Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ISIS in Iraq stinks of CIA/NATO ‘dirty war’ op

thegente

http://rt.com/op-edge/168064-isis-terrorism-usa-cia-war/

ISIS in Iraq stinks of CIA/NATO ‘dirty war’ op

photo1.bn.jpg

William Engdahl is an award-winning geopolitical analyst and strategic risk consultant whose internationally best-selling books have been translated into thirteen foreign languages.

Published time: June 24, 2014 10:22
iraq.si.jpg

Iraqi Kurdish forces take position near Taza Khormato as they fight jihadist militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) positioned five kilometers away in Bashir, 20 kms south of Kirkuk (AFP Photo / Karim Sahib)

For days now, since their dramatic June 10 taking of Mosul, Western mainstream media have been filled with horror stories of the military conquests in Iraq of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, with the curious acronym ISIS.

ISIS, as in the ancient Egyptian cult of the goddess of fertility and magic. The media picture being presented adds up less and less.

Details leaking out suggest that ISIS and the major military ‘surge’ in Iraq - and less so in neighboring Syria - is being shaped and controlled out of Langley, Virginia, and other CIA and Pentagon outposts as the next stage in spreading chaos in the world’s second-largest oil state, Iraq, as well as weakening the recent Syrian stabilization efforts.

Strange facts

The very details of the ISIS military success in the key Iraqi oil center, Mosul, are suspect. According to well-informed Iraqi journalists, ISIS overran the strategic Mosul region, site of some of the world’s most prolific oilfields, with barely a shot fired in resistance. According to one report, residents of Tikrit reported remarkable displays of “soldiers handing over their weapons and uniforms peacefully to militants who ordinarily would have been expected to kill government soldiers on the spot.”

We are told that ISIS masked psychopaths captured “arms and ammunition from the fleeing security forces” - arms and ammunition supplied by the American government. The offensive coincides with a successful campaign by ISIS in eastern Syria. According to Iraqi journalists, Sunni tribal chiefs in the region had been convinced to side with ISIS against the Shiite Al-Maliki government in Baghdad. They were promised a better deal under ISIS Sunni Sharia than with Baghdad anti-Sunni rule.

According to the New York Times, the mastermind behind the ISIS military success is former Baath Party head and Saddam Hussein successor, General Ibrahim al-Douri. Douri is reportedly the head of the Iraqi rebel group Army of the Men of the Naqshbandi Order as well as the Supreme Command for Jihad and Liberation based on his longstanding positions of leadership in the Naqshbandi sect in Iraq.

In 2009, US ‘Iraqi surge’ General David Petraeus, at the time heading the US Central Command, claimed to reporters that Douri was in Syria. Iraqi parliamentarians claimed he was in Qatar. The curious fact is that despite being on the US most wanted list since 2003, Douri has miraculously managed to avoid capture and now to return with a vengeance to retake huge parts of Sunni Iraq. Luck or well-placed friends in Washington?

The financial backing for ISIS jihadists reportedly also comes from three of the closest US allies in the Sunni world—Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

US passports?

Key members of ISIS it now emerges were trained by US CIA and Special Forces command at a secret camp in Jordan in 2012, according to informed Jordanian officials. The US, Turkish and Jordanian intelligence were running a training base for the Syrian rebels in the Jordanian town of Safawi in the country’s northern desert region, conveniently near the borders to both Syria and Iraq. Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the two Gulf monarchies most involved in funding the war against Syria’s Assad, financed the Jordan ISIS training.

