Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQ ON EDGE OVER SPIRALING VIOLENCE

Wiljor

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/middleeast/2014/05/iraq-edge-over-spiralling-violence-201452915930295389.html#.U4efsEL_fNI.gmail

Iraq on edge over spiralling violence

Unrest across the country is at its highest level since sectarian violence reached a peak back in 2007.

Last updated: 29 May 2014 15:34

icon_listen_article.png
toolsEmail.gif

toolsPrint.gif

toolsShare.gif

toolsFeedback.gif

665003303001_3594817063001_2014529152755

Dozens of people were killed in a string of attacks across Iraq on Wednesday in one of the worst days of violence in more than five years.

Unrest is at its highest level since sectarian violence reached a peak back in 2007.

Many Iraqis are now wondering if the attacks will ever stop.

Al Jazeera's Imran Khan reports from Baghdad.

Pretty brief article Wiljor...brought it in for you.

Violence is just another way of saying, ''my life sucks, give me some oil money".....just a negotiating tactic. Must be frustrating as hell for an average Iraqi. The country is sitting on a pile of money in the form of oil that could make them all very, very, very rich, if they could only get along. So that's the choice: get along, be fair, or be poor and kill each other......it will be interesting to see what they decide, in time.

• Upvote 3

Funny how the religions in that part of the world think kaos is a good thing

And "their" god will reward them for that

I don't give them credit for having any sensibility

Their religions are lies in my opinion

Well ya wake up a 5 am in Iraq and the ground is 90 degrees

Still hot from yesterday and the sun is rising your praying to some goofy god of theirs for rain but instead your get a giant dust storm

So being as miserable as they are

Don't efff with them

They don't have much desire to live in the first place

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm not defending the actions of these people, by any means, but I wonder if, after the dinar RV's and more jobs become available, so that these people can earn decent pay, if maybe then there will be less violence. In a country where the money is being held down in value, it would seem that younger people might find it difficult to find an entry point into an almost nonexistent job market so they can be creative in building their own lives. Perhaps it's that, if they can't create, they destroy . . . maybe. Does this make sense? People who feel that they have a real chance to change their lives, to build them into something they want and can be proud of, seem to be intent on building, not destroying. 

• Upvote 2

I just don't know. To me it seems that anytime either someone groups consider important goes to jail , loses power , oil industry progress is made , or major changes for good seem possibly on the horizon . The enemies of Iraq last resort is to try and destabilize the country by any means . I say go forward for the good of all

• Upvote 2

With a foundation of violence in their religious system I don't see that going away....it could improve amongst themselves somewhat IMO if as Francie already said the financial horizon becomes brighter!!! Let's hope they "Git-R-Dun" soon!!! :)

Pure calling in air strikes to destroy the "largest" and "most dangerous" strongholds Daash

FRIDAY, 30 MAY / MAY 2014 16:22 H C / P P  

Twilight News / demanded the administration Khalis Friday security authorities to launch air strikes continuing warplanes to destroy what he called the "largest" and "most dangerous" strongholds of the organization of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant "Daash" in areas north of the pure and the common areas of Diyala and Salahuddin.

610xcmr.jpgThe head of the Council of pure Saad Taher Jumaili for "Twilight News" that the areas north of Khalis has become the largest organization Daash strongholds and militants fleeing from Anbar, Salahuddin and Mosul, warning of attacks targeting civilians in Khalis, and related accessories.

Khalis and subjected to a missile attack yesterday behind Vtly and 6 wounded, security sources confirmed that the rocket attacks were carried out from one of the remote areas north of Khalis.

Security officials confirmed the presence of security lapses between the Diyala and Salah al-Din became a conduit for the infiltration of militants into Diyala and vice versa because of the difficulty of controlling the ground and caught by the security forces as a result of the vast expanses of nature and geographical terrain.

The Jumaili remote areas north of Khalis suffered many attacks in recent months targeted the headquarters of security checkpoints because of the influx of militants Daash to the northern outskirts of Khalis and Diyala province, noting that the parties to the pure North has become a "large and dangerous hotbeds of terrorism, the security of Diyala."

He called on security authorities to conduct warplanes and air campaigns continued to hit the dens and strongholds Daash between Diyala, Salahuddin and not only security operations wilderness that became exposed by the insurgents.

And keep track of the town of Khalis, Diyala province, 15 km north of Baquba, and is one of the most important areas in the province of Diyala, which runs one of the most strategic roads in Iraq, which connects the north and south of the country is center-aligned.

