Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Friday at 10:00, The Iraqi Dinar: Fact or Fiction?

Friday at 10:00, The Iraqi Dinar: Fact or Fiction?

Posted on: 9:29 am, May 8, 2014, by Michelle Starkupdated on: 09:31am, May 8, 2014

dinarfactfiction.png?w=372

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Across the country and in the Tennessee Valley, people are buying Iraqi dinar.  They’ve been told it will one day rise sharply in value against the U.S. dollar, leading to a financial windfall for them.

Albertville resident Tim Jones is one of those who bought in, along with his pastor and several church members.  He purchased his dinar years ago and is still waiting for a payoff.

In February, WHNT News 19 took action to find the truth.  Was his investment legit? Our investigation turned up warnings from state regulators, the Better Business Bureau and financial experts, calling dinar investment a scam. It also prompted the Alabama Securities Commission to issue a statewide “Investor Alert” addressing dinar.

Despite those warnings, many people remain invested.  They’re confident in their purchases and offer specific claims as justification for buying in. So are these claims credible? Or are investors being misled?

WHNT News 19′s investigation continues Friday, May 9th at 10:00 p.m.

We’ll dig for the truth; speaking to financial experts, banking executives, government leaders and representatives from the World Bank, IMF and more.

Here are just a few of the claims we’ll explore…

Claim #1: There will be a “revaluation” or “RV” of Iraqi dinar, raising its value against the U.S. dollar and leading to a payoff for the investor

Claim #2: There was a “revaluation” in Kuwait that shows something similar is possible in Iraq

Claim #3: President George W. Bush’s Executive Order 13303 gives Americans special legal rights to hold or invest in Iraqi dinar

Do you know someone who invested in Iraqi dinar, or is thinking about it? Make sure they don’t miss our Taking Action investigation airing Friday, May 9th at 10:00 p.m. You can watch it on-air or through our live stream here on WHNT.com.

• Upvote 1

Trust me they know little to nothing about the Dinar.most people on this forum know 1000 times more about this than they do.We have been reading and finding facts and gathered true knowledge about the Iraqi dinar.even if it never rv's,we still know more.

• Upvote 7

so.... this small town in Alabama is gonna know exactly whats gonna happen with the dinar eh? oh dear god let me sell right now LOL

Easy, it says they're going to talk with people from the World Bank, IMF, "financial experts", bankers, gov't officials, etc. Huntsville's not all that small, not a large city, but there is a huge space / missile / defense operations there. I'll listen to anyone (for a while any way) to hear their opinions. JMO

Wm13

• Upvote 2

I dont care who they talk to, I would expect half-truths at best good or bad.  Im in this for the long haul.  I will never ever sell what I have and get out.  No reason to.  Money is spent and its mine.  It wont leave me unless I can make more than I spent.  No guru, anti-guru, lopster, IMF, CBI, MP, COM, Finance committee, Senator, Governor, President, dignitary, ambassador, broadcaster, economiist, journalist, talking head will convice me to sell my dinar no matter what they say.  If I dont make money it isnt going anywhere.  If its somehow made worthless then so be it.

• Upvote 4

Friday at 10:00, The Iraqi Dinar: Fact or Fiction?

Posted on: 9:29 am, May 8, 2014, by Michelle Starkupdated on: 09:31am, May 8, 2014

In February, WHNT News 19 took action to find the truth.  Was his investment legit? Our investigation turned up warnings from state regulators, the Better Business Bureau and financial experts, calling dinar investment a scam. 

They claim this "Another major red flag? Iraqi dinar generally cannot be bought or sold at U.S. banks"

Which is false. There are a few smaller banks that still do.

Also I think that guy is paid off at the end saying " I wish I never invested"  he invested a 1k.  Not that much to make the claim i wish i never invested. Maybe if he invested 5-10 k it would be more believable. They are just try to scare people away.

They'll change their minds when the RV happens. I think it will happen this year, most likely around July 1st, since that is apparently the beginning of their new year, which I understand is the date the banks want to raise the value of their money unit (the dinar). 

• Upvote 1

It gives me more comfort to know that people who know nothing about this investment are talking about it...... be it positive or negative talk..... They ARE talking about it. It would be nice if it happens this year, but I doubt that it will. I am prepared to wait a few more years, but I sure hope that my preparations are wasted and that it DOES happen this year. One thing is certain, I will not try to purchase any more than what I have right now (and that isn't a whole lot, just enough for comfort if/when it hits).

• Upvote 1

no matter who they interview...its not like they are going to say..."oh yea..its a great investment on November 12, 2015 we are going to revalue to $1.15 and anyone holding the Dinar will be millionaires."

Sorry they will not tip their hand even if the plan was to release the RV tomorrow...nope not gonna do it

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 2

I dont care who they talk to, I would expect half-truths at best good or bad.  Im in this for the long haul.  I will never ever sell what I have and get out.  No reason to.  Money is spent and its mine.  It wont leave me unless I can make more than I spent.  No guru, anti-guru, lopster, IMF, CBI, MP, COM, Finance committee, Senator, Governor, President, dignitary, ambassador, broadcaster, economiist, journalist, talking head will convice me to sell my dinar no matter what they say.  If I dont make money it isnt going anywhere.  If its somehow made worthless then so be it.

I think most of us would agree with sentiments expressed above, though I don't believe the two highlighted statements are correct.  Yes, we have all exchanged our regional currency for Iraqi dinar but unless those dinar were used to make a purchase - the money has not been spent.  If the money were spent, it would no longer be yours.

The dinar isn't worthless.  Just undervalued. 

At this point if anyone chooses to bail on this venture, I don't believe they would lose their money (or initial investment - if that's how you prefer to look at it).  Seeing as how the dinar is not freely traded internationally you will more-than-likely have to utilize a dealer if you chose to bail, at which point you will probably end up losing some money based upon the dealer's buy/sell rate.

• Upvote 2

Ya like they are going to find out if Iraq is going to rv

If they found out it was going to rv and made it public then what

The billionares in New York just buy up all the dinar ?

This is crazy to think they can find out what the Iraqi govt plans are for the dinar

They may think they know but they will be speculating

There's nothing else they could do but speculate

Currency is based on valuation of exports and imports

How many other oil exporting country's that produce trade surpluses on exports have a currency valued at 1166 units per dollar

• Upvote 2

Let me get this straight - do you honestly expect the experts, media, and rich to admit that this investment will pay off?

Since when have folks with means wanted the average person to join their ranks?

I already know it is a long shot & at best I might make a few bucks but what do I have to lose?

I have been in this investment for over 10 years now. The heck with what the "experts" say.....................I am riding this puppy until the end! :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1