Advertised publicly as training of ‘non-extremist’ Muslim jihadists to wage war against the Syrian Bashar Assad regime, the secret US training camps in Jordan and elsewhere have trained perhaps several thousand Muslim fighters in techniques of irregular warfare, sabotage and general terror. The claims by Washington that they took special care not to train ‘Salafist’ or jihadist extremists, is a joke. How do you test if a recruit is not a jihadist? Is there a special jihad DNA that the CIA doctors have discovered?

isil.jpg

Militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) parading with an Iraqi army vehicle in the northern city of Baiji in the in Salaheddin province. (AFP Photo / HO / Youtube)

Jordanian government officials are revealing the details, in fear that the same ISIS terrorists that today are slashing heads of ‘infidels’ alongside the roadways of Mosul by the dozens, or hundreds if we believe their own propaganda, might turn their swords towards Jordan’s King Abdullah soon, to extend their budding Caliphate empire.

Former US State Department official Andrew Doran wrote in the conservative National Review magazine that some ISIS warriors also hold US passports. Now, of course that doesn’t demonstrate and support by the Obama Administration. Hmm...

Iranian journalist Sabah Zanganeh notes, "ISIS did not have the power to occupy and conquer Mosul by itself. What has happened is the result of security-intelligence collaborations of some regional countries with some extremist groups inside the Iraqi government."

Iraq’s Chechen commander

The next bizarre part of the ISIS puzzle involves the Jihadist credited with being the ‘military mastermind’ of the recent ISIS victories, Tarkhan Batirashvili. If his name doesn’t sound very Arabic, it’s because it’s not. Tarkhan Batrashvili is a Russian - actually an ethnic Chechen from near the Chechen border to Georgia. But to give himself a more Arabic flair, he also goes by the name Emir (what else?) Umar al Shishani. The problem is he doesn’t look at all Arabic. No dark swarthy black beard: rather a long red beard, a kind of Chechen Barbarossa.

According to a November, 2013 report in The Wall Street Journal, Emir Umar or Batrashvili as you prefer, has made the wars in Syria and Iraq “into a geopolitical struggle between the US and Russia.”

That has been the objective of leading neo-conservatives in the CIA, Pentagon and State Department all along. The CIA transported hundreds of Mujahideen Saudis and other foreign veterans of the 1980s Afghan war against the Soviets in Afghanistan into Chechnya to disrupt the struggling Russia in the early 1990s, particularly to sabotage the Russian oil pipeline running directly from Baku on the Caspian Sea into Russia. James Baker III and his friends in Anglo-American Big Oil had other plans. It was called the BTC pipeline, owned by a BP-US oil consortium and running through Tbilisi into NATO-member Turkey, free of Russian territory.

Batrashvili is not renowned for taking care. Last year he was forced to apologize when he ordered his men to behead a wounded ‘enemy’ soldier who turned out to be an allied rebel commander. More than 8,000 foreign Jihadist mercenaries are reportedly in ISIS including at least 1,000 Chechens as well as Jihadists Saudi, Kuwait, Egypt and reportedly Chinese Uyghur from Xinjiang Province.

Jeffrey Silverman, Georgia Bureau Chief for the US-based Veterans Today (VT) website, told me that Batrashvili “is a product of a joint program of the US through a front NGO called Jvari, which was set up by US Intelligence and the Georgian National Security Council, dating back to the early days of the Pankisi Gorge.”

Jvari is the name as well of a famous Georgian Orthodox monastery of the 6th century. According to Silverman, David J. Smith—head of something in Tbilisi called the Georgian Foundation for Strategic and International Studies, as well as the Potomac Institute in Washington where he is listed as Director of the Potomac Institute Cyber Centerr—played a role in setting up the Jvari NGO.

Silverman maintains that Jvari in Rustavi, near the capital, Tbilisi, gathered together Afghan Mujahideen war veterans, Chechens, Georgians and sundry Arab Jihadists. They were sent to the infamous Pankisi Gorge region, a kind-of no-man’s lawless area, for later deployment, including Iraq and Syria.

Batrashvili and other Georgian and Chechen Russian-speaking Jihadists, Silverman notes, are typically smuggled, with the assistance of Georgia’s Counterintelligence Department and the approval of the US embassy, across the Georgia border to Turkey at the Vale crossing point, near Georgia’s Akhaltsikhe and the Turkish village of Türkgözü on the Turkish side of the Georgian border. From there it’s very little problem getting them through Turkey to either Mosul in Iraq or northeast Syria.

