Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Dinar's Dismal Future: Sell Now (Opinion Piece)

k98nights

Don't think that myself

If the currency changed value so would prices and wages

If I were selling Iraq toothbrushes for 50 cents worth of currency after they rvd I'd still be selling Iraq toothbrushes for 50. Cents worth of currency

If I raised my price to a thousand dollars worth of currency my competition would step in and sell them tooth brushes for 50 cents worth of currency

Raising the value of their currency doesn't change the value of merchandise

I'm afraid it does, Dontlop.  You couldn't sell the same toothbrush for 50 cents because you'd go under.  The cost of you being in business would go up exponentially (your rent, payroll, utilites, advertising and especially your wholesale cost for the toothbrush) and be exactly commensurate with the amount of new currency in circulation.  Your competition would be the same as before.  Almost all inflation is caused by an increase in the money supply where M1 - M3 is greater than current economic activity. 

For example, if everyone in the US received a million dollars from the Fed would that not increase the price of real estate, consumer goods and wages? 

• Upvote 1

Not necessarily. Prices usually are determined on what the market can bare. The area where I live is drastically divided economically, fuel costs are actually MORE on lower income side................go figure. North Fulton Co where I work fuel costs are roughly 5-8 cents a gallon cheaper, than where I live. I live in mid-upper class area & the area I work is some of the more expensive areas to live. I love it when some make blanket statements that are'nt totally accurate.

Edited by caz1104

If they lopped zeros off its the same thing

They change the prices and wages

It's no different in a rv or a rd

Unless it's just adjusted slowly like as in inflation

1 or 2% at a time

Then they can leave pricing and wages the same

Inflation usually just are to cover debt

The USA trade balance each year is why the dollar is devalued thru cost of living expenses

Ask the govt why their workers get cost of living adjustments each year automatically

It's to cover our trade deficits and losses when people default on loans

They take out loans with a signature , then they conjur up the money out of nowhere based on that agreement to pay it back with interest

Those contracts are sent along to the fed quarterly and those figures are sent to the treasury dept and the treasury dept adds them to their m2 money supply

This is how our money supply grows constantly

2% growth

5% growth

What ever it grows constantly

We don't have the same amount of money we had 5 years ago.

It's generated for the most part through labor

No labor ( unemployment )

The money gets revalued up or down constantly

I live in USA

I manufacture toothbrushes for 50 cents

Now Iraq rvs

My costs don't go up

I still sell Iraq tooth brushes for 50 cents worth of dinar

I don't charge them 1000 times more now

I'm not going to Iraq and say ok my tooth brushes now cost 500 dollars with of dinar

Iraqs payment system changes not the entire worlds

Not necessarily. Prices usually are determined on what the market can bare. The area where I live is drastically divided economically, fuel costs are actually MORE on lower income side................go figure. North Fulton Co where I work fuel costs are roughly 5-8 cents a gallon cheaper, than where I live. I live in mid-upper class area & the area I work is some of the more expensive areas to live. I love it when some make blanket statements that are'nt totally accurate.

You've got to be kidding.  You're saying that if an entire populace became super wealthy the people who sold the goods and services would keep their pricing the same?  My goodness, no wonder you bought dinar.

I live in USA

I manufacture toothbrushes for 50 cents

Now Iraq rvs

My costs don't go up

I still sell Iraq tooth brushes for 50 cents worth of dinar

I don't charge them 1000 times more now

I'm not going to Iraq and say ok my tooth brushes now cost 500 dollars with of dinar

Iraqs payment system changes not the entire worlds

But it would cost you $1.50 here in the US no? 3 to 1 RV

Edited by pudge
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's not that hard to understand

$.50 worth of dinar

No matter what their exchange rate is

Is what I sell my toothbrushes for

I sell my tooth brushes for 50 cents period

Convert it to dinar at what ever exchange rate the govt of Iraq puts on their dinar

It's not that hard to understand

$.50 worth of dinar

No matter what their exchange rate is

Is what I sell my toothbrushes for

I sell my tooth brushes for 50 cents period

Convert it to dinar at what ever exchange rate the govt of Iraq puts on their dinar

Just give up Dontlop.. At this point you are just wasting your breath. Some people just don't understand and never will until something happens.

Just give up Dontlop.. At this point you are just wasting your breath. Some people just don't understand and never will until something happens.

