Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ISIS LEADER: ‘SEE YOU IN NEW YORK’

WORLD 06.14.14

The Islamist extremist some are now calling the most dangerous man in the world had a few parting words to his captors as he was released from the biggest U.S. detention camp in Iraq in 2009.

“He said, ‘I’ll see you guys in New York,’” recalls Army Col. Kenneth King, then the commanding officer of Camp Bucca.

King didn’t take these words from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as a threat. Al-Baghdadi knew that many of his captors were from New York, reservists with the 306 Military Police Battalion, a unit based on Long Island that includes numerous numerous members of the NYPD and the FDNY. The camp itself was named after FDNY Fire Marshal Ronald Bucca, who was killed at the World Trade Center in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

King figured that al-Baghdadi was just saying that he had known all along that it was all essentially a joke, that he had only to wait and he would be freed to go back to what he had been doing.

“Like, ‘This is no big thing, I’ll see you on the block,’” King says.

King had not imagined that in less that five years he would be seeing news reports that al-Baghdadi was the leader of ISIS, the ultra-extremist army that was sweeping through Iraq toward Baghdad.

“I’m not surprised that it was someone who spent time in Bucca but I’m a little surprised it was him,” King says. “He was a bad dude, but he wasn’t the worst of the worst.”

King allows that along with being surprised he was frustrated on a very personal level.

“We spent how many missions and how many soldiers were put at risk when we caught this guy and we just released him,” King says.

During the four years that al-Baghdadi was in custody, there had been no way for the Americans to predict what a danger he would become. Al-Baghdadi hadn’t even been assigned to Compound 14, which was reserved for the most virulently extremist Sunnis.

“A lot of times, the really bad guys tended to operate behind the scenes because they wanted to be invisible,” the other officer says.

“The worst of the worst were kept in one area,” King says. “I don’t recall him being in that group.”

Al-Baghdadi was also apparently not one of the extremists who presided over Sharia courts that sought to enforce fundamentalist Islamic law among their fellow prisoners. One extremist made himself known after the guards put TV sets outside the 16-foot chain-link fence that surrounded each compound. An American officer saw a big crowd form in front of one, but came back a short time later to see not a soul.

“Some guy came up and shooed them all away because TV was Western,” recalls the officer, who asked not to be named. “So we identified who that guy was, put a report in his file, kept him under observation for other behaviors.”

The officer says the guards kept constant watch for clues among the prisoners for coalescing groups and ascending leaders.

“You can tell when somebody is eliciting leadership skills, flag him, watch him further, how much leadership they’re excerpting and with whom,” the other officer says. “You have to constantly stay after it because it constantly changes, sometimes day by day.”

The guards would seek to disrupt the courts along with and any nascent organizations and hierarchies by moving inmates to different compounds, though keeping the Sunnis and the Shiites separate.

“The Bloods with the Bloods and the Crips with the Crips, that kind of thing,” King says.

The guards would then move the prisoners again and again. That would also keep the prisoners from spotting any possible weaknesses in security.

“The detainees have nothing but time,” King says. “They’re looking at patterns, they’re looking at routines, they’re looking for opportunities.”

As al-Baghdadi and the 26,000 other prisoners were learning the need for patience in studying the enemy, the guards would be constantly searching for homemade weapons fashioned from what the prisoners dug up, the camp having been built on a former junkyard.

“People think of a detainee operation, they think it’s a sleepy Hogan’s Heroes-type camp,” the other officer says. “And it’s nothing of the sort.”

Meanwhile, al-Baghdadi’s four years at Camp Bucca would have been a perpetual lesson in the importance of avoiding notice.

“A lot of times, the really bad guys tended to operate behind the scenes because they wanted to be invisible,” the other officer says.

King seemed confident that he and his guards with their New York street sense would have known if al-Baghdadi had in fact been prominent among the super-bad guys when he was at Camp Bucca.

King had every reason to think he had seen the last of al-Baghdadi in the late summer of 2009, when this seemingly unremarkable prisoner departed with a group of others on one of the C-17 cargo-plane flights that ferried them to a smaller facility near Baghdad. Camp Bucca closed not along afterward.

