Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq jihadists blow up 'Jonah's tomb' in Mosul: official

Just watching them erase what equity those people had in their property disappear

They may of worked half their lives buying property next to a relic like that

And in a couple seconds their 50 thousand dollar home is now in nowhere land again

Hi Thesius,I don't know where you studied Islam and where you find that verse.1st of all there is only one Quran in the whole world and there in no single difference of a single word.I've looked again and again,there is no such verse.Please go to shop and buy a Quran and study.                                                                                                                                                                               And there is the reply for your post with Quran & Hadiths and from the book of an christian author.                                                      

pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png
Let us start with the Islamic greetings as it is mentioned in the Old, New and Final testament.

Salamun Alaykum - Peace be unto you (Qur’an 6:54 and that Allah is Himself Peace, see: 59:23), Sholom Aleichem as Jews accept to say (God is Peace, See: Judges 6:24) and as Jesus used to often say: Peace be unto you. [book of Luke 24:36 (KJV), Rather the exact word actually used by Jesus too was “shalom Aleichem” John 20:19, 21, 26]

Author's Note: It is mostly Muslims who have kept this tradition alive and they say As-Salamu 'alaykum every time they meet, whereas others (including Christians) are paying the opportunity cost of changing this into Hello, Hi, Hiya and a more formal way of greeting starting as "Good morning (going up til Good night)"  Saying Good morning to someone on a funeral for instance would be illogical or inappropriate, whereas the greeting with "Salam" is appropriate and soothing no matter what occasion or place we are at.

199348_10151074968443235_19206400_a.jpg

In the world we live today, our dear Muslim faith called "al-Islam" has unfortunately become the most misunderstood faith out of all religions. The primary reason for this is constant anti Islamic propaganda or rhetoric and also some unaware/ignorant Muslims who do not understand Islam itself and hence give fuel to bigotry against their own faith without realizing it.  Some ignorant ones assume themselves to be the champions of Islam and with this pride they end up doing things which Islam never allowed at first place (Hadith proves that, Pride and Faith cannot mix - Sahih Bukhari)

We are making this post on rights which Islam gives to non-Muslims because currently our world is going through a very delicate phase as was already told by Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) when he said, that near the hour there would be a lot of killing. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) rather analyzed this present situation very deeply about 1450 Years ago

We would like to write a commentary on this hadith and also go slightly off the topic so that when we come back we have proper understanding of context of why this world has become such a bad place to live and why Islam is deliberately made to be misunderstood the most?

This hadith pretty much solves the problems faced by modern world today, the wars which are led by big countries upon smaller ones (Big fish eating small) but still putting the blame on the ones being mass murdered as always happened throughout history (Read Qur'an 2:11-12 to understand the ideology of state actors of terrorism), the preemptive full fledged genocides of people in Iraq and that too on false grounds of "Weapons of Mass destruction" (which were never found but rather had magical legs with which they ran into neighboring countries for future reference). Hence in this context the above hadith clearly proves that the killer (any state actor of terrorism) does not know why it killed and the ones being killed do not know why they were being bombarded (i.e. the majority of people of the world who differ with USA foreign policy for example).

Remember ignorance has become a norm of this world. It is spread on a wide scale and the biggest tool of ignorance is “Generalization” i.e. if some Muslim commits a crime then not only that person is to be blamed but rather all Muslims and Islam is to be attacked. We know for sure that Islam is not alone targeted but this blame has been put and still is being put on other religions, for example blame of crusades firmly lies upon Christianity,  Wars as mentioned in Old testament somehow prove the God of Moses as a war monger according to secularists and atheists.

The Hadith: The Killer would not know why he killed and the one who got killed would not know why he was killed [Two most authentic books of hadith i.e. Sahih Bukhari and Muslim  Hadith # 1356 in the latter]

Many times certain terrorist activates are “created and orchestrated” to give justification to wide scaled acts of terrorism in return, take an example of September 9/11 and this is not some conspiracy theory we are talking about , so after such orchestrated terrorist activities the full fledged wars of terrorism (not “ON” terrorism) were imposed upon Afghanistan, Iraq and now Syria, Egypt, Libya, Iran and Pakistan have become prime targets with direct American attacks already taking place within the "so called" sovereign Islamic Republic of Pakistan (This should be an everlasting moment of shame for our puppet leaders). Not to forget elsewhere in the Muslim world where governments gone against USA are being toppled through the hands of rebels whom America has suddenly started to call as freedom fighters but not terrorists.

The Muslims on the other hand are declared as terrorists by default in order to carry out the long term and wide scale terrorism upon them. We do not consider Muslims as infallible either as there are “Ignorant” Muslims too who legitimize the lame western propaganda by committing crimes which Islam never allowed them to do at first place.

Let us now see what Islam says about rights of non-Muslims.

Qur'an states: O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made youINTO NATIONS AND TRIBES” that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other)Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the ”MOST RIGHTEOUS OF YOU” . And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). [49:13]

Quran states at another place: Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand- hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all things. (2:256)

This verse proves that If any Muslim forces a non-Muslim to accept Islam (let alone killing him due to difference in faith) then he is a blunt liar because Quran forbids compelling others into faith at first place.

There is a whole Surah in Quran with the name of Al-Kafiroon (i.e. the disbelievers), some would assume straightaway that this Surah would have direct orders of killing all disbelievers at sight, but to their amazement let’s see what the Surah actually states

109.1: Say: O disbelievers!

109.2: I worship not that which ye worship;

109.3: Nor worship ye that which I worship.

109.4And I shall not worship that which ye worship.

109.5Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

109.6: Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

[Translation by a revert from Christianity to Islam i.e. Marmaduke Pickthal]

This short chapter of Qur'an which has been shown in its totality proves beyond doubt that Islam prescribes right in it's most holy scripture that everyone has freedom of religion and expression, without any if's and but's.

Some would argue by taking Quranic verses out of context like many anti Islamic propagandists claim that Quran advises in 2:191 to kill disbelievers wherever one may find them (God forbid). They while grossly misquoting such verses know for sure that they are not being honest in the approach by hiding other part of the same verse itself and also ignoring 1 verse before and 2 verses afterwards which prove the context to be in regards to Battlefield only. Plus fighting was permitted against those disbelievers who had broken the treaties, initiated the fight, driven Muslims out of their own homeland etc

The amount of importance and respect given to minorities in Islam is unimaginable when we read these following words of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), these words are so strong that If Muslims do not follow them then there is a chance of them having total loss in their own faith.

The Prophet said: Beware! Whosoever oppresses a Muahid (i.e. Non-Muslim living in Muslim land with agreement) or snatches (any of) his rights or causes him pain which he cannot bear, or takes anything from him without his permission, Then “I WILL FIGHT AGAINST SUCH A (MUSLIM) ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT” [sunnan Abu Dawud, Volume No. 3, Page No. 170, Hadith No. 3052]

I.E. the Prophet (Peace be upon him) will be a lawyer against such a Muslim, hence no sane Muslim should expect to win the case when the lawyer against him shall be none other than Muhammad himself (Peace be upon him).

This is not just an advice but a  “LAW” in Islamic Jurisprudence.

"Christians allowed to pray inside the Prophetic Mosque which is the most holy place after Mecca (apart from Prophetic grave which is more holier than even Ka'ba and Throne) "

In another hadith the Prophet (Peace be upon him) is more explicit, he said: If any Muslim killed a Muahid (i.e. non-Muslim living in Muslim land with agreement) then he (muslim) shall not even smell the fragrance of Paradise although the fragrance of Paradise would have been perceived from the distance of travelling for 40 years [sahih Bukhari, Volume No. 3, Hadith # 2995]

Hadith: Once a delegation of Christians comprising of 14 members came to Madina. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) made them stay in his mosque (i.e. Masjid an Nabwi) and he gave them permission to perform their worship in their own manner inside his Mosque. [imam Ibn Sa’d in his Tabaqat al Kubra, Volume No. 1, Page No. 357]

The polytheists of Makkah had oppressed the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and his companions continuously to an extent that he and his companions remained expelled from their own homeland Makkah, however when Muslims won their freedom and went back to their homeland after a long and treacherous exile, a commander from Muslims exclaimed loudly:

Today is a day of revenge (fight), at this the Prophet (Peace be upon him) became angry and said: Today is the day of open forgiveness, then he asked his enemies: How should I treat you today? They replied: We expect you to treat us Just like Prophet Joseph treated his wrongdoing brothers, the Prophet said in reply the same sentence which Joseph had said to his brothers: There is no questioning from you today and you are all free [imam Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani, Fath ul Bari, Volume No. 8, Page No. 18]

The biggest enemy of Muslims at that time was Abu Sufyan, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:Whosoever takes shelter in “ABU SUFYAN’S HOUSE” is safe [sahih Muslim, Volume No. 3, Hadith # 1780]

Abu Lahab against whom a whole Surah has been revealed in Quran, his two sons who used to cause a lot of pain to Prophet (Peace be upon him), they after conquest of Makkah took shelter behind curtains of Kaaba,
the Prophet himself brought them out and forgave them 
[imam Zayli, Nasb ar Raiya 3:336]

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: To protect the rights (of non-Muslims) is amongst the primary duties of mine [sunnan Baihaqi, Volume No. 8, Page No. 30]

Once a governor of Egypt punished a non-Muslim wrongly, the case was brought to the caliph of time i.e. Umar ibn ul Khattab (the second caliph of Islam), the Muslim governor was proven to be wrong,  Umar the great (ra) told the non Muslim to punish the Egyptian governor in same fashion, after it Umar (ra) said: Since when have you considered people as your slaves? Although their mothers gave birth to them as free living people [Kanz ul Amaal, Volume No. 4, Page No. 455]

Quran states the ethics with which people could be invited towards Islam: Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance. (16:125)

The decision of guidance or misguidance of someone is to be attributed to Allah as authority over it is only in His hands, even Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was told by Allah (sometimes strictly) that his duty was only to convey the message.

Quran states: If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe?(10:99)

The Prophet (Salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: Najran (i.e. Christian land) and its leaders are assured the security from Allah and his Apostle. Their lives, their legislation, land, wealth, near and far away people, their worship places will be protected. No priest from his religious post, no officer of his official post shall be removed [Tabaqat Ibn Saad, Volume No. 1 Page No. 228]

As Muslims have to give “OBLIGATORY CHARITY” similarly the non-Muslims living in Muslim lands had to give Jiziya Tax, however Islam does not put this condition upon “POOR, OLD AND INCAPABLE” non Muslims.

It states in one of the leading book of Islamic Jurisprudence: If they are poor, old or suffering (from financial or physical ailments) to the extent that people from their own faith start giving them charity then the Law of Jiziya will be “LIFTED” from them and from Bayt ul Maal (Muslim house of wealth i.e. a bank) they will be helped instead but till the time they live in the Muslim land [imam Abu Yusuf, Kitab al-Khiraaj, Page No. 155]

Quran states: Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes,from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just. (60:8)

Quran states: Surely Allah enjoins the doing of justice and the doing of good (to others) and the giving to the kindred, and He forbids indecency and evil and rebellion; He admonishes you that you may be mindful(16:90)

• Upvote 1

Islam is a religion of mercy to all people, both Muslims and non-Muslims.  The Prophet was described as being a mercy in the Quran due to the message he brought for humanity:

“And We have not sent you but as a mercy to all the worlds.” (Quran 21:107)

When a person analyzes the legislations of Islam with an open mind, the Mercy mentioned in this verse will definitely become apparent.  One of the aspects constituting an epitome of this Mercy is the way the legislations of Islam deal with people of other faiths.  The tolerant attitude of Islam towards non-Muslims, whether they be those residing in their own countries or within the Muslim lands, can be clearly seen through a study of history.  This fact is not only purported by Muslims, but many non-Muslim historians also accept it.  Patriarch Ghaytho wrote:

‘The Arabs, to whom the Lord has given control over the world, treat us as you know; they are not the enemies of Christians.  Indeed, they praise our community, and treat our priests and saints with dignity, and offer aid to churches and monasteries.’[1]

Will Durant wrote:

‘At the time of the Umayyad caliphate, the people of the covenant, Christians, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Sabians, all enjoyed degree of tolerance that we do not find even today in Christian countries.  They were free to practice the rituals of their religion and their churches and temples were preserved.  They enjoyed autonomy in that they were subject to the religious laws of the scholars and judges.’[2]

These just relations between Muslims and people of other faiths were not due to mere politics played by Muslim rulers, but rather they were a direct result of the teachings of the religion of Islam, one which preaches that people of other religions be free to practice their own faith, only accepting the guidance offered by Islam by their own choice.  God says in the Quran:

“There is no compulsion in religion…” (Quran 2:256)

Not only does Islam demand their freedom to practice religion, but also that they be treated justly as any other fellow human.  Warning against any abuse of non-Muslims in an Islamic society, the Prophet stated:

“Beware!  Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, curtails their rights, burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.” (Abu Dawud)

How far is this mannerism than the majority of nations, to this day, which not only suppress the rights of foreign religions, but also foreign peoples and races!  In a time when Muslims were being tortured to death in then pagan Mecca, Jews were being persecuted in Christian Europe, and various peoples were being subjugated due to their particular race or caste, Islam called to the just treatment of all peoples and religions, due to its merciful tenets which gave humanity the right to their humanness.                                                                                                                                    Muslim jurists use the term ‘ People of the Covenant ’ (Arabic ‘dhimmi’  or ‘Ahl ul-Dhimma’ ) to refer to non-Muslim residents.  It is not a derogatory term, as some have made it seem.  In Arabic language the word ‘dhimma’ means a treaty of protection for non-Muslims living in Muslim territory.  A similar term, ‘Ahl ul-Dhimma’ , means ‘People of the Covenant ,’ because they are protected under the covenant extended to them by Prophet Muhammad and the Muslims.[1]  Non-Muslims are guaranteed protection in the Muslim society as long as they pay a head tax and abide by the specific legislations mentioned in Islamic Law.  This covenant of protection is not limited to a specific duration; rather, stays in effect as long as those with whom the covenant is made abide by its conditions.[2]  The good intent behind the term ‘dhimmi’ can be seen in the letter written by the Caliph Abu Bakr as-Siddiq[3] to the non-Muslims of Najran:

‘In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.  This is the written statement of God’s slave Abu Bakr, the successor of Muhammad, the Prophet and Messenger of God.  He affirms for you the rights of a protected neighbor, in yourselves, your lands, your religious community, your wealth, retainers, and servants, those of you who are present or abroad, your bishops and monks, and monasteries, and all that you own, be it great or small.  You shall not be deprived of any of it, and shall have full control over it…’[4]

Another example is the statement of a famous classical scholar of Islam, Imam Awza’i[5]  in his letter to the Abbasid governor Salih b. ‘Ali b. Abdullah about the  People of the Covenant, “They are not slaves, so beware of changing their status after they have lived in freedom.  They are free People of the Covenant.”[6]

Acknowledging this fact, Ron Landau wrote:

‘In contrast to the Christian Empire, which attempted to impose Christianity on its subjects, the Arabs extended recognition to religious minorities, and accepted their presence.  Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians were known to them as the People of the Covenant; in other words, the nations who enjoyed a protected status.[7]                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

