Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tlar: Obama Supposedly Made A Deal With Maliki Allowing For His Resignation And Removal !

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting During Tlar's Happy Hour !

Maliki discuss with his ministers and his retirement retirement

By Khabaar Khaba 07/18/2014 04:32 | Views: 1106

Discuss Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and his ministers with his salary and their pensions.

A source familiar with the Council of Ministers of the reporter Agency for News News (et al) Maliki discussed on the sidelines of the meeting of the Council of Ministers on Thursday after the end of the agenda of the meeting of his retirement and retirement and his ministers after the formation of the new government, did not mention the source further details.

This comes after the rejection of the political blocs third renewal of the mandate of the leader of a coalition of state law, Nuri Kamal al-Maliki.   LINK
~~~

BlueyesinLevis:  This comes after the rejection of the political blocs third renewal of the mandate of the leader of a coalition of state law, Nuri Kamal al-Maliki.

So do you think they will throw him a retirement party? Sit around talking about the "good old days" ?

-Nouri:  "remember when we could just grab young girls off the streets and take 'em over to the prison for rape and torture.. then call their mothers over.. and rape them , too? How about the way I worked that idiot Joe Biden, then immediatly arrested my enemies. Yeah.. good times!"

-Achmed: " Yeah, too bad that rat Hashemi escaped . Still.. I gotta hand to you Nouri... you helped us all become billionaires... and those stupid peasants even voted your bloc back in so we get to nominate Sharstani now. We'll miss ya, Big Guy... just stay out of the Hague, alright? C'mere ya big lug!"

Tlar:  Obama supposedly made a deal with Maliki allowing for his resignation and removal.  I would love to know what it was.  It can't be that the international community would agree to let him off charges. 

Genicide would be a very hard charge to wipe out and there is no way they would let him off scot free.  The SOL should now come around as the articles are saying they are. 

One can only hope they don't continue to insist on Tareq or Jaafari but rather put up Chalabi or Mahdi.  If they do this, it most likely will be over on Wednesday.  Salih was and still is the President to be elected. 

The VP's, a Shia and a Sunni both are waiting in the wings.  If the SOL chooses Chalabi and/or Mahdi, its done and should be signed sealed and delivered on Wednesday.

Turki then should feel free to push the button changing the rate within days of the announcement that there is a new non-sec tarian government.  Jubilation will finally come to the Iraqi street.

EVERYONE WILL BE Holding hands and SINGING CUM BY YA including me.  The wicked witch is dead.  Then I will never ever, ever, read another thing about Iraq.  Yea, hip, hip, horay.  tlar

Investor1:  Unanimously Iraqi political forces yesterday to exclude the Prime Minister outgoing Nuri al-Maliki as head of the new government.

confirmed political sources from within the National Alliance in Iraq, which belongs to al-Maliki, a decision that was taken in the coalition, the center and the presence of more than one scenario for the formation of the new government.

explained that the message oral envoy to the owners of the supreme authority Ali al-Sistani, and that has been circulating among the components of the alliance, asking him to step down as prime minister, and was given days to announce it, or will announce the reference rejection of his third term in a statement.

confirmed Iraqi lawmakers that al-Maliki will be out of competition at the head of the new government, that will resolve its mind and ordered the president ahead of the parliamentary session next Wednesday.

expected to put forward the name of the candidate for the post of President of the new Iraqi during a session of Parliament next Wednesday, to, in turn, commissioned by the head of the largest bloc in parliament to form a new government, against the background of the results of the parliamentary elections that took place in Iraq on April 30 last.

and there are no large bloc in the Iraqi parliament compete State of Law bloc led by al-Maliki (92) deputies to compete for the formation of the next Iraqi government.

Sources pointed out that Ibrahim Jaafari, head of the National Alliance, the Shia, and Ammar al-Hakim, leader of the Islamic Supreme Council, are locked in now intensive talks with the coalition parties on the one hand, and a coalition of al-Maliki on the other hand to reach a formula that satisfies everyone.

According to sources, it has been trading name of Ibrahim al-Jaafari and Adel Abdul Mahdi and Tariq Najim, to take over as prime minister, while sources confirm that Tariq star will be the luckiest as of close to the owners, and that his tenure comes to satisfy the last resort in a political deal will be announced within a week.

According to other sources that al-Maliki is now trying to get a decision from the Federal Court authorized the formation of the government as the largest bloc which won the most votes and not the National Alliance.

reported that al-Maliki will work through this If the decision was released, the defections from the coalition, and to try to form a government.

explained that this would lead to the other components of the coalition alliance with Sunni and Kurdish forces, to form a larger force and keep Maliki as prime minister. Agencies

http://www.knoozmedia.net/?p=54558

--Don't ever accept my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness.

Dr. Gann:  Wow  I sure hope he is gone for Iraq ,he has been nohting but the hold up at the Outlaw Saloon  for too long ,, Shasta he s  another bad apple 

Dreamweaver:  Tlar, agree it could happen as soon as country is politcally safe from both Maliki and ISIS ... but can't see Turki RV'ing  while ISIS running amok and possibly prospering -- unless that situation is more resolved than news is reporting.  Believe Sunnis when they say they will take care of the buggers ... so hopefully they can get 'er done in rapid order.

Rockstar:   DW I believe as soon as the new PM is announced and voted in we will see ISIS disappear and will be a non issue! We already seem to be seeing articles of them retreating.

There was also a couple of articles over the past couple of weeks that said specifically as soon as Maliki is gone they will be gone so I believe all is good and this will be a non issue personally!

I think the bigger issue that no one seems to look at is once the new PM is voted in will he keep Turki as the CBI Governor, if not and he puts someone new in unless it's Shabibi than we maybe in for another delay!
Mike:   I agree DW, ISIL may yet affect the rate change. There's another thread showing that ISIL is leaving Mosul and sending re-inforcements to Tikrit, they're not retreating back to Syria, yet.

I do believe that once Maliki is out and a unified government is in place, ISIL will have worn out their welcome, here's hoping!
  • Upvote 1

CNN. Broadcasting During Happy Hour.

EVERYONE WILL BE Holding hands and SINGING CUM BY YA including me. The wicked witch is dead. Then I will never ever, ever, read another thing about Iraq. Yea, hip, hip, horay!

Oh Happy Day!!!! We will all be singing loud and clear....Cum-By-Ya ...Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead...99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall, 99 bottles of Beer....Take One Down, Pass It Around....you get the picture!!! These guys may not get the date and rate right but I'm thinkin' they got one thing right...I think most of us are gonna take the rear view mirror off and never look back at Iraq when this ride is over!!! ;o)

Sandfly Thugster...keep your supply of Thuggies stocked up buddy...we is gonna need them when this thing finally pops!!! :)

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 3

Oh Happy Day!!!! We will all be singing loud and clear....Cum-By-Ya ...Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead...99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall, 99 bottles of Beer....Take One Down, Pass It Around....you get the picture!!! These guys may not get the date and rate right but I'm thinkin' they got one thing right...I think most of us are gonna take the rear view mirror off and never look back at Iraq when this ride is over!!! ;o)

Sandfly Thugster...keep your supply of Thuggies stocked up buddy...we is gonna need them when this thing finally pops!!! :)

They got one thing right...I think most of us are gonna take the rear view mirror off and never look back at Iraq when this ride is over!!! ;

You could not be more right on that one....It has been a nightmare or like groundhog day for me.... :rocking-chair:

• Upvote 3

Thanks DT...There's still a lot of smoke that's got to settle...there's still a couple of big cannons with their fuses fixin' to ignite the primers that'll flip some major chips...we aint far from seein' the smoke clear and findin' out where the chips fell...it does make a difference in how ya pack your powder... 

• Upvote 2

Here's An Additional Tlar Chat ...

Ralph:   Formally submitted, but not publically announced yet........

PUK Formally Submits Candidate for Iraqi Presidency    By RÛDAW 4 hours ago

Ralph:    Fuad Massoum is a long-time associate of Jalal Talabani. Photo: knwe.net

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) has officially submitted its candidate for Iraq’s presidency, as politicians desperately struggle to put together a government in the middle of a Sunni rebellion and militant control of a third of Iraq.

Sources told Rudaw that the PUK has chosen Fuad Massoum, who is from Halabja, as a compromise candidate. But that was not immediately confirmed. Massoum is a long-time associate of Jalal Talabani, the PUK leader and Iraqi president who has been in Germany since a stroke in December 2012.
~~~

