Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

One nation under God

Heavyduty053

Yes that was our motto from years past, yes years past when people really was concerned about what their children was being taught and what kind of person they were aligning themselves with as a mentor. People are slowly sinking into a don't care mode, "To much stress they say". Parents are literally shoving their kids aside to grow and think what they want as long as they get out of their hair.

One Nation under God, really, more and more people could care less and the younger generations don't even know about God and why he matters and what effect he has on each life. How can parents teach their kids right from wrong when they don't even know themselves. Even adults have set aside wanting to learn about what's right and just for our country that we live in, much less go to church. God has been shoved aside and his voice has become so small that people will not be able to hear him when he is about to signal life's end.

Millions of people are Godless, meaning they have chosen to live a life without God. I have always said even an Atheist must know there is a higher power because in my thinking, one cannot be against something unless he knows that there is something to be against. People are passing out of this life every day slipping into an eternity of unknown darkness because they wasn't taught, because they were taught and chose to take life's way. Free will of choice, key factor God give us to decide for ourselves if each person wanted to be associated with him or not. He is saddened each time one of his creation slips into the bonds of eternity without at least trying to understand who God is.

One nation under God, I can remember when America was proud of this motto and the rights and wrongs of the people were way less than what they are now. Laws were obeyed, churches taught morals along with love, the govt of this nation was for the most part governed with integrity. Now flash forward, kids grow up in gangs, kill their friends, parents homes has no place for God, Church doors are being shut because no one comes, schools and teachers are trying to teach everything that was is wrong. We have a runaway govt, they are neither productive or useful. This nation has 460 million reasons that God would like to hold a rightful place in each heart given the chance and in return he would pour out the blessings of Heaven on our nation and in each life. The sins of each person and our nation can be forgiven but only through admittance and repentance. But the truth is this: America as a nation has forgotten even the original laws was hammered out of Gods commandments. God is looking down, he see's how corrupt and careless his creation has become. He is slow to anger but rest assured he is going to correct what man has broken one day soon.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Well said Heavy

2 Kings 17:13 NKJV
Yet the Lord testified against Israel and against Judah, by all of His prophets, every seer, saying, "Turn from your evil ways, and keep My commandments and My statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by My servants the prophets."
2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Matthew 13:15 NKJV
For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.'

Wm13
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I know I am going to get flamed for this but here goes.

Does anyone really understand what this nation was founded upon? Has anyone researched the founding fathers and their beliefs? An open minded study of these two questions will cause much confusion among many Americans. The founding fathers were fleeing a government much like what many propose the "One nation under God" means. Many also believe this anthem was part of early America. It wasn't. It is a relatively recent addition. This great nation was founded upon religious freedom. This means freedom for all religion. I don't care for or support a Satanist. I will, however, go to my grave defending his right to his belief. The narrow minded insistence on Christianity and Jehovah is a HUGE part of the problem with the right in the US. There are many who generally support the policies of the right but fear the repression of freedom embraced by many on the right. To my mind, most Christians are only slightly better than the jihadists. They won't take my life but they want my freedom.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The narrow minded insistence on Christianity and Jehovah is a HUGE part of the problem with the right in the US. There are many who generally support the policies of the right but fear the repression of freedom embraced by many on the right. To my mind, most Christians are only slightly better than the jihadists. They won't take my life but they want my freedom.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/181583-one-nation-under-god/#ixzz36MfuH0AJ

Two sides of the same coin.

First the crusades now the jihadists.

Same old same old.

Kill those that do not think like you?!

I am Christian. catholic convert to be precise.

I do NOT want your freedom. I do not even know you. The Christian bible has the 10 commandments. I do not know what the Koran has. Love you neighbor as yourself seems to be pretty good directions to me.

Another would be do to others as you would have them do to you.

Long and short of it is "be considerate" of the other humans around you.

A very difficult task for me personally. But I do try.

All fall short of the sacrifice Jesus made.

I hope my life will be the kindergarten drawing on gods refrigerator.

For a change that is my humble opinion.

P.s. Waterman I have no idea why someone would neg you for posting scripture.

You can have one of my emeralds.

Edited by Muleslayer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The narrow minded insistence on Christianity and Jehovah is a HUGE part of the problem with the right in the US. There are many who generally support the policies of the right but fear the repression of freedom embraced by many on the right. To my mind, most Christians are only slightly better than the jihadists. They won't take my life but they want my freedom.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/181583-one-nation-under-god/#ixzz36MfuH0AJ

Two sides of the same coin.

First the crusades now the jihadists.

Same old same old.

Kill those that do not think like you?!

I am Christian. catholic convert to be precise.

I do NOT want your freedom. I do not even know you. The Christian bible has the 10 commandments. I do not know what the Koran has. Love you neighbor as yourself seems to be pretty good directions to me.

Another would be do to others as you would have them do to you.

Long and short of it is "be considerate" of the other humans around you.

A very difficult task for me personally. But I do try.

All fall short of the sacrifice Jesus made.

I hope my life will be the kindergarten drawing on gods refrigerator.

For a change that is my humble opinion.

P.s. Waterman I have no idea why someone would neg you for posting scripture.

You can have one of my emeralds.

Thank You Mule...I believe that is how most Americans feel... which tells me that God is alive and well in America.

Great Posts Waterman, Dragon and DinarMillionaire... many emeralds and a sincere Happy 4th of July to all.  :tiphat: 

Let me ask you something: If another person spat on your name, cursed you beyond measure, stopped the very name you stood for....how long could you look at them and smile with love in your heart. Not very long, this is the human side of us, we do have limits. God and Jesus endures this every waking hour from people all over the earth......Seems its not important any more to teach people that God is more than a God of LOVE. The Scriptures mention that if one continues to live a sinful life at some point he is going to turn you over to a reprobate mind and leave you unto your self..........People he and he along holds the very next moment, the very next breath you need to live and at some point in time those breaths and moments will fade away. We all have sinned and fell short of the glory of God. Seeing and feeling God turn away would be the most scariest feeling man could have.

• Upvote 4