Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Boots-on-the-Ground” Info Found From An Outside Source

carlablum

“Boots-on-the-Ground” Info Found From An Outside Source 5/8/10

May 8, 2010 · I see a great deal here and I too am here on the ground in Iraq but I would like to say first of all that while I do speak with the locals, (LN) for short, I rely little on what is told me by them.As some of you have seen I posted a statement on this site a little while ago and was met with very kind words, that I do appreciate. One thing that I do see regularly here is a lot of hype and what I would like to say is what I see and what I hear and feel. First of all I arrived here in 2004 at a time that this country was dead. It was in a totally shattered state. When we would leave the wire fire fights were common to the point of two to three per time spent outside the wire was the norm and not the exception. Roads were almost completely non-existant, people were begging for simple things, for instance water and MRE (Meals Ready to Eat). As time continued things began to improve, for example vehicles began to appear more and more but all was still very bad as a whole. By mid 2005 roads began to become more common but attacks were common as well. Things have gotten better as time goes on and I am sure most of you have little interest in the progression of time here. What most are concerned with here are the standards and what do they mean now.

In answer to that concern here is the answer. I travel greatly through central and southern Iraq by air mostly and some convoy as well and see things as they are. Towns and villages are springing up all over within the last three years. I have watched a strong farming culture developing, with vehicle traffic becomming more and more regular with some rather nice vehicles such as Mercades and Volvo cars present. Satalite TV systems are common place items on homes and black-outs have become more and more rare with the passing of time. Banks are opening on the different military bases and local businesses are moving onto those bases as well. On the base that I work we have Oriental, Mediterian and Itialian resturants opening all owned by the local economy which is not bad as I would have thought at first. Shopping malls are being built along with a strong tourism base realitive to what one would expect of a redeveloping country. Finally a financial base is building which is gaining strength. What you are no doubt hearing the dollar is not being used within Iraq so how are they paying for all of this progress…..

That is a great question and one that I personally do not have the answer other than to say in the beginning the dollar was the standard and was for a long time but not now. I have not seen any other, and I do mean any other, form of currency being used through the time that I arrived until now but the dollar and the dinar. Make no question, this country is coming to life and becoming stronger by the minute. what will happen in the future I have no idea but there is no comparision from when I got here and now other than to say night and day. I hope that this helps answer questions you may have.

• Upvote 12

May 8, 2010 · I see a great deal here and I too am here on the ground in Iraq but I would like to say first of all that while I do speak with the locals, (LN) for short, I rely little on what is told me by them.As some of you have seen I posted a statement on this site a little while ago and was met with very kind words, that I do appreciate. One thing that I do see regularly here is a lot of hype and what I would like to say is what I see and what I hear and feel. First of all I arrived here in 2004 at a time that this country was dead. It was in a totally shattered state. When we would leave the wire fire fights were common to the point of two to three per time spent outside the wire was the norm and not the exception. Roads were almost completely non-existant, people were begging for simple things, for instance water and MRE (Meals Ready to Eat). As time continued things began to improve, for example vehicles began to appear more and more but all was still very bad as a whole. By mid 2005 roads began to become more common but attacks were common as well. Things have gotten better as time goes on and I am sure most of you have little interest in the progression of time here. What most are concerned with here are the standards and what do they mean now.

In answer to that concern here is the answer. I travel greatly through central and southern Iraq by air mostly and some convoy as well and see things as they are. Towns and villages are springing up all over within the last three years. I have watched a strong farming culture developing, with vehicle traffic becomming more and more regular with some rather nice vehicles such as Mercades and Volvo cars present. Satalite TV systems are common place items on homes and black-outs have become more and more rare with the passing of time. Banks are opening on the different military bases and local businesses are moving onto those bases as well. On the base that I work we have Oriental, Mediterian and Itialian resturants opening all owned by the local economy which is not bad as I would have thought at first. Shopping malls are being built along with a strong tourism base realitive to what one would expect of a redeveloping country. Finally a financial base is building which is gaining strength. What you are no doubt hearing the dollar is not being used within Iraq so how are they paying for all of this progress…..

That is a great question and one that I personally do not have the answer other than to say in the beginning the dollar was the standard and was for a long time but not now. I have not seen any other, and I do mean any other, form of currency being used through the time that I arrived until now but the dollar and the dinar. Make no question, this country is coming to life and becoming stronger by the minute. what will happen in the future I have no idea but there is no comparision from when I got here and now other than to say night and day. I hope that this helps answer questions you may have.

Thank yo so much for your post, I appreciate it. thank again and god speed.

Carla, I LOVE hearing stories like this, if you have not seen me post it already, I AM A HISTORY LOVER, There will definitely be a Chapter written in my daughters history book in school about this time in Iraq (she is only 2). I just want to say Thank you for the post, its so heartwarming to hear positive, uplifting news come from Iraq!

Thanks for the post

Thanks for the post Carla, my son-in-law is in Iraq right now...so it is good to hear that the country is gettin on its feet as that just makes it safer and encourages the people to not put up with the nefarious terrorists...Wayne

Thank you for your service, you are a great American. I am also thankful to hear that the Iraqi people are advancing towards normality, that is what is all about. I would like to know more about the financial outcome of the smart card and the arrival of overseas good to Iraq, the convertion in the stores and what the people think of the political delays.

Thanks once again for your information and for your dedication and service to our Country. God Bless.

isn't this funny ... here's the original post, here at DV, by our own doc80904....apparently posted at another dinar site without appropriate reference, then brought back here as a post from outside source.

