Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

EO 13303 Extended by Whit House

Thanks for the article, however, I personally don't feel it will have any affect on a possible RV. It's all about control. This is needed to "protect" the DFI funds as well as allowing the U.S. control. Nothing new there. I would imagine it will stay in effect until they decide otherwise. A revaluation would be a pretty good reason to drop EO 13303, but you never know. The U.S. is pretty greedy!

WEL THERE GOES ANOTHER RV/RI FOR A YEAR

Precisely. 

That's the proof of what I've been saying all along ---- that Iraq doesn't have it's sh__ together enough to have a normal rate.

So now, for the next year, just continue to debunk any and all posts of "this is our week," "SUPERFANTASTIC," etc.

You have something to point to as total proof of it not happening for another year at least.

I might be reading more into this than there really is, but I think this will help move Iraq in the right direction.

The President signed an Executive Order (E.O.), “Ending Immunities Granted to the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Iraqi Property and Interests in Property Pursuant to Executive Order 13303, as Amended,” terminating the prohibitions contained in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as amended, on any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process with respect to the Development Fund for Iraq and Iraqi petroleum, petroleum products, and interests therein, and the accounts, assets, investments, and other property of the Central Bank of Iraq.  The E.O. does not otherwise affect the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303, as expanded in scope by Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, which remains in place and continues as the basis for certain sanctions on the former Iraqi regime, its senior officials and their family members, and designated persons who threaten stabilization efforts in Iraq.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140527.aspx

• Upvote 4

I might be reading more into this than there really is, but I think this will help move Iraq in the right direction.

The President signed an Executive Order (E.O.), “Ending Immunities Granted to the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Iraqi Property and Interests in Property Pursuant to Executive Order 13303, as Amended,” terminating the prohibitions contained in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as amended, on any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process with respect to the Development Fund for Iraq and Iraqi petroleum, petroleum products, and interests therein, and the accounts, assets, investments, and other property of the Central Bank of Iraq.  The E.O. does not otherwise affect the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303, as expanded in scope by Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, which remains in place and continues as the basis for certain sanctions on the former Iraqi regime, its senior officials and their family members, and designated persons who threaten stabilization efforts in Iraq.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140527.aspx

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure what is going on, but I went to the White house Executive Orders and found this.  I'm puzzled why 2 weeks ago Obama signs an Executive Order to protect Iraq's Assestts in the US and today he basically rescinds .  These are definitely very interesting times.   :)

May 27, 2014

Executive Order: Ending Immunities Granted to the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Iraqi Property and Interests in Property Pursuant to Executive Order 13303, as Amended  

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

ENDING IMMUNITIES GRANTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT FUND FOR
IRAQ AND CERTAIN OTHER IRAQI PROPERTY AND INTERESTS IN
PROPERTY PURSUANT TO EXECUTIVE ORDER 13303, AS AMENDED

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, as amended (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), section 5 of the United Nations Participation Act, as amended (22 U.S.C. 287c) (UNPA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,

I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, have determined that the situation that gave rise to the actions taken in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, to protect the Development Fund for Iraq and certain other property in which the Government of Iraq has an interest has been significantly altered. Recognizing the changed circumstances in Iraq, including the Government of Iraq's progress in resolving and managing the risk associated with outstanding debts and claims arising from actions of the previous regime, I hereby terminate the prohibitions contained in section 1 of Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, on any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process with respect to the Development Fund for Iraq and Iraqi petroleum, petroleum products, and interests therein, and the accounts, assets, investments, and other property owned by, belonging to, or held by, in the name of, on behalf of, or otherwise for, the Central Bank of Iraq. This action is not intended otherwise to affect the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as expanded in scope by Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, which shall remain in place. This action is also not intended to affect immunities enjoyed by the Government of Iraq and its property under otherwise applicable law.

I hereby order:

Section 1. The prohibitions set forth in section 1 of Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, are hereby terminated.