Silverman believes that events in Northern Iraq relate to “wanting to have a Kurdish Republic separate from the Central government and this is all part of the New Great Game. It will serve US interests in both Turkey and Iraq, not to mention Syria.”

Very revealing is the fact that almost two weeks after the dramatic fall of Mosul and the ‘capture’ by ISIS forces of the huge weapons and military vehicle resources provided by the US to the Iraqi army. Washington has done virtually nothing but make a few silly speeches about their ‘concern’ and dispatch 275 US special forces to allegedly protect US personnel in Iraq.

Whatever the final details that emerge, what is clear in the days since the fall of Mosul is that some of the world’s largest oilfields in Iraq are suddenly held by Jihadists and no longer by an Iraqi government determined to increase the oil export significantly. More on this aspect in an upcoming article.

More links:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/14/america-s-allies-are-funding-isis.html

http://www.crescent-online.net/2014/06/us-saudi-funded-isis-spreads-terror-in-iraq-crescent-onlinenet-4513-articles.html

• Upvote 1

It's their bread and butter WM13...a good movie to watch about this is "The International" with Clive Owen....delves into how the banks like to keep countries in debt forever even after the conflict has ended.

Another good movie about that is "Apologies Of An Economic Hit Man" done by John Perkins.

It has English subtitles for the Spanish parts... it also goes into the situation in Iraq quite a bit around min 50.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm fine with the CIA screwing around with Iraqi politics. Looks like they are doing a good job of it. Bravo CIA!

And I am fine with the banks making money off war.

You're fine with animals busting into people's homes and killing whole families

simply because they attend a different denomination?

You're fine with these ISIS animals crucifying Christians?

You're fine with animals that force hundreds of UNARMED men to lay down in a ditch

And then shoot them?

THAT'S MESSED UP!

• Upvote 8

Another good movie about that is "Apologies Of An Economic Hit Man" done by John Perkins.

It has English subtitles for the Spanish parts... it also goes into the situation in Iraq quite a bit around min 50.

Great movie, if you haven't seen it people you need to.

Wm13

We are more sophisticated than that, or should be. This ain't so much a CIA thing as it is a Saudi Black Ops, Sunni for Sunni,

Sunni vs. Shia thang. They are not stupid as the Saudis will put our finger print on this by using our equipment and training and

give it to ISIS for their agenda. ISIS is afterall a Sunni organisation formerly known as Al Qaeda in Iraq.

We are more sophisticated than that, or should be. This ain't so much a CIA thing as it is a Saudi Black Ops, Sunni for Sunni,

Sunni vs. Shia thang. They are not stupid as the Saudis will put our finger print on this by using our equipment and training and

give it to ISIS for their agenda. ISIS is afterall a Sunni organisation formerly known as Al Qaeda in Iraq.

Which the US Military and CIA Started and supplied to fight the Russians.

Wm13

Yeah, LadyGrace'sDaddy, I believe the ends justify the means, in this case. Guilty as charged.

I have said before that I supported the Iraq War, for my own reasons. That too involved a lot of killing the innocent and the guilty. So I have already come down on the "sometimes you have to be a bastard" side.

The money I make on the Dinar, will be stained with innocent human blood. As will yours be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

You realize that you're defending the crucifixion of Christians as a legitimate reason

for achieving a goal?

That's just pure evil.

Maggie, I would have expected more from you than that.

And the only, "holiness",I have is found in Jesus Christ.

The only righteousness I have, is from Jesus Christ.

While your led by Lucifer. And that you have proven yourself.

