Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Israeli government lied, manipulated teens’ deaths, to wreck Palestinian unity

umbertino

July 14 2014

It turns out the the Israeli government knew almost immediately that the three teenagers kidnapped June 12 in the West Bank had most likely been killed. Officials also quickly identified the likely kidnappers/killers. These individuals were known to be operating independently of the Palestinian Hamas organization. But instead of acknowledging these things publicly, the right-wing government issued a gag order barring reporting of any details about the investigation. Then it lied to the public. A nationwide emotion-laden "Bring Back Our Boys" campaign was launched, with a massive military search-and-destroy operation in the West Bank, titled "Brother's Keeper." From Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on down, Hamas was linked to "Satan" and targeted for attack. The aim? To use the opportunity to wreck the recently formed Palestinian unity government and thereby divert any pressure for an Israeli peace pact with the Palestinians.

Israeli journalist Noam Sheizaf said in a June 19 Facebook posting (in translation) that the gag order was being maintained in order to "preserve the local and international legitimacy for the policy objective in the areas (breaking down the unity government)" aimed at Hamas - it was "manipulation" of the media, and the media accepted it. In a later article, Sheizaf called it "large-scale public manipulation," saying, "The government-led campaign calling for [the youths'] release helped the legitimacy of Israel's military operation in the West Bank. Local and even international media played along."

On the night of the kidnapping one of the teenagers, Gilad Shaer, 16, managed to place a 2-minute call to Israel's emergency phone number. After hours of delay that are now the subject of hot dispute, the recorded message got to Israeli security services the next morning. On the tape, writes J.J. Goldberg of the Jewish Daily Forward, Shaer "was heard whispering 'They've kidnapped me' ('hatfu oti') followed by shouts of 'Heads down,' then gunfire, two groans, more shots, then singing in Arabic. That evening searchers found the kidnappers' abandoned, torched Hyundai, with eight bullet holes and the boys' DNA. There was no doubt."

But officials lied even to the victims' families, telling them that the shots heard on the tape were blanks, and that no DNA was found on the burnt car.

The government "maintained the fiction that it hoped to find them alive as a pretext to dismantle Hamas' West Bank operations," Goldberg writes.

Haaretz military correspondent Amos Harel, writing on June 20 and pushing the boundaries of the gag order, hinted that the military believed the youths were dead because its operation in the West Bank days after the apparent abduction had nothing to do with the missing teens. In fact, according to the article, even Israeli military personnel felt the operation was targeting Hamas rather than really helping find the kidnapped teens.

Daniella Peled, an editor at the Institute for War and Peace Reporting and a regular contributor to Haaretz, wrote, "As well as taking advantage of the horrific murder of three Israeli teenagers to torpedo the Palestinian unity government and cut a swathe through Hamas, Israel's government also used them as a particularly shoddy way of shoring up the bond between Israel and the Jewish Diaspora."

Beyond this, says Goldberg, Netanyahu's inflammatory rhetoric "raised expectations that after demolishing Hamas in the West Bank he would proceed to Gaza. Hamas in Gaza began preparing for it. The Israeli right - settler leaders, hardliners in his own party - began demanding it." Israeli media reported that the government was readying plans to call up reservists for a possible ground re-invasion of Gaza.

Thus began the cycle of rocket firings from Gaza into Israel and massive Israeli aerial attacks on Gaza, leading to wide condemnation of Israel for its disproportionate use of force and mounting destruction of civilian lives, homes and infrastructure in the densely populated Gaza Strip. While no deaths have been reported in Israel as a result of the rockets from Gaza, some 200 deaths have been reported in Gaza, including families, old people and children.

In a July 11 statement, the Communist Party of Israel said, "[T]he real motivation of Netanyahu's administration was never to achieve security for the people of Israel but solely to obstruct the Palestinian unity government and absolve itself from responsibility for the failure of the peace negotiations.

"The present assault on Gaza also serves the Israeli government in yet another two ways: (1) it reconsolidates Netanyahu's coalition in times of domestic unrest ... and (2) it puts all questions of poverty, inequality, racism, sexism,  and discrimination off the table, and marginalizes all struggles for social justice and democracy

"Everybody knows now that Netanyahu and his co-bullies in the government and the military were aware that the three young settlers were murdered on the very first day they were kidnapped. What was the cause of Israeli invasion and mass arrests in the West Bank if not to set the whole region on fire and promote the said goals?"

operation520x300.jpg

Photo: Israel soldiers conduct the so-called "Brother's Keeper" operation in the West Bank, June 17, days after government officials knew the teenagers were dead. Israeli Defense Forces/Wikipedia

http://www.peoplesworld.org/israeli-government-lied-manipulated-teens-deaths-to-wreck-palestinian-unity/

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Nice play on words..............Hamas is a terrorist organization no matter how you slice the pie!