Exactly right, I don't understand.  Neither does any other economist.  You Dinarians frighten me with the level of ignorance here.  It DOES NOT MATTER if they devalue the dinar or increase the value of the dinar (which they wouldn't and couldn't) purchasing and buying power remain the same.  You cannot out of the blue declare a currency more valuable and believe that the extraordinary demand of goods and services from an RV would not create an equivalent price increase. Any RV would destroy Iraq's economy at this delicate juncture.  I mean there would be no Dinar on the streets or in America anyway if it RV'd right?  It would all be cashed in and in the vaults. I mean nobody would want it if they could get 3 dollars out of it.  If you think the Dinar is wortless now wait until they say it's worth three US dollars.  The dinar is NOT undervalued.  It is priced exactly where it is suppose to be based on its US currency reserve.

This whole charade is so silly.  You guys would have to be smarter than that.  You know this cannot ever happen.  30% increase in the Dinar against the dollar over the next ten years is the best you can hope for. 

Edited by pudge
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

You should go read the last exchange agreement in 2003 where it says at the end of the exchange period " all financial instruments are converted to the new dinar " which includes its exchange rate

It all is done with simple math

How on earth did they come up with the prices otherwise ?

You got to know prices and wages are in constant dollars no matter what the exchange rate of the dinar is

All the Swiss dinar prices in the north were changed

All financial instruments , does that mean anything to you ?

It was done by decree of the CPA

Edited by dontlop

I see that the lopsters have highjacked this thread as well. I think your in the wrong thread. You might want to take these comments you have been repeating for months back to the lopster tank. Most of don't care to see it spread into other threads like a virus.  Thank you for your understanding.

Get a mop......"Tank" talk has spilled over into the Rumor Section.   :lol: 

GO RV, and NO BV

Oh too funny Shabbs...I just posted the same thing and I didn't see yours :lol:

Actually forget the mop. Let the lopsters lick it up. ;)

Edited by Goldiegirl
  • Upvote 2

Not a very professional piece written for someone who has written many books on wealth and money.  John, you seem to be a bit too emotional about this investment, instead of staying inside the lines and giving us an objective view of Iraq's monetary system.  Makes me "highly" suspicious of you. :twocents:

:butt-kicking:

Absolutely, not very objective nor professional.

I see that the lopsters have highjacked this thread as well. I think your in the wrong thread. You might want to take these comments you have been repeating for months back to the lopster tank. Most of don't care to see it spread into other threads like a virus.  Thank you for your understanding.

Oh too funny Shabbs...I just posted the same thing and I didn't see yours :lol:

Actually forget the mop. Let the lopsters lick it up. ;)

Hey Goldielocks,  what is this lopster talk nonsense?  No where in this thread or anywhere else have I mentioned a lop.  All I said three years ago is that Shabibi said he was going to RD the DInar.  Haven't mentioned it since and certainly not here. 

I don't know if they will RD but I certainly know they will not RV which won't be PC here in DV.  

Edited by pudge

Hey Pudgy....I was referring to how this thread has been highjacked by another group from the lopster, boring us with the same ole talk we've seen here for a couple of years now.

Dontlop, give it a rest. Go have a beer and watch the paint dry. Would be more interesting that discussing the same ole, same ole with the same ole group of lopsters who just want to bait you.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Al-Baghdadi, leader of ISIL in Mosul was just taken out.  I'm sure our advisers had everything to do with it.  The head of the snake has been cut off

It seems now like Al-Baghdadi is the good guy. The bad guy is Malaki who will rather burn Iraq to the ground, worse than ISIL, than step down and let someone else have the goose with the golden eggs.

NO Pudgie I didn't say that at all.

What I did say for those less inclined to read was that the market determines pricing the majority of the time........................but not always based on the examples given. No wonder your clueless you can't read & comprehend., Typical LOPster throw darts without knowing what the heck your talking about. 

• Downvote 1

Well John Wasik, you sell yours. I have no option to sell them where I am, so I am keeping them for better or worse. 

However, you sell yours and go do whatever it is that you do and leave us alone...

if an RV happens I will buy you your favorite drink το comfort you on your sorrow. If it doesn't I will make it wallpaper in my room to remember, and move on with my life wiser.

• Upvote 2

Well John Wasik, you sell yours. I have no option to sell them where I am, so I am keeping them for better or worse. 

However, you sell yours and go do whatever it is that you do and leave us alone...

if an RV happens I will buy you your favorite drink το comfort you on your sorrow. If it doesn't I will make it wallpaper in my room to remember, and move on with my life wiser.

"If it doesn't .......... "

This is really my only concern. When do you determine that "it doesn't" ?

"If it doesn't .......... "

This is really my only concern. When do you determine that "it doesn't" ?

Simple...you get on with your life RIGHT NOW and let the rest play out as it must. Maybe you wake up some day a millionaire, or maybe you just wake up day after day as the day before, but have your good health and a loving family to comfort you on each challenge of your life.

That's what I do, and my wife and little daughter are my lifeline in this world of madness.

• Upvote 1