Rochester

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

lol, you sure are dumb, ladygrace'sdad

I was doing no such thing. I'm just realizing that in the real world, good and evil are mixed in together. Sometimes in the pursuit of what you think is the right thing to do, there is unavoidable collateral damage. You might not want it to be, but it happens anyway. I have no desire to kill Christians. I have no desire to kill Muslims either. Unfortunately, Muslims got killed in this war. I regret that. And Christians got killed in this war, as a direct consequence of things I supported, and their repercussions. I regret that also.

<shakes his head in disbelief>

You sure you ain't funning me? You are getting dumber every post.

Almost not worth talking to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Also, in case anyone reads this and thinks I am insulting ladygrace'sdad in a way that is not justified, by calling him stupid: consider this: Read his post above. The man just said I was under the control of Satan. This from a man who claims to be religious and to take religion seriously, as I do. What an incredibly insulting thing it was to say to me, that I was being controlled by Satan, ladygrace'sdad.

You really should apologize.

I am a moral person so that's a pretty big insult, LGD.

That is why I said you were dumb. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I thought that you calling me evil and controlled by Satan was just because you were a bit slow in the head, and didn't understand the point I was getting at, rather than you being malicious.

Whereas you gave me no benefit of the doubt. You just said I was controlled by pure evil.

That's a pretty big personal insult, also quite stupid, on your part. And really personally malicious, if I took it literally.

But don't worry. I don't take it to heart and am not hurt by it. I believe you are not really malicious. Just not overly bright, and you react to things in an unthinking way, and lash out with personal venom using religion to attack people you disagree with, because you don't know any better. And that is the honest truth.

Edited by Rochester
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're a liar. You say you're not offended yet you rail on. You're the one who clearly

said in this thread that ISIS is justified as a means to an end. I simply pointed out that

Your, "means", crucified Christians, which you clearly have no problem with. But like

All liberals you resort to name calling in a poor attempt to provoke me into saying

something I shouldn't. You resort to name calling because , as with all liberals, when

Confronted with the truth your brain is NOT capable of intellectual debate.

Reality is when you condone the brutal murder of ANY HUMAN BEING you do so

from an evil persuasion. Again, you condoned it here, twice.

Furthermore, as with all liberals, your reading comprehension skills seems somewhat

lacking. I've NEVER claimed to be RELIGIOUS.

Quite the opposite. I have very little to do with religion. I do claim to be filled with the

Holy Spirit of God. Washed by the blood of Christ.

Therefore, I submit to you a word from God, cast not your pearls before swine.

Mods I sincerely apologize for the direction that this thread has taken. And I submit

on my honor not to reply to Rochester again.

I have grown weary of these events, and have noticed that evil liberals have taken

control of this site. This is the best place for information concerning dinar, and I will

continue to read, nevertheless, I find these types of arguments are not beneficial

for the faith of God's people nor the edification of anyone here.

I will only post when moved by the Spirit. Enjoy your victory, Rochester, but in the end

anyone who rejects Jesus Christ will lose.

• Upvote 5

I'm fine with the CIA screwing around with Iraqi politics. Looks like they are doing a good job of it. Bravo CIA!

And I am fine with the banks making money off war.

I strongly disagree with this statement Rochester. ^^^^^^^^^ I denounce everything they are doing.

LGD not in this thread... but many other times I have seen you cheer on what the banksters/CIA are doing.

"Kill Those Evil Muslims"!!! "Rid the planet of Islam"... Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

When you do that you are supporting what they are doing too.

We do have a responsibility in all of this if we continue to support them.

To call Rochester out as being driven by Satan... is being very judgmental and not very Christian

To hide behind Christianity and support the Banksters is not right either... JMHO 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

looks like what we have here, is a failure to communicate...no wonder Washington is broken......liberals and conservatives can't talk to each other, without someone getting in a tantrum. Oh well, I wish you well, ladygrace'sdaddy.

@Maggie123, thanks.

I may be wrong about the banksters. I don't know that much about it.