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

I see a great deal here and I too am here on the ground in Iraq but I would like to say first of all that while I do speak with the locals, (LN) for short, I rely little on what is told me by them.

As some of you have seen I posted a statement on this site a little while ago and was met with very kind words, that I do appriciate. One thing that I do see regularly here is a lot of hype and what I would like to say is what I see and what I hear and feel. First of all I arrived here in 2004 at a time that this country was dead. It was in a totally shattered state. When we would leave the wire fire fights were common to the point of two to three per time spent outside the wire was the norm and not the exception. Roads were almost completely non-existant, people were begging for simple things, for instance water and MRE (Meals Ready to Eat). As time continued things began to improve, for example vehicles began to appear more and more but all was still very bad as a whole. By mid 2005 roads began to become more common but attacks were common as well. Things have gotten better as time goes on and I am sure most of you have little interest in the progression of time here. What most are concerned with here are the standards and what do they mean now.

In answer to that concern here is the answer. I travel greatly through central and southern Iraq by air mostly and some convoy as well and see things as they are. Towns and villages are springing up all over within the last three years. I have watched a strong farming culture developing, with vehicle traffic becomming more and more regular with some rather nice vehicles such as Mercades and Volvo cars present. Satalite TV systems are common place items on homes and black-outs have become more and more rare with the passing of time. Banks are opening on the different military bases and local businesses are moving onto those bases as well. On the base that I work we have Oriental, Mediterian and Itialian resturants opening all owned by the local economy which is not bad as I would have thought at first. Shopping malls are being built along with a strong tourism base realitive to what one would expect of a redeveloping country. Finally a financial base is building which is gaining strength. What you are no doubt hearing the dollar is not being used within Iraq so how are they paying for all of this progress.....

Read more: #ixzz0nWk8eE9x

Thank you. my thoughts and prayers are with everyone there daily (Iraqis and Americans) it is so good to hear the progress and for you it should be especially satisfying to see your efforts come to fruition.

Stay safe and God Bless

Tracy

I am not sure what is so funny, as stated on the post it is from an outside source. From my experience in owning businesses and my respect for others, I do not like to patronize another site on the one I am dedicated to. If you prefer, I will state the site I read it on but I feel stating "an outside source" is sufficent. What do you need?

Blessings

isn't this funny ... here's the original post, here at DV, by our own doc80904....apparently posted at another dinar site without appropriate reference, then brought back here as a post from outside source. http://dinarvets.com...-whats-it-like/

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

I see a great deal here and I too am here on the ground in Iraq but I would like to say first of all that while I do speak with the locals, (LN) for short, I rely little on what is told me by them.

As some of you have seen I posted a statement on this site a little while ago and was met with very kind words, that I do appriciate. One thing that I do see regularly here is a lot of hype and what I would like to say is what I see and what I hear and feel. First of all I arrived here in 2004 at a time that this country was dead. It was in a totally shattered state. When we would leave the wire fire fights were common to the point of two to three per time spent outside the wire was the norm and not the exception. Roads were almost completely non-existant, people were begging for simple things, for instance water and MRE (Meals Ready to Eat). As time continued things began to improve, for example vehicles began to appear more and more but all was still very bad as a whole. By mid 2005 roads began to become more common but attacks were common as well. Things have gotten better as time goes on and I am sure most of you have little interest in the progression of time here. What most are concerned with here are the standards and what do they mean now.

In answer to that concern here is the answer. I travel greatly through central and southern Iraq by air mostly and some convoy as well and see things as they are. Towns and villages are springing up all over within the last three years. I have watched a strong farming culture developing, with vehicle traffic becomming more and more regular with some rather nice vehicles such as Mercades and Volvo cars present. Satalite TV systems are common place items on homes and black-outs have become more and more rare with the passing of time. Banks are opening on the different military bases and local businesses are moving onto those bases as well. On the base that I work we have Oriental, Mediterian and Itialian resturants opening all owned by the local economy which is not bad as I would have thought at first. Shopping malls are being built along with a strong tourism base realitive to what one would expect of a redeveloping country. Finally a financial base is building which is gaining strength. What you are no doubt hearing the dollar is not being used within Iraq so how are they paying for all of this progress.....

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz0nWk8eE9x

I am not sure what is so funny, as stated on the post it is from an outside source. From my experience in owning businesses and my respect for others, I do not like to patronize another site on the one I am dedicated to. If you prefer, I will state the site I read it on but I feel stating "an outside source" is sufficent. What do you need?

Blessings

by "funny" I meant more like "interesting" like isn't it funny ... your post here may have come from another dinar site, but the original message was posted HERE in DinarVets by doc80904; I think is it funny, or interesting, how the posts go round and round and come back to the original source. That's all, so it would be nice to know where something came from and who made the statements .. like "post by JOHN DOE on another site," etc. .... just something. No big deal, though.

by "funny" I meant more like "interesting" like isn't it funny ... your post here may have come from another dinar site, but the original message was posted HERE in DinarVets by doc80904; I think is it funny, or interesting, how the posts go round and round and come back to the original source. That's all, so it would be nice to know where something came from and who made the statements .. like "post by JOHN DOE on another site," etc. .... just something. No big deal, though.

I agree. It is because these posts make the rounds that those who cannot visit the site on a daily basis, get their facts all askew, ask the same old questions over and over again, and basically just cannot keep up with the real intell that may be provided. Perhaps if we knew who was taking our intell and putting it out there on other sites, it would answer some other questions about who is faithful to DV, whether it be VI or just the site itself.. JMO

• Upvote 1