Al-Baghdadi clearly remembered some of the lessons of his time there. He has made no videos, unlike Osama bin Laden and many of the other extremist leaders. The news reports might not have had a photo of him at all were it not for the one taken by the Americans when he was first captured in 2005.

That is the face that King was so surprised to see this week as the man who had become the absolute worst of the worst, so bad that even al Qaeda had disowned him. The whole world was stunned as al-Baghdadi now told his enemies “I’ll see you in Baghdad.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/14/isis-leader-see-you-in-new-york.html

I have a message for the leader of ISIS,

I doubt you will see any one in New York. Because in the end EVERYONE knows that

all leaders of Islam are little cowards hiding in some demonic filled hole beating their

wife's and molesting children, while they send young boys who's minds you screwed

up to NEW York. COWARDS Satanic controlled psychotic freaks. That's what you are.

And when all your satanic demonic controlled freaks in America rises up doing the same

crap here that you do everywhere else just remember one fact. AMERICA IS THE MOST

HEAVILY ARMED NATION ON EARTH. And we WILL wipe you and your scourge off

this planet.

Who's your daddy now boy.

• Upvote 13

You cannot rehabilitate "Bad Religion" as people like this is what it produces !

This isn't about religion...

Our invasion there had nothing to do with Christianity...  This revenge has nothing to do with the Muslim faith.

Religion is brought into these wars to convince the people that God/Alla is on their side... whichever one that is.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Religion has everything to do with this conflict.  Politics and religion are united in the Muslim mind and world.  They cannot be separated; to try and do so is to not understand the mindset of Muslim terrorists.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Religion has everything to do with this conflict.  Politics and religion are united in the Muslim mind and world.  They cannot be separated; to try and do so is to not understand the mindset of Muslim terrorists.

Your opinion... I clearly disagree... the Muslims disagree with you too.

Why are you trying to equate ALL Muslims with terrorist? Despicable.

That is like saying the actions of our politicians are driven by Christianity.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Who is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the'' state''?

Way 

Ten million dollars was allocated by the award, which the U.S. administration reward for any information about the leader of the Islamic State in Iraq, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi al-Sham, a man who preferred slipped from the limelight for his own safety.

Born Baghdadi - who is believed to be named Awad bin Ibrahim al-Badri - in the Iraqi city of Samarra in 1971, and remember the "jihadist sites" that he earned a doctorate in Islamic studies at the University of Baghdad. 

After many years spent in fighting with the groups that inspired al-Qaeda, claiming Islamic State of Iraq in 2010. 

Al-Baghdadi took the opportunity outbreak of the revolution against the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, the father sent his assistant Mohammed Joulani to Syria so that there is an al Qaeda a foothold there, and the shape of the front of victory, which announced itself with a series of bombings and become a hard number within the armed opposition fighting the Assad regime. 

On the ninth of April / April 2011, appeared an audiotape attributed to al-Baghdadi confirmed that the front "victory" in Syria is an extension of the Islamic State of Iraq, announced the unification of my name "Front victory" and "Islamic State of Iraq" under the name of a single "Islamic state in Iraq and the Levant. " 

With the increasing influence of Joulani, Syria, and rejected by the advisory opinion of the integration of his forces under the leadership of the leader of the State of Iraq, al-Baghdadi, a war waged on the front of the victory which led to the separation from Al-Qaeda. 

For many supporters of al-Baghdadi, this division was not a surprise. 

Ignoring calls al-Baghdadi al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri to leave Syria Front victory, and expanded its operations in the northern and eastern Syria in 2012 and 2013, and its elements clashed with the forces of the Syrian regime, but devoted most of their efforts to combat battalions other armed opposition. 

Reuters quoted a Syrian fighter is within the ranks of state regulation as saying that al-Baghdadi was the only person who did not pay allegiance to al-Zawahiri after the killing of Osama bin Laden, who was asked to establish an Islamic state in Iraq and the Levant. 

