Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

EO 13303 Extended by Whit House

For Immediate Release

May 19, 2014

Letter to the Congress -- Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq  

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Mr. President:)

Section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)) provides for the automatic termination of a national emergency unless, within 90 days prior to the anniversary date of its declaration, the President publishes in the Federal Register and transmits to the Congress a notice stating that the emergency is to continue in effect beyond the anniversary date. In accordance with this provision, I have sent to the Federal Register for publication the enclosed notice stating that the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq that was declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, is to continue in effect beyond May 22, 2014.

Obstacles to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. Accordingly, I have determined that it is necessary to continue the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq.

Sincerely,

BARACK OBAMA

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/05/19/letter-congress-continuation-national-emergency-respect-stabilization-ir

• Upvote 4

Evidently this was planned.

Iraqi's (et al): Iraqi funds are protected and do not need to renew protection

By Adminmo eight four 19/5/2014 | Views: 7616

Font Size: font_decrease.gif font_enlarge.gif

Iraqi's (et al): Iraqi funds are protected and do not need to renew protection

Et al - Saadi Youssef

Said a member of the Finance Committee for the Iraqi List Hassan Suleiman said Iraq had already paid last year, $ 500 million in interest for the Iraqi funds in America.

He said Solomon in a statement singled out by the Agency for News News (et)that these funds are protected by the agreement with the United States nor Iraq needs to renew being fulfilled its debts with Kuwait as the seventh item, and this money will go back to Iraq and to the Central Bank and forwarded to the Ministry of Finance for the purpose of entering into budget.

The twenty-second of May of each year, the date the annual renewal of the extension of the protection of Iraqi funds in the United States, which amounts to a total value of approximately 180 billion dollars is renewed every year on the same date has already and that Iraq's request of the U.S. administration for three consecutive times to protect his money deposited in U.S. banks for the years from 2011 to 2014, especially after fulfilling its obligations to creditors while Iraq is the countries that have crossed a lot of debt that Bzmtha and finished from that debt to more than 43 countries and the rest of the approximately eight countries will be met with the repayment, according to the agreements signed in the Paris Club.

However, near the due date and the Ministry of Finance confirmed that Iraq will ask the U.S. side to protect him renew his money deposited in U.S. banks, to assume the responsibility of the Iraqi Central Bank management after the withdrawal of Iraq from the provisions of Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.

The Central Bank of Iraq, Iraq's ability to protect those funds, especially since he plans in advance for how to manage them and defend them under the regulations and international conventions. 
said the former deputy governor of the central bank, the appearance of Mohammed Saleh, said that "Iraq has met its obligations to creditors who appeared after the year 2003, whether they are governments or traders or businessmen, according to the Paris Club agreement, the judge, to pay 20 percent of the amounts owed ​​by him in the form of payments for waiver of those actors about 80 percent, or 10 percent cash payment in exchange for ceding 90 percent. "

http://khabaar.net/index.php/permalink/19781.html

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 1

But it doesn't say how long it is extended! ???? So what does this mean for us?

As

long as I've been in this ex 13303 is always extended for one year. Further, I believe

With this and Muppet master Maliki remaining in office were in for a long wait.

EO 13303 is not just about protecting DFI account in the United States, but it is also about giving absolute protections to US interest in Iraq (oil/petroleum industry).

Of course it will get extended. :)

Edited by zul
  • Upvote 4

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release
May 19, 2014

Notice -- Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq

LINK:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/05/19/notice-continuation-national-emergency-respect-stabilization-iraq

NOTICE

- - - - - - -

CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY WITH

RESPECT TO THE STABILIZATION OF IRAQ

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) to deal with the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by obstacles to the continued reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq.

The obstacles to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. For this reason, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303, as modified in scope and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13438 of July 17, 2007, must continue in effect beyond May 22, 2014. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq declared in Executive Order 13303.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

BARACK OBAMA

As

long as I've been in this ex 13303 is always extended for one year. Further, I believe

With this and Muppet master Maliki remaining in office were in for a long wait.

