Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finally Maliki Resigns !

DinarThug

I hate to be a dispoiler D.T. - This was posted by Sager on Franks site, but Frank came out shortly afterwards and said that it was NOT a true statement...! It's an opinion piece on kitabat.com, like a blog site...! Here's his actual response: 

"Frank26:   KTFA Family ......... Report just came in :

100% ....... Unequivocally ....... Totally ...... FALSE!

Share more tonight onYour CC ...... KTFA,   Frank"

I really wish it was true, but we'll have to continue to hope and pray that it does come to pass very soon. 

• Upvote 9

Why would i go there when I'm not a lopper? Maybe you should be directed to the rumor section.  Maliki will retain his position. Not saying I like it, just stating the truth. Just watch and we'll see.

DNAR, you may be correct. I'm headed to the rumor section.

• Upvote 2

We must be way behind in the news. I watched world news an hour ago and nothing was mentioned in the meeting between Kerry and Maliki about resigning. I hope it's true. Thanks Thug for the post. Much appreciated. I should have watched CNN. Lol Blessings to All

Bobbydee

• Upvote 1

I hate to be a dispoiler D.T. - This was posted by Sager on Franks site, but Frank came out shortly afterwards and said that it was NOT a true statement...! It's an opinion piece on kitabat.com, like a blog site...! Here's his actual response: 

I really wish it was true, but we'll have to continue to hope and pray that it does come to pass very soon. 

You mean Sager from Dinar People???...Steve I's group.??? OMG...Sager is F...O...S...

Thuggie, thanks for all your postings. We shall see very soon if these rumors hold any weight. 

• Upvote 2

Lol - Frank Made That Post At 2:12 PM Central Time Today On His Site ! ;)

Leave It To That Monday Morning Quarterback Frankie To Jump Up On His Blue Couch After 12 Midnight Iraq Time

And Over 2 Hours After The Joint Kerry And Maliki Press Conference Announcing The Formation Of A New Government

Starting On July 1st - And Thus Rendering It Obvious That Maliki Hadn't Yet Resigned ! :o

:D:D:D

Thx For The Post Capt Ron ! ;)

B)B)

• Upvote 4

Darn, it appears Maliki didn't read the letter.... According to the official release from his office printed on his official stationary, with letterhead and everything... (.iq versus .com)  his version is :

His Excellency Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki met in his office today, the U.S. Secretary of State, Mr. John Kerry. During the meeting, they discussed the latest developments in the security file and the challenges faced by Iraq as a result of the terrorist attacks.
The Prime Minister stressed that the suffering of Iraq now poses a threat not only to Iraq but also to regional and global peace, and called on the countries of the world, especially countries in the region to take it seriously.
On the political level, the Prime Minister stressed the need to adhere to the constitutional timeframe of the political process, and said that there are dates set by the Constitution regarding the process of formation of the government and the election of the three presidencies which will result in the naming of the candidate of the largest bloc to form the new government and we should abide by these dates.
For his part, the U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry expressed the United States commitment to the protection of the security and independence of Iraq and its support in the face of terrorism, and stressed the U.S. determination to defeat the terrorist organizations, particularly ISIS because they pose a threat to Iraq, the region and the world, and said that Washington is ready to reflect that commitment in the field. He reiterated Washington’s commitment to the Strategic Framework Agreement with Iraq, particularly with regards to the security cooperation and armaments.
The U.S. Secretary of State appreciated the Iraqi leaders’ commitment to the political process and its constitutional required dates.

PS the underlined part = Maliki

Sorry guys... :(

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 1

Rayzur, pardon my ignorance but why/how can Maliki even be in the running? If he wants to use the constitution, doesn't the constitution also say the PM position is limited to two terms?