Organization harsh 

Because of the harsh regulation dealing with citizens and fighting his war on al-Assad's regime, al-Baghdadi, the organization has gained a bad reputation and many enemies. 

Note that dealing base supporters objected way it must be annihilated, regardless of religion or sect. 

By the end of last year, formed an alliance with the Front victory other Islamic Brigades to respond to state regulation, and succeeded in forcing him to retreat to his stronghold on the Euphrates River east of Syria. 

But the organization quickly pulled together and whose fighters seized the city of Raqqa, also launched a campaign for weeks province of Deir al-Zour against opponents competitors, during which about six hundred people have died, and seized the organization's oil fields and towns on the northern bank of the Euphrates River, just a hundred kilometers from the Iraqi border . 

It is estimated a researcher at the Brookings Center in Doha Charles Lester state regulation of the number of fighters in Syria, including between six and seven thousand, and in Iraq between five and six thousand. It was not possible to make sure these numbers from other sources. 

There are conflicting reports on the sources of funding for this organization, there are those who accuse the regional intelligence services funded, and says that the organization in both Syria and Iraq that combines part of its financial resources through royalties imposed on the residents of the areas controlled by. 

He praised the organization of the fighters of the Islamic State blueprint Balbgdada successfully exploited the unrest in Syria and the weakness of the central authority in Iraq after the withdrawal of U.S. forces to cut the ground made it his base. 

The opponents say that al-Baghdadi star on the rise and influence beyond Iraq and Syria, and it is popular amid the jihadists, which is a matter of "regret", because his supporters "do not see the extent of the damage caused."

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.assabeel.net/arab-and-world/item/47117-%25D9%2585%25D9%2586-%25D9%2587%25D9%2588-%25D8%25A3%25D8%25A8%25D9%2588-%25D8%25A8%25D9%2583%25D8%25B1-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25A8%25D8%25BA%25D8%25AF%25D8%25A7%25D8%25AF%25D9%258A-%25D8%25B2%25D8%25B9%25D9%258A%25D9%2585-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25AF%25D9%2588%25D9%2584%25D8%25A9-%25D8%259F&usg=ALkJrhiFh1Z_wxdZs5omYuTPlfdhjzrwPQ

yeah cant blameit on just muslim.. its the upper power of the muslim brotherhoodd/islam  involvement... its like you are working for a company like sat att you just do you work follow the guide line and procedures.. now the upper power that you dont usualy see have ther own agenda and means of getting things done that the workers have/had no idea.

Your opinion... I clearly disagree... the Muslims disagree with you too.

Why are you trying to equate ALL Muslims with terrorist? Despicable.

That is like saying the actions of our politicians are driven by Christianity.

Maggie123 . . . my quote, "Muslim terrorists." You read into the statement something that I did not say.  

However, Sunni and Shiite tie their government/political support to their particular belief system.  The support for a particular political law is divided between Sunni support and Shiite support or one of the many sects of Muslim belief.  Their extreme beliefs of radical control produces terrorism and violence, to which the Muslim moderate deplore and condemn.  But you must remember that religion and politics IS the Muslim way in the ME.  

In the USA there is a separation of church and state that is not present in the Muslim world.   I DO NOT and DID NOT suggest that all Muslims fall in line with the terrorist, but ISIS is SUNNI radicals fighting against the SHIITE government of Malaki.  The two sides respond to the direction of the Muslim clerics (preachers, religious leaders) and are being led by them.  

If this is not connecting religion and politics together, how would you describe it?

yeah cant blameit on just muslim.. its the upper power of the muslim brotherhoodd/islam  involvement... its like you are working for a company like sat att you just do you work follow the guide line and procedures.. now the upper power that you dont usualy see have ther own agenda and means of getting things done that the workers have/had no idea.

You may be correct in saying that "its the upper power of the muslim brotherhoodd/islam involvement..." That is my point.  Those powers are Muslim religious leaders and the people will follow them with great fervor.   

