Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki leaves the parliament session at the request of one of the House of Representatives

yota691

15/07/2014 12:35
23429.jpg?width=400&crop=auto

BAGHDAD / obelisk: detecting a parliamentary source said on Tuesday that Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki left the hearing at the request of the House of Representatives one.

The source said the "obelisk" "Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and Vice President for Energy Affairs Hussain al-Shahristani, ministers left the meeting of the Council of Representatives because of a claim that the House of Representatives as lawmakers is because they did not perform their constitutional right."

The head of Age in the House of Representatives demanded Mehdi al-Hafez, on Tuesday, is to leave the House of Representatives of the parliamentary session, with the exception of some of the characters

The Council of Representatives of Iraq, on Tuesday, its third meeting under the chairmanship of Mehdi al-Hafez and the presence of 207 deputies.

A source parliament, on Tuesday, for the agreement of the political blocs to nominate Salim al-President of the Parliament and Haider Abadi, first deputy speaker of the Council and Aram Sheikh Mohammed, a second deputy.

• Upvote 3

12:58:15 / 07/2014

xendannews2012B.jpg

Khandan - Ali Naji left the Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and the ministers and governors meeting of the Council of Representatives allocated for the election of the Speaker and his two deputies. reported a parliamentary source told the reporter, "Khandan", said al-Maliki and his cabinet ministers and governors pulled out of today's meeting, at the request of one of the House of Representatives to President Age Mehdi al-Hafez. source noted that al-Maliki and the ministers and governors currently hold executive positions and is not permitted to participate in the vote on the election of the Speaker and his two deputies.

• Upvote 2

Morning Yota and DV,

Thanks Partner for bringing a fresh batch of hope today. May the force with you be.  It's good to see they are trucking along and the old man of the House is getting tired of shenanigans. Have you ever seen a determined old man... this week is far from over.

• Upvote 1

Out-Maliki and his cabinet ministers from the chamber after objecting to their presence

Thursday, July 15, 2014 13:09

b_280_189_16777215_0___images_idoblog_up

[baghdad - where]

Out of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and his ministers with the Hall of the House of Representatives where the voting process for the selection of a speaker and two deputies.

According to a parliamentary source told all of Iraq [where] that the emergence of al-Maliki and the ministers was at the request of deputies of Kurdish blocs and other blocs because they did not perform their sworn deputies are not entitled to legally participate or attend the voting process in the election of the Speaker. "

He added that "al-Maliki and his deputy, Hussein al-Shahristani and other ministers who attended the meeting came out with Hamayatem Hall of Parliament."

The House of Representatives was held today under the chairmanship of its President of the Age Mehdi al-Hafez and in the presence of [207] deputies and devoted to the election of the Presidency of the Parliament in the process of conducting a secret ballot to elect one of the two MPs and Salim al Sunrise Alabegi candidates for the presidency of the parliament. Ended 14.

After the Kurdish claim Maliki leaves Parliament

By Adminmo 7/15/2014 03:14 | Views: 1

Font Size: font_decrease.gif font_enlarge.gif
NB-105119-635404931552742725.jpg

Brother - Baghdad

Left the leader of a coalition of state law, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and his cabinet ministers and governors Hall of Parliament after a request by the deputies of the Kurdistan Alliance because they "did not perform the constitutional oath." 

said the reporter Agency for News News (et al) , "The Kurdistan Alliance MP Mohsen Saadoun asked House Speaker older Mehdi al-Hafez to order the departure of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and his cabinet ministers and governors of the dome legislature because they did not perform the constitutional oath. " 

added the source, who asked not to be named, said "al-Maliki to leave the session on the back of that claim." 

The Council of Representatives of Iraq , on Tuesday (July 15, 2014), its third meeting under the chairmanship of the oldest member Mehdi al-Hafez and the presence of 207 deputies, to choose a parliament speaker and his two deputies. 

put Hafiz, call MP from the Union of the national forces, Salim al, and MP for the coalition of civil Sunrise Alabegi to vote in order to choose one for the Presidency the new parliament at the third meeting, which was held today.

• Upvote 1

Minister al-Maliki and leaving the parliament session at the request of the Kurdistan Alliance

9599.jpg?width=650&watermark=4

House of Representatives

recommend-button2.png Like 0
Font Size:
APlus.png
A-.png

Author: ah Editor: hl Reporter:

Number of readings: 1523

15/07/2014 13:26

Tomorrow's Press / Baghdad: left Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and a number of ministers, on Tuesday, the parliamentary session at the request of the Kurdistan Alliance.