The General Rights of Non-Muslims                                                                                                            The expression “human rights” is relatively new, having come into everyday usage only since World War II, the founding of the United Nations in 1945, and the adoption by the UN General Assembly of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948.[8]  Although its emergence in international law is a relatively recent development, the idea of human rights itself is not new.  If one were to study and compare the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to the human rights granted by Islam 1400 years ago, one can clearly see the level of high moral ground achieved by Islam before the Universal Declaration.[9]  This moral standard did not come as a result of human intellectual endeavor.  The source of Islamic morality is God.  The divine standard provides true comprehensiveness and depth in human needs.  It provides for everything that benefits the human race and shields it from any harm.  Objective study is likely to conclude, ‘there is no religion or moral code on earth that has given more generous attention to faithfully affirming these rights than Islam, detailing them, clarifying them, and expressing them.’[10] The Shariah, which is the legal and moral code of Islam, does not confine itself to giving rights to Muslims only.  One of its distinguishing features is that non-Muslim share many of these rights.  As a matter of fact, the general principle is that non-Muslims have the same rights and obligations as Muslims.[11]  This aspect of religion is unique to Islam, and perhaps has not been attained by any other world religion.  If we look at Christianity, for example, Professor Joseph Heath of the University of Toronto, says, ‘It should go without saying that you can scour the Bible and not find one single mention of “rights.”  You can also pick through the following 1500 years of Christian thought without finding any rights.  That’s because the idea is entirely absent.’[12]                                                                                                                                                                                 The God-given status of humanity forms the basis of the principle of human dignity in Islam, whether the person is Muslim or non-Muslim.  Islam emphasizes the origin of all humanity is one; therefore all human beings have certain rights over one another.  God says:

“O mankind!  We created you from a single (pair) of a male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other (and not hate one another).  Surely, the most honored of you in the sight of God is (he who) is the most righteous of you.  And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).” (Quran 49:13)

The Messenger of God declared in his farewell sermon, addressing the largest gathering in Arab history till that point:

“People, hear that your Lord is One, and that your father is one.  You must know that no Arab has superiority over a non-Arab, no non-Arab has superiority over an Arab, or a red man over a black man, or a black man over a red, except in terms of what each person has of piety.  Have I delivered the message?”[1]

An example of the preservation of the human dignity of non-Muslims is the right that their feelings be respected, for example, that they are shown good manners in speech and debate in obedience to the divine command:

“And dispute you not with the People of the Scripture, except in the best way, unless it be with those who do wrong, but say, ‘We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; our God and your God is One; and it is to Him we submit (in Islam).’” (Quran 21:46)

Non-Muslims have the right not to have their religious beliefs mocked.  It may not be an exaggeration to state that no other religion or sect in the world is as fair as Islam to people of other faiths.  For example, let us look at a verse from the Quran:

“Say, ‘Who gives you sustenance from the heavens and the earth?’  Say, ‘It is God; and it is certain that either we or you are on the right guidance or in manifest error.’” (Quran 34:24)

The verse ends with what Arabs linguists call a rhetorical question whose answer is common knowledge to the intended audience.  The verse blends certainty with doubt: Muslims following guidance and the error of the unbelievers is presented as something doubtful.  In doing so, God emphasizes the truth by allowing the reader to draw his own conclusion.  God does not state in this verse who is following guidance and who is not.  The verse treats the fictitious “opponent” with justice by presenting the argument and allowing the listener to judge                                                            God has also forbidden Muslims from speaking ill of the gods and deities worshipped by non-Muslims so that they do not speak ill of the One, True God.  It will be difficult to find a similar example in any scripture of the major world religions.  If the polytheists were to hear Muslims speak ill of their gods, it might lead them to speak ill of Allah (the personal and proper Name of God).  Also, if Muslims were to speak ill of pagan gods, it might instigate the polytheists to soothe their wounded feelings by hurting the feelings of Muslims.  Such a scenario is against human dignity of both sides and would lead to mutual rejection and hatred.  God says in the Quran:

“Do not revile those whom they call upon besides God, lest they revile God out of spite in their ignorance.  Thus, We have made alluring to each people its own doings.  In the end will they return to their Lord and He shall then tell them the truth of what they did.” (Quran 6:108)                                         Another example of how Islam gives regard to human dignity in the following example.  A famous story illustrates the degree to which the caliphs of early Islam protected the dignity of non-Muslims.  Amr ibn al-As was the governor of Egypt.  One of his sons beat up a Coptic Christian with a whip, saying, ‘I am the son of a nobleman!”  The Copt went to Umar ibn al-Khattab, the Muslim caliph who resided in the city of Medina, and lodged a complaint.  These are the details as related by Anas ibn Malik, the personal servant of the Prophet in his lifetime:

“We were sitting with Umar ibn al-Khattab when an Egyptian came in and said, ‘Commander of the Faithful, I come to you as a refugee.’  So, Umar asked him about his problem and he answered, Amr had a custom of letting his horses run free in Egypt.  One day, I came by riding my mare.  When I passed by a group of people, they looked at me.  Muhammad, the son of Amr got up and came to me, saying, ‘I swear by the Lord of the Kaaba, this is my mare!’  I responded, ‘I swear by the Lord of the Kaaba, the mare is mine!’  He came up to me and began beating me with a whip, saying, ‘You may take her, because I am the son of a nobleman (meaning I am more generous than you).’  The incident got to Amr, who feared that I might come to you, so he put me in jail.  I escaped, and here I am before you.”

Anas continued:

“I swear by God, the only response Umar made was to tell the Egyptian to take a seat.  Then, Umar wrote a letter to Amr, saying, ‘When this letter reaches you, come and bring me your son, Muhammad.’  Then he told the Egyptian to stay in Medina until he was told Amr has arrived.  When Amr received the note, he called his son and asked him, ‘Did you commit a crime?’  His son stated he has not.  Amr asked, ‘Then why is Umar writing about you?’  They both went to Umar.”

Anas narrates the incident further:

“I swear by God, we were sitting with Umar, and Amr arrived wearing the clothes of common people.  Umar looked around for the son, and saw him standing behind his father (to appear less conspicuous).  Umar asked, ‘Where is the Egyptian?’  and he responded, ‘Here I am!’  Umar told him, ‘Here is the whip.  Take it and beat the son of the nobleman.’  So he took it and beat him vigorously, while Umar said over and over, ‘Beat the son of the nobleman.’  We did not let him stop until we were satisfied he had beaten him enough.  Then, Umar said, ‘Now you must take it and hit me on my bald head.  This all happened to you because of my power over you.’  The Egyptian responded, ‘I am satisfied and my anger has cooled.’  Umar told him, ‘If you had beaten me, I would not have stopped you until you had wished to.  And you, Amr, since when have you made the people your slaves?  They were born free.’  Amr began to apologize, telling him, ‘I did not know that this is what happened.’  So, Umar said turned back to the Egyptian, telling him, ‘You may go, and be guided.  If anything untoward happens to you, write to me.’”[1]

Such was Umar who said when first chosen as Caliph, ‘The weak will be made strong, because I take for them what is their right.  And the strong will be made weak because I will take from them what is not rightfully theirs.’  History has recorded him as a just ruler because of his equity towards the oppressed, regardless of their social status, and because of his firmness against the oppressor, regardless of their rank.

‘The value of this story is that it records how people had a sense of their humanity and dignity under the rule of Islam.  Even an unjust blow was disapproved and despised.  Many incidents of injustice similar to this story occurred at the time of the Byzantine Empire, but nobody moved to rectify them.  However, under the protection of the Islamic state, we see an example of an oppressed person having the conviction of his dignity and access to his rights so strong that he was willing to undertake the hardship and privation of a trip from Egypt to Medina, because of his trust that he would find someone to listen to his compliant.’[2]

Islam does not compel people of other faiths to convert.  It has given them complete freedom to retain their own faith and not to be forced to embrace Islam.  This freedom is documented in both the Quran and the prophetic teachings known as Sunnah.  God addresses the Prophet Muhammad in the Quran:

“If it had been your Lord’s will, they would all have believed – all of who are on earth!  Will you then compel humankind, against their will, to believe?” (Quran 10:99)

Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, would give people a choice between entering Islam and retaining their religion.  He would ask them to accept Islam only after making an agreement with them, once they had become residents in the Islamic state and felt secure about their personal safety and property.  This allowed them to appreciate the security of the covenant with God and His Prophet.  It is precisely for this reason that the non-Muslim citizens are referred to as dhimmis.[1]  When the Prophet of God sent a commander of an army or a battalion off to war, the Prophet would command him to be conscious of God in his conduct and to treat his Muslim companions well.  Then the Prophet of Mercy would instruct him:

“Set out for battle for the sake of God and fight those who disbelieve in Him.  Go into battle, but do not go to extremes, behave treacherously, mutilate their dead, or kill children.  When you meet your enemies, the unbelievers, offer them three options, and accept any one of them to which they agree and cease the battle:

(a)  Invite them to join Islam.  If they agree, then accept this and cease the battle.  Then invite them to move from their lands to the Land of the Immigrants (Medina), and inform them that if they do so, they will have the same privileges and obligations as the other migrants.  If they refuse to migrate from their lands, inform them that they will have the same status as the nomadic Muslims: that they will be subject to the Law of God which applies to all Muslims, and that they do not have a share in wealth obtained from conquest, unless they participate in the jihad with the Muslims.

(B)  If they refuse, then ask them to pay the jizyah,[2]  and if they agree, then accept it from them and cease the battle.

©  If they refuse all this, then seek God’s help and battle with them.’”[3]

These directives of the Prophet were in obedience to what God says in the Quran:

“Let there be no compulsion in religion; truth stands clear from error: whoever rejects false gods and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold that never breaks.  And God hears and knows all things.” (Quran 2:256)

Edwin Calgary, an American scholar, wrote about this verse, ‘There is a verse in the Quran that is filled with truth and wisdom, and it is known to all Muslims.  Everyone else should know it as well; it is the one that says there is no compulsion in religion.’[4]

This verse was revealed concerning some of the residents of Medina.  When none of the children of the pagan women of Medina survived infancy, they would make a vow to make the child a Jew or a Christian if he lived.  When Islam came to Medina, they had adult children who were Jewish or Christian.  The parents tried to compel them to embrace the new religion, so this verse was revealed to prevent them from doing so.  The verse and the history of its revelation reveals that it is not permissible to force anyone to become a Muslim.  This is the case even if it is the parent who wants the best for their offspring, and their children become members of another religion.  The Quran rejects forcing anyone to join Islam.[5] God says in the Quran:

“Say, ‘The truth is from your Lord,’ let him who will, believe and let him who will, reject, it.  For the wrongdoers We have prepared a Fire whose (smoke and flames are) like the wall and roof of a tent, will hem them in: if they implore relief they will be granted water like molten brass that will scald their faces.  How dreadful the drink!  How uncomfortable a couch to recline on!” (Quran 18:29)

Not only does Islam give the freedom of religious freedom to non-Muslims, its tolerant law extends to the preservation of their places of worship.[6]  God says in the Quran:

“(They are) those who have been evicted from their homes without right — only because they say, ‘Our Lord is God.’  And was it not that God checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished  monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of God is much mentioned (praised).  And God will surely support those who support Him (meaning His cause).  Indeed, God is Powerful and Exalted in Might.” (Quran 22:40)

The Muslim caliphs used to order their military leaders who went on military campaigns to take steps to guarantee this matter.  The first example is the command of Abu Bakr to Usamah ibn Zayd:

‘I command you to do ten things: kill no woman, no child, nor an elderly person; do not cut down fruit trees, or vandalize homes, or wound a sheep or camel except if you must eat it; do not drown a palm tree, or burn it, do not be treacherous; do not be cowardly; and you will pass by people who have devoted themselves to monastery life; leave them alone to their devotions.’[7]

The second example is the treaty of Umar ibn al-Khattab with the people of Iliya of Jerusalem:

‘This is the security given by the slave of God, Umar, the Commander of the Faithful, to the people of Iliya: they are guaranteed the security if their persons, possessions, churches, crucifixes, and everyone within, whether sick or in good health, as well as everyone in their community.  Their churches will not be occupied or demolished, nor will anything be taken from them: neither furnishings nor crucifixes or money.  They will not be forced away from their religion, or harmed because of it.  They will not be occupied by the Jewish settlers in Iliya.’[8]

As a result, since the era of the rightly-guided caliphs, Jews and Christians have held their services in freedom and security.[9]

Muslims protected Christian churches in the lands they occupied from being harmed.  In a letter to Simeon, the Archbishop of Rifardashir and leader of all the bishops of Persia, the Nestorian Patriarch Geoff III wrote:

‘The Arabs, to whom God has given power over the whole world, know how wealthy you are, for they live among you.  In spite of this, they do not assail the Christian creed.  To the contrary, they have sympathy with our religion, and venerate our priests and saints of our Lord, and they graciously donate to our churches and monasteries.’[1]

One of the Muslims caliphs, Abdul-Malik, took the Church of John from the Christians and made it part of a mosque.  When Umar bin Abdulaziz succeeded him as the new Caliph, the Christians complained to him about what his predecessor had done to their church.  Umar wrote to the governor that the portion of the mosque that was rightfully theirs be returned to them if they were unable to agree with the governor on a monetary settlement that would satisfy them.[2]

The Wailing Wall in Jerusalem is known to historians to be the one of the holiest places of worship in Judaism.  Some time ago, it was completely buried under rubble and heaps of debris.  When the Ottoman caliph Sultan Sulayman came to know of this, he ordered his governor in Jerusalem to remove all the rubble and debris, clean the area, restore the Wailing Wall, and make it accessible for Jews to visit.[3]

Unbiased Western historians acknowledge these facts.  LeBon writes:

‘The tolerance of Muhammad towards the Jews and Christians was truly grand; the founders of other religions that appeared before him, Judaism and Christianity in particular, did not prescribe such goodwill.  His caliphs followed the same policy, and his tolerance has been acknowledged by skeptics and believers alike when they study the history of the Arabs in depth.’[4]

Robertson wrote:

‘The Muslims alone were able to integrate their zeal for their own religion with tolerance for followers of other religions.  Even when they bore swords into battle for freedom for their religion to spread, they left those who did not desire it free to adhere to their own religious teachings.’[5]

Sir Thomas Arnold, an English Orientalist, wrote:

‘We never heard of a report of any planned attempt to compel non-Muslim minorities to accept Islam, or any organized persecution aimed at uprooting the Christian religion.  If any of the caliphs had chosen any of these policies, they would have overwhelmed Christianity with the same ease with which Ferdinand and Isabella exiled Islam from Spain, or with which Louis XIV made following Protestantism a punishable crime in France, or with which the Jews were exiled from England for 350 years.  A that time Eastern churches were completely isolated from the rest of the Christian world.  They had no supporters in the world as they were considered heretical sects of Christianity.  Their very existence to this day is the strongest evidence of the policy of Islamic government’s tolerance towards them.’[6]