Nope - the Iraqi supreme court ruled that the law limiting terms was unconstitutional.  Looks like he can have as many as he can buy - er - I mean -  get elected to.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/28/world/middleeast/iraq-term-limits-overturned.html?_r=0

• Upvote 4

Darn, it appears Maliki didn't read the letter.... According to the official release from his office printed on his official stationary, with letterhead and everything... (.iq versus .com)  his version is :

His Excellency Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki met in his office today, the U.S. Secretary of State, Mr. John Kerry. During the meeting, they discussed the latest developments in the security file and the challenges faced by Iraq as a result of the terrorist attacks.

The Prime Minister stressed that the suffering of Iraq now poses a threat not only to Iraq but also to regional and global peace, and called on the countries of the world, especially countries in the region to take it seriously.

On the political level, the Prime Minister stressed the need to adhere to the constitutional timeframe of the political process, and said that there are dates set by the Constitution regarding the process of formation of the government and the election of the three presidencies which will result in the naming of the candidate of the largest bloc to form the new government and we should abide by these dates.

For his part, the U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry expressed the United States commitment to the protection of the security and independence of Iraq and its support in the face of terrorism, and stressed the U.S. determination to defeat the terrorist organizations, particularly ISIS because they pose a threat to Iraq, the region and the world, and said that Washington is ready to reflect that commitment in the field. He reiterated Washington’s commitment to the Strategic Framework Agreement with Iraq, particularly with regards to the security cooperation and armaments.

The U.S. Secretary of State appreciated the Iraqi leaders’ commitment to the political process and its constitutional required dates.

PS the underlined part = Maliki

Sorry guys... :(

sad but true Rayzur...I guess Adam was right BUT with all the calls for his resignation I still hope something will take him out of the way.....we need a someone/something to intervene.... :cowboy2:

• Upvote 1

Tuesday, 24 June 2014, 06:44 GMT
EXCLUSIVE: IRAQI KURDISTAN LEADER MASSOUD BARZANI SAYS "THE TIME IS HERE" FOR SELF- DETERMINATION

Iraqi Kurdish leader on region's future

CNN

Iraqi Kurdish President Massoud Barzani gave his strongest-ever indication on Monday that his region would seek formal independence from the rest of Iraq. 

"Iraq is obviously falling apart," he told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview. "And it's obvious that the federal or central government has lost control over everything. Everything is collapsing - the army, the troops, the police."

Iraqi Kurdish President Massoud Barzani gave his strongest-ever indication on Monday that his region would seek formal independence from the rest of Iraq. 

?Iraq is obviously falling apart,? he told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview. ?And it?s obvious that the federal or central government has lost control over everything. Everything is collapsing ? the army, the troops, the police.? 

?We did not cause the collapse of Iraq. It is others who did. And we cannot remain hostages for the unknown,? he said through an interpreter. 

?The time is here for the Kurdistan people to determine their future and the decision of the people is what we are going to uphold.? 

Iraqi Kurdish independence has long been a goal, and the region has had autonomy from Baghdad for more than two decades, but they have never before said they would actually pursue that dream. 

But the latest crisis, in which Sunni extremists have captured a large swath of Iraqi territory on the border of Iraqi Kurdistan, seems to have pushed the Kurds over the edge. 

?Now we are living [in] a new Iraq, which is different completely from the Iraq that we always knew, the Iraq that we lived in ten days or two weeks ago.? 

?After the recent events in Iraq, it has been proved that the Kurdish people should seize the opportunity now ? the Kurdistan people should now determine their future.? 

Barzani said that he would make that case to U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry when they meet in Erbil Tuesday; America is a close Kurdish ally, but opposes independence for the region. 

?I will ask him, ?How long shall the Kurdish people remain like this?? The Kurdish people is the one who is supposed to determine their destiny and no one else.? 

Fractious relations with Baghdad 

A reconciliation, Barzani said, could be possible ?if there was understanding between Shias and Sunnis, and if there is a guarantee of a true partnership in the authority.? 

?But the situation has been very complicated. And the one who?s responsible for what happened must step down.? 

Amanpour asked if Barzani meant Prime Minister al-Maliki. 