There were other reports that the PUK has chosen former speaker of the Kurdish parliament, Adnan Mufti.

Mala Bakhtiar, a senior official of the PUK, formally presented the name Thursday to Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani. Sources told Rudaw the nominee was chosen to avoid further factionalism within the troubled party.

Under the Iraqi constitution the president is Kurdish, the prime minister a Shiite and the parliament speaker a Sunni. The presidency is traditionally given to the PUK.

This week MPs in Baghdad finally elected Salim al-Jabouri as parliament speaker, coming a stop closer to forming a government, as Iraq suffers a crisis that threatens to splinter the country.

Even if a president is chosen, the issue of the Shiite prime minister still would remain unresolved: The Sunnis and Kurds have absolutely rejected a third term for Nouri al-Maliki, who has continued to insist he will remain prime minister.

Meanwhile the PUK’s Najmaldin Karim, the powerful Kurdish governor of Kirkuk, has reportedly caused a stir inside his party by submitting his name for the presidency, without the party’s consent.

That move raised the ire of other PUK leaders, including Mala Bakhtiar and Kosrat Rasul, who rejected any candidate that is not approved by the party leadership.

Iraq’s former deputy premier, Barham Salih, had been considered one of the strongest PUK candidates for the post, but his name was reportedly rejected by the Talabani family due to past history between them.

Unlike Karim, Saleh would be a national consensus candidate, due to his close ties with Iraqi leaders and his moderate views.

While the Iraqi presidency is largely a ceremonial post, before his illness Talabani had used his charisma and political weight to give the position greater importance and act as mediator to resolve political disputes.

Ralph:    Tman- (Tman is From another Forum) There is no firming up the POR position, that position is settled and has been for 18 months…Maliki internally has agreed to resign his position as a nominee for PM, the SOL is not waffling…

As of now the steps being taken are to stabilze the military before announcements and the upcoming transition…The second focus is on the corruption of Iraqi politics…

It is said that political corruption causes a corrupt military, these 2 events political and military are being stabilized…NO DELAYS…it is a process.

Please understand that those are not my thoughts…simply what I was told… And it comes from the direction that told me Jabouri selected to be speaker…and 18 months ago that Barham Saleh was definite POR…and that Shahristani was setting up for PM…Way before the news articles.

-----------------------------------------

From the outside looking in it appears that the POR nominee will be known this coming Sunday....

Then come the following Wednesday, 23rd Parliment will convene and elect Barham Saleh.....

Barham Saleh will the direct the largest party to begin forming the government which is announce your PM nominee.....

The SOL being the largest group will announce Shahristani as their nominee which I believe may take place on the 27th......