The American author, Lothrop Stoddard wrote, ‘The caliph Umar took the utmost care to tend to the sanctity of the Christian holy places, and those who became caliph after him followed his footsteps.  They did not harass the many denominations of pilgrims who came annually from every corner of the Christian world to visit Jerusalem.’[7]

The reality is that non-Muslims were treated with more tolerance among the Muslims than anything they experienced with other sects of their own religion.  Richard Stebbins spoke of the Christian experience under the rule of the Turks:

‘They (the Turks) allowed all of them, Roman Catholics and Greek Orthodox, to preserve their religion and follow their consciences as they chose: they allowed them their churches to perform their sacred rituals in Constantinople and many other places.  This is in contrast to what I can testify to from living in Spain for twelve years; not only were we forced to attend their Papist celebrations, but our lives and the lives of our grandchildren were in danger also.’[8]

Thomas Arnold mentions in his ‘Invitation to Islam’ that there were many people in Italy at that time who longed for Ottoman rule.  They wished they could be granted the same freedom and tolerance that the Ottomans gave to their Christian subjects, for they had despaired of achieving it under any Christian government.  He also mentions that a great many Jews fled persecution in Spain at the end of the 15th century and took refuge in Ottoman Turkey.[9]

It is worthwhile to reemphasize the following point.  The existence of non-Muslims for centuries across the Muslim world, from Moorish Spain and Sub-Saharan Africa to Egypt, Syria, India, and Indonesia are clear evidence of the religious tolerance extended by Islam to people of other faiths.  This tolerance even led to the elimination of Muslims, such as in Spain, where the remaining Christians took advantage of Muslim weakness, attacked them, and wiped them out from Spain by either killing them, forcing them to convert, or expulsion.  Etienne Denier wrote, ‘The Muslims are the opposite of what many people believe.  They never used force outside of the Hejaz.[10]  The presence of Christians was evidence of this fact.  They retained their religion in complete security during the eight centuries that the Muslims ruled their lands.  Some of them held high posts in the palace in Cordoba, but when the same Christians obtained power over the country, suddenly their first concern was to exterminate Muslims.’[11]Islam does not compel non-Muslims citizens living in Muslim lands to be ruled by Islamic Laws.  They are exempt from paying the zakah[1].  Under Islamic Law, a Muslim who does not pay the zakah and refuses its obligation becomes an unbeliever.  Also, Islamic Law requires military duty from able Muslims, but non-Muslims are exempt from it, even though it is of benefit to Muslims and non-Muslims alike.  In return for these two exemptions, non-Muslim citizens pay a nominal tax known as jizya.  Sir Thomas Arnold wrote, ‘The jizya was so light that it did not constitute a burden on them, especially when we observe that it exempted them from compulsory military service that was an obligation for their fellow citizens, the Muslims.’[2]

Islam also permitted non-Muslims to observe their civil law in matters such as marriage and divorce.  Regarding criminal justice, Muslim jurists would pass sentences on non-Muslims in issues considered sinful in their religion such as theft, but exempted them from issues they held to be permissible such as drinking wine and eating pork.[3]  This is based clearly of the practice of the Prophet himself when he first came to Medina and established a ‘constitution’.  He allowed for individual tribes who were not Muslims to refer to their own religious scriptures and their learned men in regards to their own personal affairs.  They could though, if they opted, ask the Prophet to judge between them in their matters.  God says in the Quran:

“…If they do come to you, either judge between them or decline to interfere…” (Quran 5:42)

Here we see that Prophet allowed each religion to judge in their own matters according to their own scriptures, as long as it did not stand in opposition to articles of the constitution, a pact which took into account the greater benefit of the peaceful co-existence of the society.

Umar ibn Abdulaziz, a Muslim ruler, found it hard to accept how non-Muslims continued to follow their social regulations that went against the Islamic injunctions.  He wrote a letter to Hasan al-Basri[4]  seeking his legal advice, saying, ‘How is it that the Rightly-Guided Caliphs before us left the People of the Covenant as they did, marrying close relatives[5], and keeping pigs and wine?’  Hasan’s responded, ‘They paid the jizya so that they could be left to practice what they believed, and you may only follow the Islamic Law, not invent something new.’[6]

The People of the Covenant had their own courts to settle their disputes, but if they wished, they could resort to Islamic courts.  God commanded His Prophet:

“So if they come to you, (O Muhammad), judge between them or turn away from them.  And if you turn away from them never will they harm you at all.  And if you judge, judge between them with justice.  Indeed, God loves those who act justly.” (Quran 5:42)

Adam Metz, a Western historian, writes in the Islamic Civilization in the Fourth Century of the Hegira:

“Since the Islamic Law was specifically for Muslims, the Islamic state allowed the people of other religious affiliations to their own courts.  What we know about these courts is that they were church courts and prominent spiritual leaders were the chief justices.  They wrote a great number of books on canon law, and their rulings were not confined to matters of personal status.  They included such problems as inheritance and much of the litigations between Christians that did not involve the state.”[7]

Therefore, it can be seen that Islam did not punish non-Muslims for doing what they viewed as permissible according to their religious law, such as consuming alcohol or eating pork, even though they are forbidden in Islam.  The tolerance extended by Islam towards non-Muslims is unmatched by any other religious law, secular government, or political system in existence even today.  Gustav LeBon writes:

“The Arabs could have easily been blinded by their first conquests, and committed the injustices that are usually committed by conquerors.  They could have mistreated their defeated opponents or forced them to embrace their religion, which they wished to spread all over the world.  But the Arabs avoided that.  The early caliphs, who had a political genius that was rare in proponents of new religion, realized that religions and systems are not imposed by force.  So they treated the people of Syria, Egypt, Spain, and every country they took over with great kindness, as we have seen.  They left their laws, regulations, and beliefs intact and only imposed on them the jizya, which was paltry when compared to what they had been paying in taxes previously, in exchange for maintaining their security.  The truth is that nations had never known conquerors more tolerant than the Muslims, or a religion more tolerant than Islam.”[8]                                                                                                                 Islamic justice towards non-Muslims is multifaceted.  Islam gives them the right to go before their own courts; it also guarantees them equality in seeking justice with Muslims, if they choose to present their case in an Islamic court.  God says:

“So, if they come to you, (O Muhammad), judge between them, or turn away from them.  And if you turn away from them – never will they harm you at all.  And if you judge, judge between them with justice.  Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.” (Quran 5:42)

If a Muslim were to steal from a non-Muslim dhimmi, he would be liable to the same punishment as the dhimmi would have been had he stolen from the Muslim.  Similarly, a Muslim is liable to receive a sentence for defamation if he slanders a man or woman protected under the covenant.[1]

Islamic history has some beautiful examples of justice meted out by Muslims towards non-Muslims.  A man named Ta’ima stole a suit of armor from Qataada, his neighbor.  Qataada had hidden the armor inside a sack of flour so, when Ta’ima took it, the flour leaked out of the sack through a hole, leaving a trail up to his house.  Ta’ima then left the armor in the care of a Jewish man named Zayed, who kept it in his house, in order to conceal his crime.  Thus, when the people searched for the stolen armor, they followed the trail of flour to Ta’ima’s house but did not find it there.  When confronted, he swore to them he had not taken it and knew nothing about it.  The people helping the owner also swore that they had seen him breaking into Qataada’s house at night, and had subsequently followed the tell-tale trail of flour, which had led them to his house.  Nevertheless, after hearing Ta’ima swearing he was innocent, they left him alone and looked for further clues, finally finding a thinner trail of flour leading to the house of Zayed, and so arrested him.

The Jewish man told them that Ta’ima had left the armor with him, and some Jewish people confirmed his statement.  The tribe to which Ta’ima belonged sent some of their men to the Messenger of God to present his side of the story, and asked them to defend him.  The delegation was told, ‘If you do not defend our clansman, Ta’ima, he will lose his reputation and be punished severely, and the Jew will go free.’  The Prophet was subsequently inclined to believe them, and was about to punish the Jewish man when God revealed the following verses of the Quran to vindicate the Jew.[2]  The verse continues to be recited by Muslims today as a reminder that justice must be served for all:

“Indeed, We have revealed to you, (O Muhammad), the Book in truth so you may judge between the people by that which God has shown you.  And do not be an advocate for the deceitful.  And seek forgiveness of God.  Indeed, God is ever Forgiving and Merciful.  And do not argue on behalf of those who deceive themselves.  Indeed, God loves not one who is a habitually sinful deceiver.  They conceal [their evil intentions and deeds] from the people, but they cannot conceal [them] from God, and He is with them (in His knowledge) when they spend the night in such as He does not accept of speech.  And God ever is encompassing of what they do.  Here you are – those who argue on their behalf in [this] worldly life – but who will argue with God for them on the Day of Resurrection, or who will [then] be their representative?” (Quran 4:105-109)

Once, a dispute arouse between Ali ibn Ali Talib, when he was the Caliph, and a Jewish man who went to Judge Shurayh al-Kindi.  Shuray tells the details of what happened:

“Ali found he was missing his coat of mail, so he went back to Kufa and found it in the hands of a Jewish man who was selling it in the market.  He said, ‘O Jew!  That coat of mail is mine!  I did not give it away or sell it!’

The Jew responded ‘It is mine.  It is in my possession.’

Ali said, ‘We will have the judge rule on this for us.’

So they came to me and Ali sat next to me and said, ‘That coat of mail is mine; I did not give it away or sell it.’

The Jew sat in front of me and said, ‘That is my coat of mail.  It is in my possession.’

I asked, ‘O Commander of the Faithful, do you have any proof?’

‘Yes,’ Ali said. ‘My son Hasan and Qanbarah can testify that it is my coat of mail.’

I said, ‘Commander of the Faithful, the testimony of a son in his father’s favor is not admissible in court.’

Ali exclaimed, ‘How Perfect is God!  You cannot accept the testimony of a man who has been promised Paradise?  I heard the Messenger of God saying that Hasan and Husain are the princes of the youth in Paradise.’[1]

The Jewish man said, ‘The Commander of the Faithful takes me before his own judge and the judge rules in my favor against him!  I bear witness that no one deserves worship except God and that Muhammad is His Messenger [the Jewish man accepted Islam], and that the coat of armor is yours, Commander of the Faithful.  You dropped it at night and I found it.’[2]

Another amazing story of Muslim justice towards non-Muslims pertains to the conquest of the city of Samarkand.  Qutayba, the Muslim military general, had not given the residents of Samarkand a choice between accepting Islam, entering into a protective covenant with the Muslims, or to accept fighting at the time.  Years after the conquest, the people of Samarkand lodged a complaint with ‘Umar ibn Abdulaziz, the then current Muslim Caliph.  Umar, upon hearing their complaint, ordered the governor of the city to turn it over to the people and vacate it, and then to give the people the three alternatives to choose from.  Astounded by this display of instant justice, many of the residents of Samarkand embraced Islam![3]

We also read in history instances where the general Muslim population was aware of the rights of the non-Muslim minorities and would demand justice for non-Muslims from their rulers.  Waleed ibn Yazeed, an Omayyad Caliph, exiled the inhabitants of Cyprus and forced them to settle in Syria.  The scholars of Islam did not approve his move at the time and declared it to be oppression after the event.  They brought the issue up with his son when he became Caliph so that the people could be resettled in their native land once again.  He agreed to the proposal, and is thus known to be one of the fairest rulers of the Umayyad dynasty.[4]  Another similar historical instance is when the governor of Lebanon, Salih ibn Ali, expelled an entire village of non-Muslims because some of them refused to pay the toll on their produce.  The governor was a close advisor of the Caliph, yet Imam Awza’i, a renowned Muslim scholar of Syria, came to their defense and wrote to letter of protest.  Part of the letter reads:

‘How can you collectively punish people for the misdeeds of a few, going so far as to expel them from their homes?  God states:

“No bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another.” (Quran 53:38)

It is the most compelling evidence to consider and follow.  And the most deserving command of the Prophet to preserve and follow is:

“If anyone oppresses a dhimmi or burdens him with something he can not bear, I will argue against him on the Day of Judgment”[5]

They are not slaves whom one is able to take from one place and move to another as one pleases. They are the free People of the Covenant.’[6]

Secular writers and historians have been compelled to acknowledge the justice of Islam towards non-Muslims in their midst.  The British historian, H.G.  Wells, wrote the following:

‘They established great traditions of just tolerance.  They inspire people with a spirit of generosity and tolerance, and are humanitarian and practical.  They created a humane community in which it was rare to see cruelty and social injustice, unlike any community that came before it.’[7]

Discussing the Christian sects at the beginning centuries of Islamic rule, Sir Thomas Arnold writes:

‘Islamic principles of tolerance forbade these actions [mentioned previously], that always involved some oppression.  Muslims were the opposite of others, and it appears that they spared no effort in treating all of their Christian subjects with justice and equity.  An example was the conquest of Egypt, when the Jacobites took advantage of the removal of the Byzantine authorities to dispossess the Orthodox Christians of their churches.  The Muslims returned them to their rightful owners when the Orthodox Christians presented them with proof of ownership.’[8]

Amari, a Sicilian Orientalist, observed:

‘At the time of the Muslim Arab rule, the conquered inhabitants of the island of (Sicily) were comfortable and content compared to their Italian counterparts, who were collapsing under the yoke of the Langiornians and Franks.’[9]

Nadhmi Luqa commented:

‘No law can eradicate injustice and prejudice better than one that states:

“…and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just.” (Quran 5:8)

Only when a person holds himself to these standards, settling for no other, and devotes himself to a religion with these lofty principles and rectitude, accepting no other… only then can he claim to have honored himself.’[10]                                          Islamic Law protects basic human rights like the preservation of life, property, and honor for Muslims and non-Muslims alike.  Whether the non-Muslims are residents or visitors, they are guaranteed these rights.  These rights cannot be taken away except in a justified case permitted by law.  For instance, a non-Muslim may not be killed unless he is guilty of killing.  God says:

“Say, ‘Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you.  (He commands) that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty;  We will provide for you and them.  And do not approach immoralities – what is apparent of them and what is concealed.  And do not kill the soul which God has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right.  This has He instructed you that you may use reason.’” (Quran 6:151)

The Prophet of Islam declared that the life of non-Muslims residents or visitor as inviolable when he said:

“Whoever kills a person with whom we have a treaty, will not come close enough to Paradise to smell its scent, and its scent can be found as far away as forty years of travel.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

Islam does not allow assaulting a non-Muslim, violating his honor or property, or hurting him. If someone steals from a dhimmi, he must be punished.  If anyone borrows from a dhimmi, the property must be returned.  The Prophet of Islam said:

“You must know that it is not lawful for you to take the property of the People of the Covenant unless it is (in payment) for something.”[1]

He also said:

“Indeed God, Mighty and Majestic, has not allowed you to enter the homes of the People of the Book except by their permission, nor has He allowed you to hit their women, nor eat their fruit if they give you what is obligatory upon them [from the jizyah].” (Abu Dawood)

There is an interesting story from the era of Ahmad ibn Tulun of Egypt.  One day a Christian monk came to Tulun’s palace to complain about his governor.  Upon noticing him, a guard inquired about the problem.  On finding out that the governor had taken 300 dinars from the monk, the guard offered to pay the monk on the condition that he does not complain, and the monk accepted his offer.

