?

al-maliki-30-640x480-500x281.jpg

BAGHDAD - Iraq Press -30 July: between denial and confirm rages novel Nuri al-Maliki to withdraw his candidacy for a third term.

A senior source in the National Alliance on condition of anonymity confirmed L / Iraq Press /, on Wednesday evening, said that "al-Maliki withdrew his candidacy already and that the competition for the position is limited to five candidates are the" head of the Reform Movement, Ibrahim al-Jaafari, leader of the Supreme Council, Adel Abdul-Mahdi, the head of the National Congress one Chalabi, "adding that" these candidates representing the National Coalition. "

He added, "The rule of law will compete for the post are two candidates Hussain al-Shahristani and Khodair al", not striking out that "the leaders of the National Alliance would reach a single candidate before the next session of Parliament."

But a coalition of state law insists that Nouri al-Maliki did not withdraw his candidacy and that the only candidate for the post.

The MP said the coalition of state law, Abdul Salam al-Maliki, in a statement / Iraq Press / The "Matnaqlth some media about the withdrawal of al-Maliki, his candidacy for the presidency of the government are baseless," noting that "Maliki is still a candidate block of state law only for the post of prime minister."

"The State of Law bloc sticking Maliki as the sole candidate to head the government due to the possession of a national project aimed at preserving the unity of the country," pointing out that "the claim commissioned by the Prime Minister of consensual conflict with the national project, which is adopted by a coalition of state law." Ended (1)

an anonymous source says he withdrew while a named source, from his bloc, says that he hasn't withdrawn.  who do you believe?  i see now why Adam says that Maliki has not withdrawn.  

Yes Trinity... That guy "Source"... He is usually very deceptive and misleading... that has been my experience with him anyways. :)

Yes Trinity... That guy "Source"... He is usually very deceptive and misleading... that has been my experience with him anyways. :)

I think the only way Maliki will withdraw is if he has two guns pointing at head... and then who knows he may rather be dead than lose his position.  Anyway sorry to say we won't know until Iraq wants us to know.  :angry:

• Upvote 3

I think the only way Maliki will withdraw is if he has two guns pointing at head... and then who knows he may rather be dead than lose his position.  Anyway sorry to say we won't know until Iraq wants us to know.  :angry:

Completely Agreed Shelley....  "It ain't over... till it's over"... I'm sorry to say all this wrangling could go on for quite a while longer...

and they STILL may end up with the Maliki.   :shrug:

BTW... I used the totally WRONG emotion when I was talking about that "Source" guy.

Instead  of :) (which was for Trinity) ... It most certainly should have been :angry: for "Source"

Same goes for the Maliki! :angry:

Whether or not he's in or he's out, don't you find all these conflicting articles interesting?

I mean, what's up with all the confusion?  Almost as if they are trying to fool us.  Hmmmm :confused2::rolleyes:

I think that is just the nature of the beast (elections) over there...

I mean look at how conflicted our media is here during election time... and then just X it by 100. :D

Remember Bush/Gore Election? What A Mess!!! And This Maliki/Iraqi Guberment System Is Even Worse!

• Upvote 1

In the past Maliki has imposed his will by force after he sows a few seeds of doubt first---and he always insulated himself from being directly involved---I believe that there are too many Iraqi people[within the gov, or citizens] who now see through his deceptions---he now only has left the seeding of doubt/confusion --isis blew up in his face, arresting innocent people for crimes with no trials is done--the whole world is onto that one and there just seems like to many are against the man who controls the media ,one of his last weapons

I would be very surprised to see him in a third term when opposing parties are coming out against him in a media controlled by Maliki-maybe that is the real purpose, the real smoke and mirrors--I hope delta will not cry if Maliki doesn't win when delta bet the farm!

I should also say Adam also---this is just my opinion but it is a valid as anyone else's

Thanks

Completely Agreed Shelley....  "It ain't over... till it's over"... I'm sorry to say all this wrangling could go on for quite a while longer...

and they STILL may end up with the Maliki.   :shrug:

BTW... I used the totally WRONG emotion when I was talking about that "Source" guy.

