Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama says unless Iraq fixes its political problems, short-term military help from U.S. won't make much difference.

http://www.cnn.com/cnnx/?stream=CNN

Brought this over for those who missed live coverage.  Obama pretty much called out Iraqi leaders.  Said it makes no sense for us to extend ourselves for government leaders who are unresolved in their stance toward a unified country (my version).  He was very diplomatic in his answers to the press but you could really read between the lines of what he was saying.  He pretty much said that once the leadership comes to a certain level of cohesiveness, US will back them, but we aren't going to repel their enemies for them just so they can continue a policy of hate.

• Upvote 3

Brought this over for those who missed live coverage.  Obama pretty much called out Iraqi leaders.  Said it makes no sense for us to extend ourselves for government leaders who are unresolved in their stance toward a unified country (my version).  He was very diplomatic in his answers to the press but you could really read between the lines of what he was saying.  He pretty much said that once the leadership comes to a certain level of cohesiveness, US will back them, but we aren't going to repel their enemies for them just so they can continue a policy of hate.

Thank You Trinity... Obama helped create this mess too...

but right now he is right and hopefully the Iraqi guberment is desperate enough to listen.

Obama said that we can't support an Iraqi army who are abandoning their posts.  He says that their lack of morale is a reflection of a deeper problem pointing to political issues.  Obama went on to say that although ISIS is a group of hardened fighters, it is just a handful compared to the size of the Iraqi army.  He eluded to something else happening here behind the scene.

He is right.  I wholeheartedly believe Maliki is purposely conceding territory to support his stab at a State of Emergency granted by parliament.  Nobody is a fool here.  It doesn't add up.  A handful of 3000 or some of fighters spread out now between Syria and Iraq and now even more spread out as they go from city to city in Iraq is able to take territory with little to no resistance?!  Something stinks here and it smells like political trash.   

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama said Friday that the United States “will not be sending U.S. troops back into combat in Iraq” at this time, but that he would be reviewing a range of other options to support the Iraqi government against a sweeping advance by militant fighters.

President Obama said Friday that unless Iraq fixes its internal political problems, short-term military help from the United States won’t make much difference.

“Any action that we may take…has to be joined by a serious and sincere effort by Iraq’s leaders,” President Obama said.

Any decision on U.S. military support for Iraq “is going to take several days,” adding that “this is not going to happen overnight,” he said.

President Obama also said he believes the civil war in Syria has been spilling over into Iraq “for some time.”

“Nobody has an interest in seeing terrorists gain a foothold inside of Iraq,” he said.

Referring to Iraq’s turmoil and problems, President Obama said “we are not going to be able to do it for them.” He said unless Iraq fixes its internal political problems, short-term military help from the United States won’t make much difference.

“The U.S. will do our part. But understand that ultimately it’s up to the Iraqis, as a sovereign nation, to solve their problems,” he said.

• Upvote 2

Now I like what Obama has stated to Iraq about their current situation. I do not think Obama made his statement because he grew a backbone over night...I think he got screwed once on a agreement and is not about to have it done a second time. Time will tell....

• Upvote 2

Obama said that we can't support an Iraqi army who are abandoning their posts.  He says that their lack of morale is a reflection of a deeper problem pointing to political issues.  Obama went on to say that although ISIS is a group of hardened fighters, it is just a handful compared to the size of the Iraqi army.  He eluded to something else happening here behind the scene.

He is right.  I wholeheartedly believe Maliki is purposely conceding territory to support his stab at a State of Emergency granted by parliament.  Nobody is a fool here.  It doesn't add up.  A handful of 3000 or some of fighters spread out now between Syria and Iraq and now even more spread out as they go from city to city in Iraq is able to take territory with little to no resistance?!  Something stinks here and it smells like political trash.   

Agreed Trinity...

Except I think you are underestimating their resolve and the numbers in the ISIS, how organized they are, and the fact that they are gaining the weapons and support in recruits as they move along. They didn't just start this last week... they have been working towards this goal and building this plan for a long time... for years.

Now we know why 1000 Iraqis were being killed every month for the last 6 months. JMHO

• Upvote 2

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama said Friday that the United States “will not be sending U.S. troops back into combat in Iraq” at this time, but that he would be reviewing a range of other options to support the Iraqi government against a sweeping advance by militant fighters.

President Obama said Friday that unless Iraq fixes its internal political problems, short-term military help from the United States won’t make much difference.

“Any action that we may take…has to be joined by a serious and sincere effort by Iraq’s leaders,” President Obama said.

Any decision on U.S. military support for Iraq “is going to take several days,” adding that “this is not going to happen overnight,” he said.

President Obama also said he believes the civil war in Syria has been spilling over into Iraq “for some time.”

“Nobody has an interest in seeing terrorists gain a foothold inside of Iraq,” he said.

Referring to Iraq’s turmoil and problems, President Obama said “we are not going to be able to do it for them.” He said unless Iraq fixes its internal political problems, short-term military help from the United States won’t make much difference.

“The U.S. will do our part. But understand that ultimately it’s up to the Iraqis, as a sovereign nation, to solve their problems,” he said.

