Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Would Be Intruders Get the Surprise of Their Life!

Another good 2nd Amendment story...

Would Be Intruders Get the Surprise of Their Life!

One resident at an East Point, Ga. apartment complex took decisive action to avoid becoming the latest crime victim in the community. Local police say there have been six break-ins at the complex within just the past week; and when a trio of young men came knocking at one door late last week, the occupant was ready.

The individuals claimed to be police. When the unidentified renter opened the door and they tried to force their way in, however, it was clear she was skeptical from the beginning.

At least one subject pulled a handgun on the resident but quickly learned she had a firearm of her own. The resident drew her handgun and fired three shots, reportedly striking one of the suspects twice.

The woman spoke to a local ABC affiliate on the condition of anonymity, suggesting the attempted break-in could have been “retaliation.”

Two of the three suspects got away and the third – with gunshot wounds to the head and backside – caught by police a short time after the incident. Despite the obvious attempt on her life, the renter’s thoughts remain with the juvenile suspect she shot.

“I just hope the boy is OK,” she said.

As for resident Ramona Ferrell, she is glad her neighbor is safe but is saddened by the impact crime has had in the neighborhood.

She said she was at home when the incident occurred, noting she “knew it was gunshots” and that it “was very close.”

Ferrell noted that such attempts have grown frustratingly common recently.

“I think it’s ridiculous,” she explained. “Something should be done. There’s a lot going on in this apartment complex.”

She concluded that the result of this latest attempt highlights what has become of her community.

“I’m glad she did have something,” Ferrell said, though she noted that it is “sad that you have to walk around as a female with a gun to protect yourself.”

Photo credit: The Knowles Gallery (Creative Commons)

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/pistol-packing-renter-didnt-buy-intruders-story/#SHhoij3rhUmMAvEz.99

• Upvote 4

Its has come down to this, evil knows no boundaries.  Male, female or child are not exempt from wrong doers, we have to protect ourselves with whatever means necessary.  We just hope that the outcome is in our favor.

We pray that divine assistances remains always with us. 

• Upvote 4

I've always been afraid of guns.  But unfortunately its something that Im gonna have to get over and deal with.  

It is my responsibility first and foremost to protect myself.  From anyone and anything.  

There is nothing worst than being faced with some form of danger and not having a way out.

So Im gonna learn to fight (self defense) :butt-kicking:  and Im gonna buy a gun and learn to use it.   :cowboy2:  :cowboy1:

And I agree Patty "we pray that divine assistances remains always with us"

• Upvote 4

I've always been afraid of guns.  But unfortunately its something that Im gonna have to get over and deal with.  

It is my responsibility first and foremost to protect myself.  From anyone and anything.  

There is nothing worst than being faced with some form of danger and not having a way out.

So Im gonna learn to fight (self defense) :butt-kicking:  and Im gonna buy a gun and learn to use it.   :cowboy2:  :cowboy1:

And I agree Patty "we pray that divine assistances remains always with us"

Do not be afraid of them...have a healthy respect for them. Go to a range, rent a gun and have someone teach you how to take apart and put a hand gun back together. Start with that. Repeat that as often as you need to. Then when you are no longer afraid of it...then have someone teach you how to load, again repeat as often until you are comfortable. Then when you are comfortable with that then take a class on how to shoot and gun safety. When you take the course you will already know what they are talking about and your confidence will grow ...I promise.

I have done this with a few of my friends and you would be soooo surprised. I know it seems a little repetitive, but a respect and total knowledge of the inner workings is sooo helpful.

IMO 

• Upvote 2