The reporter said, "Tomorrow's Press," said, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and a number of ministers left the parliament session at the request of the Kurdistan Alliance.

The correspondent added that, reason out is the lack of sworn deputies they are still working in the government.

The Council of Representatives, on Tuesday, its assessments for the election of the Presidency of the Council in the presence of 250 deputies and headed by Prime Age Mehdi al-Hafez.

http://alghadpress.com/ar/news/16703/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%8A-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D8%B2%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D9%8A%D8%BA%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 1

14717.jpg?width=400&height=300&crop=auto

Prime Minister outgoing Nuri al-Maliki during a parliament session held on the first, Wim Tuesday (the first of July 2014) Photo / Mahmoud Raouf

Minister al-Maliki and withdraw from the parliament session and Abadi single candidate for the post of First Deputy Speaker of Parliament

Author: BS, MK 
Editor: BS 07.15.2014 twelve thirty-fivenumber of readings: 1208 

Long-Presse / Baghdad

A source parliamentary early on Tuesday that Prime Minister outgoing Nuri al-Maliki and the ministers walked out of the session of the Parliament to elect a speaker and two deputies, as has been nominated MP for the coalition of state law, Haider al-Abadi as the sole candidate for the National Alliance for the post of first deputy head of the parliament.

The source said in an interview with the (long-Presse), "The vote on the selection of a new speaker began the existence of the candidates are Salim al and Sunrise Alabegi," noting that "the Prime Minister outgoing Nuri al-Maliki and the ministers walked out of the session devoted to the election of the Speaker and his deputies after a request from A House of Representatives to the President of Age Mehdi al-Hafez al-Maliki and the fact that ministers are still in government work. "

The source, who asked not to be named, said: "We hope to choose MP Salim al-President of the Parliament in the presence of political consensus of all the political blocs."

The head of the House of Representatives older Mehdi al-Hafez opened the voting for the position of Speaker of the House after the nomination of an alliance of national forces (Union) MP Salim al for the post.

The Hafiz, that "the vote will be across the ballot box and not electronically or by show of hands to be an absolute majority."

The Iraqi Council of Representatives held on Tuesday (July 15, 2014), its third meeting of the fourth session of Parliament, headed by President older Mehdi al-Hafez and the Prime Minister outgoing Nuri al-Maliki and the presence of 207 deputies, the county coalition of national, led by Iyad Allawi, as witness the meeting swearing The two deputies to vote on the parliament speaker and his two deputies.

The Prime Minister outgoing Nuri al-Maliki, on Tuesday (July 15, 2014), to the building of the Iraqi parliament, while holding a closed door meeting with the leaders of the National Alliance in the presence of Salim al, to run after the State of Law Coalition MP Haider al-Abadi for the post of first deputy.

The President of the House of Representatives older Mehdi al-Hafez, decided on Sunday, (July 13, 2014), to postpone the meeting of the Council of Representatives of the second to the fourth session on Tuesday, at the request of the National Alliance for not resolving some blocks position of a candidate for the presidency of the parliament and his two deputies.

http://www.almadapress.com/ar/news/33979/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%8A-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D8%B2%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D9%8A%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%AD%D8%A8%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84

Edited by Butifldrm

Y'all, I'm still trying to figure this out so don't hold me to it, but I think they may have Maliki in a legal jam here that might just bring this to a resolution. The last article posted by Buti in this thread indicated Maliki was asked to leave, and leave he did, in a big hurry, because he currently occupies an executive office and can't be in parliament until he takes a new oath of a parliamentarian. That gives him a big problem, if true, because it means he has to resign from the current prime ministership in order to run for the office again. Between his resignation and the next session of parliament, he would lose his immunity. He can't just stay caretaker forever, so if my interpretation is right, and again, I'm not making any guarantees, parliament just outmaneuvered the dictator, and this may just be the end of the line for this guy.

How crazy would it be if Maliki went down over a technicality? If I'm right, this would be tantamount to running Obama off on the birth certificate thing.

Here's a contribution from my friend, Schiz, a Brit, and a former member of the British military who served in Iraq:

Schiz:

I was thinking how can M turn up and be turned away, how can that happen, he is the current pm, head of caretaker government etc etc.

It's cos he is just an ACTING pm, he has no rights in parliament, I don't think he has even stepped down and made himself a pm, been voted in so he can even be put up for pm spot again, has he?

