Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ISIL removes cross from Mosul cathedral

If your father is in heaven, then what do you call your male biological parent, (assuming that parent is still alive)? If we are supposed to honor our father and mother, and the father is in heaven, who and where is the mother?

/s off

Christianity can and does reform. Islam can't and will never reform.

Only one place in the bible that I know of that Jesus did not speak in Parable and spoke in the literal to his disciples. That was the time he told his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword. Jesus was for peace but knew force when needed was necessary. This is why I continue to say(have for many many years) Jesus never said to lie down and die for your enemy. 

Just think of all the wars and unnecessary killings of people in the name of religion. I have respect for all people's beliefs for they have the right to pray to whatever God they wish while leaving me be. It seems silly to me that we as people think we have the right to tell someone else what to believe. Not an Atheist or anything I just see all the crazy behavior in the name of god. People are so passionate that their God is the right God that their willing to act in a way completely counter to what they profess they believe. Even to the point they will kill someone else.

We are a crazy bunch aren't we?

If this RV's I'm moving to an island and everyone can kill each other while I get a tan watching my wife run around in a bikini.

Thesus,

I called my biological "father" Dad, he died 14 years ago. Call my mother mom.

You need to go back to the Word, and the definitions of the words used in both the Hebrew and the Greek. It can mean both, but it's the context that it's used in. In honor your father and mother (earthly -carnally), it means your parents. As Christ used it when talking about it in the spiritual sense (as in being born again) you have only One Father, in Heaven (He is obviously talking about God the Father). Father in Hebrew is Strong's #1. In the Greek where Christ is talking about Father God is Strong's #3962 (II) it's capitalized and means God the Father. It's context and Capitalization. Some words in both languages can have dual meanings sometime, in many languages actually.

Spiritually, I believe and can prove it by scripture that the Mother in the Holy Trinity is the Holy Spirit. Like in man's normal carnal family who is the comforter? The woman (wife), spiritually then you have the Father (God) (the disciplinarian - husband) The Holy Spirit (the Comforter - Mother) and the Son (Christ Jesus).

I love going back to the original Hebrew and Greek through the Interlinear Bible and a Strong's concordance. I've had many revelations doing that.

Christianity and religions may reform, but God's Word doesn't. I would rather classify myself as a follower of the Christ Yashua / Jesus, the Lamb of God.

There are several places in the Word that Christ spoke plainly one that comes to mind is Matthew 24 when the disciples asked about His coming. Put it down pretty clearly.

I agree with you about not laying down for your enemy, but it has to be according to hearing God's voice. Two examples, one in either direction.

1. God told the Hebrews to go into Cannan and kill every living thing. They didn't, bad things happened

2. The prophet came to the king and told him to surrender to Babylon and they would be taken away in security, he refused, his sons were killed and his eyes were put out.

It's about hearing God's voice, obeying His commands.

Wm13

Waterman13:

Your Question: As a born again Christian I have sinned in my walk with Christ. The sins I confess now are those which mainly occur in my mind and those I am ignorant of, this has taken 30 years of fasting and prayer to reach. My struggle now is to be completely obedient to the will of God in all things. Such obedience only comes about by intense fasting and many struggles.

I will get to the question about St. Luke when I have some time to pull my material together.

I hate to be a pain, but would you mind listing (bullet points) what you consider to be the deceptions in the Eastern Orthodox Church? (apart from icons) This would help me prepare greatly for what is about to come....

Thanks...