Until human beings figure out ways to solve their problems without violence, countries will finance wars, and banksters will make money off it. It is likely that they push war, so they can make money. Good old capitalism. Republican President Dwight Eisenhower did warn us of the power of the Military-Industrial Complex. I guess they can't keep going without money, which means bankers.

In the case of Iraq, I believe the Americans and the CIA are behind the insurgency in Sunni territory, and that this is needed to re-balance political power in Iraq, because the Shiites were not listening. I believe the CIA got to some Iraqi Generals, caused them to defect, and to leave Kurdistan, which helped solve the problem over that territory. And out of this will come a re-balance of the political forces in Iraq, with Maliki out, the Sunnis will get more money and power, and the Kurds will get more territory and control of Kirkut. These are some of the main logistical problems to overcome, in stabilizing the country and pushing forward the revalue of the Dinar, imo.

So I support what the CIA is doing over there.

As to the larger question of the role of banksters in promoting war, I remain open to change. If institutions evolve to settle manage without conflict, I'd support that. But I can't see that happening, in my lifetime. I think we are stuck with war, and so stuck with banksters. All countries just want to dominate all other countries. Humans are very competitive.

It may not be right, but until we find a better way, I think it just is.

But again, is the real problem the banksters? Or are they only responding to human needs? Maybe the problem is humans are aggressive. Or maybe that can be modified through time, with changing our way of looking at life, and our institutions. But with all the hatred between Christians and Muslims, and Jews, I can't see that happening any time soon.

And that means, more war, more banks making money off war.

If you come up with any links about the problem, I'll have a look, thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@everyone who is conservative, or Republican, or religious in a way I am not: I don't mind that you think different than me. It's fine with me. In fact I prefer diversity of thought. I don't expect to change anyone's mind. I don't expect everyone to think alike. In fact I pop by the site, because people here do not think all alike. There are strong individual opinions here. That is good, imo. I am not one of those people who just feel comfortable among people who reinforce my worldview, and make me feel secure. I prefer people who question my worldview, and are strong enough in their own opinions, to do just that.

In the end, I do have strong opinions, but I'm a live and let live guy.

Keep believing what you believe. Your beliefs don't bother me, the fact that they are different than mine.

My philosophical view of truth is that we all have part of the truth, no one holds the whole truth. Some may have more of the truth at one time, but that's debatable. I don't think the truth comes down to one thing, or one person, or one set of political beliefs, or even one religion, and certainly not only one sect of a religion, with a narrow interpretation of religion or reality. The search for truth is eternal. Truth may remain the same, but we are finite creatures, cannot grasp more than a tiny bit of it, so we keep searching, in our feeble attempts, all of us. We are human.That is why I believe in diversity of thought.

Every man or woman makes up their own mind, but hears the whole.

Thanks.

ps: that even includes ladygrace'sdaddy!

• Downvote 3

Rochester, by the way, that's the city my son was born in (Rochester, NY) Anyways, I would like to say:

Truth IS the WORD of God. Jesus IS THE WORD. So, if you don't believe Him, or THE WORD, you are in trouble.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

Why is Day capitalized? Research it, only time in scripture where Day is capitalized is when it is talking about Christ!

Because it is Christ!

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

John 10:1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers." 6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them. 7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. 17 Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."

God is in control, No matter what I think, you think or anybody else thinks, we have nothing to do with it! God has planned this out from the beginning. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning to the end! He knows what is going to happen, and when. He is the Creator of all that is! He is the great I AM! Christ had the power on the cross to call on legions of angels to save Him, but He didn't. Why? Because He knew His Father (God) was listening to Him, His son. He rose again from the dead on the 3rd day. Glorifying God and blessing us all who believe. Sins are washed away, you are now Holy if you believe in Him. Gone forever so you can appear as white as snow on Judgement Day.  God has made His sacrifice for all! Yashua Ha Mashia. Jesus the Christ!

• Upvote 2