The incident reached Tulun who ordered the monk, guard, and the governor to come to his court.  Tulun said to the governor, ‘Are not all your needs met with a sufficient income?  Do you have needs that justify taking from others?’

The governor conceded to the force of his argument, yet still Tulun kept on questioning him, eventually removing him from his post.  Tulun then asked the monk how much the governor had taken from him, and the monk told him it was 300 dinars.  Tulun said, ‘It is too bad you did not say 3000, as he needs a larger punishment, but I can only base it on your statement,’ and took the money from the governor and returned it to the monk.[2]

Non-Muslims have the right that their honor be protected.  This right is extended not only to non-Muslim residents, but also to visitors.  They all have the right to be secure and protected.  God says:

“And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of God (the Quran).  Then deliver him to his place of safety.  That is because they are a people who do not know.” (Quran 9:6)

The right to asylum makes it a duty on every Muslim to respect and uphold the asylum granted by another Muslim according to the Prophet’s statement:

“The obligation imposed by the covenant is communal, and the nearest Muslim must try hard to fulfill it.  Anyone who violates the protection granted by a Muslim will be under the curse of God, the angels, and all people, and on Judgment Day no intercession will be accepted on his behalf.”[3]

One of the female companions, Umm Hani, said to the Prophet:

“Messenger of God, my brother Ali claims that he is at war with a man whom I have granted asylum, a man with the name of Ibn Hubayra.”

The Prophet answered her:

“Anyone you have given asylum to is under the protection of all of us, O Umm Hani.”[4]

The right to asylum and protection requires a Muslim to give asylum and grant security to a non-Muslim who seeks it and warns of severe punishment for anyone who violates it.  Asylum guarantees protection from aggression, or attack for anyone who has been given security, a right that is not explicitly granted in any other religion.                                                                                                                                The Quran instructs Muslims to treat non-Muslims courteously in a spirit of kindness and generosity, given they are not hostile towards Muslims.  God says:

“God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes – from dealing kindly and justly with them.  Indeed, God loves those who act justly.  God only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion – (forbids) that you make allies of them.  And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers.” (Quran 60:8-9)

Al-Qarafi, a classical Muslim scholar, describes the depth of the meaning of “dealing kindly” referred to in the above verse.  He explains the term:

‘…gentleness towards the weak, providing clothing to cover them, and soft speech.  This must be done with affection and mercy, not by intimidation or degradation.  Furthermore, tolerating the fact that they may be bothersome neighbors whom you could force to move, but you do not out of kindness towards them, not out of fear or financial reasons.  Also, praying they receive guidance and [thus] join the ranks of the blessed with external reward, advising them in all wordily and spiritual matters, protecting their reputation if they are exposed to slander, and defending their property, families, rights, and concerns.  Assisting them against oppression and getting them their rights.’[1]

Divine commandments to treat non-Muslims in this manner were taken seriously by Muslims.  They were not just verses to be recited, but Divine Will to be acted upon.  The Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, himself was the first person to put the divine commands into practice, followed by his caliphs and the general population of believers.  The life-story of the Prophet of Islam gives many instances of his kind, tolerant co-existence with non-Muslims.  Some of his neighbors were non-Muslims and the Prophet would be generous towards them and exchange gifts.  The Prophet of Islam would visit them when they fell sick and do business with them.  There was a Jewish family he regularly gave charity to and the Muslims after his death maintained his charity towards them.[2]

When a Christian delegation from Ethiopian churches came to Medina, the Prophet opened up his mosque for them to stay in, hosted them generously, and personally served them meals.  He said:

“They were generous to our companions, so I wish to be generous to them in person…”

…referring to the event when they provided asylum to a number of his companions after they fled persecution in Arabia and took asylum in Abyssinia.[3]  In another instance, a Jewish man named Zayd ibn Sana came to the Prophet of Islam to reclaim a debt.  He grabbed the Prophet by his robe and cloak, pulled the Prophet close to his face, and said, ‘Muhammad, are you not going to give me my due?  You and your clan Banu Muttalib never pay debts on time!’  Umar, one of the companions of the Prophet, got agitated and said, ‘Enemy of God, am I really hearing what you just said to God’s Prophet.  I swear by the One who sent him with truth, if I were not afraid that he would blame me, I would have taken my sword and cut your head off!’  The Prophet looked calmly at Umar and censured him gently:

“Umar, that is not what we needed to hear from you.  You should have counseled me to pay my debts in time and asked him to seek repayment in a respectful manner.  Now take him, repay him his debt from my money and give him an extra twenty measures of date.”

The Jewish man was so pleasantly surprised by the Prophet’s behavior that he immediately declared his acceptance of Islam![4]

The companions of Prophet Muhammad followed his example in how they treated non-Muslims.  Umar set-up a permanent stipend for the Jewish family the Prophet used to take care of in his lifetime.[5]  He found justification for allotting funds for the People of the Scripture in the following verse of the Quran:

“Alms are only for the poor and for the needy and for those employed to collect (the funds) and for bringing hearts together, and for freeing captives (or slaves) and for those in debt and for the cause of God, and for the (stranded) traveler – an obligation (imposed) by God.  And God is Knowing and Wise.” (Quran 9:60)

Abdullah ibn ‘Amr, a famous companion of the Prophet Muhammad, would regularly give charity to his neighbors.  He would send his servant to take portions of meat on religious occasions to his Jewish neighbor.  The surprised servant asked about Abdullah’s concern for his Jewish neighbor.  Abdullah told him the saying of Prophet Muhammad:

“The angel Gabriel was so adamant in reminding me to be charitable with my neighbor that I thought he might make him my heir.”[6]

Turning to the pages of history, we find a marvelous example of how a Muslim ruler expected his governors to treat the Jewish populace.  The Sultan of Morocco, Muhammad ibn Abdullah, issued an edict on February 5th, 1864 CE:

‘To our civil servants and agents who perform their duties as authorized representatives in our territories, we issue the following edict:

‘They must deal with the Jewish residents of our territories according to the absolute standard of justice established by God.  The Jews must be dealt with by the law on an equal basis with others so that none suffers the least injustice, oppression, or abuse.  Nobody from their own community or outside shall be permitted to commit any offense against them or their property.  Their artisans and craftsmen may not be scripted into service against their will, and must be paid full wages for serving the state.  Any oppression will cause the oppressor to be in darkness on Judgment Day and we will not approve of any such wrongdoing.  Everyone is equal in the sight of our law, and we will punish anyone who wrongs or commits aggression against the Jews with divine aid.  This order which we have stated here is the same law that has always been known, established, and stated.  We have issued this edict simply to affirm and warn anyone who may wish to wrong them, so the Jews may have a greater sense of security and those intending harm may be deterred by greater sense of fear.’[7]

Renault is one of the unbiased Western historians who has acknowledged the kind and fair treatment of Muslims towards the non-Muslim minorities.  He comments:

‘The Muslims in the cities of Islamic Spain treated the non-Muslims in the best possible way.  In return, the non-Muslims showed respect to the sensibilities of the Muslims and would circumcise their own children and refrain from eating pork.’[8]                                                                                                                                 Modern welfare states provide social benefits to their poor citizens, but Islam preceded all nations in establishing social security services.  Islamic law set up financial provisions for needy Muslims through zakah (obligatory charity) and sadaqa (voluntary charity).  Zakah was made obligatory on wealthy Muslims to take care of the poor, whereas sadaqa was left on individual discretion to help the needy.  Social security provided by Islam includes non-Muslims as well.  Islamic Law requires the state to provide for its citizens with disabilities – Muslim or non-Muslim - that prevent them from employment.  They are provided for by the public treasury and the ruler is negligent if he does not do so.  Many instances of Muslims providing social security to the non-Muslim citizens are recorded in history.  Umar ibn al-Khattab the second caliph of Islam, once passed by a old, blind man begging in front of a house.  Umar asked him which religious community he belonged to.  The man said he was Jewish.  Umar then asked him, ‘What has brought you to this?’ The old man said, ‘Do not ask me; ask …poverty, and old age.’  Umar took the man to his own home, helped him from his personal money, and then ordered the head of the treasury, ‘You must look after this man and others like him.  We have not treated him fairly.  He should not have spent the best years of his life among us to find misery in his old age.’  Umar also relieved him and others in his situation of paying the jizya.[1]

Another example is found in Khalid ibn al-Walid’s letter to the people of the Iraqi city of Hira.  It contains the terms of truce he offered them:

‘If God gives us victory, the people of the covenant will be protected.  They have rights promised to them by God.  It is the strictest covenant God has made incumbent on any of His prophets.  They are also held by the duties that it places upon them and must not violate it.  If they are conquered, they will live comfortably with everything due to them.  I am commanded to exempt from jizya the elderly who cannot work, the disabled, or the poor who receive charity from their own community.  The treasury will provide for them and their dependants as long as they live in Muslim lands or in the communities of Muslim emigrants.  If they move outside of Muslim lands, neither they nor their dependants shall be entitled to any benefits.’[2]

In another instance, Umar ibn al-Khattab, the Muslim Caliph, was visiting Damascus.  He passed by a group of Christian lepers.  He ordered that they be given charity and regular stipends for food.[3]

Umar ibn Abdul-Aziz, another Muslim Caliph, wrote to his agent in Basra, Iraq, ‘Search for the people of the covenant in your area who may have grown old, and are unable to earn, and provide them with regular stipends from the treasury to take care of their needs.’[4]

Some of the early Muslims[5]  used to distribute part of their post-Ramadan charity (zakat ul-fitr) to Christian monks, based on their understanding of the verse of Quran:

“God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes – from dealing kindly and justly with them.  Indeed, God loves those who act justly.  God only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion – (forbids) that you make allies of them.  And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers.”(Quran 60:8-9)

Finally, there are other rights that we have not discussed here, because of the assumption that they are elementary and taken for granted, such as the right to work, housing, transportation, education, and so forth.[6]  However, before concluding, I would like to make the following observation.  Our discussion has clarified how non-Muslims living in Muslim countries enjoy rights that they might not be granted in non-Muslim countries.  Some readers may respond with the objection that these rights might have existed in history, but the experience of non-Muslims living in Muslim countries today is different.  The author’s personal observation is that non-Muslims still enjoy many of these same rights today, perhaps even more.  Allah Almighty has commanded us to be truthful, in the verse:

“O you who believe!  Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, God is a Better Protector to both (than you).  So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you avoid justice; and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allah is Ever Well-Acquainted with what you do.”(Quran 4:135)

Further, when we compare the conditions of non-Muslims living in Muslim countries to the status of Muslim minorities living in non-Muslim countries, whether now or in history, we see a profound difference.  What happened to Muslims during the Crusades, under the Spanish Inquisition, in Communist China, or the Soviet Union? What is happening to them today in the Balkans, Russia, Palestine, and India? It would be worthwhile to reflect in order to give an answer based on fairness and declaration of truth and justice.  Allah is the best of Judges, and He states:

“O you who believe!  Stand out firmly for God as just witnesses; and let not the enmity hatred of others make you avoid justice.  Be just: that is nearer to piety; and fear God.  Verily, God is Well-Acquainted with what you do.”(Quran 5:8)                                                                                                             Non-Muslim citizens have a similar right to be protected from external enemies just as a Muslim fellow citizen does.  The payment of jizya ensures protection against outside aggression, defense against enemies, and ransom to be paid on their behalf if they are taken captive by an enemy.[1]

Writing a few centuries ago, Ibn Hazm, a classical scholar of Islam, said:

‘If we are attacked by an enemy nation who is targeting the People of the Covenant living among us, it is out duty to come fully armed and ready to die in battle for them, to protect those people who are protected by the covenant of God and His Messenger.  Doing any less and surrendering them will be blameworthy neglect of a sacred promise.’[2]

History has recorded many examples of Muslims fulfilling their sacred promise towards the dhimmis.  The companion of Prophet Muhammad, Abu Ubayda al-Jarrah, was the leader of the army that conquered Syria.  He made agreement with its people to pay the jizya.

Realizing the faithful loyalty of the Muslims, the Syrian people of the covenant resisted Muslim enemies and aided the Muslims against them.  The residents of each town would send some of their people to spy against the Byzantines, who conveyed the news of the gathering of Byzantine army to Abu Ubayda’s commanders.  Finally, when the Muslims feared they would not be able to guarantee their protectect ,Abu Ubayda wrote to his commanders to return all the money they had collected as jizya with the following message for the Syrians:

‘We are returning your money to you because news has reached us of the awaiting armies.  The condition of our agreement is that we protect you, and we are unable to do so, therefore, we are returning what we have taken from you.  If God grants us victory, we will stand by out agreement.’

When his commanders returned the money and conveyed his message, the Syrian response was:

‘May God bring you back safely to us.  May He grant you victory.  If the Byzantines had been in your place, they would not have returned anything, they would have taken everything we own and left us with nothing.’

The Muslims were victorious in the battle.  When people of other towns saw how their allies were defeated, they sought to negotiate a truce with the Muslims.  Abu Ubayda entered into a truce with all of them with all the rights he had extended in the first treaties.  They also requested that the Byzantines hiding among them be given safe passage back home, with their families and possessions, without any harm, which Abu Ubayda agreed to.

Then the Syrians sent the jizya and opened their cities to welcome Muslims.  On the way back home, Abu Ubayda was met by the representatives of townspeople and villagers requesting him to extend the treaty to them as well, to which he happily complied.[3]

Another example of Muslims’ defending the non-Muslim citizens can be seen in the actions of Ibn Taimiyya.  He went to the Tartar leader after they had sacked Syria for release of their captives.  The Tartar leader agreed to release the Muslim prisoners, but Ibn Taimiyya protested:

‘We will only be satisfied if all the Jewish and Christian prisoners are released as well.  They are people of the covenant.  We do not abandon a prisoner whether from our own people or from those under a covenant.’

He persisted until the Tartars released all of them.[4]

Furthermore, Muslim jurists have stated that protecting non-Muslims from external aggression is a duty just as their protection from internal harassment.  Al-Mawardi stated:

‘The payment of the jizya entitles the people of the covenant to two rights.  First,  that they be left undisturbed.  Second, that they be guarded and protected.  In this way, they can be secure in society and protected from outside threats.’[5]

Islam considers abandoning the protection of its non-Muslim citizens a form of wrongdoing and oppression that is forbidden.  God says:

“…And whoever commits injustice among you — We will make him taste a great punishment.” (Quran 25:19)

Therefore, harming or oppressing people of the covenant is considered a serious sin.  Upholding treaties with them is an obligation on the Muslim Caliph and his representatives.  The Prophet promised to argue on the Day of Judgment on behalf of the dhimmi against someone who harms him:

“Beware!  Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, curtails their rights, burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.” (Abu Dawood)

All evidence in Islamic Law points towards protecting the people of the covenant.  Al-Qarafi, another classical Muslim scholar, wrote:

‘The covenant is a contract that has conditions that are compulsory for us, for they are under our protection as neighbors, and the covenant of God and His Messenger, and the religion of Islam.  If someone harms them with inappropriate speech, defamation, any type of harassment, or is an accomplice to such actions, then he has made light of the covenant of God, His Messenger, and Islam.’[6]

Umar, the second Caliph of Islam, would inquire from the visitors coming to meet him from other provinces about the situation of the people of the covenant and would say, ‘We may know that the treaty is still being upheld.’[7]  On his deathbed, Umar is reported to have said, ‘Command whoever becomes Caliph after me to treat well the people of the covenant, to uphold the treaty, to fight whoever wants to harm them, and not to overwhelm them with burden.’[8]

The writings of Muslim scholars and the actions of many Muslim rulers demonstrate the Islamic commitment from the earliest times to this right of non-Muslims.   

