Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DV's Revbo Uncovers A Catch 22 Whereby Maliki Risks Arrest To Stay In Power !

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting Maliki's Paradox !

7-16-2014   Newshound Guru Tlar   Comment - the President of parliament and both his deputies have been voted in. Tomorrow [Wednesday] they work on the President of Iraq and his Vp's. That should take no more than a couple of days to get done. Then move onto the PM position. Maliki seems to have a problem. He was asked to leave parliament because he was not sworn in. He can't be sworn in while he is the acting PM of the previous government. He has to resign first before he can be sworn in. If he resigns he knows he could be arrested. Catch 22. Once the PM position is up for grabs, he will not be eligible if he doesn't resign and get sworn in. Gees, what's a dictator to do. Has he been alphonsed by the system. If he resigns he looses his immunity. All the new speaker would have to do is postpone the meeting one day not allowing for him to be sworn in and he would be exposed without immunity.  This thought was brought to you by a friend named Revbo. I think it is dead on. 

7-15-2014   Newshound Guru Tlar   While we have mostly concentrated on the politics of Iraq, the CBI has been forging ahead. The rate is under their control and meets the IMF requirement to move to an Article VIII currency. Article VII means a currency that can be traded globally. Once the government  is set the budget will be the first order of business.  The budget can be voted on before they vote a new PM in but the way things are moving the new PM should be in place by the first part of next week IMO.   The CBI has stated since the beginning that the reserves are out of country being held at banks around the world and will be brought back home once the government is set. It is my belief that the reserves were being protected not from the ISIS, but from Maliki.  

7-15-2014   Newshound Guru Tlar    In any event Turki also said over a month ago, "if the government were put together (settled) he would do it today when speaking of monetary change." The CBI has said on numerous occasions that prices are firm in the market and that the dinar was strong during this period.  He has continued with BUSINESS AS USUAL just waiting for the government as we have been.  THEY ARE READY AND WAITING.

7-15-2014   Newshound Guru Stryker  An Historical Day Took Place in Iraq Today.  Today in Parliament saw MP Salin-al, a Sunni elected as Speaker of the Iraqi Council of Representatives, then later today the First Chair Speaker went to Haider Abadi from the State Law Coalition.  The Kurds ended the parliament day with their own Aram Shelkh Mohammed winning the Second Speaker Chair, now the President process starts.  We have witnessed the start of the formation of the New Government in Iraq and there are signs the process will not be stopped.  You may want to tell the people that think nothing happens during Ramadan to think again.  I really like where we are right now folks.

• Upvote 10

Ha! Thanks, y'all. I'm not so sure, anymore, that's how it is, but it's nice to be appreciated. Thanks for not thinking of me as a guru. Even though I may be wrong, a lot, I don't sell dinars and have never been dishonest with anyone.

• Upvote 9

Whys this in the rumor section

If like to read up on this part where he has to resign before he can be sworn in for a reelected post

Any one know where that says that

I'm looking for when he resigned in 2010 before he got sworn in

I can't find anything about resigning then getting sworn in

Maybe there is no link that's why it's in the rumor bin

• Downvote 1

I hear ya reVbo

I was reading some of that yesterday too

I couldn't figure out what they were talking about

I tried to find that scenario in 2010 after his 2010 election

Couldn't find a trace

I read something about formal charges haven't been filed

I'm lost on this

Govts get immunity on things when they are in executive positions

Ya can't kill someone

But you can order executions

Go to war

Order dead or alive orders

You can order your military to go kill a bunch of bad guys , no trial nothing , just go kill em

• Upvote 1

Ha! Thanks, y'all. I'm not so sure, anymore, that's how it is, but it's nice to be appreciated. Thanks for not thinking of me as a guru. Even though I may be wrong, a lot, I don't sell dinars and have never been dishonest with anyone.

Texas1 And Umbertino Are Wrestling Each Other Out In The DV Parking Lot 

For Ur Guru Tiara Since U Stated That U Don't Want It ! :o

funny-emergency-tiara-hospital.jpg

:D      :D      :D

• Upvote 1

I hear ya reVbo

I was reading some of that yesterday too

I couldn't figure out what they were talking about

I tried to find that scenario in 2010 after his 2010 election

Couldn't find a trace

I read something about formal charges haven't been filed

I'm lost on this

Govts get immunity on things when they are in executive positions

Ya can't kill someone

But you can order executions

Go to war

Order dead or alive orders

You can order your military to go kill a bunch of bad guys , no trial nothing , just go kill em