Thus the 28th a Monday we will know who is who....and between the 28th and 30th we will have the new PM nominee elected......

Ralph:  Shahristani, chairman of the Council of Ministers instead of Tarek Najm

BAGHDAD / Source News / .. source revealed Tuesday that there is a consensus among the National Alliance to choose the MP Hussein al-Shahristani, the Presidency of the Council of Ministers for the next government. The source told / Source News /, “Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki decided to change his mind at the last minute after the selection of Hussain al-Shahristani instead Tarek Najm.” ”The National Alliance unanimously approved the al-Shahristani, presided over the Presidency of the Council of Ministers for the next government.” Finished / faceiraq.com

BlueyesinLevis:    Sharistani is HATED by the Kurds.. he is as crooked as dogs hind leg. This is a perplexing move.. not one I would describe as good for the future of Iraq. With this wolf hanging around the hen house.. the Iraqi people better beware.

-Must be some type of compromise deal.. and hopefull he can be dumped later on.

-" Promise 'em anything.. just get 'em on the next bus to Tehran.. we'll take out the trash later".

BlueyesinLevis: "and that Shahristani was setting up for PM…" Sharistani as PM?  Color me doubtful.

Revbo:   Blue, I could be wrong about this, but I seem to remember the Kurds' position, from a month or so ago, was anybody-but-Maliki.

While I agree with you on Sharistani, he does, at least, qualify as not-Maliki. Either way, he will be much weaker as PM than Maliki, and will have to play along, at least for a while, with the other parties, and I only care that he plays along long enough for Turki to pull the trigger, which I don't think will take more than a week after a new government is set.

Schiz:    Hope your bloody right revbo, sure we really don't want sharistani (i can never spell his name so always try not to have to say it) as pm but he will sure as heck do if it gives turki what he wants.

Man i feel sorry for iraq if this guy is pm, they better be smart and vote in the council first, the council that hopefully allawi isnt head of!

mystic137:   Sharistani is as much a thief as Maliki...

Kimberley:   I agree mystic,   It's been rumored he stole most of the money provided for the development of electricty in the country,   Which they still don't have.....   And when ever there was a hint that S. was about to be called o the carpet,  Maliki would just move him to a better position.   

Now he is at loggerheads with the Kurds,  over their oil,  and how they will ship it.....  Blue's right the Kurds hate him almost as much as they do Maliki..

Fred: If he's been stealing dinars..... An RV might be to his liking

Tlar:    USD and dinars for himself and Maliki.  He stole 6 billion from the Electric Ministry budget through weriting phoney contracts even going so far as to create phoney companies witb phone numbers and rental space where he could send checks to Europe.. 

Parliament had him dead to rights and was in the process of bringing charges when maliki swooped in, stoped the proceedings and made him Oil Minister allowing him to continue his immunity until today. 

Who knows how much he has stolen from the Oil Ministry.  All of Iraq's income goes through his hands now.  It's an even bigger slush fund than the Electric Ministry. 

He has stolen tons from the Kurds by paying them for loww quality oil while the Kurds oil is high quality.  He also has shaved the Kurds, keeping their percentage of the budget and not paying their vendors working in Kurdistan. 

The Kurds asked Maliki to have someone else deal with them because frankly, they don't trust Shahristani.  They will see his nomination as a slap in the face by a thief. 

Shahristani met with Maliki yesterday and I feel comfortable a deal was made to protect Maliki by messing up any ijnvestigation either by stalling it or shutting it down while he was in office along with his own.  tlar 

Luckylady:  I don't understand how having Shahristani as PM will do any good for Iraq.  They might as well keep Maliki.  I can't see the Kurds agreeing to him.

Rockstar:    Tlar is 100% correct on Shahristani, and no he will not be the next PM! Not sure why they keep throwing his name in the hat but no way no how will he make it! I still say it will be Mahdi with an outside chance of Chalabi.

Rocko:  can't see Shahristani as PM. Sounds like B.S. to me. Although Joubouri seems intent on getting some laws passed quickly. If they get the Federation Council seated, the PM is severely neutered. I hope for the Iraqi's this doesn't happen.

RandyT00:  I agree with you rocko. Tlar has nailed Shahristani's character. Actions do speak louder than words. When Barzani started building a pipeline to Ceylon Turkey that bypasses SOMO, Shahristani started beating the war drums and wanted to invade Kurdistan.

If you recall it was shortly after that that Maliki formed the Tigris command and marched it into Kirkut, Tikrit and areas around Kurdistan.
There is no way that I can see the Kurds voting for Shahristani. Given that "Unity" is one of the goals of the new government, I really don't see Hakim or Sadr voting for him either.

In this matter I think I agree with Rockstar. I would like to see Mahdi over Chalabi just because of Chalabi's checkerd history in dragging us into the Iraq war in the first place. Just my opinion though. -   RandyT00 (~_~)
  • Upvote 1

Maliki early retirement program = 180 grains, and it aint about the fiber

HMMM -Sometimes high impact lead poisoning is the answer... I recommend 147 grains of modified boat tail from about 400 yds - just because it's more sporting  -  I'd recommend using the 3X ACOG on an floating barrel M14 for the injection....

Edited by tankdude
  • Upvote 1

Here Are 2 Chats From Today Including Several Articles - Get Ready To Scroll ...

Ralph:    Speaker: Secret polling to be adopted to nominate President next Wednesday

Tuesday, 22 July 2014 13:19 | | | Baghdad (Forat) –The Speaker, Saleem al-Jobouri, clarified that the President will be nominated by the parliament via a secret polling on next Wednesday.

