Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

America Is Seeking Legal Guarantees For The Iraqi Military Advisers !

CNN. Broadcasting While Sending Lawyers, Guns, And Money - The Shiites Hit The Fan !

(by jjonesmx)

America is seeking legal guarantees for the Iraqi military advisers

Sat Jun 21 2014 12:43 | (Voice of Iraq) - WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has expressed confidence on Friday to secure legal guarantees for the military Americans who will come to Iraq next week to protect them from the possibility of prosecution in Iraqi courts. U.S. President Barack Obama has announced on Thursday he would send as many as 300 military adviser to Iraq in the face of progress splinter group al-Qaeda and would consider strikes against selected targets for the rebels. , but Obama's decision to re-military personnel to Iraq in non-combat roles raised the question old was the focus of his decision to withdraw the thousands of American soldiers in 2011. attributed the Obama administration at the time its decision to withdraw all troops from Iraq to the difficulty of reaching what is known as the "Status of Forces Agreement," which was to protect American soldiers from the risk of prosecution before domestic courts. , but with the pursuit of the Obama administration to help Iraq to eliminate the threat of militant new said Admiral John Kirby, spokesman for the Ministry of Defense (Pentagon) on Friday Status of Forces Agreement was could include long and difficult negotiations is unnecessary. Instead of keeping thousands of troops in Iraq, the United States plans now send Maaisal only to the 300 individual in the context of what he described as Kirby the task of "specific" and "temporary." he told reporters at the Pentagon, "We do not need Status of Forces Agreement." and added that officials are seeking legal guarantees in writing to these forces, but did not give the Pentagon nor the State Department details of the form of these guarantees. said Kirby said Defense Minister Chuck Hagel "is fully committed to making sure our troops enjoy legal protection .." (Ahmed Subhi preparing a successor to the Arab Bulletin

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile2014.php?id=154403#ixzz35EWw68co

In bright orange print you indicate "we do not need status of forces agreement". As a former JAG officer and former judicial support officer at SHAPE headquarters in Belgium I assure you I have no problem comprehending much more complicated dialog then what you wrote. That being said without a SOFA our troops would be subject to prosecution under the laws of the host country or worse. Iraq specifically still allows corporal punishment

• Upvote 1

In bright orange print you indicate "we do not need status of forces agreement". As a former JAG officer and former judicial support officer at SHAPE headquarters in Belgium I assure you I have no problem comprehending much more complicated dialog then what you wrote. That being said without a SOFA our troops would be subject to prosecution under the laws of the host country or worse. Iraq specifically still allows corporal punishment

Admiral John Kirby said what was in bright orange print... NOT ME! 

READ!!!

Here You Go... Here's a copy that didn't get colored on... maybe that will help.

06:59:21 / 06/2014

army-10-1-2014-bbb.jpg

Khandan - United States has expressed confidence of securing legal guarantees for the military Americans who will come to Iraq to protect them from the possibility of prosecution in Iraqi courts. U.S. President Barack Obama announced he would send as many as 300 military adviser to Iraq in the face of progress "Daash" and would consider strikes against targets selected. , but Obama's decision to return the military to Iraq in non-combat roles raised the question old was the focus of his decision to withdraw the thousands of American soldiers in 2011. attributed the Obama administration at the time its decision to withdraw all troops from Iraq to the difficulty of reaching what is known as the "Status of Forces Agreement," which was will protect American soldiers from the risk of prosecution before domestic courts. said Admiral John Kirby, spokesman for the U.S. Department of Defense (Pentagon), The Status of Forces Agreement was able to include a long and difficult negotiations is unnecessary. Instead of keeping thousands of troops in Iraq, the United States plans Now send Maaisal only to 300 people in the context of what he described as Kirby task of "specific" and "temporary." he told reporters at the Pentagon, "We do not need Status of Forces Agreement."and added that officials are seeking legal guarantees in writing to these forces, but did not give the Pentagon nor the Ministry Foreign form details of these guarantees. said Kirby said Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel "is fully committed to making sure our troops enjoy legal protection .."