I spent nearly 5 years in Iraq and the one thing I am sure of is that violence and hate is way of life over there. It has gone on for thousands of years and will never change, RV or not. Islam is not and never has been a religion of peace. While I still hope for for some kind of positive resolution in regards to the dinar, who knows if this will ever happen.

• Upvote 4

I spent nearly 5 years in Iraq and the one thing I am sure of is that violence and hate is way of life over there. It has gone on for thousands of years and will never change, RV or not. Islam is not and never has been a religion of peace. While I still hope for for some kind of positive resolution in regards to the dinar, who knows if this will ever happen.

Islam was violent from the beginning (due to jealousy and greed) . Ishmael (son of Abraham and Hagar the servant) is the father of the Islamic families. According to the book of Jasher, XXI:14, Ishmael tried to kill Issac (the son of Abraham and Sarah - God's "promised" heir to them) (son of the Spirit not the flesh) with a bow and arrow. By the way, the book of Jasher is mentioned in two books of the Bible. (Joshua 10:13 and II Samuel 1:18) Jasher is a great read and expands on many stories of the Bible.

Wm13

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wm13 I glad you posted this, not many people know about the two sons of Abraham and how each legacy has stretched past thousands of years to today. I think the RV will not change the road Iraqis follow, but certainly hope it would.

From what I saw, the men in Iraq will never work. They try to find a piece of shade to squat in while their slave women bust their butts. They are probably sorrier than our men of the hood standing around waiting for a handout.

No, no, no!!  Islam is a religion of peace!  When everyone believes and thinks the way "their" sect of Islam believes and thinks, or is dead, they will have peace.  And not until.  The death of an infidel brings peace1  The death of the "enemy" gives peace.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My friend well said.  I spent zero time in Iraq but I do educate myself of world culture and religion.  Islam has NEVER been a peaceful religion.  When they have to say it, you must question everything.  How many other religions have come out and said they are a peaceful religion?  NONE!   They teach their young to hate, it's like any prejudice.   You know in Islam they have words for Jews and Christians, they are pigs and apes/monkeys.   And it's only because they are a jew or a christian.   Not for any other reason.  They don't value human life.  Everything is just flesh to them, to rape, to burn, to torture, to make suffer, so what type of god is that that would condone all that???  And the prophet, well that has a lot to be desired when you read up on him too.   Those that have eyes to see will see.

• Upvote 1

Who is going to invest in Iraq with all the violence taking place? Even if this RV's soon, the infrastructure would not support JUST oil and gas business. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, what foreign company will set up shop there when their business might be wiped off the map by a car bomb, suicide attack, continued killing etc.. (I'm sure there are some) Even if you are a local, are businesses opening up? Are people moving the money around? IMO things have to calm down and the violence diminished drastically before the international community looks real hard at Iraq and says it's ok and safe to set your business.

All the gold reserves, cash on hand, oil reserves and many other things that make this country so rich, as long as they are killing each other like this on a daily basis, It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Upvote 1

Violence is just another way of saying, ''my life sucks, give me some oil money".....just a negotiating tactic. Must be frustrating as hell for an average Iraqi. The country is sitting on a pile of money in the form of oil that could make them all very, very, very rich, if they could only get along. So that's the choice: get along, be fair, or be poor and kill each other......it will be interesting to see what they decide, in time.

Violence does not have the same meaning in Iraq as it does in America. 

You could kill 100 people in every Iraqi city and as long as they are not all from the same religious sect - who cares?

The people of Iraq are so used to not having wealth that life goes on for them. A few have everything and the majority have nothing. That is normal for them.

The idea that there will be mass violence across the country is just plain stupid.

It will only occur IF they're religious leadership calls for it & they are being well paid off.

That is how the country has always operated - take or buy whatever you want! ;(

• Upvote 1

Man, I got negged for being ironic!  Oh, well.  Let me say it straight.

Radical Islamic teaching believes that the way to win an argument, get their point across, or make converts is by way of violence.  It is not a religion of peace.  Violence is a way of life for most Islamic states.  Civil war, even if it comes will be a normal transition of life in Iraq.  If there is not a civil war (oxymoron) there will still be conflict and violence.  

But this will not postpone the rv, it will happen. 

• Upvote 3

Man, I got negged for being ironic!  Oh, well.  Let me say it straight.

Radical Islamic teaching believes that the way to win an argument, get their point across, or make converts is by way of violence.  It is not a religion of peace.

I saw that Nelg. Don't know what idiot negged you but I evend you out and pluses this one. Peace!

I saw that Nelg. Don't know what idiot negged you but I evend you out and pluses this one. Peace!

That's EVENED and PLUSED. Freakin autocorrect!
  • Upvote 1