During his press conference on Tuesday that is attended by Alforat News Agency Reporter, Jobouri said "There are qualified figures who submitted their files for nomination for the President Post." /End/
~~~

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php/political-news/55672-speaker-secret-polling-to-be-adopted-to-nominate-president-next-wednesday

Politics   Iraqi House Speaker: More than 100 Nominees For Presidency

22/07/2014 12:15:00 BAGHDAD / NINA / Iraqi House Speaker, Salim al-Jubouri announced that the number of applicants to run for the post of President of the Republic is more than / 100 / candidates.

Jubouri said in a press conference held today in the House of Representatives that "most of the nominees to run for the post of President of the Republic are qualified for the job, adding that the Constitution guarantees the nomination for the post of president of the republic for an unlimited number according to the principle of democracy."

Jubouri confirmed holding "a session for the House of Representatives tomorrow to elect the President of the Republic." / End

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=HFILEI

KJWAYNE:   Parliament Speaker: tomorrow's meeting of the political consensus

14906.jpg?width=400&height=300&crop=auto

Salim al-House Speaker portray Mahmoud Raouf     Author: HH

Editor: HH   07/22/2014 12:20   Number of readings: 292    Long-Presse / Baghdad

The President of the House of Representatives, Salim al, on Tuesday, "the nomination of a hundred people" for the presidency, and between that session tomorrow, "Stkhalo" of the political consensus in the voting process, and among the members of Parliament have "complete freedom to choose from they deem best suited for the job," said that any candidate is not eligible constitutional "will not enter the" competition ballot.

Jubouri said at a press conference at the parliament building and attended (range Press), "The political parties preoccupied with today's issue of building a presidency did not enter the question Maliki's nomination for a third term in the framework of understandings between the parties,"

adding that "after choosing the presidency of the parliament We hope that finish tomorrow from the second phase of the factors in building the Iraqi state where we will wait to choose the presidency and then move on after that collaborators for the sake of the completion of the third phase. "

The Jubouri that "feature session tomorrow is that the process of voting on a candidate the president Stkhalo of political consensus," explaining that "there is no fill between the parties to multiple political direction of a nominated person where we look for all the candidates a foot of equality and this is the prevailing view among the political blocs" .

And the Speaker of Parliament that "a hundred people nominated themselves for the presidency and the competition will be illegal and all candidates submitted their resumes and we'll talk about this move is clearly in front of the House of Representatives," he said, adding that it "would be a member of the House of Representatives full freedom to choose from is believed to be suitable for this position."

He Jubouri as saying that "there are conditions binding on the candidates, including those related to age and certificate, integrity and accountability, justice and the limitation of criminal can not be for those who are not available when this requirement to enter the competition,"

the Presidency of the Council sent the books to the competent departments and will receive today the answers it will not offer any candidate not available when these conditions stipulated by the law. "

The Presidency of the Council of Representatives announced that, in the (July 16, 2014), opening the door for nomination for the presidency of the Republic, as identified last Sunday's deadline for submitting names, confirmed that the conditions of submission that the candidate Iraqi by birth from Iraqi parents, and his political experience and not convicted of a crime dishonorable or procedures covered by the provisions of the law of accountability and justice.

The President of the House of Representatives, Salim al, to adjourn the meeting on Wednesday to choose a new president.

The Kurdistan Alliance announced on Sunday (July 20, 2014), that the resolution of its candidate for the presidency before the return of President Jalal Talabani, to Iraq, and as he emphasized that "he will present at the parliament session on Wednesday" for a vote, pointed out that "Sictm named until the hearing Because of the situation need to secrecy. "

He was President Jalal Talabani, he returned to Sulaymaniyah, (364 km northeast of Baghdad), on Saturday afternoon, a private plane, after a long treatment in Germany, and was greeted by his family only, at his request, amid tight security and without shown to the media gathered at the gate of Foreign Affairs of the airport.

The coalition of citizens favored, on Sunday, the resolution of the National Alliance for file selection of the candidate for prime minister during the next two days, and confirmed the presence of the flexibility of Maliki's coalition to nominate a substitute him for the post of prime minister, while indicated the Liberal bloc to "the existence of pressure from Shiite" on Maliki's coalition to nominate irreplaceable.

Meanwhile, announced a coalition united under the leadership of Osama Najafi, on Sunday, on the nomination of its leader, vice-president of the republic, while pointing out that "the nomination of Najafi officially will be after the election of President of the Republic, and discuss with the political blocs.

The Council of Representatives of Iraq, in the (15 July 2014), its third meeting of the fourth session of Parliament, headed by the President of the older Mehdi al-Hafez, and the presence of 207 deputies, the county coalition of national, led by Iyad Allawi, which has seen its election Salim al-chairman of the parliament to succeed Osama Najafi , and Haider al-Abadi first deputy speaker of parliament, and Mohammad Ali Aram second deputy.    http://translate.goo...2480213&act=url

Mike:   I don't get it, a hundred nominee's for President? I guess all 95 members of the SOL put there name up. Why in the heck did they give the Kurd's such a hard time to find and annuonce their candidate when there's going to be 99 other nominees for the position?

The constitution states that both the Presidency of the Republic and the PM positions are selected using the same procedures, I guess we don't have to worry about how Mahdi and Chalabi will get elected, they'll just nominate themselves and let Parliament decide with the votes. What a circus.

Rocko:  Circus indeed. I bet a lot of them won't qualify to run as the art states. Jubouri still says they are going to vote. I hope he makes them show up Thursday also to finish this.cko:  

Ralph:   Per Reidar Visser tweet just seconds ago -

On press conference right now, newly elected #Iraq parliament speaker Jibburi indicates he wants to go ahead with election of president Wed.

Sun Devil:   Jabouri is THE MAN.  I love this guy!  Suddenly dates and deadlines carry some weight.

Ralph: Jobouri: We requested MoI, MoD, J&A Commission to check C.Vs of candidates for President Post

Tuesday, 22 July 2014 14:42 | | |    Baghdad (AIN) –The parliament Speaker, Saleem al-Jobouri, assured contacting the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Defense and the Justice and Accountability Commission to check the C.Vs of the nominees for the President Post.

In a press conference, Jobouri said "There are several conditions for electing the President where some of them related to the security issues and we requested the MoI, MoD, J&A Commission to check C.Vs of candidates for this post." /End/

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php/political-news/55675-jobouri-we-requested-moi-mod-jaa-commission-to-check-cvs-of-candidates-for-president-post

Ralph:  Speaker Jobouri: President to request biggest bloc to nominate its PM nominee

Tuesday, 22 July 2014 14:20 | | | Baghdad (AIN) –The parliament Speaker, Saleem al-Jobouri, assured that the next President, after being elected, will request the biggest bloc to nominate its nominee for the Prime Minister post.

In a press conference "The next President will request the biggest political bloc to nominate a nominee to assume the PM post." /End/