M has been holding on to what power he can because he knows he will lose it all but he has lost it anyway. He can't do nothing, he cant even go in to parliament and disrupt those sessions now.

M is done, I have been waiting for it to hit me as to how it was going to happen. This is it.

M has to step down handing power of governance to parliament, he needs to be sworn in as a member of parliament and then and only then he can be the candidate for the next pm.

As soon as he does, it's over for him. I'm pretty sure they can just choose someone else for the pm spot can't they?

SOL are saying M but he cant even be legally nominated right now can he? he's not even a member of parliament.

He's just some lame dead duck pm trying to hold on to power in a care taker government.

Man i've gone off on one here and am probably completely wrong but surely this makes sense and is how it works, isn't it?

I was just reading, usually a caretaker government in elections is only ever run by the last pm when that pm isn't running again. If the current pm is running again the power goes to the new parliemtn until such a time the pm position is agreed upon and the vote is taken.

Sorry for the weird black background. I copied it from another site, and it does that. 

• Upvote 9

I hope this is what we have been waiting for.

So here is my thought......if the Kurds asked him to leave.....and he conceited....then are the Kurds in charge of Parliment at this time????

If so we know that everyone likes to follow who is in charge...so can anyone follow what I am saying here? If the Kurds get more votes...and they are in charge of Parliment for the next four years....who gets to elect a PM??? Will they elect a Kurd friendly official?

OK back to My Chi tea...I used up all my thoughts and need caffine

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Excellent deduction ReVbo!  What happened today in Parliament was definitely part of a well orchestrated plan.  Maliki just got the Slam Dunk and he didn't even see it coming.   :bravo:

Here's Yota from another thread. Kind of thinking along the same lines. Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to beat Yota to the punch, and I did not. 

Yota:

OMGoodness Mr. M just had the slick willie pull on him...and the gang....by refusing to not show up on the first session and not being sworn in which they claim of being the one with the most vote....made them to be ineligible to participate in the process....OMGoodness....WOW....this is just IMO ... :) 

The only thing I would add to that is, Maliki is currently ineligible, but if he resigns and takes a new oath at the next parliamentary session, he can become eligible. The only problem with that is, if he resigns, he loses immunity, and that's the end of the road for him.

Edited by ReVbo
  • Upvote 5

Here's Yota from another thread. Kind of thinking along the same lines. Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to beat Yota to the punch, and I did not. 

Yota:

OMGoodness Mr. M just had the slick willie pull on him...and the gang....by refusing to not show up on the first session and not being sworn in which they claim of being the one with the most vote....made them to be ineligible to participate in the process....OMGoodness....WOW....this is just IMO ... :) 

Thanks Revbo...Butifldrm and I were on the Phone..talking this out...earlier and it seems  Mr. M  has screwed up...big time...

• Upvote 7

I'm not sure how the Iraqi Constitution reads as compared to other parliamentarian forms of government, but ReVbo's observation makes an excellent point.

And maybe it's how he will get the boot.

Interesting twist. Gotta love it.

Thanks, ReVbo.

• Upvote 1

I agree. He better start making his way to the airport to get out of town while he still has a chance.... :eyebrows:  :butt-kicking:

The only thing I would add to that is, Maliki is currently ineligible, but if he resigns and takes a new oath at the next parliamentary session, he can become eligible. The only problem with that is, if he resigns, he loses immunity, and that's the end of the road for him.

Thanks Revbo...Butifldrm and I were on the Phone..talking this out...earlier and it seems  Mr. M  has screwed up...big time...

I think y'all are right. Dang, just when I think I'm on to something, you two get up at the crack of dawn and beat me to it. 

I'm not sure how the Iraqi Constitution reads as compared to other parliamentarian forms of government, but ReVbo's observation makes an excellent point.

And maybe it's how he will get the boot.

Interesting twist. Gotta love it.

Thanks, ReVbo.

This is one of those things that we would have put into the constitution, specifically to ensure that a sitting prime minister is never able to usurp the office and squat, like Maliki is doing currently. If this is really what's happening, it's a stroke of parliamentary genius. Can't have the past prime minister presiding over a government when the new parliament is already seated and in session, so anything Maliki's GOI sent to parliament would be illegal, and as long as Maliki occupies the PM seat, absolutely nothing can, legally, happen. No budget, no laws, no funding for anything. I can't imagine the parliament is going to tolerate that for very long.

• Upvote 6