Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prestigious Companies Register In Erbil Stock Exchange !

CNN. From The Valet Camel Parking At The ESX !

Prestigious companies register in Erbil Stock Exchange

Hemin Salih
BasNews, Erbil

b_haber_db9feb9014754b00b60fb21c65001730

The Arab Federation of Exchanges (AFE) has approved the request of the Erbil Stock Exchange (ESE) to join the AFE.

Following the participation of ESE in AFE’s annual meeting in Dubai on June 4th, ESE requested they take steps forward in confirming their membership in AFE.

The Chairman of ESE Abdulla Ahmad Abdul Rahim told BasNews that following AFE’s annual meeting, they looked through ESE’s CV and chose to accept their request based on their qualifications.

“Being a member of AFE will open doors for the members of ESE that they can benefit from the exchange through training, workshops, and market studies,” said Abdulrahim.

“By the end of the year the stock exchange will open if no problems present themselves. Buying and selling will be based on the shares of the companies and so far many prestigious companies have registered their names. It is also expected that most of the companies in the Kurdistan Region will be ready to participate in this exchange,” added Abdulrahim.

“Buying will be done in Iraqi Dinar and we don’t think the opening of the exchange will have an impact on increasing the value of Dollar or Dinar,” said Abdulrahim.

He also pointed out that AFE membership would increase to 18 when ESE is officially confirmed.

AFE was established in June 1978 to be the guiding body for the Arab stock exchanges, under the recommendation of the Arab Central Banks Conference, held under the auspices of the General Secretariat of the League of Arab States in Jordan.

http://basnews.com/en/News/Details/Prestigious-companies-register-in-Erbil-Stock-Exchange/24928

• Upvote 3

Abdulrahim said it all. Not what we are looking for.

The fact that he even mentioned the effect it may or may not have on the dinar speaks

volumes. I'm certainly not a Guinness here with respect to world markets but I do watch

what happens every day and I can tell you that when the Dow Jones increases in a

steady growth, the dollar index goes up. Indicating that markets do have an effect on

a nations currency.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I like Guinness. :)

The fact that he even mentioned the effect it may or may not have on the dinar speaks

volumes. I'm certainly not a Guinness here with respect to world markets but I do watch

what happens every day and I can tell you that when the Dow Jones increases in a

steady growth, the dollar index goes up. Indicating that markets do have an effect on

a nations currency.

Okay. I like what your saying, I sure hope so. I'm ready to get off this ride.

• Upvote 1

erbil...erbil...erbil...what does that tell us...kurdistan is the only province responsible for keeping the dinar stable, or rather the only ones that know how to manage their money and not steal all the wealth...they are successful...that's another thing......they have something to show for their investments...how bout you baghdad?   And the major corps are coming to erbil and setting up shop.  It's safe, secure, and a heck of a lot friendlier.  

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 2

Thanks DT...I'm still not convinced to what or who was behind the ISIS offensive...There's still too many major concerns why it escalated and who had what responsibility where that haven't surfaced. Iraqi top brass are leaving a trail of brass leaving the country.  This has a big thumb print on it and I'm not sure that we'll ever find the answers...The one thing that stands out the most to me is how the chips fell...it defiantly took years off the negotiations table that were at a stand-off...all the boundaries are now where each respectful tribe wanted theirs and now the stalled talks are freed up for when the new government can take over...They can all hold hands now while skippin' down the road singing,''Kumbiya''....   

• Upvote 1