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php/political-news/55674-speaker-jobouri-president-to-request-biggest-bloc-to-nominate-its-pm-nominee

PPR:   Does Jobouri act with a sense of purpose?  This is such a breath of fresh air.  Let's see if he can facilitate in putting a great leadership team together.

MoonMan:   What are CVs?

Rileysetter:   Basically it is a resume:  A curriculum vitae (CV) provides an overview of a person's experience and other qualifications. In some countries, a CV is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment.

PPR:   curriculum vitae - credentials, qualifications, experience

Tlar:   With the change in the rules procedure (Secret polling), Jubouri has just set the SOL up to fail.  To bad Jubouri doesn't have a twin brother.  The twins would have my vote to run Iraq.  ylar

Fishtard:   Rocko.  Maybe during the 'nomination process' for these 99 yahoos, they can discuss the various crimes said nominees have committed against the people. "Off with their heads".  Seems simple enough.  Want to vote on it?

Tlar:   It is becoming obvious to me if Jubouri can change the rules procedures using the clout of the mass (coalition, Sunnis, Kurds and Turkmen) to control the minority (SOL and Maliki) by the use of their overwelming numbers, that the outcome is pretermined.

The SOL will have to knuckle under.  If not they will be bowled over anyway.  If tomorrow we get a new president and both vice presidents, the writing will be on the wall. 

All moves by Maliki or the SOL to slow or stop the process will have been proven inaffective which will change the dynamics of the PM selection. 

And if they can do two readings of the budget this week as Jubouri wants to do we will be in a good position to RV. Keeping my fingers crossed.  tlar.

Ralph:   F we have a President elected tomorrow. Jabouri has definately become a hero for Iraq!! I thought Hakim was a pretty sharp, but Jabouri, (who has Law experience) seems to fit into his new role just fine!!!

I was impressed that he was already having the CV's of these candidates vetted out and they will quickly dispel many. He said there are a few who qualify and he also stated that constitutionally the POR goes to the Kurds....

I am looking forward for tomorrow's actions.. and as Tlar and Rev mentioned using secret ballot, just changed the whole dynamic of this election process...  Here's to their success tomorrow!!!

Ralph:   Fadhila MP: MPs have desire to endorse Budget Law

Tuesday, 22 July 2014 16:55   Baghdad (AIN) –MP, Oula Layeith, of the Fadhila bloc assured that there is a desire by the MPs to endorse the Budget Law.

She stated in a press statement received by AIN "The Iraqis are waiting for the endorsement of the Budget Law as soon as possible due to its effect in delaying the projects that negatively affected the economy of Iraq."

"This delay does not only affected the governmental sector, but the other sectors where Iraq loses 400 USD Million daily," she concluded. /End/

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php/political-news/55664-fadhila-mp-mps-have-desire-to-endorse-budget-law

Ralph:    Mladenov congratulates the return of Talabani calls on parliament to elect a new president quickly

Thursday, July 22, 2014 15:12 [baghdad - where]

Congratulated the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Nikolay Mladenov, President Jalal Talabani, on the occasion of his return to Iraq, and he recovered.

Talabani arrived last Saturday afternoon on a private jet to Sulaimaniya airport returning from a refinery in the German capital Berlin, which underwent treatment lasted for years and seven months and accompanied him on his return delegation of German doctors to follow up on his health.

A statement from the UN mission [uNAMI] received by all of Iraq [where] a copy of "Mladenov yesterday sent a letter to President Talabani in which he welcomed his return to his native Iraq, wishing him a speedy and full recovery."

He wrote in his congratulatory message Mladenov told Talabani that "your return to your homeland and came quite timely given the unprecedented challenges to face Iraq in this critical period."

The UN envoy stressed, saying that "today, more than ever, need to Iraq behind you to address the challenge of removing the differences between the components of the same firmness and enthusiasm you have shown that you had for many years."

The statement pointed out that "the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations takes this opportunity to urge the political blocs in the House of Representatives to move forward without delay to elect a new president after President Talabani, in its scheduled on Wednesday."

Mladenov said "at a time when it is suffering from parts of the country under the control of terrorist groups and displaced more than a million Iraqis and minorities out of their homes, the Iraq need to see political leaders when they gather together and negotiate for the benefit of all components of the Iraqi society."

The head of the House of Representatives, Salim al announced Tuesday at a news conference that the parliament will be held tomorrow to elect its own president, "declaring" the Presidency of the Parliament received more than 100 candidates for the position. "

It is noted that according to the political consensus, and the presidency of the Republic is the share of the Kurds, specifically the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) announced yesterday that the failure to resolve the Kurdish blocs candidate between Barham Salih and Fuad Masum, also announced that he was seeking to provide a candidate and one of them. Ended

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.alliraqnews.com/index.php/2011-11-25-01-42-40/45-2014-06-14-07-48-25/140353-2014-07-21-21-05-58.html

hi-five:   So, according to their constitution, parliament will vote on all the candidates, and if none of them get a 2/3rds majority, then the top two compete for another vote.  And the one with the most votes wins the presidency.    I hope they can get this done tomorrow!

Tlar:   hi-five, the secret ballot is just to pick the nominee.  I am sure it will be pre- fixed in the coalition. 

This will eliminate all other candidates in one feld move.  Then they will vote openly on the nominee.  That's why it is my belief that Jubouri will get this done tomorrow in spite of the confusion and the road blocks the SOL has tried to put up. 

Just today the SOL said that they ought to suspend everything until after EID (the 28th).  They will do anything to try to stop this.  If they can't stop this I think they will get real  quick realizing they could lose everything, and they will propose a PM acceptable to everyone or they will be left out in the cold.

I have been wrong about the SOL before assigning common sense to them.  I would hope they see that their situation is tenable if they don't come around.  They CAN'T stop this.   Jubouri is moving everything along in spite of them.  tlar

Ralph:   National Coalition threatens alliance with other forces against al-Maliki

Threatened the National Coalition, which includes formations outside the Shiite coalition in alliance with other political blocs to form a government, insisted that if Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki on his candidacy for prime minister, pointing out that the positions of the president and two vice presidents have become almost a foregone conclusion.
Slim said Shawki MP for mass citizen stuck if al-Maliki as prime minister and not to nominate an alternative person bloc, the rule of law will be in isolation for the National Alliance,

and will have the rest of the components of the alliance into an alliance with other forces to form a government

http://www.waradana.com/news/iraq/19/54329/

2nd CHAT ...

Aloha Alex:  We are witnessing an amazing move! The new POP is sticking it to Malaki and I'm sure he is pissed to no end. If Malaki is futile in any attempt of rebuttal, it will mean the true begining of his loss of power in a concrete and visible manner.

We may see some crazy stuff coming from his camp between now and tomorrow

Mike:  Tlar, what version of the budget do you think they'll vote on this Wednesday?

The reason I ask is that the budget Parliament currently holds is the same one rejected by the Kurd's and Sunni's in the last session. Has the Finance Minister re-submitted a revised 2014 budget?
~~~