I think that's enough to satisfy you because there are also the quotations of the non-muslims.

Hahaha... You make such a nasty post in reply to my suggestions about alternative news sites...

Going on to say I am Obama lover... MSNBC fan...(showing your total ignorance about who I am)

And then have the gall to say we should be "nice"? What a (insert description here).

Hahaha I'll give you the last word...But I've always heard if it looks like duck and quacks like...oh well you know what I'm saying...Never said anything about playing nice, how about using the word RESPECTFUL, I'm sure even you could agree to that....couldn't ya???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No matter how much you try to describe Islam as a religion of peace, everyone and

I mean everyone only thinks about morons blowing shite up, killing women and children

, crucifixion of Christians, and all manner of human atrocities when you speak of

Islam. All while there nonviolent members sit back and say nothing against it.

Islam is a purely satanic cult.

• Upvote 5

Hahaha... You make such a nasty post in reply to my suggestions about alternative news sites...

Going on to say I am Obama lover... MSNBC fan...(showing your total ignorance about who I am)

And then have the gall to say we should be "nice"? What a (insert description here).

I can understand being a liberal, but for anyone to actually like Obama is borderline insanity.  He is doing nothing for the people who support him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can understand being a liberal, but for anyone to actually like Obama is borderline insanity.  He is doing nothing for the people who support him.

FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME :D.... I HAVE SAID THIS IN SO MANY POST... PLEASE READ THIS: 

"I do NOT "like" Obama... I do NOT "like" any of the politicians/banksters/corporate (insert description here)"

Lol you people need to have more reading comprehension... I'm NOT a "Liberal"...

I do NOT label myself with any political party's letter or platform... I THINK Independently from any of them.

Have a lovely Sunday Yukon Silverman... Hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Hi Thesius,I don't know where you studied Islam and where you find that verse.1st of all there is only one Quran in the whole world and there in no single difference of a single word.I've looked again and again,there is no such verse.Please go to shop and buy a Quran and study.                                                                                                                                                                               And there is the reply for your post with Quran & Hadiths and from the book of an christian author.                                                      

pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png
Let us start with the Islamic greetings as it is mentioned in the Old, New and Final testament.

Salamun Alaykum - Peace be unto you (Qur’an 6:54 and that Allah is Himself Peace, see: 59:23), Sholom Aleichem as Jews accept to say (God is Peace, See: Judges 6:24) and as Jesus used to often say: Peace be unto you. [book of Luke 24:36 (KJV), Rather the exact word actually used by Jesus too was “shalom Aleichem” John 20:19, 21, 26]

Author's Note: It is mostly Muslims who have kept this tradition alive and they say As-Salamu 'alaykum every time they meet, whereas others (including Christians) are paying the opportunity cost of changing this into Hello, Hi, Hiya and a more formal way of greeting starting as "Good morning (going up til Good night)"  Saying Good morning to someone on a funeral for instance would be illogical or inappropriate, whereas the greeting with "Salam" is appropriate and soothing no matter what occasion or place we are at.

199348_10151074968443235_19206400_a.jpg

In the world we live today, our dear Muslim faith called "al-Islam" has unfortunately become the most misunderstood faith out of all religions. The primary reason for this is constant anti Islamic propaganda or rhetoric and also some unaware/ignorant Muslims who do not understand Islam itself and hence give fuel to bigotry against their own faith without realizing it.  Some ignorant ones assume themselves to be the champions of Islam and with this pride they end up doing things which Islam never allowed at first place (Hadith proves that, Pride and Faith cannot mix - Sahih Bukhari)

We are making this post on rights which Islam gives to non-Muslims because currently our world is going through a very delicate phase as was already told by Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) when he said, that near the hour there would be a lot of killing. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) rather analyzed this present situation very deeply about 1450 Years ago

We would like to write a commentary on this hadith and also go slightly off the topic so that when we come back we have proper understanding of context of why this world has become such a bad place to live and why Islam is deliberately made to be misunderstood the most?

This hadith pretty much solves the problems faced by modern world today, the wars which are led by big countries upon smaller ones (Big fish eating small) but still putting the blame on the ones being mass murdered as always happened throughout history (Read Qur'an 2:11-12 to understand the ideology of state actors of terrorism), the preemptive full fledged genocides of people in Iraq and that too on false grounds of "Weapons of Mass destruction" (which were never found but rather had magical legs with which they ran into neighboring countries for future reference). Hence in this context the above hadith clearly proves that the killer (any state actor of terrorism) does not know why it killed and the ones being killed do not know why they were being bombarded (i.e. the majority of people of the world who differ with USA foreign policy for example).

Remember ignorance has become a norm of this world. It is spread on a wide scale and the biggest tool of ignorance is “Generalization” i.e. if some Muslim commits a crime then not only that person is to be blamed but rather all Muslims and Islam is to be attacked. We know for sure that Islam is not alone targeted but this blame has been put and still is being put on other religions, for example blame of crusades firmly lies upon Christianity,  Wars as mentioned in Old testament somehow prove the God of Moses as a war monger according to secularists and atheists.

The Hadith: The Killer would not know why he killed and the one who got killed would not know why he was killed [Two most authentic books of hadith i.e. Sahih Bukhari and Muslim  Hadith # 1356 in the latter]

Many times certain terrorist activates are “created and orchestrated” to give justification to wide scaled acts of terrorism in return, take an example of September 9/11 and this is not some conspiracy theory we are talking about , so after such orchestrated terrorist activities the full fledged wars of terrorism (not “ON” terrorism) were imposed upon Afghanistan, Iraq and now Syria, Egypt, Libya, Iran and Pakistan have become prime targets with direct American attacks already taking place within the "so called" sovereign Islamic Republic of Pakistan (This should be an everlasting moment of shame for our puppet leaders). Not to forget elsewhere in the Muslim world where governments gone against USA are being toppled through the hands of rebels whom America has suddenly started to call as freedom fighters but not terrorists.

The Muslims on the other hand are declared as terrorists by default in order to carry out the long term and wide scale terrorism upon them. We do not consider Muslims as infallible either as there are “Ignorant” Muslims too who legitimize the lame western propaganda by committing crimes which Islam never allowed them to do at first place.

Let us now see what Islam says about rights of non-Muslims.

Qur'an states: O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made youINTO NATIONS AND TRIBES” that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other)Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the ”MOST RIGHTEOUS OF YOU” . And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). [49:13]

Quran states at another place: Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand- hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all things. (2:256)

This verse proves that If any Muslim forces a non-Muslim to accept Islam (let alone killing him due to difference in faith) then he is a blunt liar because Quran forbids compelling others into faith at first place.

There is a whole Surah in Quran with the name of Al-Kafiroon (i.e. the disbelievers), some would assume straightaway that this Surah would have direct orders of killing all disbelievers at sight, but to their amazement let’s see what the Surah actually states

109.1: Say: O disbelievers!

109.2: I worship not that which ye worship;

109.3: Nor worship ye that which I worship.

109.4And I shall not worship that which ye worship.

109.5Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

109.6: Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

[Translation by a revert from Christianity to Islam i.e. Marmaduke Pickthal]

This short chapter of Qur'an which has been shown in its totality proves beyond doubt that Islam prescribes right in it's most holy scripture that everyone has freedom of religion and expression, without any if's and but's.

Some would argue by taking Quranic verses out of context like many anti Islamic propagandists claim that Quran advises in 2:191 to kill disbelievers wherever one may find them (God forbid). They while grossly misquoting such verses know for sure that they are not being honest in the approach by hiding other part of the same verse itself and also ignoring 1 verse before and 2 verses afterwards which prove the context to be in regards to Battlefield only. Plus fighting was permitted against those disbelievers who had broken the treaties, initiated the fight, driven Muslims out of their own homeland etc

The amount of importance and respect given to minorities in Islam is unimaginable when we read these following words of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), these words are so strong that If Muslims do not follow them then there is a chance of them having total loss in their own faith.

The Prophet said: Beware! Whosoever oppresses a Muahid (i.e. Non-Muslim living in Muslim land with agreement) or snatches (any of) his rights or causes him pain which he cannot bear, or takes anything from him without his permission, Then “I WILL FIGHT AGAINST SUCH A (MUSLIM) ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT” [sunnan Abu Dawud, Volume No. 3, Page No. 170, Hadith No. 3052]

I.E. the Prophet (Peace be upon him) will be a lawyer against such a Muslim, hence no sane Muslim should expect to win the case when the lawyer against him shall be none other than Muhammad himself (Peace be upon him).

This is not just an advice but a  “LAW” in Islamic Jurisprudence.

"Christians allowed to pray inside the Prophetic Mosque which is the most holy place after Mecca (apart from Prophetic grave which is more holier than even Ka'ba and Throne) "

In another hadith the Prophet (Peace be upon him) is more explicit, he said: If any Muslim killed a Muahid (i.e. non-Muslim living in Muslim land with agreement) then he (muslim) shall not even smell the fragrance of Paradise although the fragrance of Paradise would have been perceived from the distance of travelling for 40 years [sahih Bukhari, Volume No. 3, Hadith # 2995]

Hadith: Once a delegation of Christians comprising of 14 members came to Madina. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) made them stay in his mosque (i.e. Masjid an Nabwi) and he gave them permission to perform their worship in their own manner inside his Mosque. [imam Ibn Sa’d in his Tabaqat al Kubra, Volume No. 1, Page No. 357]

The polytheists of Makkah had oppressed the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and his companions continuously to an extent that he and his companions remained expelled from their own homeland Makkah, however when Muslims won their freedom and went back to their homeland after a long and treacherous exile, a commander from Muslims exclaimed loudly:

Today is a day of revenge (fight), at this the Prophet (Peace be upon him) became angry and said: Today is the day of open forgiveness, then he asked his enemies: How should I treat you today? They replied: We expect you to treat us Just like Prophet Joseph treated his wrongdoing brothers, the Prophet said in reply the same sentence which Joseph had said to his brothers: There is no questioning from you today and you are all free [imam Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani, Fath ul Bari, Volume No. 8, Page No. 18]

The biggest enemy of Muslims at that time was Abu Sufyan, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:Whosoever takes shelter in “ABU SUFYAN’S HOUSE” is safe [sahih Muslim, Volume No. 3, Hadith # 1780]

Abu Lahab against whom a whole Surah has been revealed in Quran, his two sons who used to cause a lot of pain to Prophet (Peace be upon him), they after conquest of Makkah took shelter behind curtains of Kaaba,
the Prophet himself brought them out and forgave them 
[imam Zayli, Nasb ar Raiya 3:336]

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: To protect the rights (of non-Muslims) is amongst the primary duties of mine [sunnan Baihaqi, Volume No. 8, Page No. 30]

Once a governor of Egypt punished a non-Muslim wrongly, the case was brought to the caliph of time i.e. Umar ibn ul Khattab (the second caliph of Islam), the Muslim governor was proven to be wrong,  Umar the great (ra) told the non Muslim to punish the Egyptian governor in same fashion, after it Umar (ra) said: Since when have you considered people as your slaves? Although their mothers gave birth to them as free living people [Kanz ul Amaal, Volume No. 4, Page No. 455]

Quran states the ethics with which people could be invited towards Islam: Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance. (16:125)

The decision of guidance or misguidance of someone is to be attributed to Allah as authority over it is only in His hands, even Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was told by Allah (sometimes strictly) that his duty was only to convey the message.

Quran states: If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe?(10:99)

The Prophet (Salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: Najran (i.e. Christian land) and its leaders are assured the security from Allah and his Apostle. Their lives, their legislation, land, wealth, near and far away people, their worship places will be protected. No priest from his religious post, no officer of his official post shall be removed [Tabaqat Ibn Saad, Volume No. 1 Page No. 228]

As Muslims have to give “OBLIGATORY CHARITY” similarly the non-Muslims living in Muslim lands had to give Jiziya Tax, however Islam does not put this condition upon “POOR, OLD AND INCAPABLE” non Muslims.

It states in one of the leading book of Islamic Jurisprudence: If they are poor, old or suffering (from financial or physical ailments) to the extent that people from their own faith start giving them charity then the Law of Jiziya will be “LIFTED” from them and from Bayt ul Maal (Muslim house of wealth i.e. a bank) they will be helped instead but till the time they live in the Muslim land [imam Abu Yusuf, Kitab al-Khiraaj, Page No. 155]

Quran states: Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes,from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just. (60:8)

Quran states: Surely Allah enjoins the doing of justice and the doing of good (to others) and the giving to the kindred, and He forbids indecency and evil and rebellion; He admonishes you that you may be mindful(16:90)

Thank You Amberamin... It is always good to read more... so that we can see others views and more information to weigh out how we look any particular situation... both your posts are much appreciated.

This is why I don't post Quranic verse.

Which word are you referring to Amber in the verse I quoted fitna? 

As far as one Quran in the whole world goes... why is there a differnce in the amount of chapters between a Sunni Quran and a Shia Quran? Hint one of them has approximately 8 more chapters. Why was Aisha's Quran burned? Why is the Quran in Istanbul totally different the arabic Quran you and I hold in our hands? If there was only one quran why do the qurans differ from each region of the world? I will give you a hint on this reseach readers and quran.

Because you read the Quran and pick up out "peaceful" verse out of the it, doesn't mean it holds true. There are countless peaceful verses in the Quran that have been abrogated by the being in the sky we can not even imagine. Truth be told for every Judiac and Christian story that  has been found in the Quran, the version found in the Quran has been perverted towards Islam. For example the story of Cain and Able. 

We can throw verses back and forth all you want, but if you don't know the chronological order in which the Sunahs of the Quran was written, you really don't know your Quran. Why do I say this its because of the verse of abrogation found within. 

You need to look up the verse I quoted instead of summarily dismissing it as I know that is what you have done because it tells the truth of islam. I can show verse after verse starting in Chapter 2 of the Quran that says to kill unbelievers that would counter every single verse you posted. The verse I quoted to you is a verse of jihad. I am sure you have heard of that word right? Jihad? Yeah give some story about inner struggle. Remember I said peace is a funny word? The inner struggle refers to part of the whole. Inner struggle is only a piece of Jihad and not the full entirety. 

Instead of pushing verses, how about you do something better with your time like find out the real truth and not some concocted story of how its peaceful. Islam is a piece religion...it wants a piece of me and you and everyone else it can get its grubby little hands on.

Amberamin... you got to do better than that... I know all your talking points. I have debated them thoroughly for years. Please come on... now. When you debate about that fatwah you are debating agianst a mullah of your faith. I didn't say it. So how dare you go against your clerics! /s off 

• Upvote 1

Quoted by Amber

.E. the Prophet (Peace be upon him) will be a lawyer against such a Muslim, hence no sane Muslim should expect to win the case when the lawyer against him shall be none other than Muhammad himself (Peace be upon him).