Instead  of :) (which was for Trinity) ... It most certainly should have been :angry: for "Source"

Same goes for the Maliki! :angry:

Hey Maggie,  I might have spoken a little to soon, from what I'm reading all around Dinar land Maliki really did withdraw ...  I guess we really won't beleive anything until they actually announce a new PM and it's not him !!! hopefully soon  :shrug:

• Upvote 1

I think that is just the nature of the beast (elections) over there...

I mean look at how conflicted our media is here during election time... and then just X it by 100. :D

Remember Bush/Gore Election? What A Mess!!! And This Maliki/Iraqi Guberment System Is Even Worse!

Lets not compare what the ME is doing in the news compared to the US.

What I was alluding to  was that the articles about Maliki are all over the place.

I'm going to say it once and only here. I think the Americans associate to much of what goes on in the ME and and the news based on what the Americans are fed in the news.  You need to let go of that USA mentality. The ME is not nothing like you. 

Stop comparing it to your own gov;t.  Who cares about the Bush Gore mess.  We are talking Iraq...

Maggie I mean this in the nicest way but I have had enough of how Americans see how the Iraq should be run based on American standards...less face it...American standards are done...run out...and are not the leaders in society anymore.

Edited by Goldiegirl

Hey Maggie,  I might have spoken a little to soon, from what I'm reading all around Dinar land Maliki really did withdraw ...  I guess we really won't beleive anything until they actually announce a new PM and it's not him !!! hopefully soon  :shrug:

Nope... I don't think we will believe it until there is an official announcement... we've seen this too many times.

"He's OUT.... Noooo He's Not Really Out Yet... But He Will Be Soooooon Hopefully"... and then those who say "He isn't going anywhere".

Guess that's why we are remaining skeptical... huh....  BTW...Great To See You Shelley.

Thanks for filling us in on what you are reading from others around Dinar Land... Let's keep hoping!!!

Lets not compare what the ME is doing in the news compared to the US.

What I was alluding to  was that the articles about Maliki are all over the place.

I'm going to say it once and only here. I think the Americans associate to much of what goes on in the ME and and the news based on what the Americans are fed in the news.  You need to let go of that USA mentality. The ME is not nothing like you. 

Stop comparing it to your own gov;t.  Who cares about the Bush Gore mess.  We are talking Iraq...

Maggie I mean this in the nicest way but I have had enough of how Americans see how the Iraq should be run based on American standards...less face it...American standards are done...run out...and are not the leaders in society anymore.

Whoa...Whoa There... I think you have me mixed up with someone else... I do not compare Iraq's guberment to ours...

Nor do I hold them to any of our guberments (stinky) standards... I know some here complain that they don't work like us and I am usually one of the first to point out how our guberment doesn't work either... OF COURSE they are different. I think folks get impatient for the RV and forget that.

Sorry I wasn't more clear... I was talking about the MEDIA in general...and how crazy it can get at election times. Perhaps the ME and lots of other countries have that in common... Iraq's maybe a little worse right now.. that was the only point I was making here... Most MEDIA Is Misleading!!!  B) 

To be Honest Goldie Girl... I get irritated too at some of the thinking about the ME and the thinking about the Iraqi's in particulate .

State of Law: waiver of the prime minister betrayal of trust

Thu 31 Jul 2014 11:44 a.m. | (Voice of Iraq) - Sumerian News / Baghdad 
MP from the state law, Haitham al-Jubouri, on Thursday, a waiver of his coalition as prime minister as a "betrayal" of the Secretariat being the largest bloc, with reiterated that the only candidate for the position is Nouri al-Maliki. Jubouri said in an interview for "Alsumaria News", "The prime minister election event for the coalition of state law as the largest bloc," pointing out that "any words to waive this right is a betrayal of the trust established by the people in the throats of state law." he added Jubouri, that "our candidate only this responsibility is Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki." and was MP for the coalition of state law, Abdul Salam al-Maliki said, on Wednesday (July 30, 2014), that the nomination of Nuri al-Maliki for prime minister is not the decision of the coalition but it is a "choice of the people of Iraq," Indicating that the coalition will spend the formation of a new government according to constitutional requirements and interests of the people. as MP for the Liberal bloc Riad al-Saadi, the National Alliance has five candidates for the post of prime minister from among them, Ibrahim al-Jaafari, Hussain al-Shahristani, as pointed out that Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, to withdraw his candidacy for this position because of political pressure.