Mike Continues:   Procedurely, the FM and Finance Committee hammer out the budget and then submit it to Parliament for ratification. As far as I know, the budget begins in the CoM and committee's, not Parliament.

I'm hoping that Parliament can get the President and the two VP's elected this Wednesday, then he can call on the NA to present their nominee for PM. That would be a huge accomplishment! 

Procedurely, electing the PM is the same as the President, so maybe Parliament will have the same opportunity to vet and vote on multiple personalities for PM. If so, then Maliki will lose numerically.

I would be very surprised if Parliament approved the previous budget this close to installing a new PM. This is Iraq, though,  anything's possible.  :)

Rissas Dad:  Mike, werent there articles stating Jabouri's committee was working on reviewing the budget?  Perhaps this committee is revising (ie removing Maliki's BS) from it so they can get to work right away reading and passing it? 

Mike:   That's a good point, Rissas. There are talks about creating committee's to review the budget and submit changes that will enable it to pass.

There were several key points that needed to be addressed like the Kurd's 17% and the punitive clauses directed at them for production. The provinces have also refused this budget because Maliki removed the $5 per barrel that was pumped from the oil producing regions.

Also, there is a lot of discussion about the Executive Branch's control and regulation of public monies, Maliki really loosened the purse strings and empowered his branch of government. Bottom line, there wasn't enough support for the existing budget.

Procedurely, the Finance Minister and Finance Committee submit budget's to Parliament, not the other way around. Parliament isn't constitutionally empowered to create budgets for Iraq, they approve or reject them.

Ralph:    Virtue: the existence of a serious desire to pass budget

21:04   07/22/2014   Confirmed a member of the House of Representatives on the mass of Virtue parliamentary Ola Aiv return to the presence of a serious desire of the members of the House of Representatives in approving the general budget of the country and the need for state institutions to be ratified as soon as.

She told Aiv in the Iraqi street, awaiting the approval of the general budget as soon as the completion of stalled projects, which impacted negatively on the country's economy, which hit the state facilities completely paralyzed     http://www.waradana.com/news/iraq/19/54348/

Mike:   Thanks, Revbo. I'll admit, I still don't get it. Iraq is broke, projects that are already approved and in progress have been stopped becuse there's no money available. I guess it's important that the projects are now legal, but if you're broke, you're broke.

HandOverFist:   Mike, if they have an RV then they're not broke anymore.

Mike:     If I had a dollar for every time I heard the budget had the RV in it I wouldn't be broke anymore either. :) Honestly, I think this is just another snipe hunt.

Both Shabibi and Turki told us that they need a stable government before any changes would be made. I don't think we'll see anything change until the President, PM and CoM are settled, because that's what Turki wants.