Yeah, there's nothing about it. Believe me, I looked hard, because I was having this argument with Enorrste at DA, and I would love nothing more than to pull one over on ole Steve one of these days. If Maliki did resign, last time, there wouldn't be any news about it, though, because it would have just been a formality, and probably wouldn't have lasted more than a few minutes before his 2nd oath of office. My thinking was, they kicked him out of parliament yesterday because he had not yet taken the oath and is a currently sitting member of the government, and according to the constitution, he cannot hold two offices at the same time. What I was missing was, apparently, the prime minister does not have to first be a member of parliament, so theoretically, the same could happen this time, whereby he just takes another oath and never loses his immunity. I still think they're gonna get him out, though. Most of the "source" articles, the last few days, have leaned toward just about everybody wanting him gone with very little response from Maliki's side, and here's only a few days left in Sistani's verbal semi-private ultimatum. If Maliki doesn't go by that deadline, I would assume Sistani will dispense with the pleasantries and go public with it. After that, it should get really interesting because Maliki's base listens to Sistani. 

Texas1 And Umbertino Are Wrestling Each Other Out In The DV Parking Lot 

For Ur Guru Tiara Since U Stated That U Don't Want It ! :o

funny-emergency-tiara-hospital.jpg

:D       :D       :D

They're gonna have to wrestle my five-year-old daughter for it. She tries to put that feathery guru tiara on my head almost every night lately.

• Upvote 3

I thought Maliki was still prime minister

And they would want to speed up the process to get rid of him

But if he was going to serve again then it doesn't matter how long they take

They can just keep delaying it then blame Maliki for the delay they are responsible for

Do you think Iraq doesn't have a prime minister right now or is Maliki prime minister till he hands over power

I thought Maliki was still prime minister

And they would want to speed up the process to get rid of him

But if he was going to serve again then it doesn't matter how long they take

They can just keep delaying it then blame Maliki for the delay they are responsible for

Do you think Iraq doesn't have a prime minister right now or is Maliki prime minister till he hands over power

Maliki is caretaker prime minister right now because Parliament has not elected a new one yet. So, I guess my answer is yes and no. He's kinda like Clinton, I suppose, would have been if it had taken the Supreme Court until after Jan 20, 2001, to decide between Bush and Gore. He would have stayed president, just to have someone there, right? Whatever. Whoever would have occupied the office of the president during that time, that's basically what Maliki is right now.

Edited by ReVbo

Revbo,

actually....your catch 22 makes a lot of sense.... :bravo:

• Upvote 3

Revbo,

actually....your catch 22 makes a lot of sense.... :bravo:

It makes sense, but if Maliki doesn't have to first be sworn in as an MP, does he ever lose immunity? I think Enorrste is right, and I just missed it yesterday. I thought the Prime Minister has to first be a Member of Parliament, but I'm pretty sure Maliki is not an MP, and I don't believe the PM necessarily has to be an MP first. He's the leader of the Dawa Islamic Party, just like Hakim is the leader of ISCI, and Allawi is the leader of Iraqiya (or whatever he's calling it these days), although not MPs, themselves. I don't know if he has to formally resign before being sworn in again, if he manages to pull off a third term, but I don't believe he does.

• Upvote 1

Seriously

Did you ever hear of anybody anywhere that got reelected that had to resign so they can be sworn in again

I have never heard of such a thing in my 56 years

If an elected official runs for another office higher up

They must resign first in some states because they can't hold two offices at once

So if Maliki is already prime minister he won't be holding two offices at the same time.

Buy like McCain the senator ran for president and didn't have to resign unless he was elected president

Then he would have to resign as senator before he could be sworn in as president

But he doesn't have to resign to re run for senate seat only a different office from the senate

• Upvote 1

I am following this and have been thinking about a few items:

1) Why was Maliki seeking emergency government powers about two weeks ago? What was his fear or plan that required him to have these powers outside of commander and chief authority?

2) Are there impeachment opportunities?  If so, are there enough votes now with the new MP's?

3) Didn't Maliki order media to be removed from Parliament? If it was him, how could he do this if he was not a member of parliament?

4) How could the Chairman of Parliament kick the PM out of Parliament unless he was not rightfully authorized to be there? So, all that has to happen to end the PM's reign is for the President to name the next PM??? If this is the case, where does the issue of having immunity come in?

Just some thoughts...

Edited by moneysoon

Seriously

Did you ever hear of anybody anywhere that got reelected that had to resign so they can be sworn in again...

I'm not a Political Science major but I do know that when you reenlist as a member of the armed forces you receive an honorable discharge in addition to your reenlistment contract.  In theory the service member is momentarily released from active duty before they take the oath of enlistment and resume their service.  Perhaps it is the same for politicians - if you never leave office, how else could you be sworn in again?

• Upvote 2