Sec. 2. The Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State, is hereby authorized to take such actions, including the promulgation of rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA and the UNPA as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this order. The Secretary of the Treasury may redelegate any of these functions to other officers and agencies of the United States Government. All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their statutory authority to carry out the provisions of this order.

Sec. 3. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

Sec. 4. This order shall be transmitted to the Congress and published in the Federal Register.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/05/27/executive-order-ending-immunities-granted-development-fund-iraq-and-cert

Here was the EO signed May 17th, less than 10 days ago.

For Immediate Release
May 17, 2013

Notice -- Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq  

NOTICE

- - - - - - -

CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY
WITH RESPECT TO THE STABILIZATION OF IRAQ

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) to deal with the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by obstacles to the continued reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq.

The obstacles to the continued reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. For this reason, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303, as modified in scope and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13438 of July 17, 2007, must continue in effect beyond May 22, 2013. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq declared in Executive Order 13303.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/05/18/notice-continuation-national-emergency-respect-stabilization-iraq

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 2

It looks like the money that was being held in the USA is not immune from garnishment any more

As far as us govt protections

But a couple weeks back Iraq claimed they had a safe place for those funds

As in this article

April 22, 2014

Official: Iraqi funds in the United States will not go to creditors after the lifting of immunity

Said committee member Abdul Hussein al-Yasiri economic:

That there is a settlement agreement with the United States was approved by Parliament in 2011, to ensure Iraq after the UN mandate continued U.S. protection to Iraqi funds in the Development Fund for Iraq.

Ruled Yasiri what was said about these the money will go to creditors after the lifting of immunity, asserting that U.S. President Barack Obama issued a decision to the protection of Iraq's reserves in all banks in the world and of the Central Bank of Iraq. has been approved by the House of Representatives in 2011 on the Convention on the Settlement of claims for the protection of Iraqi assets deposited in the Development Fund for Iraq (DFI) from lawsuits compensation in U.S. courts.

according to news agency dinars on the other hand assured the Parliamentary Finance Committee wary of raising U.S. protection for Iraqi funds deposited in the Development Fund for Iraq, while confirming that there is a settlement agreement approved by Parliament in 2011 to ensure the protection of those funds after the lifting of immunity.

mentioned that Minister of Finance Agency purity of net debt and the presence of the governor of the Iraqi Central Bank Search in building the Iraqi Embassy United States of America in Washington, with the legal adviser to the Ministry of Finance of the Foundation Cleary Kutlb development of procedures that will protect Iraqi funds abroad and to be implemented by the Iraqi government after the end of the period of immunity in 22 /5/2014.

Net has ruled out extension of the international protection of Iraqi funds abroad, estimated at 180 billion dollars. , and pointed out that Iraq has the means capable of providing the necessary protection for his money and that the government is seeking to settle the entire debt obligations, according to the agreements signed in the Paris Club.

The net debt that Iraq ended three and forty state while negotiations are under way to repay the debt to the rest of the eight countries only. source

Link needs translation for above

http://www.mubasher.info/mobile/ISX/news/2528731/مسئول-الأموال-العراقية-في-أمريكا-لن-تذهب-للدائنين-بعد-رفع-الحصانة#.U4UjYHm9K0c

This is what I've been waiting to hear about

Add couple news article from another section to Iraq News....and Thanks Great Finds....

happygilmore

•  
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted Today, 06:27 PM

http://www.treasury....s/20140527.aspx

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/178709-issuance-of-new-iraq-related-executive-order/#ixzz32xmuJWHc

Posted Today, 07:04 PM From 

Butifldrm

I'm not sure what is going on, but I went to the White house Executive Orders and found this.  I'm puzzled why 2 weeks ago Obama signs an Executive Order to protect Iraq's Assestts in the US and today he basically rescinds .  These are definitely very interesting times.    :)

May 27, 2014

Executive Order: Ending Immunities Granted to the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Iraqi Property and Interests in Property Pursuant to Executive Order 13303, as Amended  

