Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi's coalition calling for a postponement of the parliamentary session

yota691

Allawi's coalition calling for a postponement of the parliamentary session

1-667253.jpg

Chairman of the Iraqi National List coalition Iyad Allawi (archive)

Friday, June 27th, 2014 - 21:55 GMT Abu Dhabi 

Abu Dhabi - Sky News Arabia

A coalition called the Iraqi National List led by Iyad Allawi, on Friday, to postpone the planned emergency session of parliament Tuesday, while a consensus on what he described as a national project to achieve the security and integrity of the country.

A statement from the coalition after a meeting of its leaders, he appeals to the "political process partners to postpone the first meeting of the House of Representatives, while the consensus on the project in order to achieve the national security and unity of Iraq.

According to the statement, the meeting stressed the need for political agreement before the first session of the House of Representatives, commensurate with the opening to the peaceful popular movement and ways to develop a solution to the crisis in order to prevent more serious consequences.

The Shiite cleric in Iraq, Ali al-Sistani had called earlier in the political blocs to agree on the selection of a prime minister and a president and a speaker before the council next Tuesday.

He said after the issuance of the presidential decree, which called for the convening of parliament on Tuesday to start the formation of a new Iraqi government that is required of the political blocs to agree on the "three presidents" during the remaining days before the deadline.

I have said from the beginning one major obstacle to progress in the ME cultural mindset of saving face ...I saw it in working with ME officers at Flight School and then again in the Corporate World...it is a crazy, insane thing that will actually make them head directly for disaster rather than to "lose face"....first M now A...but IMHO it is the same root problem... :shrug:

I thought this clown had gotten out of politics. Allawi is one of the worse about procrastnating legislation an getting things done. All this guy is worried about is postponing the parliament to give him time to campaign votes to be the PM. I'm hoping that the speech from the big preacher man yesterday will carry some weight with these elected officials. Sistani should have been more involved in the political side of the government of Iraq than he has been, in my opinion. He seems to have the right mindset about what needs to happen over there...