Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Interesting analysis of the current situation

KristiD

I've been invested in the dinar for only 3 years, but it's long enough to know not to believe all the rumors that pop up.  However, as I am new age kind of gal, I like and follow Phoenix (along with only a couple of others who seem knowledgeable and realistic about the whole situation in Iraq).  Last month Phoenix proposed the following theory:

Maliki will be reelected and the CBI will announce that the dinar will now be "asset backed" and they will then issue the new currency - that is the RV will happen.  Phoenix expects the rate to be in the 30 cent range.  Kurdistan will secede because Maliki was reelected and violence will break out.  While Phoenix didn't report the time frame in the below link, he did give it on his radio show and he believes this will all happen by July 1.

Last night, Phoenix - who still believes the above, added the following.

Since one of the reasons that Iraq purposefully devalued their dinar back in 2003 was to keep financing out of terrorists' hands - and now that ISIS just stole 500 billion dinar from the banks in Mosul, which equates to over $429 million, the terrorists are now really well funded.  Phoenix believes that the CBI will be forced to RV immediately and that they will put a really short (maybe only a 30 days) cash in time frame before the existing currency is declared invalid.  This will force the terrorists to try to cash in their stolen dinar right away.  There may even be records of the serial numbers of the stolen dinar, but in any event, it will likely be difficult for them to cash in that much dinar quickly and they will not likely be able to cash it all in within the 30 day window.  ISIS would then not be able to use all (and hopefully not much) of the $429 million they just stole.  Phoenix said on his show Wed, that he expects this to happen at any moment, but at least within the next 30 days.

I find this an interesting theory and it does make sense.  But I also think that with Iraq, nothing really matters until they actually take action.  Still, as far as rumors go -  you gotta admit this is a good one!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOO  RV!!!!

• Upvote 7

This DOES make a positive out of a negative situation that is now going on over there, but it is hard to get excited anymore, isn't it. The $0.10 - $0.30 range sounds great to me. Go  ! Go! Go! Go ! RV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Couple interesting items in the new (not rumor) department indicate a couple different movements might be taking place over there now with the extreme violence and instability,  and Maliki might be removed for his failure to get any handle on the problem.  His idea of handling it is yelling and pleading to us.  His countrymates likely realize by now that 'Bama cannot be counted on, and certainly isn't likely to do anything timely or right.  Be interesting to see how that plays out.  The Kurds are now in full, undisputed control of Kirkut, which they must be overjoyed about.  They are not likely to give it up without a fight.

• Upvote 1

I just read articles that pretty much state that the country of Iraq knows that Maliki staged all of this violence.  He told his troops to stand down and just leave Mosul.  He did this all in an attempt to enforce the emergency status and therefore never have to leave office and therefore never be charged with crimes against humanity.  He is a scum bag.  Another article says that all of the house of representatives has demanded that Maliki resign effective tomorrow on Friday the 13th.  I think things are great over there.  This country is really fighting for democracy and knows that you can live better with it than in their present circumstances.  I really believe that once Maliki is gone things will really take off in Iraq.  There will be a new government this weekend.  I think there will be a new prime minister announced at the same time.  After that things should really rock n roll.  I really hope this is it.  7+ years for me, time to move on.

• Upvote 5

I do not interject on any opinions, But really....;they are fighting to hold on to what they got, people are being put death in Iraq. They are loosing ground in all their major cities. And this would not effect the timing of the RV..... That's like saying. let's RV our currency after the 911 attacks.......Well that's my take on it....believe me I want this RV to happen, I have been in this merry go round for almost 10 years. But every time we get close, something goes wrong. :shrug:

Edited by lost one

I've got more questions than answers...

Why if the ISIS is out for revenge against Maliki... why would Maliki tell his military to stand down?

The ISIS formed during the "US Surge" in 2006 and 2007 and were driven out... they went underground in Iraq and into Syria to fight. They have been planning this for over two years... they HATE the Shiite Maliki dictatorship and say they are there to "Free The Sunni's". The Sunni citizens are supporting that and joining forces with them or just being compliant to stay alive. I wonder how many of the soldiers and police that ran were Sunni and if not how much knowlege they had of who the ISIS is and what their capable of.

The ISIS is NOT your run of the mill terrorist group!!!