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1

I can understand your confusion and anger by my comments if you didn't know the battle that has been going on here on DV to keep things real... instead of all the quru-spewers playing arm-chair quarterbacks. That has been pizzzzing me off!!!

Thank You For Your Service DetroitJazzMan... I mean that.

• Upvote 1

I can understand your confusion and anger by my comments if you didn't know the battle that has been going on here on DV to keep things real... instead of all the quru-spewers playing arm-chair quarterbacks. That has been pizzzzing me off!!!

Thank You For Your Service DetroitJazzMan... I mean that.

Hey Miss Maggie.  I want to ask, "How are things?" but I can see they are a little tense and for good reason.  Since you and I go back a ways I hope I can say this without offending as none is intended.  Just from reading this thread it seems that you may have hit Detroit a little hard from the git go.  Remember, things can be taken out of context very fast when you can't see or hear the other person.  If I butted in where I don't belong just let me know and I won't do it again.  I would have said this behind closed doors but I don't know how to close them here.  Enough said from me.  I know you well enough to believe you understand my point even if you disagree.  Oh, one more thing,  he's from Detroit or lives there or whatever his connection is, it's not much better than Iraq.  haha

DW

Hope all is well with you.

• Upvote 1

Hey Miss Maggie.  I want to ask, "How are things?" but I can see they are a little tense and for good reason.  Since you and I go back a ways I hope I can say this without offending as none is intended.  Just from reading this thread it seems that you may have hit Detroit a little hard from the git go.  Remember, things can be taken out of context very fast when you can't see or hear the other person.  If I butted in where I don't belong just let me know and I won't do it again.  I would have said this behind closed doors but I don't know how to close them here.  Enough said from me.  I know you well enough to believe you understand my point even if you disagree.  Oh, one more thing,  he's from Detroit or lives there or whatever his connection is, it's not much better than Iraq.  haha

DW

Morning DWitte... Yes I hear you... this was a convoluted case of mis-communications all right.

We all seem to be on our last nerve with the situation going on... and yes we need to be more tolerant.

I understood where he was coming from... I think Detroit and I worked it out just fine.

Hope all is well with you too DWitte... You have a great day. :)

• Upvote 1

Washington is seeking legal guarantees for the Iraqi military advisers
06:59:21 / 06/2014

Khandan - United States has expressed confidence of securing legal guarantees for the military Americans who will come to Iraq to protect them from the possibility of prosecution in Iraqi courts. U.S. President Barack Obama announced he would send as many as 300 military adviser to Iraq in the face of progress "Daash" and would consider strikes against targets selected. , but Obama's decision to return the military to Iraq in non-combat roles raised the question old was the focus of his decision to withdraw the thousands of American soldiers in 2011. attributed the Obama administration at the time its decision to withdraw all troops from Iraq to the difficulty of reaching what is known as the "Status of Forces Agreement," which was will protect American soldiers from the risk of prosecution before domestic courts. said Admiral John Kirby, spokesman for the U.S. Department of Defense (Pentagon), The Status of Forces Agreement was able to include a long and difficult negotiations is unnecessary. Instead of keeping thousands of troops in Iraq, the United States plans Now send Maaisal only to 300 people in the context of what he described as Kirby task of "specific" and "temporary." he told reporters at the Pentagon, "We do not need Status of Forces Agreement." and added that officials are seeking legal guarantees in writing to these forces, but did not give the Pentagon nor the Ministry Foreign form details of these guarantees. said Kirby said Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel "is fully committed to making sure our troops enjoy legal protection .."

http://www.xendan.org/arabic/drejaA.aspx?=hewal&jmara=29463&Jor=2

DW

DW FYI my zip code is not Detroit it's where I'm from and not trying to be castigating but the last property tax bill I receivd in 21666 where I do live is probably more than you make all year....just saying