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

ENDING IMMUNITIES GRANTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT FUND FOR
IRAQ AND CERTAIN OTHER IRAQI PROPERTY AND INTERESTS IN
PROPERTY PURSUANT TO EXECUTIVE ORDER 13303, AS AMENDED

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, as amended (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), section 5 of the United Nations Participation Act, as amended (22 U.S.C. 287c) (UNPA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,

I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, have determined that the situation that gave rise to the actions taken in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, to protect the Development Fund for Iraq and certain other property in which the Government of Iraq has an interest has been significantly altered. Recognizing the changed circumstances in Iraq, including the Government of Iraq's progress in resolving and managing the risk associated with outstanding debts and claims arising from actions of the previous regime, I hereby terminate the prohibitions contained in section 1 of Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, on any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process with respect to the Development Fund for Iraq and Iraqi petroleum, petroleum products, and interests therein, and the accounts, assets, investments, and other property owned by, belonging to, or held by, in the name of, on behalf of, or otherwise for, the Central Bank of Iraq. This action is not intended otherwise to affect the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as expanded in scope by Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, which shall remain in place. This action is also not intended to affect immunities enjoyed by the Government of Iraq and its property under otherwise applicable law.

I hereby order:

Section 1. The prohibitions set forth in section 1 of Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, are hereby terminated.

Sec. 2. The Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State, is hereby authorized to take such actions, including the promulgation of rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA and the UNPA as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this order. The Secretary of the Treasury may redelegate any of these functions to other officers and agencies of the United States Government. All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their statutory authority to carry out the provisions of this order.

Sec. 3. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

Sec. 4. This order shall be transmitted to the Congress and published in the Federal Register.

http://www.whitehous...d-iraq-and-cert

Here was the EO signed May 17th, less than 10 days ago.

For Immediate Release
May 17, 2013

Notice -- Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq  

NOTICE

- - - - - - -

CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY
WITH RESPECT TO THE STABILIZATION OF IRAQ

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) to deal with the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by obstacles to the continued reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq.

The obstacles to the continued reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. For this reason, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303, as modified in scope and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13438 of July 17, 2007, must continue in effect beyond May 22, 2013. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq declared in Executive Order 13303.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,

http://www.whitehous...bilization-iraq

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/178709-issuance-of-new-iraq-related-executive-order/#ixzz32xnOd9le

This is a notice to officially terminate a prohibition contained in EO13303 22 May 2003; the Development Fund for Iraq (DFI).

The recent Notice of Extension was on the continuation of national emergency.  

CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY WITH

RESPECT TO THE STABILIZATION OF IRAQ

• Upvote 2

:bulb:  Markinsa the post you closed today and said it is the same as this one is not the same.  It was signed and dated today, May 27, 2014, by Barack Obama:

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/iraq_eo_2014.pdf

you closed:

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/178727-issuance-of-new-iraq-related-executive-order/

:bananacamel:

Thanks starlight. I posted it, but Markinsa was correct. It is in the middle of this thread. Butifldrm posted the whole thing. Great news for us.

:bulb:  Markinsa the post you closed today and said it is the same as this one is not the same.  It was signed and dated today, May 27, 2014, by Barack Obama:

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/iraq_eo_2014.pdf

you closed:

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/178727-issuance-of-new-iraq-related-executive-order/

:bananacamel:

Edited by rsskelton

Issuance of New Iraq-Related Executive Order 

5/27/2014 

​ 

The President signed an Executive Order (E.O.), “Ending Immunities Granted to the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Iraqi Property and Interests in Property Pursuant to Executive Order 13303, as Amended,” terminating the prohibitions contained in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as amended, on any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process with respect to the Development Fund for Iraq and Iraqi petroleum, petroleum products, and interests therein, and the accounts, assets, investments, and other property of the Central Bank of Iraq. The E.O. does not otherwise affect the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303, as expanded in scope by Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, which remains in place and continues as the basis for certain sanctions on the former Iraqi regime, its senior officials and their family members, and designated persons who threaten stabilization efforts in Iraq.