Did I miss something? I didn't think Maliki one enough seats. The popular vote, yes. But enough to keep his power and beat the coalition, nope.

• Upvote 1

IMO, this protects the us interests in the area. It gives them options. The isx and ESX are still going on the Nasdaq, business is still happening.

If USA needs to step back in, train additional troops, use iraq as a staging area, or help out until iraq can be self sufficient etc. I would think all this would be easier to accomplish with 13303 in place.

The real question in my mind is

1 will the isx and ESX be listed on the Nasdaq at the controlled rate?

2 will they need a credit rating to list.

The doors are about to open. If they were saying Nasdaq entry was delayed I would be more concerned but that isn't the case.

Ideas? Any traders here?

Edited by aitshioud
  • Upvote 3

I think the way it works is, M's party won but they dont have to pick him as prime minister!!! As for the protection act, IMO, I think it is not as much the money part as the stability part. If this expires, then we would have to go to congress again to re-enter with troops or any type of force... Additionally, IMO, I dont believe this has much to do with the RV!!!~~~ GO RV!!!~~~

• Upvote 1

IMO the EO13303 has nothing to do with Iraqis monetary policies and is there for the sole propose of protecting us companies doing business in Iraq.Whatever money the US is holding for Iraq u can bet is only a minute fraction of what is in the ground and it would make good business sense to protect these companies from getting evicted or intimated out of Iraq and preference given to others such as china or Russia to reap long term gains.Its all about the oil and money to be made in the future and I hope and expect it to be renewed for decades until we are all very rich or have Iraq bled dry either way I expect our imminent rv will only be a drop in the ocean to what can be made and I would sure feel more comfortable making it under the US armies protection than relying on the Iraqis

• Upvote 2

2008 Extension

NOTIFICATION THAT THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY WITH RESPECT TO THE

STABILIZATION OF IRAQ IS TO CONTINUE IN EFFECT BEYOND MAY 22, 2008,

PURSUANT TO 50 U.S.C. 1622(d)

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, I declared a national emergency protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and certain other property in which Iraq has an interest, pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) (IEEPA).

May 19, 2009.

CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY WITH RESPECT TO THE STABILIZATION OF IRAQ

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and certain other property in which Iraq has an interest, pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706).

May 12, 2010

Notice from the President on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabalization of Iraq

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and certain other property in which Iraq has an interest, pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 1706).  

May 17, 2011

Notice from the President regarding the continuation of the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and certain other property in which Iraq has an interest, pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701‑1706).  

For Immediate Release May 18, 2012

Notice — Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq

NOTICE

- – - – - – -

CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY WITH RESPECT

TO THE STABILIZATION OF IRAQ

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and certain other property in which Iraq has an interest, pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706).

For Immediate Release

May 17, 2013

Notice -- Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq

NOTICE

- - - - - - -

CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY

WITH RESPECT TO THE STABILIZATION OF IRAQ

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) 

May 19, 2014

NOTICE

- - - - - - -

CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY WITH

RESPECT TO THE STABILIZATION OF IRAQ

On May 22, 2003, by Executive Order 13303, the President declared a national emergency pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) 

From 2008 to 2012 ~ The notice of continuation has always been on protecting the Development Fund for Iraq.

But if we look at 2013 and 2014, the notice of continuation for EO 13303 ~ the wording for the protection of DFI has been omitted.

I find it quite strange, bearing in mind, that this notice is from the office of the President of USA, so I dont think it was left out inadvertently.

Any thought..? 

• Upvote 7

It's about leveraging political/military powers and controls in Iraq, as we know they are an extremely integral and powerful Middle East player.

We're not gonna release our grasp on them and let Iran come barreling through with Maliki's help and revert Iraq back to a nonentity.

• Upvote 1

USA controls Iraq's oil revenues with this EO, and therefore the resources used to back the currency are not in full effect.

Therefore, IMO, we cannot expect an RV/RI to a $3+ range at any time within the next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1