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

NOTE THE MEANING OF ISIS:  Islamic State of Iraq and el Sham  (he final 'S' refers to al-Sham, an Arabic word for the 'fertile crescent' region in the eastern Mediterranean).

ISIL stands for: "State of Iraq and the Levant"

ISIS stands for: "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria"   The "S" is for Syria.

I have also seen the "S" stand for Sham... which means Levant.

Definition of Levant:

Historical name for the countries along the shores of the eastern Mediterranean Sea. It was applied to the coastlands of Anatolia and Syria, sometimes extending from Greece to Egypt. The term was often associated with Venetian trading ventures. It was also used as a synonym for the Middle or Near East. In the 16th17th centuries the term High Levant referred to the Far East (East Asia). The name Levant States was given to the French mandate of Syria and Lebanon after World War I (191418).

Nelg Quote:

"ISIS is SUNNI radicals fighting against the SHIITE government of Malaki.  The two sides respond to the direction of the Muslim clerics (preachers, religious leaders) and are being led by them.  

If this is not connecting religion and politics together, how would you describe it?"

The ISIS is not following the directions of any Muslim clerics... they are following a sinister radical extremist.

The clerics that called on the people to help Maliki... their intentions were for them to guard the holy shrines.

I can bring in a current article where they are denying that they were putting out a call to go to war for Maliki.

Do you honestly want to try to propose that Maliki is guided by clerics? Really???... NOPE

The leaders of ISIS are not being guided by clerics either. NO WAY

This has nothing to do with the Muslim's beliefs, teachings or leadership from the clerics.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ISIL stands for: "State of Iraq and the Levant"

ISIS stands for: "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria"   The "S" is for Syria.

I have also seen the "S" stand for Sham... which means Levant.

Definition of Levant:

Historical name for the countries along the shores of the eastern Mediterranean Sea. It was applied to the coastlands of Anatolia and Syria, sometimes extending from Greece to Egypt. The term was often associated with Venetian trading ventures. It was also used as a synonym for the Middle or Near East. In the 16th17th centuries the term High Levant referred to the Far East (East Asia). The name Levant States was given to the French mandate of Syria and Lebanon after World War I (191418).

Nelg Quote:

"ISIS is SUNNI radicals fighting against the SHIITE government of Malaki.  The two sides respond to the direction of the Muslim clerics (preachers, religious leaders) and are being led by them.  

If this is not connecting religion and politics together, how would you describe it?"

The ISIS is not following the directions of any Muslim clerics... they are following a sinister radical extremist.

The clerics that called on the people to help Maliki... their intentions were for them to guard the holy shrines.

I can bring in a current article where they are denying that they were putting out a call to go to war for Maliki.

Do you honestly want to try to propose that Maliki is guided by clerics? Really???... NOPE

The leaders of ISIS are not being guided by clerics either. NO WAY

This has nothing to do with the Muslim's beliefs, teachings or leadership from the clerics.

Maggie, let me see if I can explain my meaning.  The Muslims strongly believe their religion is an essential aspect of a person’s identity that influences every part of one’s life. As with Christians, Jews, Muslims, faith is a total way of life.  In other words their religion affects how Muslims think and behave in all phases of life: personal, private, or political.

Consequently, there is no separation between religion and politics in Islam. That has been their way since the early days of Islam.  Their founder and Prophet Muhammad was considered to be both a religious guide and a political leader. In 622, while in Median, he served as a judge for the people.  Muhammad started commanding that the local population regard him as both a mediator to settle disputes and the prophet sent by God.  Thus, his political leadership played a key role in shaping the nascent Muslim ummah (a spiritual leader for each community).  Muhammad’s successors assumed the mantle of authority over the Islamic group, cities, or provinces.  The four Rightly Guided Caliphs, ruled between 632 and 661 and functioned as both religious and political leaders.   As Islam grew and spread, the challenges of governing had to change.  Political and religious authority separated and did not identify the same individual. 