?Of course. He is the general commander of the army. He builds the army on the ground of personal loyalty to him, not loyalty to the whole country. And he monopolizes authority and power. He led the military, and this is the result.? 

Iraqi Kurdistan has long had a fractious relationship with Baghdad; the region has had autonomy from the rest of Iraq for more than two decades. 

Kurdistan even has its own military forces, the Peshmerga, which are now busy fighting ISIS extremists; next to the Iraqi military, which has looked awkward and unprofessional defending the country, the Peshmerga seems remarkably skilled. 

Amanpour asked Barzani whether Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki had asked for Kurdish military support

?The prime minister has not asked us. On the contrary, he rejected every offer to assist.? 

Indeed, Barzani said, he warned al-Maliki about the impending ISIS threat long before they toppled the major Iraqi city of Mosul, near the Iraqi Kurdish border. 

?I did warn Mr. Prime Minister not only a couple of days, but a few months before the fall of Mosul. I did warn him but he did not take the warning seriously. And I have many witnesses to that effect that I did warn him.? 

Not everything that has happened, he told Amanpour, was done by ISIS; but because the extremists have the organization and the resources, they are seizing upon general discontent with al-Maliki. 

?People in those areas found that the opportunity was there to revolt against that wrongful policy.? 

?That is the public anger. And it?s important to distinguish between what are legitimate rights and what terrorists are trying to accomplish.? 

The United States, ?a true friend? 

Iraqi Kurdistan and the United States have a close relationship, cemented by the American no-fly zone enforced over the region during the 1990s to protect the Kurds from Saddam Hussein. 

When Barzani meets with Secretary of State Kerry on Tuesday, he will no doubt be hoping that that relationship ? and America?s investment in Iraqi Kurdistan ? will help convince Kerry of the need for independence. 

?The United States has been a true friend and we Kurds have shown that we deserve that friendship.? 

?The success of the region of Kurdistan was the only success that resulted from American policies.? 

?And the United States has given opportunity to all Iraqis to build a modern, democratic state; pluralistic state; federal state. But, unfortunately, the others were not able to seize the same opportunity.? 

Amanpour asked Barzani whether he thought the 300 military advisers the U.S. is sending to Iraq ?can change the balance of power on the ground?? 

?I do not believe so. I do not believe that this will change the balance of power. And this issue cannot be resolved by military means.? 

?It?s a political issue that has to be dealt with politically. And after that, a military resolution can be easier to accomplish if there was a political agreement and political power.? 

An uncertain future for Kirkuk 

In defending Iraqi Kurdistan from ISIS, Barzani may also have seized on an opportunity. The Peshmerga have recently taken control of Kirkuk, an oil-rich region that the Kurds consider to be an integral part of their territory. 

?We never had any doubt at any time that Kirkuk is part of Kurdistan,? he said. 

The Iraqi constitution sets out a very specific process whereby the future of Kirkuk ? whether in Kurdistan or the rest of the country ? should be determined, involving a census of the area and then a referendum. 

For the last ten years, we have been waiting to have that article applied, but we haven?t seen any seriousness from the central government. And since we have new developments in Iraq now, this is what brought about the new situation with Kirkuk coming back to Kurdistan.? 

We haven?t done this referendum yet, but we will do and we will respect the opinion of the citizens even if they refuse to have Kurdistan as an independent state.? 

Lifes work 

Do you feel,? Amanpour asked, ?that your life?s work is about to be accomplished?? 

I really hope this is the case,? he said.

*********************************************************************************

I know this was posted in another thread but tankdude this is exactly what I am thinking...thank you sir

I was in Kirkuk for almost a year in 2004-2005. The Kurds have been wanting this for - literally - centuries.  I would be surprised if they didn't take the opportunity. Of the people I did meet over there - they are probably the most progressive and open of the 3 factions.

• Upvote 2

TD....I have had another friend tell me practically the exact same thing.... He was there about that same time if I remember correctly. 

I hope we can get Maliki replaced and the Kurds can operate as they would like to...but not seperate from Iraq.