Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Dinar's Dismal Future: Sell Now (Opinion Piece)

k98nights

opinion of mine  only {  the  person  holding  the  note ,  has a type of  disorder ,  most likely  an   o.c.d.  disorder ,  that  is connected  to  nail biting ,  the  nail biting is part of  a nervous tick  that  is usually  seen  just like  the  one in the  photo , }   I am not a doctor  but  I did  stay  at  a holiday inn suites  ,  and   hold  dinar !     :peace:     and  I am with  the above  ,  will hold  mine   until  future  notice ,  thanks  yota ,   good  day  every one

• Upvote 3

Up is the only direction to look for the dinar...... yes please pass the koo- aid and all that stuff. 

I work for myself, by myself, my body is failing quicker than I can save for retirement, my savings have all gone to raising kids

and making real estate mistakes.

The dinar really is my only bright spot. I will hold on as long as I have held on to my wife, til death parts us............ :twocents:

• Upvote 5

Thanks Yota...It would take way to much effort for the return at it's present rate to go through the trouble of removing the shellac, repair the walls and replace the bathroom boarder....I've actually come to admire the look...

Jeepguy...you just prove how observant DV folks are....whoever would bite their nails down the quick like that certainly has some issues!!! Lol!!! As for his "opinion"...it's worth about as much as used toilet paper and needs to be properly flushed down the toilet!!! ;o)

• Upvote 1

Up is the only direction to look for the dinar...... yes please pass the koo- aid and all that stuff. 

I work for myself, by myself, my body is failing quicker than I can save for retirement, my savings have all gone to raising kids

and making real estate mistakes.

The dinar really is my only bright spot. I will hold on as long as I have held on to my wife, til death parts us............ :twocents:

Hang On Haymon, Help is on the way!

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE!!

That note is a Tunisian 20 dinar note from 1992.

I zoomed in on that graphic and googled the person's name.

Plus there's a "specimen" graphic of that same note on this source page.

http://abkhazia.co.uk/people/431-kheireddine-ettounsi-hayreddin-pasha-1822-23-1890

ya gotta believe! :)

Thanks. You'd think the author would know what the Iraqi dinar looks like. Being an expert and all.

• Upvote 2

Interesting he seemed to have used wikipedia for his piece a site where anyome can write anything. He also has a dinar bill pictured which isnt even in existance a 20 note. I think 50 is smallest bill plus those new coins but even those are 25 not 20. Not sure if thats an old saddam bill or what

Interesting he seemed to have used wikipedia for his piece a site where anyome can write anything. He also has a dinar bill pictured which isnt even in existance a 20 note. I think 50 is smallest bill plus those new coins but even those are 25 not 20. Not sure if thats an old saddam bill or what[/quote

It's a Tunisian 20 note from 1992. Someone already covered that.

Al-Baghdadi, leader of ISIL in Mosul was just taken out.  I'm sure our advisers had everything to do with it.  The head of the snake has been cut off.

wrong.  lol  would be nice, but wrong.  they took out a senior combat commander of hezbollah, not the head of isis.  :)

a nice deed, to be sure!!!!

but not the same dude at all.

These "experts" who always denigrate the dinar revalue never really give a good reason for it to not revalue.  Always the same smudge:  not a trade-ready currency, Kuwait dinar didn't really revalue, blah blah.  They disregard the oil, the rebuilding of the government, chptr. 7, oil agreement, the bringing in of new investors, upgrades to the electronic banking, what else?   They talk like anyone who speculates is a hick.

Think about how a currency maintains its value

It's because they can pay their debts

What will happen if the govt says we will make the Iraqi people rich

Where will they be spending these dinar which is only paper with numbers on it ?