Political and religious authority were eventually separated and no longer identified with the same individual. Various political offices developed apart from the clergy.  Today, there is not Islamic country that gives total religious and political authority to any individual.  But that division of labor does not mean there is a separation between the two areas.  Religion is supposed to inform and influence the political arena.

But that division of labor does not mean there is a separation between the two spheres. Just the opposite is the case. In Islam, religion is supposed to inform and influence the political arena. In other words, Muslim principles and values must be at its core of the government.  Aka. Sharia, or Islamic law or a modified version would reserve Islamic law.

For example, the Iranian Revolution of 1979 led to the establishment of an Islamic Republic that remains the fullest example of that form of government in the world. The Council of Guardians, comprised of a group of religious scholars who are led by the Grand Ayatollah, ensures that all actions of the President and the Parliament are in accordance with Islamic law and principles.

In Saudi Arabia and the Sudan, Islamic law governs most areas of life, and the political process is strongly influenced by religious beliefs and rulings.

An interesting development in recent years is the growing presence of Islamic groups that seek to operate within the system in order to influence the shape and direction of the government. In many cases, these organizations believe the ruling party is not Islamic enough, and they attempt to rectify that situation.

One of the most important of these movements is the Muslim Brotherhood, which various Egyptian leaders have sought to marginalize, and at times outlaw, throughout its history. In the most recent Egyptian elections, a significant number of candidates associated with the Muslim Brotherhood were elected to parliament.

One of the most hotly debated topics today concerns the compatibility between Islam and democracy. It is true that democracy remains an unrealized ideal within the Islamic world.

The ISIS wants to establish their own region, an independent state with territory in Iraq, Syria, and parts of Lebanon. They are led by an Iraqi cleric who goes by the name Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.  The connection below indicates he was a cleric.

He was born in Samarra, a largely Sunni city north of Baghdad, in 1971 and is well educated. With black hair and brown eyes, a picture of al-Baghdadi taken when he was a prisoner of the Americans in Bocca Camp in southern Iraq between 2005 and 2009, makes him look like any Iraqi man in his thirties.

His real name is believed to be Awwad Ibrahim Ali al-Badri al-Samarrai, who has degrees in Islamic Studies, including poetry, history and genealogy, from the Islamic University of Baghdad. He may have been an Islamic militant under Saddam as a preacher in Diyala province, to the north east of Baghdad, where, after the US invasion of 2003, he had his own armed group. Insurgent movements have a strong motive for giving out misleading information about their command structure and leadership, but it appears al-Baghdadi spent five years as prisoner of the Americans.”  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/mosul-emergency-who-is-abu-bakr-albaghdadi-9523070.html

The counterpart is Ayatollah in Baghdad: 

On Friday, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, the highest Shiite authority in the country, declared a "Sufficiency Jihad" across Iraq: a clear message to the whole of Iraqi society that the fight against ISIS is a duty, not an option.

Just hours after he made his call, Iraqi media reported thousands of Iraqis, most of them certainly Shiites, flocking to recruitment centers to volunteer for the fight.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/iraq-militants-march-to-baghdad-wont-be-like-recent-flash-victories/

• Upvote 1

Incredible knowledge here.

One thing I know is our investment isn't looking too good from my current vantage point. This stuff has me a bit concerned.

The gurus can pump all they want but I am really impressed with the little involvement from the USA and world. Obama once again plays this political stand back approach. I hate war or losing one American... Yet we have to clean up our mess! Too much at stake, no?

I suppose if big oil worries we will be there in some form...

If it were up to me I'd say bring in a heavy heavy assault with many countries all at one time. Some bad A$$ over whelming force... It's time the world stands up united and scares the day lights out of terrorist groups! They prey on weakness and slow movement.

I hope my dinar is worth something.... This ride just got kicked up several levels ,

Maggie, let me see if I can explain my meaning.  The Muslims strongly believe their religion is an essential aspect of a person’s identity that influences every part of one’s life. As with Christians, Jews, Muslims, faith is a total way of life.  In other words their religion affects how Muslims think and behave in all phases of life: personal, private, or political.

Oh... Ok