Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Speculate on the rate   

180 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think it will come out at and why ?

• less than $0.01
    • $0.01 - $0.10
    • $0.10 - $0.50
    • $0.50 - $1.00
    • $1.00 +
    • $2.00 +
    • $3.00 +
    • guru fairytale rate

I have spent several years in that part of the world and feel that they will try to come close to the Kuwait rate of exchange, so as to not lose face with them. Also there will be more inter country travel between them in the near future.

It's a pitty we can't get every member to vote, I'd like to see where it would come out.

Only 139 votes so far........ I'd like to see 1000

At the moment the majority is sitting between $0.10 to $1.99 , that's a pretty big margin but I like where the general consensus is heading towards 

• Upvote 2

I think it will start out low, .01 to .10 and gradually float to .86. As the economy grows, so will the rate.

( But I'm secretly hoping for .86 out the starting gate, so don't tell anyone!! :twothumbs: )

Edited by Flyboy42

Of course I enjoy hearing everyone's opinion. I love the idea of it coming out or going up to the 3.22. I think that is a great number.  However, I think and have for some time that it will come out at around .859. I think it will go up rather quickly as everyone jumps on the bandwagon.  The reason, 000858960 less 3 zeros. Dropping the 3 zeros will bring it in at the basic price of 1 IQD to 1 USD. I would cash in at that. My family all say they will hold for the 3.22. But no one knows what tomorrow will bring, so I will be thankful for what ever it comes out at...but I wont cash in at a penny. LOL. 

• Upvote 1

.10 to bring in the large notes and slowly rising. Although we all love to see an increase straight away this would be foolish for the iraqi banks and goventment. Think about this logically if you were a bank would you not bring the rate low as to bring in as many Dinar in as posible. Some people would cash in low as they would be to excited wating for a further rise, other may have personell circumstances, feel unable to wait longer or have waited long enough.

If I remember (I sometimes have a memory "problem" these days lol), Adam used to say that Iraq could start an RV low, and then require that people out of country cash in quickly (perhaps within 30 to 60 days or so). CBI could hold the rate down long enough that they would not have to pay us astronomical amounts of money when we cash in. Their gratitude for the use of our money all this time will quite likely be short-lived. lol

I am not caring what it  comes out at. I would just like to see SOME kind of movement just to give us a hint that there really is a chance that this has been an investment that was/is worth the wait.

The major reason I believe it will most likely be between .01 and .10 cents is because Adam says so.

Another reason is the declining state of the country. Iraq has dropped out of the 24 hour news cycle, so

we're not hearing news concerning its ubiquitous violence and killings. World investors know about this.

Thus, a reval will come in low, if only to seem credible.

That spread also seems more 'realistic' than other possibilities. Over the years, the GOI and the CBI have grown accustomed to functioning 

at the comparatively low range of Dinar valuations. Iraqi leaders can still live quite comfortably at a .01 to .10 revaluation, unless

they are provided with compelling reasons to go higher. I can't think of any, considering the ME mess they're in.

Edited by Wayfarer

The major reason I believe it will most likely be between .01 and .10 cents is because Adam says so.

Another reason is the declining state of the country. Iraq has dropped out of the 24 hour news cycle, so

we're not hearing news concerning its ubiquitous violence and killings. World investors know about this.

Thus, a reval will come in low, if only to seem credible.

That spread also seems more 'realistic' than other possibilities. Over the years, the GOI and the CBI have grown accustomed to functioning 

at the comparatively low range of Dinar valuations. Iraqi leaders can still live quite comfortably at a .01 to .10 revaluation, unless

they are provided with compelling reasons to go higher. I can't think of any, considering the ME mess they're in.

This violence and killings of which you speak, is that in Baghdad or Chicago ?