Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

As i have watched the events play out throughout the days their have been some things that stood out to me that just didnt make sense.  For one, The timing of this so called war to break out right before the NEW pm is announced and right before Maliki's term officially comes to an end on June 14.  So my question is IF Iraq is on the brink of Civil war explain this:

Commercial markets filled with shoppers and day and night

8-3132.jpg
6/15/2014 0:00 

Citizens: rumors will not deter us and are involved in the sustainability of life 
BAGHDAD - Hussein al-Tamimi Tgb - Mustafa al-Hashemi 
witnessing the commercial market in Baghdad sought naturally where the market is full of materials various consumer and the movement of supply and demand do not marred by any defect as a result of military events taking place in some Iraqi cities. 
in return going normal life where work is continuing in all the joints of the local markets, referring to the cohesion of the internal front Just moving the citizen to work and function in the morning and come back pm find the evening the expanse of the citizen to the shop assured vigilantly warned our security forces in dealing with those who try to disturb the living. 

Natural movement at the airport in Baghdad

6/15/2014 0:00 

Delegation of Immigration to Dohuk to follow up the situation of the displaced people of Nineveh
Baghdad delegates morning confirmed that the Ministry of Transport said bookings on board the aircraft, Iraqi Airways continuing to and from all airports in the country.

As directed Saturday morning a delegation from the Department of Immigration to Dohuk governorate to follow up the situation of the displaced families, called the Council of Baghdad security forces to provide adequate protection to international organizations to deliver aid to them. flights natural director of the airline in the Ministry of Transport, Captain Saad al-Khafaji said the commissioner "morning" virgin-Hassani, said air traffic running normally. confirmed al-Khafaji said bookings on board the aircraft company continuing to and from all airports in the country, with the exception of Mosul. explained that what is rumored in some media outlets intended to provoke panic and fear among the citizens, denying rumors recently about the cancellation of all flights, stressing at the same time that the Mosul International Airport will return to carry out his functions air soon .

said Khafaji said booking flights are handled in the same context, typically through the company's offices in both inside and outside the country, which noted that it is open around the clock to receive all bookings. delegation of immigration to this, the director of the branches in the Ministry of Displacement and Migration Mohammed disturb Naimi to delegate the "morning" Isra al-Samarrai, a delegation headed by senior agent of the ministry in addition to its agent artwork went yesterday morning to the province of Dohuk to follow the conditions of the displaced families from the province of Nineveh.

explained that the branch migration in Dohuk distributed seven thousand blankets among the displaced, in addition to its tireless efforts to provide aid food because of the dire situation experienced by families after being displaced as a result of lack of ownership of the Maoi and shortages of food and baby milk and money, noting that the ministry embarked on the distribution of grants displaced families from Anbar province to all provinces. 

international organizations, for his part, called on the Baghdad provincial council security forces to provide adequate protection international organizations in order to deliver aid to displaced families from the province of Nineveh, according to a member of the Council Mahdia Abdul Hassan. reported in a statement to the commissioner, "morning" Wafaa Amer, that a lot of international humanitarian organizations, as well as the High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) had approached the committee of civil society organizations in the Council to take action necessary to facilitate their access to areas that have been displaced them residents of Mosul. noted that the work of the organizations listed will focus two-way first to deliver aid to them, and the second arrival of its members to these areas to keep records and find out their needs to be covered in the form required. showed that it requires to provide protection to members of the organizations until the arrival to the places of the displaced , as well as ease of entry into the areas of the Kurdistan region, especially that these organizations had approached the impossibility of a lot of people of Mosul to stay in the region to the difficulty of access to shelter as refugee, as well as the inability of low-income rental role appropriate to the high cost of their, which must move before to find housing in the region instead of returning to conflict zones.

http://www.alsabaah....w.aspx?ID=72786

If they were truly fearing for their lives and possibly reaching baghdad ask yourself this: 

A.  Would the U.s let it all slip away everything they fought for and blood being spilled by Americans to just lose it to ISIS?LOL

B. Wheres China's help? where are all the other countries that have invested billions in  Iraq to let it go down the drain?

something is just NOT right about this whole thing.

•  

Posted Yesterday, 03:19 AM

Britain issued Islamic bonds coming weeks

2014-Jun-14-539bd45170a6d.jpg

Britain issued Islamic bonds coming weeks

News Source:Ali Salman

Section:Page economic

June 14, 2014 7:49

Readers Number:42

Said British finance minister George Osborne said on Thursday that his government will issue a sovereign Islamic bonds in the next few weeks with an effort to London to become a center for Islamic finance.

Britain will become the first Western country issue Islamic bonds, or so-called instruments, and see the British government issued these bonds is an important step on the road to promote the status of London compared with rival financial centers specializing in the field of Islamic finance in Asia and the Middle East. In the past year, Prime Minister David Cameron announced plans to issue Islamic bonds (Sukuk) worth 200 million pounds (336 million dollars).

