Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obamacare Story

one2one

on the AARP site, i clicked on a link called healthsherpa.com--signed up in 5 minutes time :

based on my social security retirement income, i pay $ 15 a month --$ 920 a month subsidy 

no way to pay for health insurance before this---the plan pays %70 with 500 a year deductable

I hear things like this occasionally and it makes me physically ill. I don't know what the criteria for these subsidies are but it is nauseating in the extreme. Those of us working our butts off are paying for others and then REQUIRED to pay outrageous fees for our own insurance. I don't begrudge anyone good insurance but there are limits and this program pushes me past all of them.

Yea it makes me sick too. If you are lower middle class you can not afford the insurance and the people who are on the take get cell phones, insurance, housing, food and other bennies  I am not sure how much more we can take.  The rich can afford it, the poor gets theirs paid for and the middle class again gets screwed.

I have a question? If you are getting ss retirement income shouldn't you be old enough to get medicare? I'm confused

• Upvote 1

Anyone accepting a subsidy should be ashamed.   Who do you think pays for that?   Your neighbor!   After four days and endless hours on hold... I was offered a subsidy simply based on a verbal estimate of my income... no further proof (for now anyway, simply to "beef up" the enrollment stats!).   I made up the "income" figure... and they accepted it!  I refused the subsidy even though it made my premium less than what I was paying before... and ended up paying the full rate directly (not through the exchange) in order to get better service and care.  Yup... forced to pay about double my previous premium... with an outrageous deductible!  Good luck with the exchanges and Obamacare and limited access and care... not all doctors will accept it!   You now get what you pay for.

• Upvote 2