Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Good morning Iraq!!

cgbrown

Let's remember what we have been told about. Intel straight from Iraq, Adam, Sonny, Woody and many others have said don't believe it right off the bat because Iraq wants u to sell ur dinat back...makes sense, but I know, the anticipation is building and all the buzz keeps getting more exciting! Would also love some great news

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good post?

Sounds extremely presumptive and somewhat demanding.

The people over there have already given more than we could possibly ask of them.

Time for reports?

Sorry cgbrown, but who are you to say that it is time for reports?

I am currently renting my house to an Army officer that came back from Iraq several months ago.

We have never met, but have become friendly, and I have never had the nerve to ask him for a "report from over there".

• Downvote 4

This is not a Report but what I have seen and experienced in Iraq, then as a soldier (27 years retired) three OIF combat tours and now as a contractor supporting those I once was!

And Good Morning too, from Iraq! I have so…… much I could share but little time with the current drawdown of US Forces. Here are a couple short stories that will solidify your investment decisions in regards to purchasing dinar, ISX and Al Warka.

On 5 Jan 10, I opened an Al Warka count at branch 717, note: the branch is physically located on a Forward Operation Base (FOB). In opening my account I was apprehensive, curious and excited all at the same time. It was unlike any current US bank where you walk in, fill out the required paperwork ~ walk out with temporary checks in hand, three working days later you receive a debit card ~ and you’re off to the mall baby!

I can honestly say there was apprehension when hand over several thousand USD to and unknown individual knowing he didn’t speak English and my Arabic sucks! When I opened my accounts Saving/Checking IQD and USD the deposit was annotated by hand in a small blue ledger and given to me along with deposit receipts. All deposit or withdrawals are initialed by the branch manager and the “official” Warka stamp is placed on every receipt. When opening my account I requested a Warka Debit Card ($5 cost) and Warka e-Bank ($15 cost). In the back of my mind, I’m thinking “If I were investing with Bernard Madoff my money would be safer!”

When opening my accounts. I was told both my Warka Debit Card and e-Banking pin would be sent to the branch in 7 – 10 days. Well……5 weeks later I received my Warka Debit Card and pin #. I received my e-Banking instructions and pin via. email 2 weeks after that. The first thing I’m thinking is what good is this Warka Debit Card if I’m not in Iraq or can’t access a De La Rue machine. Note: all currency in my Warka account is IQD. For checks and balances I decided to purchase merchandize from AAFES using my Warka Debit Card ~ well it worked! The purchase when thought just like my Wells Fargo debit card. I will be testing my Warka Debit Card ~ internet purchase and when CONUS in about 7 weeks. I will keep everyone posted, if it works out side of Iraq.

Additional checks and balance, when initially logging on to my online Warka e-Bank and accessing my accounts I noticed 5,580,000 IQR missing or not deposited in my savings account. I immediately when to the Warka Bank with all my receipts and surprisingly the correction was made in one day.

Surprised at first, but there have been several occasions when I’m making a deposit and US Soldiers from the base finance company are exchanging USD for IQD. The GOI is forcing everyone to use IQD instead of USD. Why would Iraq force it’s currency to be circulated?  I will talk about ISX on later post.

Economically – Being unlucky to convoy and lucky to fly to various locations with in Iraq. The economic growth is mind boggling! The construction to rebuild AND build an infrastructure of highway networks, rail networks and international travel is well underway. You truly have to see it to believe it. Also, I will keep everyone posted on Iraqi First Initiative (IFI). The IFI is the gradual replacement of contractors with Iraqi citizens as all military bases are turned over to Government of Iraq (GOI). I hope you find this informative.

“Supporting Victory”

God, not my will, Your Will Be!

• Upvote 12

Good post?

Sounds extremely presumptive and somewhat demanding.

The people over there have already given more than we could possibly ask of them.

Time for reports?

Sorry cgbrown, but who are you to say that it is time for reports?

I am currently renting my house to an Army officer that came back from Iraq several months ago.

We have never met, but have become friendly, and I have never had the nerve to ask him for a "report from over there".

I am not being presumptive or demanding. I was simpy stating that it's been sometime since i'd heard directly from anyone who stated they were still in Iraq. IMO, people on the frontline are the best source of info.

I am aware of the tremendous sacrifice being given by those who serve our country , in Iraq. I fully support our troops and civilians who have put their life in harms way to protect our Freedoms. I would never undervalue their service in a trivial matter. I was simply seeking a dialogue for all our concerns. My apology if my post offended you or anyone in anyway.

• Upvote 1

This is not a Report but what I have seen and experienced in Iraq, then as a soldier (27 years retired) three OIF combat tours and now as a contractor supporting those I once was!

And Good Morning too, from Iraq! I have so…… much I could share but little time with the current drawdown of US Forces. Here are a couple short stories that will solidify your investment decisions in regards to purchasing dinar, ISX and Al Warka.

On 5 Jan 10, I opened an Al Warka count at branch 717, note: the branch is physically located on a Forward Operation Base (FOB). In opening my account I was apprehensive, curious and excited all at the same time. It was unlike any current US bank where you walk in, fill out the required paperwork ~ walk out with temporary checks in hand, three working days later you receive a debit card ~ and you’re off to the mall baby!

I can honestly say there was apprehension when hand over several thousand USD to and unknown individual knowing he didn’t speak English and my Arabic sucks! When I opened my accounts Saving/Checking IQD and USD the deposit was annotated by hand in a small blue ledger and given to me along with deposit receipts. All deposit or withdrawals are initialed by the branch manager and the “official” Warka stamp is placed on every receipt. When opening my account I requested a Warka Debit Card ($5 cost) and Warka e-Bank ($15 cost). In the back of my mind, I’m thinking “If I were investing with Bernard Madoff my money would be safer!”