12/5/140614

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 9

I agree easy....this whole "uprising" or whatever one wants to label it just doesn't make sense.  You have got maybe a couple thousand insurgents riding in pickup trucks and SUVs.  One or two Apache helicopters could take out the whole dang group.  Or drones loaded with bombs or whatever they can carry to destroy these idiots.  But for sure, the timing is way too coincidental whereas Maliki is concerned.  A diversion that he hopes to benefit from in the form of the "state of emergency"? One that would possibly keep him in office longer?  Just doesn't stack up.

• Upvote 5

In some respects the fighting is not something that the Iraqis have not seen before.  It happens nearly on a daily basis and they must continue with their own life . . . and fighting is part of the life that most of them have grown up seeing constantly.  

On the other hand, I would like to see something positive in the next few days, like a large RV!  

• Upvote 6

There's perhaps a chance that things don't add up because their life, culture  and what they have endured for so long is completely foreign to us here in the US? I'm not disagreeing with ya Easy, as much as perhaps saying some of it does make some sense... Like Nelg implied, these people have sustained warfare in the front yard for years.... at some point, you have to incorporate living your life into that kind of hellish existence... And the market portrayed is in Baghdad. If it were in Mosul, that would be (in my mind) a much greater statement... As far as the stock market... like I was telling a friend... the markets reflects  investors... At the end of the day, someone is going to own those resources, someone is going to sell those resources... and its very doubtful that the someone would destroy the infrastructures newly put  in place, as whoever ends up the victor will ultimately have to sell those resources to remain viable as a country... however they end up defined..... 

The country of Iraq has to go on as if it is a country... and the insurrection is yet just one more  combat engagement to be dealt with in some way...The significance of this event, if nothing else, is that it emerged and took so much territory so quickly... yet it took territory in a region of its own people (Sunni), so that is not altogether as mind boggling as it would have been had they sustained those same successes in a Shi'ite region... 

It also seems like people are freaking out by way of beliving  in this dichotomy, that I'm not sure exists.... That IF this insurrection is happening to the degree it is, then there will not be an RV... and so they seemingly look for ways to minimize it, or  deny it as a way of continuing in the belief it will RV... When in actuality, I'm not so sure that the insurrection would have nearly the impact some seem to believe it will....Meaning, I don't see any evidence that this insurrection would preclude an RV...  This is Iraq, they have endured warfare for decades... and short of a conflict that results in dividing the country into 3 little countries, I'm not convinced that this very real insurrection will impact the eventuality of an RV one way or the other..... I also think it very very unlikely that the country would be split into 3 little countries... Granted the Kurds are tip toeing about gathering resource in taking advantage of the situation, and buttressing their own resource collection... But I don't know that this means it will remain as is after this latest issue is quelled....

That the market remains strong (though there were sell offs ) is a good sign that Iraq will go on and this is just another really bad situation to be dealt with.... And at the end of the day Maliki may go away, and whoever replaces him will have the exact same problems unless and until that person actively engages inclusiveness of all the tribes and their interests....

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 6

Well said Rayzur!  This is a never ending cycle, put on a mask, go out raise chaos and hatred, when you get attention your seeking, you take off your mask and blend back into the crowd!  How many hundreds of years have they been doing this?    :shrug:

• Upvote 2

That's what they want.....

YOU to be wrapped up in the buzz!

Don't fall for it, just wait til the government is seated and monetary policy changes.

I don't read lengthy posts, just a waste of time and it's all BLAH BLAH pegged to speculation.

• Upvote 2

On some of the other blogs we have seen mention of...as well as pics...whereby some depicted that all of the pics looked photo shopped...on the dead or alive abductees during this chaos in Iraq going on right now...you never see a face!...how odd?

I saw actual footage, that I chose not to bring in here.... actual filmed footage of summary execution, head shots to the back of the head, of seated people, who were all civilians.... It was not photos....it was live, it was real.... I've actually seen similar real time (at other times) and there was no photo shopping.... the pattern of blood spatter would be way too technically difficult relative to the conditions of the filming...  Further, if you are actually looking at the photos that were said to have been published by ISIL, there are very clear and distinct faces of men who appear to be pleading... Finally, the photo I did publish in here stated to be sent by the ISIL very clearly shows the face of the man seated just before he was executed.... 

• Upvote 2

They call them terrorist, but in actuality I think, it is just a large group of Sunni's who are unhappy with the current government.

My question is:The USA trained hundreds of thousands of troops. The government has purchased millions/billions of dollars in weaponry.

Where are they? Why is this group of terrorist allowed to roll across the country unchecked? :(

• Upvote 3

Actually, a lot of this DOES add up. When you ask yourself the question " Who would benefit from all this", what name comes to mind? Maliki. Who would have the wherewithall to pull off something like this? Again, Maliki. Who would have the balls to do it? Guess who. With all this happening, who would not be subject to summary execution? Who is it that would kill ( and HAS!!!)  to remain as the Prime Minister of Iraq? Who is it that wanted, wants and now has virtually unlimited power with no one to answer to due to the "emergency" situation that now exists. IMHO only, I think this entire scenario has been choreographed by good ol Nouri in a last ditch scrambling and grasping at straws to stay in power.

