Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq jihadists blow up 'Jonah's tomb' in Mosul: official

https://news.yahoo.com/iraq-jihadists-blow-jonahs-tomb-mosul-official-220531959.html

Iraq jihadists blow up 'Jonah's tomb' in Mosul: official

Related Stories

The Nabi Yunus shrine was built on the reputed burial site of a prophet known in the Koran as Yunus and in the Bible as Jonah.

"Islamic State completely destroyed the shrine of Nabi Yunus after telling local families to stay away and closing the roads to a distance of 500 metres from the shrine," said the official at the Sunni endowment, which manages Sunni religious affairs in Iraq.

The endowment official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, and Mosul residents told AFP it took the Sunni extremists an hour to rig the shrine with explosives.

"They first stopped people from praying in it, they fixed explosive charges around and inside it and then blew it up in front of a large gathering of people," said a witness who did not wish to give his name.

The endowment official said the Islamic State jihadist group that overran large swathes of northern and western Iraq last month have now destroyed or damaged 30 shrines, as well as 15 husseiniyas and mosques in and around Mosul.

Iraqi jihadists have blown up 'Jonah's tomb,' one of Mosul's most well-known shrines, an official sa …

Husseiniyas are Shiite places of worship that are also used as community centres.

The official listed the most notable losses to Muslim heritage as being the shrines of Imam Yahya Ibn al-Qassem, Aoun al-Din and Nabi Danial.

"But the worst destruction was of Nabi Yunus, which has been turned to dust," he said.

The Islamic State late last month proclaimed a "caliphate" spanning parts of Iraq and Syria.

The group aims to create an approximation of society as it was in the early days of Islam, which was founded in the 7th century, and considers Muslims who do not adhere to its puritanical version of the religion heretics.

lets see...they're blowing-up their OWN religions' shrines? OK! That'll show them! Hahahahahaha. See what happens with mental patients are well-armed?? There ought to be a law, by-God. Dunno, just saying...........Happy Ramadam

• Upvote 5

Jonah is not there, just a bunch of bones. His spirit rests (sleeps) until the coming of the Lord. Who is that supposed to irritate? The "Christians"? The "Jews"? Jonah didn't want to go there anyways, but God had a different idea. When he did finally go and preached, the whole city believed.

Wm13

• Upvote 5

WOW these HOLY warriors are really something. It's a good thing the ISIL can't drain Iraq of all their oil or there would be no reason to hear or bring up the word Iraq anymore.It already looks like the world could care less if the terrorist take over Iraq or the entire middle east anyway. We've got bigger things to worry about here in the US, for example: where ya gonna buy your "Medical Mariquana", where you gonna house all these thousands of illegals crossing your border, how many more *** marriage states can we vote in, oh and don't forget the pain an suffering in your execution of death row inmates while you could care less about the feelings of an unborn aborted child at the abortionist center...I can see where a tomb of a prophet is way down on the list of prioriies for Americans but the sad part is the majority of Americans never heard of this guy named Jonah...

• Upvote 4

The Daash & ISIS are not jihadists.No Muslim is allowed to kill the innocent people nor he can imagine of the destruction of their own Holy Sites or Shrines.According to Quran,''One who kills a human,he kills the whole humanity.''Islam allows everyone to live their lives freely according to their Beliefs & Religions.These so called Islamists are driven out of Islam.These are the hell people.I think all the religions teaches peace.Why all the international community is silenced on the genocides of the muslims of Palestine by Israel.what is the sin of the innocent children & women.Islam don't allow the killing of women & children.Don't the international community can see that tyranny & injustice.And you guys blames that the muslims are cruel.That's completely unfair.   

Edited by amberamin
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

WOW these HOLY warriors are really something. It's a good thing the ISIL can't drain Iraq of all their oil or there would be no reason to hear or bring up the word Iraq anymore.It already looks like the world could care less if the terrorist take over Iraq or the entire middle east anyway. We've got bigger things to worry about here in the US, for example: where ya gonna buy your "Medical Mariquana", where you gonna house all these thousands of illegals crossing your border, how many more *** marriage states can we vote in, oh and don't forget the pain an suffering in your execution of death row inmates while you could care less about the feelings of an unborn aborted child at the abortionist center...I can see where a tomb of a prophet is way down on the list of prioriies for Americans but the sad part is the majority of Americans never heard of this guy named Jonah...

You are watching too much of Faux Nuez... IMHO.

I didn't mean to ignore your previous post asking about other sources for info...

Honestly... It's not an easy answer my friend...

My best suggestion to you and everyone else here would be to look at multiple sites...

Start with VICE NEWS... VETERANS TODAY.