When opening my accounts. I was told both my Warka Debit Card and e-Banking pin would be sent to the branch in 7 – 10 days. Well……5 weeks later I received my Warka Debit Card and pin #. I received my e-Banking instructions and pin via. email 2 weeks after that. The first thing I’m thinking is what good is this Warka Debit Card if I’m not in Iraq or can’t access a De La Rue machine. Note: all currency in my Warka account is IQD. For checks and balances I decided to purchase merchandize from AAFES using my Warka Debit Card ~ well it worked! The purchase when thought just like my Wells Fargo debit card. I will be testing my Warka Debit Card ~ internet purchase and when CONUS in about 7 weeks. I will keep everyone posted, if it works out side of Iraq.

Additional checks and balance, when initially logging on to my online Warka e-Bank and accessing my accounts I noticed 5,580,000 IQR missing or not deposited in my savings account. I immediately when to the Warka Bank with all my receipts and surprisingly the correction was made in one day.

Surprised at first, but there have been several occasions when I’m making a deposit and US Soldiers from the base finance company are exchanging USD for IQD. The GOI is forcing everyone to use IQD instead of USD. Why would Iraq force it’s currency to be circulated?  I will talk about ISX on later post.

Economically – Being unlucky to convoy and lucky to fly to various locations with in Iraq. The economic growth is mind boggling! The construction to rebuild AND build an infrastructure of highway networks, rail networks and international travel is well underway. You truly have to see it to believe it. Also, I will keep everyone posted on Iraqi First Initiative (IFI). The IFI is the gradual replacement of contractors with Iraqi citizens as all military bases are turned over to Government of Iraq (GOI). I hope you find this informative.

“Supporting Victory”

While the info on the Warka Bank is not surprising, it worries me. I have yet to fund my account. Their economy sounds promising. Thanks for the post! :)

This is good news and exciting JJ5754! Thank you for sharing and posting. It is only a matter of time... At some point the people will see and FEEL the results of freedom, and a momentum of progress and prosperity can be built... Maybe that can bring unity and pride to the people.

I have accounts and CD's with WARKA and I am relieved to not have USD. I do not necessarily trust my US banks either right now.

I am working on getting in on the ISX - before a RV I hope :)

This is good news and exciting JJ5754! Thank you for sharing and posting. It is only a matter of time... At some point the people will see and FEEL the results of freedom, and a momentum of progress and prosperity can be built... Maybe that can bring unity and pride to the people.

I have accounts and CD's with WARKA and I am relieved to not have USD. I do not necessarily trust my US banks either right now.

I am working on getting in on the ISX - before a RV I hope :)

If you have trouble setting up your ISX account Mohammad has been most helpful. Once your ISX authorization letter from Arab American Chamber of Commerce is returned look at the original signature, shows you the level at which this game is being played. You'll have to send in color (front and back) to isx@warka-bank-iq.com. Once you have your ISX trading number, contact me and I can help explain how to maneuver through the ISX webpage.

Mohammad K. Issa [ifrd@warka-bank-iq.com]

Deputy Managing Director

Senior Executive

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

"Supporting Victory"

“Supporting Victory”

Thanks for the info. And i apology if it offended you for me to ask these questions. But i have thought all along people in Iraq would know about the RV before anyone else. Thanks for your imput.

No apology needed. I don't even speculate on a date, I just know the dinar will RV at sometime just as Kuwait did. There are so many variables at play only USG, UN and GOI truly know the deal. I will say I feel it's sooner than later and by saying soon I'm saying a couple of years. However, being on the ground you can see the economic growth. We all have to understand Iraqis are very patient people and are in no hurry.

“Supporting Victory”

Good new...Thanks May our God keep you safe.

“Supporting Victory”

Great post! Thanks!

If you have trouble setting up your ISX account Mohammad has been most helpful. Once your ISX authorization letter from Arab American Chamber of Commerce is returned look at the original signature, shows you the level at which this game is being played. You'll have to send in color (front and back) to isx@warka-bank-iq.com. Once you have your ISX trading number, contact me and I can help explain how to maneuver through the ISX webpage.

Mohammad K. Issa [ifrd@warka-bank-iq.com]

Deputy Managing Director

Senior Executive

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

"Supporting Victory"

Thank you JJ5754... It would be great to have your assistance when I get my trading number - also to select stocks, etc. I had to send my passport for renewal

so as soon as it is returned to me, I will send the documents to the Arab Embassy and get things moving along. :)

Thanks again for all you are doing in Iraq and for our country. Good days are on the horizon...

God Bless...

FloridaChick

“Supporting Victory”

JJ5754

Thank you so much for your posts. With all do respect to other sources (incl. gurus), you information is what I prefer to put stock in. I am not as concerned with speculated dates as I am with actual trends withnessed by real people. Your experience and information with the bank is exactly what we need to know. It reminds me what banks used to be like here before everything was totally computerized and you would deal with a person rather than an automated system. We in the US tend to have a hard time understanding and accepting customs of other countries; especially eastern. Anyway, I would appreciate any more of your information and impressions as you are prepared to share. They are more meaningful and practical for me than simple speculation, conferencing, etc. I also appreciate others' and the gurus' information and it presents itself.

Be safe, and thank you for your service and commitment to our country. Bless you....

• Upvote 1

My friends and myself have had no complaints with Warka and the timeline of their response to emails and PINs and verifications. Happy Mothers Day to all the Momma's out there!

Hey Mars How long did it take from start to finish to have everything set up. Also getting the debt card. Thanks Steve