• Upvote 4

Rayzur, this is just a big thank you from someone who rarely contributes.  Your understanding of the situation and your willingness to break it down and share with the rest of us is honorable.  i appreciate your posts and encourage you to continue sharing! Good on you!

• Upvote 3

Actually, a lot of this DOES add up. When you ask yourself the question " Who would benefit from all this", what name comes to mind? Maliki. Who would have the wherewithall to pull off something like this? Again, Maliki. Who would have the balls to do it? Guess who. With all this happening, who would not be subject to summary execution? Who is it that would kill ( and HAS!!!)  to remain as the Prime Minister of Iraq? Who is it that wanted, wants and now has virtually unlimited power with no one to answer to due to the "emergency" situation that now exists. IMHO only, I think this entire scenario has been choreographed by good ol Nouri in a last ditch scrambling and grasping at straws to stay in power.

id agree Maliki last ditch effort to remain in power so to me this was all staged.  Also how can 4k terrorists take over an entire country that has apache helicopters, drones etc.. makes absolutely no sense lol and then we have everyone sitting idle watching their billions of dollars go up in flames.

P.S i do appreciate all the posts to start this discussion i have been noticing our media is taking advantage of this crisis.  NEVER ever trust our mainstream media they have been caught numerous times lying about benghazi, syrian war etc.. BBC is known to doctor fake pics of wars for propaganda they have been fined numerous times for such actions and yet they continue to do so.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

In my opinion Something BIG is cooking.!

The MEDIA want us to think Iraq is falling apart.

Something big may be cooking...but I personally talked to a woman who just flew in from Bagdhad Wed. when I was at JFK and she told me they'd fired rockets on the airport...it was a mess.

Just sayin'

• Upvote 2

They call them terrorist, but in actuality I think, it is just a large group of Sunni's who are unhappy with the current government.

My question is:The USA trained hundreds of thousands of troops. The government has purchased millions/billions of dollars in weaponry.

Where are they? Why is this group of terrorist allowed to roll across the country unchecked? :(

I think I can speak to this one. This is not really an official analysis – but my opinion based on some personal knowledge, bits and pieces of public sources and some political analysis.  Excuse the length of the article – but this is a complicated one.

(Kind of feel like Rayzur on this one – LOL)

The US - and also other countries, particularly the UK - did spend copious amounts of money, manpower, and time to train and equip Iraqi forces. One of the goals of this training was to create a professional force - integrating all the demographics of Shia, Sunni and Kurd, into a cohesive unit that was as apolitical as possible. They set up training programs that mirrored a professional career progression, weeding out those who just didn't have the leadership skills. They tried to bring in an esprit de corps of belonging to something that transcended being Sunni, Shia, etc.

This took time - but by around 2009, you could see that it was having an effect. The Iraq Security Forces were actually taking the lead in most operations against terrorist groups – and they were being effective.   These were small scale operations for the most part, but the leadership and planning was done by Iraqi’s .

However – we knew that Iraq was still in the middle of “growing pains” when the US Military was pulled out. They had next to nothing for logistic operations – sot trying to get troops and equipment moved is a big problem. That, and now the control has become centralized. Maliki has taken the “commander in chief” title literally, and in many cases, Iraqi generals have to wait for an OK from the Prime Minister’s office to move troops.

Communications are actually sketchy at best, and intelligence gathering suffers because of that. They also have very few intelligence gathering systems, and primarily have to rely on observations from people in the area.  They don’t have any effective drone type observation platforms, they don’t have satellite capabilities, and they have almost no aerial observation assets – either fixed wing or rotor wing.   

They also have almost no air support capability. They were just receiving training for their first F-16 aircraft, and they have a few Apache helicopters, but very few trained pilots.  As a “grunt” – I can tell you I feel a lot more confident when I know I have some flying backup I can call if I need it.

So – now let’s look at what has happened to the actual leadership of the Iraqi Forces after we left. Maliki stopped most of the leadership training we had set up.  Instead of those who displayed leadership being moved into the positions, it became corrupt – much like the old Iraqi Army. Cronyism, extortion, bribes – those are what started to determine who became commanders. In just a few short years, the IA degenerated back into basically being sectarian militia.

That – I believe – has become the major issue. Even though the Iraqi Army outnumbers the ISIL fighters – and I’ve heard by as large a margin as 15 to 1 – if your leadership has already left, are you – the rifleman actually facing the guy shooting at you – going to stick around?  Because there is no longer a feeling of being part of an elite group - You ask yourself “Do I want to die for Maliki?”, not “Do I want to show them that I’m Iraqi Army and willing to defend Iraq?”  Huge difference – especially if you happen to be a Sunni soldier.

In total – this is really just my opinion, but I’ve given you a couple of articles that support these suppositions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/collapse-of-iraqi-army-a-failure-for-nations-premier-and-for-us-military/2014/06/12/25191bc0-f24f-11e3-914c-1fbd0614e2d4_story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2014/06/13/why-the-iraqi-army-collapsed-and-what-can-be-done-about-it/

• Upvote 3