I Hear You And Very Much Agree Amberamin. Pure Ignorance.

The Daash & ISIS are not jihadists.No Muslim is allowed to kill the innocent people nor he can imagine of the destruction of their own Holy Sites or Shrines.According to Quran,''One who kills a human,he kills the whole humanity.''Islam allows everyone to live their lives freely according to their Beliefs & Religions.These so called Islamists are driven out of Islam.These are the hell people.I think all the religions teaches peace.Why all the international community is silenced on the genocides of the muslims of Palestine by Israel.what is the sin of the innocent children & women.Islam don't allow the killing of women & children.Don't the international community can see that tyranny & injustice.And you guys blames that the muslims are cruel.That's completely unfair.   

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Maggie123, I was kinda being a little sarcastic when I asked about where you get your resources an the real American truth from, judging by your last reply to me I kinda figured you got it from MSNBC, ABC type outlets. My job over here requires me to sit in front of this computer 7-8 hours a day an there is a big screen TV just above my head so I get news from all over the world. Don't know if your familar with the Al Jarzeera news outlet or not but they don't sensor anything. You say I watch to much Bill O'Reilly but if you would give me a one liner on each of my misconceptions of an unsecure border, legalized sale of Dope and why the president big push for *** marriage, I would appreciate it. I've tried to watch your boy Chris Matthews but he can't speak 10 words without blaming Bush, Reagan or the Republicans for everything, so I take your advice an turn it off. Obviously your a big Obama fan an I won't hold that against you but it does show me where a lot of your thinking is coming from. I don't debate because that's a win, lose campaign that doesn't interest me BUT I do like discussion and dialogue type formats.I know I will never be able to convince you of a different ideology than you have just like you would never be able to change mine but I do like hear other peolpes opinions on different subjects. I also think that normal, rational people can do this without calling each other names or belittling them. You agree?

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

Awe come on people, these poor little Muslims are just expressing themselves.

We really should be more tolerant and understanding. Let the love out, sing praise

to these poor Muslims. And feel sorry for yourselves because you don't have the

freedom in America to blow shite up. Your evil country has you enslaved, but these

wonderful peace loving Muslims are so beautifully free to show publicly how they

feel. And don't worry, I'm sure this behavior will only speed up your precious RV.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Video shows the settlement of Nabi Yunis land by "Daash" | | Daash
03:04:25 / 07/2014

nabi-yuns2472014-bb.jpg

Khandan - Informed sources said that the organization "Daash" The settlement of the shrine of the prophet Younis in the city of Mosul, the ground after blown up, in a move that comes after the organization of the demolition of a number of shrines and Shiite mosques in the province. shows a video posted on the Internet clouds of dust and smoke rising in the air After blowing up the mosque, which is one of the oldest mosques in Mosul. Sources liable in civil defense, said that "Daash" booby-trapped the shrine before the bombing of the shrine inside the mosque known as the Mosque of the Prophet, which Younis.

Speculation has it that some Sunni's aided and abetted the ISIS incursion in order to get back at Maliki's Shites.......no question ISIS and Maliki are evil..........ISIS is going way above the call of duty with their "out-of-the-ME-mainstream" hatred, destruction and cruelty.

Seems to me that in view of all the issues that relate to the Sunni supported ISIS hatred and destruction.........Sunni and ISIS both have a lot of blood on their hands!!!

• Upvote 1

You can't blame all the muslims for the misdeed of some extremists.Where were you LGD when America & it's allied imposed the bloody war on Iraq on the false basesof weapons of mass destruction and killed millions of innocent Iraqi people.Just because they are super powers no one can blame them.Do the Jesus Christ teaches you this.Don't partially look upon others.Don't forget if you pick up a finger upon others,the other three points upon you.And those bloody Daash are not the muslims.They are just using their names.The muslims are the Shrine makers not the Shrine destroyers.

• Downvote 8

http://www.israelvideonetwork.com/the-most-important-video-about-israel-ever-made

To those who believe Israel is in the wrong. Poor terrorists, how dare Israel defend itself.

The last Arab Spring some one posted the minutes from it and at the time I had enough time to read most of it. I know most were looking for a hint towards the RV but some thing caught my eye and stopped me dead in my tracks. All of the Arab nations basically agreeing to the destruction of Israel, they use Palestine as their puppet for an excuse to do so. They are surrounded by those who would like to see them wiped off the face of the earth. They are fired upon DAILY and still there are those who blame them when they defend themselves, unbelievable. Not to mention Israel ACCEPTED a cease fire arranged by Egypt, and what did Hamas do? Kept firing. If you want innocent lives to be saved, how about standing on the side of our best ally in the Middle East, and the only real Democracy???