The correct word you are looking for here is Intercessor. Your prophet seeks to replace the messiah (whether you he has come and will come again or whether you believe the messiah is to come) in this regard. This shows that your prophet was jealous of the messiah that had come before him and intended to replace him. I know the story of how your prophet will lay prostrate before god... but how will he know where god is if he is imaginable and has no body, arms, legs or head? 

Like I said please know the history. You probably don't even know in the book of Miriam (who the mother of Jesus, is also the sister to Moses in the Quran) speaks of how all muslims will descend to hell before your prophet intercedes on your behalf. Even your prophet once asked will he go to heaven or hell proclaimed he had no idea where he would go. At least all the prophets before him knew. 

Chronological order (2 follows 1, 3 follows 2 which follows 1 etc. ) is not how the books are structured in Quran. The first book of the Quran was not written first and the last book in the Quran was not written last. In between its a hodgepodge order. You may be able to fool everyone who doesn't know this and then cherry picking the peaceful verses, but your prophet didn't write the Quran in order. Imagine that! Besides how does Allah change his mind? Jews and Christians and Muslims are supposed to be friends but now they are classified as as unbelievers so its the duty of Muslims (through Jihad) to bring them around or eradicate them all together. Fitna... is an interesting word. Go look it up apparently you have never heard of it. Why should I do all the work for you?

• Upvote 1

FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME :D.... I HAVE SAID THIS IN SO MANY POST... PLEASE READ THIS:

"I do NOT "like" Obama... I do NOT "like" any of the politicians/banksters/corporate (insert description here)"

Lol you people need to have more reading comprehension... I'm NOT a "Liberal"...

I do NOT label myself with any political party's letter or platform... I THINK Independently from any of them.

Have a lovely Sunday Yukon Silverman... Hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Whoops, I read that seriously. No, I don't need reading comprehension, thank you very much. Just didn't pick up on the not so obvious sarcasm.

Whoops, I read that seriously. No, I don't need reading comprehension, thank you very much. Just didn't pick up on the not so obvious sarcasm.

You are right... My bad... I left out the word "an" in the Op you read... that must be why it was so hard for you to understand it.

Anyways... I think that is all cleared up for you now...

Please Do Have A Lovely Day Yukon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

The Daash & ISIS are not jihadists.No Muslim is allowed to kill the innocent people nor he can imagine of the destruction of their own Holy Sites or Shrines.According to Quran,''One who kills a human,he kills the whole humanity.''Islam allows everyone to live their lives freely according to their Beliefs & Religions.These so called Islamists are driven out of Islam.These are the hell people.I think all the religions teaches peace.Why all the international community is silenced on the genocides of the muslims of Palestine by Israel.what is the sin of the innocent children & women.Islam don't allow the killing of women & children.Don't the international community can see that tyranny & injustice.And you guys blames that the muslims are cruel.That's completely unfair.   

Too bad that the Muslims can't follow their own "advice" and teachings huh?  OH, BUT WAIT, THEY DO, sorta.....  Because they sure don't have a problem with killing innocents, and they sure don't have a problem with killing women and children.  And they never have.  The one thing you seem to have overlooked in your condemnation of the rest of us, lol, is that Islam does not consider infidels to be innocent, also, infidels are considered to be an offense to Allah, and it is written in their Koran that anything that is an offense to Allah is to be removed or destroyed; hence all the killing of infidels and blowing up of shrines around the world in places where they have taken over during the last few hundred years.

As to killing of fellow Muslims, while that is truly a shame in their eyes, that also is provided for in their sick little religion, those "lucky" souls are now "Martyrs" for Allah, and are "blessed".

So you can keep your uniformed "unfairness", lol, I am fully aware of my enemy, his intentions, and his ways, and his thinking processes.  You however, lol, are not.

• Upvote 2

Blitzer ... this is the sad part...and something the left does very well... its all word games and technicalities wit these types. "Innocent" in the eyes of a muslim is not a Jew, Christian, apostate or even athiest.

Amber..please show me where the word.."humanity" appears in the Quran nor does the word "human" appear in that verse. No such word, humanity, ever appears in the Quran. You must have the PC version. Because that is not the translation I have from the KSA Quran I received way back when.

Do, pre tell, amber which sect of Islam are you, will make my research a little easier as I know which books you believe and you don't. You are probally wondering why I stopped or didn't even comment on your Ulysses rendition of so called peaceful verses. I will now and show you that what you thought was peaceful really isn't. First, since you don't know words very well - what does conquered mean? Second, why does your prophet have an Army to conquer lands that are not his isn't that stealing from them? Can a conquered people really be content and satisfied? Were the Native Americans content and satisfied? Are the Palestinian people content and satisfied? Are the Coptics or Assyrians content? You quoted " Muslims protected Christian churches in the lands they occupied from being harmed." How many Coptic Christian churches were destroyed in Egypt? (protected is past tense here) If Muslims did protect Churches why are the Christians in Islamic lands not allowed to repair them or make additions to them? If Islam is so tolerant of other religions why do you when you have to pay the Jiziya have do so subdued and with humility?  Explain to everyone here what a polytheist is. Who commits shirk and why is this bad in Islam? Define an unbeliever if you can? Who burned down the Great Library of Alexandria? Answer these questions then we will start on the rest of your quotes.

Again with the women and children. Want to get at the western civilization bring up the children then the women. Let's see Isreal said they wouldn't attack for 24 hours on Saturday. So what did Hamas do? They ignored the baby blood drinking Jews and launched more rockets. Some peace there. Amber methinks you doth protest too much. As you see the UN school that was hit was told to evacuate by the baby blood drinking Isrealites. Hamas said they couldn't leave. This leads me to believe they were more scared of Hamas than the rockets. So who are the real killers of women and children in this case? War is not an exact science. never has never will be. Mistakes happen. But when you are told to evacuate so you won't get killed, you should evacuate instead of being a PR number for Hamas and the PLO and what ever scumbag group wants PR from dead women and children. Besides if a terrorist wears civies (civilian clothes to those never in the military) how do we differentiate between a civilian and terrorist? Again, a dead terrorist in civies is considered a civilian. Way to rack up numbers eh?

Seems to me, Isreal has been more than gracious in this conflict but Hamas needs weapons and money. So lets go try to poke at the pit viper and see what we can shake out of the money tree!

• Upvote 1

Again with the women and children. Want to get at the western civilization bring up the children then the women. Let's see Isreal said they wouldn't attack for 24 hours on Saturday. So what did Hamas do? They ignored the baby blood drinking Jews and launched more rockets. Some peace there. Amber methinks you doth protest too much. As you see the UN school that was hit was told to evacuate by the ********* Isrealites. Hamas said they couldn't leave. This leads me to believe they were more scared of Hamas than the rockets. So who are the real killers of women and children in this case? War is not an exact science. never has never will be. Mistakes happen. But when you are told to evacuate so you won't get killed, you should evacuate instead of being a PR number for Hamas and the PLO and what ever scumbag group wants PR from dead women and children. Besides if a terrorist wears civies (civilian clothes to those never in the military) how do we differentiate between a civilian and terrorist? Again, a dead terrorist in civies is considered a civilian. Way to rack up numbers eh?

What is your source? Who is saying that Hamas said they "couldn't leave"... Israel???

They Were In The Process Of Evacuating... When They Were Shelled.

Official Vents Outrage at Shelling of U.N. Schools in Gaza

By SOMINI SENGUPTA

JULY 24, 2014

Continue reading the main story Video
20140725-ISRAEL-slide-SIFE-videoSixteenB
Play Video|0:32 Scenes From Strike on School Shelter

A United Nations school that had sheltered Palestinians who fled their homes for safety from Israeli military assaults was struck on Thursday.

UNITED NATIONS — A senior United Nations official on Thursday forcefully rebuffed suggestions that the organization’s lax security had allowed militants to use its facilities in Gaza as a weapons cache and expressed outrage that three of its schools had been hit by shelling in as many days this week, even though the Israeli military knew their precise locations.

John Ging, the director of operations for the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, said in an interview here that his organization had protested vigorously to both sides.

He added that the United Nations had given the Israeli military precise GPS locations of all 83 schools that were being used as shelters for 141,000 people who had fled their homes. On Tuesday, one school was hit, wounding one person. On Wednesday, another was hit, wounding five. On Thursday, 16 were killed, the majority women and children, at the school in Beit Hanoun.

“There is no justification for the loss of so many innocent civilian lives,” Mr. Ging said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/25/world/middleeast/official-vents-outrage-at-shelling-of-un-schools-in-gaza.html?_r=0

I have not seen any other source report that... so just curious... What is your source?

Additional Articles From A Simple Google Search...

Results:
  1. News for un school shelled in gaza

Women, children, UN staff killed in shelling of school in Gaza

RT - 1 day ago
    Women, children and UN staff were among those killed during the shelling of a UN-run school in northern Gaza, in which hundreds of people .
    Reaction to shelling of a UN school in Gaza
    Washington Post (blog) - 2 days ago

2. Palestinians say they were waiting to evacuate when UN shelter ...
  3. www.latimes.com/.../la-fg-gaza-ceasefire-remains-elusive-20140724-story. html

2 days ago ... Smoke billows from a Gaza City building hit by an Israeli airstrike. ... U.N. shelterat school in Gaza is shelled, killing at least 15 people.

4. Official Vents Outrage at Shelling of U.N. Schools in Gaza - NYTimes ...
    www.nytimes.com/.../official-vents-outrage-at-shelling-of-un-schools-in-gaza .html

2 days ago ... The United Nations had given the Israeli military precise GPS locations of all 83

schools that were being used as shelters for 141000 people ...

5. UN shelter in Gaza 'struck by Israeli shells' - Middle East - Al Jazeera ...
    www.aljazeera.com/.../israeli-shells-hits-un-shelter-gaza- 201472413198190287.html

2 days ago ... Gaza health ministry says bombardment killed at least 16 people and ... was

unable to reach the school after the attack due to heavy Israeli shelling. ... Israel

has attacked UN schools before, saying that they were being used ...

6. Israel-Gaza conflict: UN school shelled by Israeli tanks, leaving 15 ...
    www.independent.co.uk/.../israelgaza-conflict-un-school-shelled-by-israeli- tanks-leaving-15-dead-and-200-wounded-9626621.html

3 days ago ... At least 15 Palestinians have been killed after Israeli tanks shelled a UN-run

school in Gaza, health officials have said.

7. Israel-Gaza conflict: UN school shelled leaving 15 dead - Telegraph
    www.telegraph.co.uk/.../Israel-Gaza-conflict-UN-school-shelled-leaving-15- dead.html

3 days ago ... At least 15 Palestinians killed sheltering inside UN school in Gaza, the first time Palestinian refugees have died inside UN facilities.

8. Reaction to shelling of a U.N. school in Gaza - The Washington Post
    www.washingtonpost.com/.../reaction-to-israels-shelling-of-a-u-n-school-in- gaza/

2 days ago ... Heart wrenching scenes at hospital where dead & wounded brought from UN school in Beit Hanoun that was shelled #Gaza pic.twitter.com/ ...

9. Israeli fire hits U.N. school in Gaza, killing 15 - CBS News
    www.cbsnews.com/.../israeli-fire-hits-compound-housing-u-n-school-in-gaza -killing-15/

3 days ago ... Israeli fire hits U.N. school in Gaza, killing 15 ... They kept on shelling it," he said.... "U.N. facilities in Gaza are sheltering more than 140,000 ...

10. At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 | Reuters
    www.reuters.com/.../us-mideast-gaza-idUSKBN0FT06I20140724

3 days ago ... GAZA/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Gazan authorities said Israeli forces shelled a shelter at a U.N.-run school on Thursday, killing at least 15 ...

11. UN school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed - The Big Story
    bigstory.ap.org/article/gaza-fighting-rages-amid-cease-fire-bid

3 days ago ... Kamel al-Kafarne, who was in the school, said that the U.N. was putting people on buses when three tanks ... They kept on shelling it," he said.

I believe the UN Workers...

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I should have said... I haven't seen any "other sources" report what you stated in your post.

Theseus Quote:

As you see the UN school that was hit was told to evacuate by the ********* Isrealites. Hamas said they couldn't leave. This leads me to believe they were more scared of Hamas than the rockets. So who are the real killers of women and children in this case?"

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Picking a source you quoted, going to that site and doing a search on the words Isreal and evacuation; the search returned this article date July 16, 2014. Isreal was clearly telling people in the Gaza strip to evacuate but those warnings went unheeded and people were not given permission to evacuate by Hamas.

I will thank you in advance for your apology.

Gaza hospital defies Israel evacuation warning amid fears for frail patients

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10970795/Gaza-hospital-defies-Israel-evacuation-warning-amid-fears-for-frail-patients.html

• Upvote 3

Picking a source you quoted, going to that site and doing a search on the words Isreal and evacuation; the search returned this article date July 16, 2014. Isreal was clearly telling people in the Gaza strip to evacuate but those warnings went unheeded and people were not given permission to evacuate by Hamas.

I will thank you in advance for your apology.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10970795/Gaza-hospital-defies-Israel-evacuation-warning-amid-fears-for-frail-patients.html

This Is What Your Link Shows...

Wafa Hospital in Gaza’s Shujaiyya district has already been hit by drone strikes, but staff say 16 elderly and terminally ill patients are too frail to move despite Israeli warnings of further attacks.

Waha_Hospital_2976609b.jpg
Dr Basman Alashi inspects damage at Waha Hospital Photo: Robert Tait/The Telegraph

Robert_Tait_2440842j.jpg

By Robert Tait, Shujaiyya, Gaza Strip

1:14PM BST 16 Jul 2014

It was a heart-wrenching scene of defiance and pathos.

As 16 mostly elderly and terminally ill patients lay stricken in their hospital beds, Dr Basman Alashi vowed that he would never leave them, regardless of the physical dangers and an Israeli warning that the surrounding neighbourhood must be evacuated.

Patients_at_Wafa_H_2976604c.jpg

Frail patients at Waha Hospital (Robert Tait/The Telegraph)

Dr Alashi, executive director of Wafa Hospital in Gaza’s Shujaiyya district, judged that the patients – most of whom are receiving rehabilitation treatment – were too ill to be moved.

When an Israeli military officer called the hospital late on Tuesday warning that it must be evacuated by 8am the following morning, he called in the World Health Organisation (WHO), arguing that such a move would risk the lives of patients.

The WHO – the United Nations’ health body – responded by communicating his concerns to Israeli military authorities.

On Wednesday, while many inhabitants of Gaza’s Shujaiyya, Zeitoun and Beit Lahiya were on the move in response to Israeli bombardment warnings – relayed by recorded phone message and mass leaflet drops – Dr Alashi, 16 medical staff members and the same number of patients stayed behind.

They were joined by eight foreign activists, including one Briton, who have volunteered to act as human shields at the hospital.