I can tell you

It's externally

Outside of Iraq

Importing, cars boats furniture clothes appliances building materials shoes food you name it

Guess what Iraqs income is only 100 billion a year from oil sales

If the Iraqis spend two hundred billion a year with an income of 100 billion a year they have a trade deficit of 100 billion dollars a year

Their debt to GDP goes up

That destroys the currency and their credit rating

That's how it was destroyed by saddam

You can't make Iraq any richer than their income

Right now they have a current account of around 40 billion a year

Which means this

They earn 100 billion a year exporting

They spend 60 billion dollars a year on imports

So they have a trade surplus of 40 billion a year

So they are stable

But if they start buying new cars over seas and new appliances tvs stereos furniture Ect. Their imports go up o two hundred billion

Them they would no longer have a trade surplus they would have a trade deficit which means they are losing money each year

Within 5 years that dinar would be worthless again

Therefore they won't allow it until the oil production is way up maybe 400 billion a year and the pilrivate sector is a couple hundred billion a year

Then they could rv to a certain degree

Maybe to two hundred dinars to a dollar

This move by the Kurds destroyed all of that for a long time

They didn't cooperate

Any way

They can't do it because the people of Iraq would spend to much over seas and they are liable for all currency spent out side of their country

Bank of international settlements take care of that

This is why over the last two weeks I sold off 99% of my dinar

I hold only 100 thousand dinar now just as a reminder of the voyage

They can't because if you give people more money they spend more money

It's not like they make their own cars in Iraq

Or make ther own tvs

Or have lumber mills or steel mills

They have very little if any of that manufacturing base to support a rv

It's hard for me to explain it but its a fact

The people of Iraq would run up a gigantic trade deficit that they could never pay their bills and no one would except the dinar and we know how many dollars they make selling oil

Around 100 billion a year

California GDP is a trillion dollars a year

That 5 Iraqs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Think about how a currency maintains its value

It's because they can pay their debts

What will happen if the govt says we will make the Iraqi people rich

Where will they be spending these dinar which is only paper with numbers on it ?

I can tell you

It's externally

Outside of Iraq

Importing, cars boats furniture clothes appliances building materials shoes food you name it

Guess what Iraqs income is only 100 billion a year from oil sales

If the Iraqis spend two hundred billion a year with an income of 100 billion a year they have a trade deficit of 100 billion dollars a year

Their debt to GDP goes up

That destroys the currency and their credit rating

That's how it was destroyed by saddam

You can't make Iraq any richer than their income

Right now they have a current account of around 40 billion a year

Which means this

They earn 100 billion a year exporting

They spend 60 billion dollars a year on imports

So they have a trade surplus of 40 billion a year

So they are stable

But if they start buying new cars over seas and new appliances tvs stereos furniture Ect. Their imports go up o two hundred billion

Them they would no longer have a trade surplus they would have a trade deficit which means they are losing money each year

Within 5 years that dinar would be worthless again

Therefore they won't allow it until the oil production is way up maybe 400 billion a year and the pilrivate sector is a couple hundred billion a year

Then they could rv to a certain degree

Maybe to two hundred dinars to a dollar

This move by the Kurds destroyed all of that for a long time

They didn't cooperate

Any way

They can't do it because the people of Iraq would spend to much over seas and they are liable for all currency spent out side of their country

Bank of international settlements take care of that

This is why over the last two weeks I sold off 99% of my dinar

I hold only 100 thousand dinar now just as a reminder of the voyage

They can't because if you give people more money they spend more money

It's not like they make their own cars in Iraq

Or make ther own tvs

Or have lumber mills or steel mills

They have very little if any of that manufacturing base to support a rv

It's hard for me to explain it but its a fact

The people of Iraq would run up a gigantic trade deficit that they could never pay their bills and no one would except the dinar and we know how many dollars they make selling oil

Around 100 billion a year

California GDP is a trillion dollars a year

That 5 Iraqs

Atta way,  Dontlop!  Good speech, except that even if the Iraqi citizens became rich the prices in country would rise accordingly putting them in the same economic position as before.  If they use dollars as well as the dinar holders here in the US rapid inflation would take place so no net gain.  I mean imagine a quadrillion US dollars hitting the economy here.  Could not happen of course.  I don't believe export import implications is why it won't RV other than that Iraq wants a cheap tradeable currency to help exports.  Good post though.

You are becoming of sound mind.  

Don't think that myself

If the currency changed value so would prices and wages

If I were selling Iraq toothbrushes for 50 cents worth of currency after they rvd I'd still be selling Iraq toothbrushes for 50. Cents worth of currency

If I raised my price to a thousand dollars worth of currency my competition would step in and sell them tooth brushes for 50 cents worth of currency

Raising the value of their currency doesn't change the value of merchandise

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1