Also, not too long ago I was listening to a former Muslim speak of his experiences in this so called "religion of peace", he talked about how his mother, who was catholic, married his father a Muslim.  It was all fine while they lived in America, but when she got pregnant with him, his father wanted them to go back to his country so his family could be there for the birth. That was her undoing. Because in his fathers country (and I do admit I can't remember which it was I want to say Iraq), she was his property and no longer had any rights of her own. She wanted to come back to America and tried on several occasions, only to have his family intercept her, and for her to be beaten after. She spent many years confined to her room, she had to smuggle a Bible in and had to read it in secret, guess what would happen if she were caught?

At any rate he went on to say that Islam pretty much cut and dry, you are either in or your out, and to be out means you are the enemy and must be destroyed. He also made it a point to say that you would not want your daughters to be born under Islamic rule, boys are taught from a young age that women are inferior and in truth in Islam men have little to no responsibility in this regard.

Oh but that's just one example you say, you can't judge an entire religion based off of one mans experience, which is fair. I do know a woman who is Muslim and is "allowed" to work, and even has "permission" to move up the ranks to management, her words not mine. Unfortunately she's been in a state of panic because her daughter wants to marry a non-Muslim, and they already had a marriage arranged for her with a nice young Muslim man. Her husband is threatening to kill them both, which he believes is his right to do. So much for that "progressive" family.

• Upvote 5

Awe come on people, these poor little Muslims are just expressing themselves.

We really should be more tolerant and understanding. Let the love out, sing praise

to these poor Muslims. And feel sorry for yourselves because you don't have the

freedom in America to blow shite up. Your evil country has you enslaved, but these

wonderful peace loving Muslims are so beautifully free to show publicly how they

feel. And don't worry, I'm sure this behavior will only speed up your precious RV.

I'll bet there's a lot of pressure to become a Muslim from family members and peers

Even if they don't believe in that crap they have to pretend they do

The clerics are incharge thru terrorism In my opinion

And they have their spy network in place

The political process is to tell everyone that they are Muslims because it's their choice

But I think we know better than that

Can you imagine even mentioning that you don't like the religion to anyone even a family member

They got 50 to 100 million strong terrorists infiltrated all thru the Muslim society

The pressure involved when they come to recruit you to blow yourself up in the name of Islam I believe goes beyond their own personal safety

In my opinion I believe family is threatened if you refuse

So they will kill your family if you don't and if you do they believe their god will forgive them for giving their life to preserve their family's life

Even though they kill someone else's family members in the process

I do believe the extremists are raised that way and know nothing else from birth

Its a mess

They hide amongest the population of women and children

You would have to kill ten times as many innocent just to kill the ones that need killed

So in the end there's no stopping the movement as long as they have money

And until the oil is gone , they will have money

So we just burn up as much as we can as fast as we can with our big cars and trucks till they are dead broke

We discourage industrialization so they have no other means of finance

I do believe a the govts over there are involved in extremism

And I believe there's a pecking order

If ya do find out who is at the top and kill off that leadership

The next extremists in line take over

So what do ya do ?

Nuke em all

The extremists never gather in one place and sleeper cels who are paid to do nothing unless called to duty are waiting in the wings

I say they should be expelled from every peace loving country and corral them up in the Middle East and block all their borders

No Muslims allowed out ever

The video above is an example of their vision for the future

Their way or the highway

Muslim dictatorship

• Upvote 3

What the world wants is to lay on the beach , vacation , eat a nice meal , spend time with their family's

Kick back and watch tv

The Muslims want world dominance

If your not willing to kick their assas back into thief hell hole where they came from

Liberal like

Then expect you will lose this battle

They will never stop and to have mercy on them when we know they have no mercy

Is a losing strategy

Obamas future for his children will be Islamic

Its guarenteed.

People like that will submit

And those who elected him will do the same

• Upvote 5

"Let the dead bury the dead " Jonah is in paradise right

No, he is sleeping. I believe the Lord (Jesus), and Paul (Saul) make this clear.

Matthew 9:24 NKJV
He said to them, "Make room, for the girl is not dead, but sleeping." And they ridiculed Him.
Luke 8:52 NKJV
Now all wept and mourned for her; but He said, "Do not weep; she is not dead, but sleeping."
John 11:11-13 NKJV
11 These things He said, and after that He said to them, "Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up. 12 Then His disciples said, "Lord, if he sleeps he will get well." 13 "However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep.
1 Corinthians 11:30 NKJV
For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. (death)
1 Corinthians 15:51 NKJV
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--
Ephesians 5:14 NKJV
Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
1 Thessalonians 4:14 NKJV
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

Wm13

• Upvote 4