Damage_at_Waha_Hos_2976606c.jpg

Damage at the hospital (Robert Tait/The Telegraph)

“We are not leaving. This is a humanitarian building, not a military centre,” Dr Alashi told journalists on Wednesday. “Moving these patients is not going to make them any safer. They could easily die during transportation. We have to keep many of them on drip feed. There are no safe places in Gaza at this point. It is safer to keep them here.”

Yet the risks of staying in Wafa – situated about a mile from the frontier with Israel – are plain enough. Last Friday, the hospital’s fourth floor was wrecked after taking a direct hit from a drone strike – leaving a huge gaping hole on the side of the building that gives it a direct view into Israel.

Fortunately, staff – recalling that the hospital had been damaged during the 2008-9 war with Israel – had anticipated such an event and moved patients to the ground floor.

On Tuesday night, the third floor of the currently empty elderly care centre – which adjoins the hospital – was also hit, causing extensive damage.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here is a quote more germaine to the claim is not giving permission to its citizens

"The UN's discovery of arms caches in two of its schools in the past week has given Israel's assertions credence. "UNRWA [the UN agency for Palestinian refugees] immediately informed all relevant parties and issued a statement strongly condemning the abuse of its premises," said a spokesman, Chris Gunness. The UN agency UNRWA's shelters have been shelled on four occasions in recent days, despite officials giving precise coordinates to the IDF.

Israel also claimed that Hamas had forced civilians to remain in the Gaza City neighbourhood of Shujai'iya after the IDF warned them to evacuate ahead of its assault on Sunday. Civilians were being "held as hostages", said Peter Lerner, an IDF military spokesman."

By the way one of the arms cache disappeared.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/24/gaza-hamas-fighters-military-bases-guerrilla-war-civilians-israel-idf

You claimed they did not warn to evacuate. I know what the link showed. I only needed to show that indeed Isreal does warn the people in the Gaza Strip of which you claimed it did not. 

And this statement proves without a doubt that this is being done (from the first article)

"...Dr Basman Alashi vowed that he would never leave them, regardless of the physical dangers and an Israeli warning that the surrounding neighbourhood must be evacuated."

This would be like saying Islam is peaceful and showing only those verses to show Islam is peaceful. I posted after I thoroughly reading the article. I know what it said and yet I posted it. Why? I will leave that for you to figure out. Same with the second article from the Guardian another UK paper. Shall I investigate more papers that you quoted for this proof that Isreal does warn the Gaza Strip people before military action? And Hamas is using women and children as shields. To which you have yet to say something (anything about!).  Again I will again thank you for your apology in advance.

• Upvote 3

Here is a quote more germaine to the claim is not giving permission to its citizens

"The UN's discovery of arms caches in two of its schools in the past week has given Israel's assertions credence. "UNRWA [the UN agency for Palestinian refugees] immediately informed all relevant parties and issued a statement strongly condemning the abuse of its premises," said a spokesman, Chris Gunness. The UN agency UNRWA's shelters have been shelled on four occasions in recent days, despite officials giving precise coordinates to the IDF.

Israel also claimed that Hamas had forced civilians to remain in the Gaza City neighbourhood of Shujai'iya after the IDF warned them to evacuate ahead of its assault on Sunday. Civilians were being "held as hostages", said Peter Lerner, an IDF military spokesman."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/24/gaza-hamas-fighters-military-bases-guerrilla-war-civilians-israel-idf

As I Thought... You Are Repeating Israel's Military's Claims...

NOT What The UN People Who Were There And Who Were Involved Are Saying...

Also the World Health Organization

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I should have said... I haven't seen any "other sources" report what you stated in your post.

Theseus Quote:

As you see the UN school that was hit was told to evacuate by the ********* Isrealites. Hamas said they couldn't leave. This leads me to believe they were more scared of Hamas than the rockets. So who are the real killers of women and children in this case?"

What is your source? Who is saying that Hamas said they "couldn't leave"... Israel???

They Were In The Process Of Evacuating... When They Were Shelled.

I have not seen any other source report that... so just curious... What is your source?

You claimed they did not warn to evacuate. (NO I Did NOT) I know what the link showed. I only needed to show that indeed Isreal does warn the people in the Gaza Strip of which you claimed it did not. 

And this statement proves without a doubt that this is being done (from the first article)

"...Dr Basman Alashi vowed that he would never leave them, regardless of the physical dangers and an Israeli warning that the surrounding neighbourhood must be evacuated."

This would be like saying Islam is peaceful and showing only those verses to show Islam is peaceful. I posted after I thoroughly reading the article. I know what it said and yet I posted it. Why? I will leave that for you to figure out. Same with the second article from the Guardian another UK paper. Shall I investigate more papers that you quoted for this proof that Isreal does warn the Gaza Strip people before military action? And Hamas is using women and children as shields. To which you have yet to say something (anything about!).  Again I will again thank you for your apology in advance.

Focus... My Question was what was you source for "Hamas saying they couldn't leave the school.

You are a master of deception and deflection... No More Time For Your Games Theseus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

No, he is sleeping. I believe the Lord (Jesus), and Paul (Saul) make this clear.

Matthew 9:24 NKJV
He said to them, "Make room, for the girl is not dead, but sleeping." And they ridiculed Him.
Luke 8:52 NKJV
Now all wept and mourned for her; but He said, "Do not weep; she is not dead, but sleeping."
John 11:11-13 NKJV
11 These things He said, and after that He said to them, "Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up. 12 Then His disciples said, "Lord, if he sleeps he will get well." 13 "However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep.
1 Corinthians 11:30 NKJV
For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. (death)
1 Corinthians 15:51 NKJV
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--
Ephesians 5:14 NKJV
Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
1 Thessalonians 4:14 NKJV
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

Wm13

The body sleeps, the soul and spirit go to be with the LORD...."Absent from the BODY(sleeping), present with the LORD (Soul and Spirit)"....JESUS hanging on the cross to the thief...."I tell you today you will be with me in Paradise"...when JESUS died he did not go to sleep, his soul and spirit went to hell and preached, then led "Captivity Captive"....Who did HE lead out of Abraham's bosom?  They weren't asleep....HE didn't have to wake them up....JESUS said there is a "great divide between Sheol and Abraham's Bosom....and the Rich Man was thirsty....he wasn't sleeping....he was awake and parched....and wanted his servant from his earthly life to dip his finger in the water and at least quench his thirst....No where does JESUS say the Soul and Spirit sleep, only the Body in the grave...which Paul says must take on "incorruption" and "mortality(again the body) must take on immortality.....

Now you may want to sleep in the ground after you die, but I am going straight to heaven to be with My LORD and Savior JESUS CHRIST.....

Focus... My Question was what was you source for "Hamas saying they couldn't leave the school.

You are a master of deception and deflection... No More Time For Your Games Theseus.

Let's see you twist and misinterpret this.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=732862513439436

• Upvote 2

From Post#67:

What is your source? Who is saying that Hamas said they "couldn't leave"... Israel??

That was your original reply... then you started to modify. I responded to your question and answered in kind. I guess the Isrealies didn't go to house number 455 Main Street in Gaza and specifically tell them to evacuate either. So now it's not enough for Isrealis to drop fliers onto the citizens of gaza and tell them to evacuate. They have to go to specific houses and buildings to tell them to evacuate. Give an inch take a mile. The Isrealis dropped fliers telling people to evacuate. I guess you never been given an evacuation order. Contrary to your belief, evacuation recommendations are given to general areas not specific addresses. If the school resided in one of those areas and the people did not evacuate, then its Hamas's fault not Isreals because it was Hamas who told them they could not. Nice of you to have left that out of the discussion.

If you are going to quote sources, please tell me which sources you deem viable so I know not to quote from them so you cannot say that source is junk.  

As to your question:

"Israel also claimed that Hamas had forced civilians to remain in the Gaza City neighbourhood of Shujai'iya..."

but from a source you quoted (so you must deem this source as credible source) the Guardian:

Quotes:

"The Israeli military has provided a translation of the warning flyers it has dropped over several areas of Gaza."

"Hamas interior ministry continues today to force Gazans to ignore IDF's calls to go to safe areas. Hamas uses Gazans to protect its rockets." in a tweet by Ofir Gendelman     

You really need to look at the maps, they tell a lot.  

The real question is why are you defending Hamas who hides in amongst the residents of Gaza storing their arms in schools, mosques and hospitals? 

I haven't deceived you in any form or fashion. 

Guess I will take another apology from you now.

Note: I don't deem facebook as a credible source as it is highly opinionated nor do I view Wikipedia as credible as it too is highly opiniated and most time not based off fact when it comes to matters like these. Please use verifiable sources not from social media site like facebook. Twitter was used in the the Guardian article and comes from a reliable and verifiable source. I am sure others would agree with me that they don't go to facebook to get their facts.

There is no difference of a single verse in the whole world,just only the difference of order.You can find a single verse from all the Qurans of the world.I've illustrated the truth.You wanted from Quran and Hadiths,I did it.I also gave the quotations of the christians.If you can't see it,it means you are blind of wisdom.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            The Quran is divided into chapters (sura) and further divided into verses (ayat). I think this will help you.There is only difference of order, not of chapters.They are all available in every part of the world.

