Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

PEOPLE!!! STOP!!! The Ratified List is NOT the PM Announcement!

Rayzur

Hey Rayzur - I think it just needed to hit one more criteria - it needs a link.

Iraq & Dinar Related News
All general stories about Iraqi News and Dinar Currency here. Must have links to relevant articles from trusted news sources

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/forum/5-iraq-dinar-related-news/#ixzz34vURUMoX

'

You know us NCOs - we don't make the rules, but we do enforce em....

Edited by tankdude
  • Upvote 1

It was in the middle of the page... I actually wanted people to have it as its from the official Iraqi gov't site and has some great info.... Let me go check to make sure it is in there....

Thanks TD!!! BTW, did you climb the chain :salute:

Oh wow its NOT there... I must have deleted it in my editing of colors to make things clear.... nice find and thanks!! I'll brb with it.

Edited by Rayzur

Here is the link https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ar&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ihec.iq%2Far%2Findex.php%2Fnews-archive%2F6100.html&edit-text=

Thanks again TD !!!! and Thank G-d for the NCO !!!!

Thanks SnowGlobe... kitty hugs back at ya... tuzki40.gif

Edited by Rayzur

LOL LOL Nadita ^5.... though you're the one that really does the totally hard stuff in putting all that news together and distilling it down for us here on DV... day after day... That's the tough stuff...  tuzki49.gif

• Upvote 1

iip1.jpg

I'm not sure if this chart is a little dated, but it gives you an idea in terms of contrast regarding the differences in our government structures...

Executive authority is unevenly divided between the Presidency Council - comprised of the president and two vice presidents - and the prime minister, deputy prime ministers, and the Council of Ministers, a deliberative body composed of about 40 heads of Iraq's ministries. The relatively powerless president is a Kurd, Jalal Talabani. The lion's share of influence lies with Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki, a Shia with the Dawa Party, and the Council of Ministers, which has its own powers, like debating proposed legislation before it's forwarded to the legislative branch.

The various ministers are appointed by Maliki and must be approved by a majority of Parliament, which apportions the positions as political spoils after extensive haggling among members of the various parties that comprise the ruling coalition, or "government list." The process doesn't inevitably result in the most qualified administrators taking charge of the ministries, as priorities are placed on the distribution of political parties and approving candidates who are broadly acceptable. The result is an executive branch of variable competence that is radically divided among various ethnosectarian and political affiliations.

Applied to American politics, such a scenario might look like a Republican president's cabinet divided among Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and Libertarians, roughly proportional to their prevalence in Congress. For instance, Iraq's Minister of Municipalities and Public Works is a Shia affiliated with the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council, the Trade Minister is a Shia with Maliki's Dawa Party, the Defense Minister is an independent Sunni, the Foreign Minister is with the Kurdistan Democratic Party, and the Minister of the Interior is an independent Shia.

This structure is designed to force representation from and interaction between Iraq's various religious sects and ethnicities. Ministers, representing various parties, are ostensibly granted great latitude in carrying out the function of their ministry, and have a practical say in overall executive decisions via their membership in the Council of Ministers. These features of the Iraqi Constitution that place a significant amount of power in a collective, rather than in one person, necessarily slow executive action, even as they prevent the dictatorial abuses of Iraq's past.

Edited by Rayzur

You are totally cracking me up here Thug a licious.  :lol:  :lol: 

IN other news... ..  

SRSG calls leaders of Iraq to come together & agree on national security plan

Tuesday, 17 June 2014 22:25 | pdf_button.png | printButton.png | emailButton.png

Baghdad (AIN) -The Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for Iraq (SRSG), Mr. Nickolay Mladenov, welcomed the certification of the 30 April legislative election results by the Federal Supreme Court. 

“Now that the election results have been certified it is imperative for the newly elected Council of Representatives to meet and ensure the continuity of the political process on the basis of the Constitution” Mr. Mladenov said in a statement received by All Iraq News Agency.

“I encourage the political leaders of Iraq to swiftly come together and agree on a national security plan to address the terrorist threat, and on a set of inclusive political and social initiatives that must be supported by all communities in the country. The United Nations stands ready to facilitate this process” SRSG Mladenov added. /End/ 

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php/political-news/54162-srsg-calls-leaders-of-iraq-to-come-together-a-agree-on-national-security-plan

PS I posted the map in my gallery... way too big for the thread I guess...

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

By the way, I'm not sure  on any level why this was moved from Iraqi News.... to Opinions and Perspectives? It is not even remotely my opinion or perspective as to how the Iraqi government elects a Prime Minister...It is the exact process they follow as determined by them.. and correctly reflects what is actually happening... ..

Which at this point appears to be NEWS to many of the Obi Wan Ka Dopees out there making claims to the contrary...

I submit this should be put back in the News section where is belongs... if not indeed pinned in that section for the next month... in giving context to a lot of what we are reading and the discussions of various Iraqi officials in the various news sources we will be seeing in the next month....

And no, I'm not attached to that submission... though would suggest it is more technically correct.... and its all good... .

Thank You For All Your Hard Work To Keep Us Informed With All This Important Information Rayzur! So Very Much Appreciated.

Good Call On This Belonging In The News Section and Thank's To Our Great Mods... This Was Moved Back To Where It Belongs. :)

PS. Your Link Was There...

• Upvote 1

great job Rayzur.  

i think people prefer to have someone tell them instead of taking upon themselves the task of reading, digesting, re-reading, and re-digesting.  another word for it is "laziness".  anybody who earnestly studied these latest articles would know the importance of June 16, July 1st and how the new PM is decided.  

• Upvote 2

Sorry to say but it's time to put your dinars away in a safe place cause really nothing is going to happen for quite some time if anything happens at all. I don't have any connections or intel but the situation there is not good. As long as crooks run the show crooked things will happen. It's time to get on with your lives and pray for the Iragi people. I won't be getting rid of my dinar but let's be realistic things aren't going to pan out any time soon. Be Blessed

Bobbydee