Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For once I can actually say that I'm glad the IQD rate is locked down. I was able to sell 5M @ $830 per the other day as I am reducing my position. Machine was saying in another thread that if the IQD was floating it would be basically worthless, which I agree with 100%. Until the country can stabilize where it has not been for over a decade now, this currency is going nowhere. That just a fact. I don't care who says any different. It's just common sense.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

The dinar has only been stable for the past few years

It became unstable in the mid 1980s when the debt to GDP was way out of proportion

Saddam depleted his reserves by the late 1980s

Its stabilized right now

But your right the political stability has been unstable since saddams Sunni bathe regime attacked the shittes and the Kurds

As long as the trade balance is not in deficit there is no reason to touch the reserves

And yes its demand is only increasing because it's pegged

Floating g the currency right now people would of been running to exchange their dinar and the dinar would lose demand they would be sitting on a pile of it

In which time they could rv it since the amount of reserves could back a higher rate if they eliminated some of it

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

The value will NOT rise and could go to zero very soon.i think we have lost this battle fellas.just take our lumps and move on.

You first

How can it go to zero?

The value of the dinar is not based on confidence

It's based on reserves

How will it go to zero

It's pegged to the dollar based on reserves

It's pegged with a program rate of 1166

If the dollar goes to zero and the dinar was backed 100% by dollars then it could go to zero

• Upvote 7

Yeah.. I'm selling mine off too. This ain't happenin. Not any time in the next few years anyway. That country can't get it right. Ever. They will always be in turmoil. Always. And a fully seated government? HCL? Yada yada yada.... ain't gonna happen soon... if ever.... all IMO, of course (which I believe to be fact) .... Too bad, really. Look, truth is if they wanted to ADD value to their currency, someone, somewhere would have made it happen... just sayin... IMO, of course 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Well that's the thing to do

If you lose confidence then you move on

I will do the same

I'll just sell out to a dealer

I think a lot of people are losing confidence in a huge rv

Heck I don't think I'm going to be rich from this

I'm hoping the dinar moves into article 8 with the IMF so I can hopfully get a better deal

But that's not even a guarantee

The dong is under article 8 and it's not easy to find a bank to exchange those

I've read about people in Vietnamese communities

There are people who travel to vietnam and send money to their relatives over there that you can get a better rate from than a dealer

dontlop is right ..... It cannot go to zero at the moment, it is pegged to the dollar.

what I was saying in the other thread was if it was "floated" right now it would go to zero, but as it stands the dinar is locked in its range with the dollar so unless the FED plan on dropping the dollar to zero in the next few weeks the dinar is not moving from where it is.

although this new wave of violence has broken out in Iraq, it's no where near as bad as it was 10 years ago ....... the dinar had value then just like it will now ....... just not the $3 value we all want lol.

I wouldnt be too hasty about getting rid of everything, maybe if you feel uncomfortable you actually over bought, anyway whatever you do visit us every now and then.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I'm not ready to dump my dinar at all

A suprise attack on a nation by a small army if terrorists doesn't mean that Iraq isn't staging a come back

They are definatly planning on regaining control

Of all of Iraq

And I don't see it taking years

Things could turn around over night or within a few days

The machine is correct

If the dinar were floating on the international exchange and civil war broke out

It would plumet

Maybe this is good they get this out of the way now instead of later if the dinar is floating on confidence based on Iraqs ability to pay its debts

• Upvote 8

The dinar has only been stable for the past few years

It became unstable in the mid 1980s when the debt to GDP was way out of proportion

Saddam depleted his reserves by the late 1980s

Its stabilized right now

But your right the political stability has been unstable since saddams Sunni bathe regime attacked the shittes and the Kurds

As long as the trade balance is not in deficit there is no reason to touch the reserves

And yes its demand is only increasing because it's pegged

Floating g the currency right now people would of been running to exchange their dinar and the dinar would lose demand they would be sitting on a pile of it

In which time they could rv it since the amount of reserves could back a higher rate if they eliminated some of it

Artificially stable big difference

• Upvote 2

The dinar is backed 100% and Iraq is living under trade surpluses

I don't see anything artificial about that

But it was artificial under saddam since the early 1980s until the currency exchange in 2003

Then they had inflation problems for a short time but that's over

• Upvote 2

The value will NOT rise and could go to zero very soon.i think we have lost this battle fellas.just take our lumps and move on.

Like the " Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" song... Fellas, it's been good to know ya.( it's too rough to feed ya).....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

really you guys see your dinars and some throw in the towels? understand who i control they are very devious.. you think if they crash iraq they wouldnt lose million up on millions? yes they will and they/them will not let this happen.a you see syria attack by the usa failed last year and they are standing back on their feet. and guess what all this is major deceptions.with all this suppose to happening in iraq did you know israel on the low bombing syria?? and where the ISIS terrorist suppose to have came from? syria... iraq is just the pawn to get in syria they share borders.dont be fools... you ever notice when you as any of our gov intels about any other country problems or specific individuals.they will sit ther run down everything to the journalist/public.. but ask them some tuff reality questions about things here in the usa and see how they try to crack a joke and try to derail the subject matter.

• Upvote 1

Like I've said, the only people making money off of the dinar are the site owners, dealers, and those in the ISX (*potential earnings* . . . should their brokers be honest).

At some point, even if you don't need the money, it's more prudent to cut losses and invest in other opportunities.

Mer pesonally, I've cut my physical dinar by 75%, but kept my ISX holdings.

Good luck, guys.

• Upvote 1

Hey stealth this isnt the first time you said this.  This is a personal choice some of us dont give up easily and i am one of them good luck but take action if you truly want out and move on, heed your own advice.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 8

IMO we should invest enough that we are not relying on the RV to happen. From my perspective it is only a blessing if this does eventually happen, and I will be there waiting. Since I am not relying on this nor am I heavily invested, I am not upset, just hopeful.

• Upvote 1