No doubt this is just a political play to get a State of Emergency to try to retain power by Maliki..

This sounds like a open call to parliament to sack Maliki..
  • Upvote 1

You nailed it brother.

I suspect this goes even further than we know. Ever wonder where the weapons we

were running through Bengazi went. SUDDENLY this ISIS group comes from nowhere

and controls halve of Iraq. Is it possible that this entire event is America wanting

to get paid? Much more going on here than meets the eye.

• Upvote 2

No doubt this is just a political play to get a State of Emergency to try to retain power by Maliki..

Well if that's what he's up to, he has certainly pulled out all stops on this one...... The man in this picture was executed right after this photo was taken...

They are about 50 miles north of Baghdad ....... It's interesting that folks suggest  he has enough power to actually pull this off as a political ruse, yet not enough power to gather enough votes to win the election..... I can't imagine how that would work... but would love to hear the theories... :)

iraq-execution_2939456b.jpg

You nailed it brother.

I suspect this goes even further than we know. Ever wonder where the weapons we

were running through Bengazi went. SUDDENLY this ISIS group comes from nowhere

and controls halve of Iraq. Is it possible that this entire event is America wanting

to get paid? Much more going on here than meets the eye.

Uhmmmm there was a long thread wherein the weapons were discussed darlin... They went to Syria...... The US way of trying to keep their hands clean while doing everything possible to effect the outcome.... Syria remains among those without a central bank btw....

I don't understand the America getting paid.... but if there is money to be made, I'm sure our corporate interests are very well represented...

And good to see ya LGD :D .

• Upvote 1

hiya Rayzur.  my take is this, as unsubstantiated as it might be.  it is the very fact that Maliki could not win the election is why he must maintain control through a War Act.  if parliament institutes a state of emergency and writes into law a war power Act, maliki would reign over all government through military jurisdiction.... until the state of emergency is deemed ended.  how long do you think the state of emergency would continue?  yep, good luck ending it.  this is expressly why parliament could not meet quorum to vote on the Act.  there were members who agreed together that it was best to stall and delay utilizing the same type of tactics Maliki has used to prevent any relevant laws from being passed.  

Maliki isn't done though.  it appears his cabinet is searching out other means to seize a military state without the approval of parliament.  

Yeah Rayzur, it's all about Central Banks. That's why Qaddafi was taken out, he refused to play there game and was trying to set up an continental African currency, and an African Central Bank, not affiliated with the IMF, World Bank cartel.

Wm13

• Upvote 1

hiya Rayzur.  my take is this, as unsubstantiated as it might be.  it is the very fact that Maliki could not win the election is why he must maintain control through a War Act.  if parliament institutes a state of emergency and writes into law a war power Act, maliki would reign over all government through military jurisdiction.... until the state of emergency is deemed ended.  how long do you think the state of emergency would continue?  yep, good luck ending it.  this is expressly why parliament could not meet quorum to vote on the Act.  there were members who agreed together that it was best to stall and delay utilizing the same type of tactics Maliki has used to prevent any relevant laws from being passed.  

Maliki isn't done though.  it appears his cabinet is searching out other means to seize a military state without the approval of parliament.

Remember Rome with a Caesar,Germany with Hitler and countless other dictatorships..
  • Upvote 2

Yeah Rayzur, it's all about Central Banks. That's why Qaddafi was taken out, he refused to play there game and was trying to set up an continental African currency, and an African Central Bank, not affiliated with the IMF, World Bank cartel.

Wm13

also, he met with african leaders to convince them to standardize their monetary policy around the "Gold Dinar".  his plan was to replace the petrodollar with the gold dinar.  not dissimilar to hussein who no longer desired to denominate oil by the petrodollar.  

at the end of the day we begin to realize that the world is run by bullies in direct contrast to how we teach our children.  the ones with the biggest guns rule those with little guns.  after all the dialogue and pacts and agreements and treaties.....violence rules this earth.  

come Lord Jesus

• Upvote 2

hey Trinity.... not sure if we are actually on different pages, so I'll be more concrete as we may be aligned.... I don't think Maliki has in any way used any degree of power to bring about the events as they are currently unfolding in Iraq.... I believe the events in Iraq are the organic result of what has been happening in the larger border areas  in general and has finally spilled onto their soil... Now Maliki may well be taking advantage of the situation... either to remain in power for a little longer, or as PM for a lot longer.... (or whatever drives him).... However I don't see this as politics played out, and conversely (perhaps) more like politics (in the strict sense) taking advantage.... There is also an outside chance that Maliki is working toward maintaining stability for the greater good.... (however he defines that).... So in that sense, we may be agreeing.... not sure... but hopefully I was a bit more direct so you can determine if so...  :D 

Wm13

Yup that sits at the depth of the bottom line in all of this.... (glances toward Ukraine) And yes Trinity... that is exactly what went on with Gaddafi.

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

What I heard Obama say was.

" I will not react to any of these crisis until my staff receives the new pole numbers and this could take several days"

"Pole" numbers?

What kind of pole numbers? A stripper's pole? A pole cat?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4