Israel is surrounded by enemies who want nothing more than to wipe them from the face of the earth.

Palestinians use their women & children's deaths in an attempt to show the world that Israel is the bad guy!

Want peace? Israel is willing to talk. Kick out Hamas & show the world that YOU want peace! Simple!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for bringing the article 'Tino.

Seems most of the world knows what really happens inn rothschildistan.

Too bad most Americans are just too effin' stupid to get it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

flatdog, someone negged you so, I evened you out. I wish everyone would read the book the "Struggle for the Birthright" by Stephen Jones. Really so eye opening things about the Holy Land.

Here's a link to the site of his books:

http://www.gods-kingdom-ministries.net/teachings/books/

Please take the time and read this people, it's good information about true history not crap you've been fed by the Zionists.

Wm13

Governments are masters of the lie: Palestine and Israel may have lied to protect the regular people (?) from the truth (as they see it).  Truth is at a premium in government, media, religion, and business.  

Pilate's question of "What is truth?" could have been ask today.  He was not speaking of any philosophical search but for reality in the world of political and social upheaval under his own reign.  The Jews had lied about Jesus and political manipulation was going on between himself (Pilate) and Herod, a progressive, liberal Jew.  

Pilate didn't know what to believe because lying was one of the tools used by all parties.  

From the beginning of organized religion, government, and business lying has been around.  

The first sin was Satan's lie about the forbidden fruit, "you shall NOT die" if you eat the fruit!  From then on it has been in the tool chest for all of us.  

I get to a point that I question anything that is said; even what I say, I question.  Am I really telling the truth?  Is that what really happened or am I exaggerating?  Am I protecting my own backside by what I said?  After all, it is so easy to do we don't even know we are lying.  

Things have not changed.   I have no idea who is tell the correct story.  Everyone is to blame. I do know that to make things right, the truth better be coming from my own mouth.  If I can get control of my own tongue, then it might spread to another and another until just a movement might begin.  

I am very skeptical about the source of this post.  I MAY be correct, but who knows?  I think we all need to be skeptical about everything we read on the forums, the press, the internet, the media, and especial those claiming to be "in the know."    

Nelg,

Great analogy here... and you are correct, things haven't changed!

It is so disheartening to see these people and countries just so ravaged by evil... and don't get me wrong, America has it's fair share as well. We may just live to a day where the U.S. is looking like the Middle East so, for now we should all thank our Heavenly Father for every day he blesses us with that we don't have to wake up to what those poor people do.

As for Israel and the Palestinians specifically I don't agree with what either of them are doing, however, I do feel that Israel honestly thinks they are doing the right thing by mass bombing them in order to make it all stop but, obviously those who are out to destroy a whole nation out of pure hatred and under complete satanic control will NOT stop.

What kind of people use their own women and children as human shields and then blame the one's they attacked for it and cry about how their civilians are being killed? SICK and EVIL!

Ephesians 6:12, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Nice play on words..............Hamas is a terrorist organization no matter how you slice the pie!

Israel is surrounded by enemies who want nothing more than to wipe them from the face of the earth.

Palestinians use their women & children's deaths in an attempt to show the world that Israel is the bad guy!

Want peace? Israel is willing to talk. Kick out Hamas & show the world that YOU want peace! Simple!

Hammas was duly elected by the people. Therefore, like them or not, they are legit as far as the PALS are concerned. Being a Jew, I have a FEW folks I know (they are NOT my friend, mind you) that tell me what they think of the ORGINIAL people there and of other folks. They are extremely racist and judgmental of others. They joke about Christians and make fun of the average "stupid American" (even thou some are American citizens). My last talk with one such "Nazi" was that Isreali's can do anything they want to the people living there because "Look at what we have accomplished in the desert! Before us, there was only sand. Now, we make the land productive. This gives us the right!!!"

As you can see from the other posts, the MENTAL-Illness called ZIONISM isnt restricted to only Jews (I, for one, am strongly anti-zionist), but all people who think Isreal can do anything it wants to whomever.

Read the article about the guy with the bad wheelchair.. Why? We give money to that place to bomb kids, not take care of our own.

Dunno, just saying....Shalom

• Upvote 3

Thanks for bringing the article 'Tino.

Seems most of the world knows what really happens inn rothschildistan.

Too bad most Americans are just too effin' stupid to get it.

Yep. People believe the Zionist Propaganda machine no matter what is said. Think Israeal is our friend? Just ask a USS Liberty survivor about that "friendship". They will stop at NOTHING to get what they want and many Americans support that place over their own country. Sickening. American FIRST, Jew someplace down the line..........Dunno, just saying.......

• Upvote 3

Think Israeal is our friend? Just ask a USS Liberty survivor about that "friendship". Dunno, just saying.......

Ask Rachel Corrie or Furkan Dogan.

Edited by flatdawg
  • Upvote 1