Rissas Dad:   Im with you mike.  Budget is probably connected to what we want but not more than a seated stable government (without jack-leg)

HandOverFist:    The way I understand it, Mike, they need the RV to FUND the budget...........so if they pass the budget, they've got to fund it (with an RV

Mike;   For now, the budget's are directly tied to oil revenue, not an RV. Iraq uses both the dinar and the dollar when determining each year's budget for clarity.

If you calculate how much oil they pump you'll see that the budget matches up almost perfectly. (2012's budget did run at a small deficit) An RV would change the amounts in the budget, but until Iraq has some other form of revenue, that's what they peg their budget to.

Iraq has created budget's for years and funded the government through their oil revenue. If Iraq RV's north of $3.00, this will greatly reduce the cost of infrastructure costs, becuase their currency is worth three times what the dollar is worth, effectively reducing their costs by 66%.

That's the chief benefit of an RV to Iraq right now, that and international recognition of their currency.

Rissad Dad:    Yes maam, been hearing that too for years.  We've had budgets but no RV.  Therefore have to file this as "guru lore".

HandOverFist:   Didn't Tlar tell us this, about RV funding the budget?  Am I mistaken?

Mike:   I can't speak for Tlar. Maybe he knows something I/we don't know or understand. But, I've heard for years that the RV was hidden inside a budget and that Iraq just needed to open it for us to realize our gains.

I will say that the current budget Parliament holds is probably the same one Maliki and the FM sent in Feb/Mar, if anyone knows of a re-submitted budget please speak up.

It was pretty clear from the response from the Kurd's, Sunni's and the provinces that they did not like this budget and would not approve it. So I ask, what's changed since then?

The only folks calling for the budget to get in front of Parliament is Oula Leyeith and Haitham Al-Jabouri, both are Maliki's people. Isn't it curious that the Kurd's and Sunni's are quiet about the budget?

I think it's because only Maliki and his folks are concerned with the budget right now, for what reason, I don't know.

I do think Parliament is grabbing the bull by the horns and re-working it before they re-submit it to the new FM and Finance committee, but Parliament is not empowered to create and approve their own budget, that's the job of the FM and FC.

Tlar:   Mike, Iraq is not broke.  They have no money because they have not passed a budget yet.  The money will start to flow and these projects will be funded as soon as the budget is passed.  The budget fiasco is the reason the projects were halted to begin with.  Tlar

HandOverFist:  So, Tlar, are you saying they need the RV to fund the budget?  Or do they fund it from oil revenues?

Mike:  Today, July 22nd, Iraq is broke, once they pass the budget, they won't be broke anymore, that's all I'm saying. Of course, once they re-tool the budget and pass it, they'll have money to pay salaries and re-start the infrastructure projects and put these folks back to work.

Quick question, has the FM re-submitted a new budget to Parliament for a vote or is this the same budget that was sent earlier this year? Thanks in advance for your response.

BlueyesinLevis:  As far as I knew.... the budget was ok.. but it had a bad paragraph added by Sharistani and Maliki.  How difficult could it be for Joubari to delete the offending paragraph.. adjust the Kurds 17% to 25% ( Based on the Kirkuk Region) and BINGO.. the budget is all good.

I know.. it is Iraq after all.... lol  Then there is the idea, based on a few articles,  that they are going to pass the 2015 budget at the same time as well?.... all we can do is wait.

As far as the secret vote for PoR... yikes.  I hope it goes better than the secret votes on the  Survivor Tribal Council's....  I am looking forward to them extinguishing Maliki's torch... and telling him ... "time to leave the Council area, you've been voted off of the Island."

Tlar:  RV is just an RV.  As the value of exchange rate goes up, all costs will come down by the same amount including debt and salaries.

The only wealth creation will be in the money in the streets as far as Iraq is concerned just like it is for you and me..  The RV is just a part of restructuring of monetary policy and has nothing to do with work stoppage taking place in Iraq right now.. 

The reason that these projects were stopped is because the budget that was supposed to be passed on January 1st, is still not passed and the monies stopped flowing. 

These are mostly multi year infrastructure projects and funding has to be in each budget each year very much like when after years of funding the Super Collider, our congress decided to remove it from the budget one year in other words stop funding it, and it killed the project. 

Much of large infrastructure projects is done over consecutive years and even though there exists a known plan, monies to continue these projects have to be re-allocated each year in the budget.

It is as true with the Iraqi budgets as it is here in the US..  It is like funding for departments in Iraq.

If they don’t get funded they are operating on a wish and a prayer many unable to pay salaries months at a time. 

There exists some monies for emergencies such as this but it is not enough to carry on large projects.

They have to be refunded each year.  Without a budget, salaries stop for many, projects are stopped or shut down, many items planned for are on permanent hold until they get a budget.

Once they pass a budget these will start to flow again and i6 has nothing to do with the RV and everything to do with passing a budget. 

That is why it is extremely important to get the budget done and thank god for Jubouri. 

If this was left up to the present government, they would continue to play games hoping to starve Kurdistan into submission all the while casting blame on everybody themselves.  tlar   

Mike:   I believe there were several other items as well, funds paid to oil producing provinces were removed as well as language related to Executive Branch controls and expenditures.

I don't see the Kurd's getting 25% of the budget yet, Article 140 has not been legally settled yet. Sure, the Kurd's control Kirkuk right now, but this will have to be addressed later so that re-settlement issues, compensation and the government functions can be changed to reflect Kurdish control.

I don't believe Parliament can solve all these issues in time for a vote tomorrow.

RDiddy:  Can someone help me understand why many believe the budget needs to be passed prior to the RV?  I'm foggy on this point and would really appreciate some clarification.