Sura # Arabic title(s) English title(s) Number of verses Meccan vs. Medinan Egyptian Standard Chronological Order[1][2][3] Noldeke's Chronological Order[1] Title refers to Main theme 1 Al-Fatiha The Opening 7 Meccan 5 48 Whole Sura [4]
  • The fundamental principles of the Qur'án in a condensed form. [4]
2 Al-Baqara The Calf, The Cow 286 Medinan 87 91 v. 67-73[4]
  • The necessity of God-consciousness.[4]
  • The errors committed by followers of earlier revelations. [4]
  • The abrogation of all earlier messages. (v. 106) [4]
  • Legal ordinances (ethics, social relations, warfare etc.). [4]
  • Abraham[4]
  • Kaaba[4]
  • Throne verse. (v. 255)[5]
3 Al Imran The Family of Imran, The House of 'Imrán 200 Medinan 89 97 v. 33, 35 [4] 4 An-Nisa The Women 176 Medinan 92 100 Whole Sura [4]
  • Unity of the human race and the mutual obligations of men and women towards one another. (v. 1) [4]
  • Rights of women. [4]
  • Questions related to family life (including marriage and inheritance). [4]
  • Peace and war.[4]
  • Relations of believers with unbelievers. [4]
5 Al-Ma'ida The Food, The Repast 120 Medinan 112 114 v. 112-114 [4]
  • A series of ordinances (incl. Religious rites and social obligations). [4]
  • Corruption of the original message of the Bible by Jews and Christians. (v. 68-77, 116-118) [4]
6 Al-An'am The Cattle 165 Meccan 55 89 v. 136ff.[4]
  • Human nature of Muhammad. (v. 50) [4]
  • Oneness and uniqueness of God. (e.g. v. 100, 103) [4]
  • Pre-Islamic superstitions concerning animals. (v. 136ff) [4]
7 Al-A'raf The Heights, The Faculty of Discernment 206 Meccan 39 87 v. 46, 48 [4] 8 Al-Anfal The Spoils of War 75 Medinan 88 95 v. 1 [4] 9 At-Tawba The Repentance 129 Medinan 113 113  
  • Problems of war between believers and their enemies.[4]
  • The expedition to Tabuk (9 A.H.). [4]
  • Those who cannot attain to faith. (v. 124-127) [4]
10 Yunus Jonah 109 Meccan 51 84 v. 98 [4]
  • The revelation of the Qur’án to Muhammad (not Muhammad’s own work). (v. 15-17, 37-38, 94) [4]
  • References to earlier prophets. [4]
  • Fundamental tenets of Islam.[4]
11 Houd Hud 123 Meccan 52 75 v. 50-60
  • The revelation of God’s will through His prophets. [4]
  • More stories of earlier prophets. [4]
  • Just dealings between men.[4]
12 Yusuf Joseph 111 Meccan 53 77 Whole Sura
  • The story of the prophet Joseph(as an illustration of God’s unfathomable direction of men’s affairs).[4]
13 Ar-Ra'd The Thunder 43 Medinan 96 90 v. 13 [4]
  • God’s revelation, through His prophets, of certain fundamental moral truths, and the concequences of accepting or rejecting them.[4]
14 Ibraheem Abraham 52 Meccan 72 76 v. 35-41[4]
  • The revelation of God’s word to all mankind, destined to lead man from darkness to light. [4]
15 Al-Hijr The Rocky Tract, The Stoneland, The Rock City, Al-Hijr 99 Meccan 54 57 v. 80 [4]
  • God’s guidance to man through revelation of the Qur’án, which will remain uncorrupted for all times. (v. 9)[4]
16 An-Nahl The Honey Bees, The Bee 128 Meccan 70 73 v. 68-69[4]
  • God’s creativeness: [4]
    • Manifesed in the instincts of the bee. [4]
    • Culmination: Guidance through His revealed word. [4]
17 Al-Isra The Night Journey 111 Meccan 50 67 v. 1 [4] 18 Al-Kahf The Cave 110 Meccan 69 69 v. 13-20[4]
  • A series of parables or allegories on the theme of faith in God versus excessive attachment to the life of this world. Including:[4]
    • The men of the cave. (v. 13-20) [4]
    • The rich man and the poor man. (v. 32-44) [4]
    • Moses and the unnamed sage. (v. 60-82) [4]
    • The allegory of ‘Dhu’l-Qarnayn, the Two-Horned One’. (v. 83-98) [4]
19 Maryam Mary 98 Meccan 44 58 v. 16-37[4]
  • The story ofZachariah and his son John, the precursor of Jesus. (v. 2-15)[4]
  • The story ofMary and Jesus. (v. 16-37) [4]
20 Ta-Ha Ta-Ha, O Man 135 Meccan 45 55 v. 1 [4]
  • The guidance offered by God through His prophets. [4]
  • The fundamental truths inherent in all revealed religions are identical. [4]
    • The story of Moses. (v. 9-98) [4]
21 Al-Anbiya The Prophets 112 Meccan 73 65 v. 48-91[4]
  • The oneness, uniqueness and transcendence of God. [4]
  • The continuity and intrinsic unity of all divine revelation. [4]
    • Stories of the prophets of old. (v. 48-91) [4]
    • The believers of all faiths belong to one single community. (v. 92) [4]
22 Al-Hajj The Pilgrimage 78 Medinan 103 107 v. 25-38[4]
  • The Meccapilgrimage and some of the rituals connected with it. (v. 25-38) [4]
23 Al-Mu'minoon The Believers 118 Meccan 74 64 v. 1 [4]
  • True faith. [4]
  • The evidence of the existence of an almighty Creator, and man’s ultimate responsibility before Him. [4]
  • The unity of all religious communities, broken by man’s egotism, greed and striving after power. (v. 52-53) [4]
  • The impossibility to believe in God, without believing in life after death. [4]
24 An-Nour The Light 64 Medinan 102 105 v. 35 [4]
  • Mutual relations and ethical rules between men and women. [4]
  • The mystic parable of the ‘light of God’ ("Verse of Light"). (v. 35)[4]
25 Al-Furqan The Criterion, The Standard, The Standard of True and False 77 Meccan 42 66 v. 1 [4]
  • The purpose of every divine revelation is to provide a stable criterion of true and false. [4]
  • The humanness of every apostle sent by God to man. (v. 20) [4]
  • Divine revelation belongs to God’s creative activity. [4]
26 Ash-Shu'ara The Poets 227 Meccan 47 56 v. 224[4]
  • Man’s weakness, which causes him to reject God’s message and worship power and wealth etc. [4]
27 An-Naml The Ant, The Ants 93 Meccan 48 68 v. 18 [4] 28 Al-Qasas The Narrations, The Stories, The Story 88 Meccan 49 79 v. 25 [4]
  • Human aspects of the life of Moses. [4]
29 Al-Ankabut The Spider 69 Meccan 85 81 v. 41 [4]
  • The parable of ‘the spider house’, a symbol of false beliefs that are destined to be blown away by the winds of truth. (v. 41) [4]
30 Ar-Roum The Romans, The Byzantines 60 Meccan 84 74 v. 1 [4]
  • Predictions of the near victory of theByzantines[over the Persians] and the Battle of Badr (2 A.H.). (v. 1-7) [4]
  • God’s ability to resurrect the dead at the end of time, and the people’s ignorance of this. [4]
31 Luqman Luqman 34 Meccan 57 82 v. 12-19[4]
  • The story ofLuqman, a legendary sage, counselling his son. (v. 12-19)[4]
32 As-Sajda The Prostration, Worship, Adoration 30 Meccan 75 70 v. 15 [4]   33 Al-Ahzab The Clans, The Confederates, The Combined Forces 73 Medinan 90 103 v. 9-27[4] 34 Saba Sheba 54 Meccan 58 85 v. 15-20[4]
  • The insignificance of the knowledge accessible to man. (v. 9) [4]
  • The story of the people ofSheba, as an example of the impermanence of human power, wealth and glory. (v. 15-20) [4]
  • Always be conscious of God. (v. 46) [4]
35 Fatir The Originator 45 Meccan 43 86 v. 1 [4]
  • God’s power to create and resurrect. [4]
  • God’s revelation of His will through His prophets. [4]
36 Ya Seen Ya Seen, O Thou Human Being 83 Meccan 41 60 v. 1 [4]
  • Man’s moral responsibility, resurrection and God’s judgment. [4]
  • To be recited over the dying and in the prayers of the dead. [4]
37 As-Saffat Those Who Set The Ranks, Drawn Up In Ranks, Those Ranged in Ranks 182 Meccan 56 50 v. 1 [4]
  • Resurrectionand the certainty that all human beings will have to answer before God. [4]
  • Man’s constant need of prophetic guidance. [4]
    • Stories of earlier prophets. (v. 75-148)[4]
38 Sad Sad 88 Meccan 38 59 v. 1 [4]
  • Divine guidance and its rejection by those who are lost in fast pride. [4]
39 Az-Zumar The Crowds, The Troops, Throngs 75 Meccan 59 80 v. 71, 73 [4]
  • The evidence of the existence and oneness of God in all manifestations of nature. [4]
  • God forgives all sins to him who repents before his death. [4]
  • Allegories of the Last Hour and the Day of Judgment[4]
40 Ghafir The Forgiver (God), Forgiving 85 Meccan 60 78 v. 3 [4]
  • Man’s false pride, worship of false values (wealth, power etc.) and his denial of divine guidance. [4]
    • Stories of earlier prophets. [4]
41 Fussilat Expounded, Explained In Detail, Clearly Spelled Out 54 Meccan 61 71 v. 3[4]
  • Man’s acceptance or rejection of divine revelation. [4]
42 Ash-Shura The Consultation 53 Meccan 62 83 v. 36 [4]
  • God is undefinable and unfathomable. (v. 11, 16) [4]
  • All prophets taught the oneness of God, so all believers of all ‘denominations’ should see themselves as ‘one single community’. (v. 13, 15) [4]
  • The law of cause and effect: In the life to come man will only harvest ‘what his own hands have wrought’ in this world. [4]
43 Az-Zukhruf The Gold Adornments, The Ornaments of Gold, Luxury, Gold 89 Meccan 63 61 v. 35 [4]
  • To equal anyone or anything with God is sprititually destructive and logically unacceptable.[4]
  • People’s blind adherance to the faith of their forefathers. (v. 22-23) [4]
44 Ad-Dukhan The Smoke 59 Meccan 64 53 v. 10 [4]   45 Al-Jathiya The Kneeling Down, Crouching 37 Meccan 65 72 v. 28 [4]
  • The humility with which all human beings will face their final judgment on resurrection. (v. 28) [4]
46 Al-Ahqaf Winding Sand-tracts, The Dunes, The Sand-Dunes 35 Meccan 66 88 v. 21 [4]   47 Muhammad Muhammad 38 Medinan 95 96 v. 2 [4]
  • Fighting (qital) in God’s cause.[4]
48 Al-Fath The Victory, Conquest 29 Medinan 111 108 v. 1 [4] 49 Al-Hujurat The Private Apartments, The Inner Apartments 18 Medinan 106 112 v. 4 [4]
  • Social ethics. [4]
    • Reverence to the Prophet and the righteous leaders after him. [4]
    • The brotherhood of all believers and all mankind. (v. 10, 13) [4]
    • The difference between true faith and outward observance of religious formalities. (v. 14 ff.) [4]
50 Qaf Qaf 45 Meccan 34 54 v. 1 [4]
  • Death and resurrection. [4]
51 Adh-Dhariyat The Wind That Scatter, The Winnowing Winds, The Dust-Scattering Winds 60 Meccan 67 39 v. 1 [4]   52 At-Tour The Mount, Mount Sinai 49 Meccan 76 40 v. 1 [4]   53 An-Najm The Star, The Unfolding 62 Meccan 23 28 v. 1 [4]
  • Muhammad’s mystic experience of an ascension to heaven (Mi’raj, including his vision of theSidrat al-Muntaha, the Lote-Tree of the Extremity). (v. 13-18) [4]
54 Al-Qamar The Moon 55 Meccan 37 49 v. 1 [4]   55 Ar-Rahman The Most Merciful, The Most Gracious 78 Medinan 97 43 v. 1 [4]   56 Al-Waqi'a The Inevitable, The Event, That Which Must Come to Pass 96 Meccan 46 41 v. 1 [4]   57 Al-Hadeed The Iron 29 Medinan 94 99 v. 25 [4]   58 Al-Mujadila The Pleading, The Pleading Woman 22 Medinan 105 106 v. 1 [4]
  • Divorce. [4]
  • Faith and denial. [4]
  • Hypocrisy. [4]
  • The attitude believers should have toward non-believers. [4]
59 Al-Hashr The Mustering, The Gathering, Exile, Banishment 24 Medinan 101 102 v. 2 [4]
  • The conflict between the Muslim coummunity and the Jewish tribe of Banu’n-Nadir of Medina. [4]
60 Al-Mumtahana The Examined One, She That Is To Be Examined 13 Medinan 91 110 v. 10 [4]
  • The believers’ relations with unbelievers. [4]
61 As-Saff The Ranks, Battle Array 14 Medinan 109 98 v. 4 [4]
  • A call to unity between professed belief and actual behaviour. [4]
62 Al-Jumu'aa The Congregation, Friday 11 Medinan 110 94 v. 9-10[4] 63 Al-Munafiqoun The Hypocrites 11 Medinan 104 104 Whole Sura [4]
  • Hypocrisy. [4]
64 At-Taghabun The Cheating, The Mutual Disillusion, The Mutual Loss and Gain, Loss and Gain 18 Medinan 108 93 v. 9 [4]   65 At-Talaq Divorce 12 Medinan 99 101 Whole Sura
  • Divorce (waiting period, remarriage). [4]
66 At-Tahreem The Prohibition 12 Medinan 107 109 v. 1 [4]
  • Certain aspects of Muhammad’s personal and family life. [4]
67 Al-Mulk The Dominion, Sovereignty, Control 30 Meccan 77 63 v. 1 [4]
  • Man’s inability to understand the mysteries of the universe, and his dependance on guidance through divine revelation. [4]
68 Al-Qalam The Pen 52 Meccan 2 18 v. 1 [4]   69 Al-Haqqa The Sure Reality, The Laying-Bare of the Truth 52 Meccan 78 38 v. 1   70 Al-Ma'aarij The Ways of Ascent, The Ascending Stairways 44 Meccan 79 42 v. 3 [4]
  • The unwillingness to believe, caused by the restlessness inherent in human nature.[4]
71 Nouh Noah 28 Meccan 71 51 Whole Sura
  • The story ofNoah[4]
    • The struggle against blind materialism and the lack of spiritual values. [4]
72 Al-Jinn The Spirits, The Unseen Beings 28 Meccan 40 62 v. 1 [4]   73 Al-Muzzammil The Enfolded One, The Enshrouded One, Bundled Up, The Enwrapped One 20 Meccan 3 23 v. 1 [4]   74 Al-Muddathir The One Wrapped Up, The Cloaked One, The Man Wearing A Cloak, The Enfolded One 56 Meccan 4 2 v. 1 [4]
  • This short early surah outlines almost all fundamental Qur’anic concepts. [4]
75 Al-Qiyama Resurrection, The Day of Resurrection, Rising Of The Dead 40 Meccan 31 36 v. 1 [4]
  • The concept of resurrection. [4]
76 Al-Insan The Human, Man 31 Medinan 98 52 v. 1 [4]   77 Al-Mursalat Those Sent Forth, The Emissaries, Winds Sent Forth 50 Meccan 33 32 v. 1 [4]
  • The gradual revelation of the Qur’án. [4]
78 An-Naba' The Great News, The Announcement, The Tiding 40 Meccan 80 33 v. 2 [4]
  • Life after death.[4]
  • Resurrection and God’s ultimate judgment. [4]
79 An-Nazi'at Those Who Tear Out, Those Who Drag Forth, Soul-snatchers, Those That Rise 46 Meccan 81 31 v. 1 [4]   80 Abasa He Frowned 42 Meccan 24 17 v. 1 [4]   81 At-Takweer The Folding Up, The Overthrowing, Shrouding in Darkness 29 Meccan 7 27 v. 1 [4]
  • The Last Hour and man’s resurrection. [4]
82 Al-Infitar The Cleaving Asunder, Bursting Apart 19 Meccan 82 26 v. 1 [4]   83 Al-Mutaffifeen The Dealers in Fraud, Defrauding, The Cheats, Those Who Give Short Measure 36 Meccan 86 37 v. 1 [4]   84 Al-Inshiqaq The Rending Asunder, The Sundering, Splitting Open, The Splitting Asunder 25 Meccan 83 29 v. 1 [4]   85 Al-Burooj The Mansions Of The Stars, Constellations, The Great Constellations 22 Meccan 27 22 v. 1 [4]   86 At-Tariq The Night-Visitant, The Morning Star, The Nightcomer, That Which Comes in the Night 17 Meccan 36 15 v. 1 [4]   87 Al-A'la The Most High, The All-Highest, Glory To Your Lord In The Highest 19 Meccan 8 19 v. 1 [4]   88 Al-Ghashiya The Overwhelming Event, The Overshadowing Event, The Pall 26 Meccan 68 34 v. 1 [4]   89 Al-Fajr The Break of Day, The Daybreak, The Dawn 30 Meccan 10 35 v. 1 [4]   90 Al-Balad The City, The Land 20 Meccan 35 11 v. 1 [4]   91 Ash-Shams The Sun 15 Meccan 26 16 v. 1 [4]   92 Al-Lail The Night 21 Meccan 9 10 v. 1 [4]   93 Ad-Dhuha The Glorious Morning Light, The Forenoon, Morning Hours, Morning Bright, The Bright Morning Hours 11 Meccan 11 13 v. 1 [4]
  • Man’s suffering and God’s justice. [4]
94 Al-Inshirah The Expansion of Breast, Solace, Consolation, Relief, Patient, The Opening-Up of the Heart 8 Meccan 12 12 v. 1   95 At-Teen The Fig Tree, The Fig 8 Meccan 28 20 v. 1 [4]
  • A fundamental moral verity, common to all true religious teachings. [4]
96 Al-Alaq The Clinging Clot, Clot of Blood, The Germ-Cell 19 Meccan 1 1 v. 2 [4]
  • The first five verses revealed to Muhammad. (v. 1-5) [4]
97 Al-Qadr The Night of Honor, The Night of Decree, Power, Fate, Destiny 5 Meccan 25 14 v. 1 [4]   98 Al-Bayyina The Clear Evidence, The Evidence of the Truth 8 Medinan 100 92 v. 1 [4]   99 Az-Zalzala The Earthquake 8 Medinan 93 25 v. 1 [4]   100 Al-Adiyat The Courser, The Chargers, The War Horse 11 Meccan 14 30 v. 1 [4]   101 Al-Qaria The Striking Hour, The Great Calamity, The Stunning Blow, The Sudden Calamity 11 Meccan 30 24 v. 1 [4]   102 At-Takathur The Piling Up, Rivalry in World Increase, Competition, Greed for More and More 8 Meccan 16 8 v. 1 [4]
  • Man’s greed and tendencies.[4]
103 Al-Asr The Time, The Declining Day, The Epoch, The Flight of Time 3 Meccan 13 21 v. 1 [4]   104 Al-Humaza The Scandalmonger, The Traducer, The Gossipmonger, The Slanderer 9 Meccan 32 6 v. 1 [4]   105 Al-Feel The Elephant 5 Meccan 19 9 v. 1 [4] 106 Quraysh Quraysh 4 Meccan 29 4 v. 1 [4]
  • The Quraysh, custodians of the Kaaba, should be thankful to God for protecting them from hunger and danger.[7]
107 Al-Maa'oun The Neighbourly Assistance, Small Kindnesses, Almsgiving, Assistance 7 Meccan 17 7 v. 7 [4]
  • The meaning of true worship through sincere devotion and helping those in need.[7]
108 Al-Kawthar Abundance, Plenty, Good in Abundance 3 Meccan 15 5 v. 1 [4]
  • Spiritual riches through devotion and sacrifice.
  • Hatred results in the cutting off of all hope.[7]
109 Al-Kafiroun The Disbelievers, The Kafirs, Those Who Deny the Truth 6 Meccan 18 45 v. 1 [4]
  • The correct attitude towards those who reject faith. [7]
110 An-Nasr The Help, Divine support, Victory, Succour 3 Medinan 114 111 v. 1 [4]
  • The last complete surah revealed before Muhammad’s death. [4]
111 Al-Masad The Plaited Rope, The Palm Fibre, The Twisted Strands 5 Meccan 6 3 v. 5 [4] 112 Al-Ikhlas Purity of Faith, The Fidelity, The Declaration of [God's] Perfection 4 Meccan 22 44  
  • The oneness of God. [4]
113 Al-Falaq The Daybreak, Dawn, The Rising Dawn 5 Meccan 20 46 v. 1 [4]
  • Seek refuge in God from evil of others.[7]
114 Al-Nas Mankind, Men 6 Meccan 21 47 v. 1 [4]
  • Trust in God's protection from temptations.[7]

And thanks Maggie for your appreciation :)

• Downvote 2