Edited by ATHIM

Waterman13: 

I saw the videos on the Pope. As he is Italian and his words have to be translated I can't say I know for sure what he said. Certainly we must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. As you stated yourself Christ will say to many, "I never knew you" so there is an understanding that leads to failure, I would side with him to the point that we cannot interpret all things alone, faith experiential growth and the guidance of learned people, especially those who understand what the Apostles understood are critical to a meaningful spiritual life and conciliatory guidance. So I would agree that we do not only experience Christ alone, we experience Him in the company of the faithful as well. Unfortunately I do see a great apostasy heading for the Church of Rome and perhaps he is as St. Malachy prophesied, the last Pope.
Edited by ATHIM

ATHIM, I'll try, but I'am not that up on their doctrine, but they follow a lot of rules and doctrines of the "church", Ill try:

1. It teaches that it is the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church established by Jesus Christ in his Great Commission[6] to the disciples almost 2,000 years ago. (these are from from wikipedia) Each self-governing body (autocephalous jurisdiction), often but not always encompassing a nation, is shepherded by a Holy Synod whose duty, among other things, is to preserve and teach the apostolic and patristic traditions and related church practices. Like the Catholic Church, Anglican Communion, Assyrian Church of the East, Oriental Orthodoxy and some other churches,

(I have a serious problem with churches that allow women to teach men as pastors, leaders of the church, just read the other day that the Anglican Church of England is no allowing women to be Bishops. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

(Totally against Paul's writings.)

2. They use the same symbology that the "church" does. They are even in my opinion into Masonry, which is a cult. Notice the decoration just above his head and a little right, in the center is a pyramid. Same thing ll the obelisks in Rome, DC, NYC, London, etc.  

Crud, sorry this thing won't let me post a .jpg

I'll see what else I can find.

That's all that comes to me right now.

Wm13

Edited by waterman13

on a personal note, if none of you have been to Jerusalem, i strongly suggest you go there before your lifetime ends.  it was the greatest trip of my life.  one thing that fascinated me is the "Dome of The Rock".  i learned there just how close we are to world war III.  it was explained by our tour guide that the tension is great surrounding this area (The Temple Mount) that if an Israeli were to do any type of work on this area, all out war could break out.  i have never experienced another place like Jerusalem.  during one hour of the day, loud speakers atop some buildings would sound and islamic prayers would begin.  later the speakers would sound for the prayers of judaism.  and the Western Wall experience made me internalize my own personal dedication to fasting and prayer.  To see all of those men and women wrapped in prayer clothes praying for hours rocking back and forth so focused and concentrated on God was AMAZING.  

i could go on and on but if you haven't gone and you are thinking about it....do it!  it will change how you literally view the world outside of America.

Trinity, there was a time that I would have traveled anywhere without too much fear.  Now, it's not likely I would visit this places in my life time. Including Israel and Jerusalem to name a few.

The way I feel about what is going on political and  economically mixed with the power struggles of the nations, I don't even want to get on a plane to fly to the US. Who knows who's going to shoot down another plane.

There is so much more hate in this world than when I was growing up.  How can that be?  I thought we were moving to a more "enlightened" and understanding society.  All we do is live with fear and stress everyday of our lives. I can't even watch the news anymore.

• Upvote 1

Trinity, there was a time that I would have traveled anywhere without too much fear.  Now, it's not likely I would visit this places in my life time. Including Israel and Jerusalem to name a few.

The way I feel about what is going on political and  economically mixed with the power struggles of the nations, I don't even want to get on a plane to fly to the US. Who knows who's going to shoot down another plane.

There is so much more hate in this world than when I was growing up.  How can that be?  I thought we were moving to a more "enlightened" and understanding society.  All we do is live with fear and stress everyday of our lives. I can't even watch the news anymore.

Goldie I feel the same way......I have always looked forward to traveling but now its like it feels so dangerous .  The world feels unsafe.  And dont get me started on the news "psychological terrorism" at its best.

I think.,  no., I'm certain., the hate has always been there...  we need to educate ourselves more on

the teachings of radical Islam and how early it starts.  I am absorbing all I can and will become active

and speak out on any push of Islamization in my area. I should hope all do the same. 

Sites to learn from:  

https://www.facebook.com/ClarionProject

https://www.facebook.com/tarekfatah?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Islam-Exposed-The-truth-about-radical-Islam/458698164152194

I am speaking here of radical Islam, as many families are of decent, moral and loving nature., that is 

why I like Tarek Fatah., he sees the ugliness speaks out against it.  

Also a very compelling talk by this brave young woman can be found on TED talks:

"Your FATWA does not apply here"