BlueyesinLevis:  Oh, yes.... I agree Mike.. the budget wont get worked on tommorrow... heck... they will be lucky if all they do is get the names of the candidates written in a book. These guys never get stuff done quickly or in bulk.

That said.... we will see if they actually follow through with the vote for PoR...  crossed fingers.

My comments about the budget were kinda generic... just wondering aloud if it really will be that difficult to do.. once they take out the SoL/Dawa trash... and there were those articles about the 2015 budget being tied to 2014.... hmmm?

Mike:   Blue, Wouldn't it be great if they actually got the President and the VP's elected tomorrow! It would be another great day for Iraqi poitics, the budget will get handled once the GOI is settled

Tlar:   rDiddy, I will tell you what I believe and then I will take the heat.  The Finance committee wrote this budget.  They told us in three articles in November of last year that they wrote it at a different rate for 2014 than the 1166 that the dinar was at.

They also stated based on the new rate they scetched out the 2015 and 2016 budgets. 

If they were not just speaking out of the left side of their mouths, this is the first time we have ever seen in articles them stating that this budget has a different rate change in it. 

If it does have a rate change then logically the dinar value has to equal that change because this is Iraq and their budget will be written in dinars.

For example and that's what this is.  If the budget allocates 1 million dinars for a project and the Finance guys wrote the budget meant to reflect the dinar at a 1 to 1 exchange value, then they intended the recipient of this part of the budget to get 1 million dinars equal to 1 million USD at 1 to 1.

If the CBI does not change the value of the dinar to equal 1 to 1 but leaves it at 1166 to one USD, then the recipient would receive approximately 1000 USD value to do a 1 million USD value project.  It is vital that the budget and the money reflect the same value.

Why would they write a budget that is for a different value than the value of the present dinar?  To coordinate the budget with the CBI's change in value of the currency is the short answer. 

The CBI and the Finance committe have been planning this project since 2010 and it would make sense that they would work together using specific amounts and specific start times based on dates or events.

It is my belief this is now based on an event more than a date because the date is a moving target and passing the budget will be a fixed event. 

That event being the budget itself being made retroactive back to an agreed specific start date.  That date could end up as January 1st or April 1st.  It makes no difference given the importance of the project.

Once the budget is passed I believe we will see the RV but that is based on what the Finance committee told us in November of last year about how they wrote the budget. 

All right guys, have at me but please debate me respectfully don't just trash me.  Tell me why I'm wrong based on what I have said and you believe, knowing we have never heard from anyone except gurus about these two items being put together.

I believe for the first time the RV and budget are together also acknowledging this is the first time ever we were told in advance that the budget for 2014 was written in a rate different from the 1166 we have come to know and love by the guys who wrote it.   Go ahead.  I'm all ears. tlar

Mike;    No bashing, just more questions :)  Hasn't the draft budget been released for review? If the rate was in the budget, wouldn't that defeat the secrecy of the event to prevent arbitrage? ‘

I've seen numbers of 180 trillion dinars that are attached to the 2014 budget, that would indicate that the rate is not in the budget, no country has a budget of 180 trillion dollars. (If the rate was 1-1)

You're right, guru's in the past have linked the rate to past budget's, and budgets come and go without the RV. Anything's possible, this is Iraq, but I haven't seen any evidence in the budget submitted suggesting an RV.  Let me know what you think, respectfully, Mike.

HandOverFist:  Okay now! That's more like it. I knew you said something about the budget and the RV (budget written at new rate). I just didn't remember it exactly right. Thanks Tla

Mally:    thought there was something about them needing to do budgets two years at a time according to the imf to be article 8 compliant?  This is the first budget post chapter 7 sanctions and it  would just make sense to me that they would do their monetary reform before the budget is passed but they dont always do what makes sense to me.

Tlar:  Mike,  That is an interesting question to which I can only speculate.  I also saw that and you are correct.  I came out about a week or two after the budget was written. 

Were it me that was in charge and I had to release it but at the same time I wanted to keep it silent, I would have asked the FC to produce a dummy  version for the press showing the same allocations at the presnt rate of 1166 and that's what I would have given the press. 

It sounds deceptive but the numbers would be right but would be transposed to reflect the 1166 instead o9f the new rate.  Just my speculation Mike as is alot about this investment.

If we had all the answers, there would be no questions.  It is only when they open the budget will we really know.  I am coming to my conclusions on the outcome by those three articles only.  Tlar

LuckyLady:  The budget first and then the RV or vice versa has been bantered about for an awfully long time.  Tlar's conclusions make as much sense as any of them do and I don't pretend for one minute to know whose correct or not.

I'm just wondering if they open the budget and there is no RV shortly thereafter.....then what??  What could we possibly be waiting on then, besides a stable government and how long will it have to be "stable"

Tlar:   The order doesn't matter if I'm right.  They go hand in hand and one will closely preceed or follow the other.  If they don't I haven't got a clue where this goes from there. 

They have to be tied together or my whole premise is wrong.  Unacceptable to me.  They are tied together or for sure there will be no tlar left by the time they pick my bones clean.  Tlar

Luckylady:     Well, I can't think of anything more distressing than the thought of your bones being picked clean so here's to a budget and an RV or vice versa. It doesn't really matter to me.
Thank you tlar.
PreacherMan:   Tlar, I also believe they are tied together, I dont believe we will see a rate until the budget is passed.

I also feel that the rate has to come at at a set rate, from there we will either see the strength of the dinar or the weakness.

I also feel the rate, to meet the projections, has to be a rate to reckon with. 3 plus