Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly - May 7, 2014

Adam Montana

Happy Wednesday!

Good morning everyone, thanks for tuning in for the weekly update!

Unfortunately, this will be a weak weekly update, as we are simply in a holding pattern right now.

The good news is that Iraq has reported all 165,000 “remote” votes have been accounted for and it is reported that they should be entered within the next couple days.

The Budget to be approved shortly: http://iqd.me/l/w0x4

No winners announced yet, but Sandfly was seen as recent as 8:01 this morning! http://iqd.me/l/w0x1

In some MAJOR news, Iraq is finally allowing 3G to enter the arena… hopefully in preparation for a massive need for updated communication systems! This has been on the table for some time now, it’s great to see it has finally come. Link: http://iqd.me/l/w0x2

And the holding pattern continues… but with any luck, we’re looking for strong news this week or early next. :twothumbs:

dantach Thank you Adam: How can they raise the value of the Dinar, when they don't have

low enough value coins too make change? The lowest coin I find is one dinar.

Good question! The answer is pretty simple - they use USD as well as IQD. If they decided to increase the value to a point where there isn't IQD available to make change, they would substitute USD instead. 

I'm confident that when they do raise the value, they will be focused on flooding the market with lower denoms and also pulling the larger ones out. It shouldn't be a difficult transition.

fred5688 What is a r1 rate

I've never heard that term before. :shrug:

Tripphood Thanks for all you do Adam. My question is :
1. Does FATCA have any effect on our plans as VIP and OSI members? I know that you originally said no but it seems that there are many more countries/banks now complying with US demands.

NOPE! The concern is more than fair, but there will always be ways to protect ourselves. OSI was designed from the beginning to remain flexible and safe, while still complying with local laws.

FirstTop http://www.iraqpress...p=59539&lang=ar
This news article states they are inviting parliament members to work on the budget in the next 2 days. The article was dated 5 May.
Other news articles state working on the budget in the next month.
What do your sources say on this? Or opinion.

My opinion is that it needs to be done soon, they want it to be done soon, but it's probably going to be a little late. Anytime they say "2 days" I automatically adjust to "1 week"  :lol:

stealthwarrior Good morning Adam,The CBI has announced the raising of the zeros by the half of this year.since this action would make dinar holders a lot of money why are we not seeing a flood of dinars being sold?they have told the world what the plan is.I'm just a little perplexed about this.

That wording alone is a net 0 move - simply removing the 0's does not increase the value.

waitingondinar Adam, Can you set us straight as to what is happening and what else Iraq is waiting on to finally declare a new rate for their currency.  Iraq was released from Chapter 7 last June. We thought once we got into 2014 something would happen.  Questions regarding HCL and Erbil were addressed by saying nothing would happen until the Iraqi elections were held.  Lower denoms would be released in April / May.  Now we are told Zeros and lower denoms will be released in Mid June 2014.  Iraq bought several tons of gold to back their ecomony.  When are they going to finally do something for their citizens and DECLARE a new rate?  I see the months flying by very quickly.

Nothing new is happening as far as I can see - as you said, Chapter 7 was a major hurdle and that is cleared. 

We're simply waiting for the elections to be finalized, an HCL resolution, and an RV!

geographer Hi Adam,  There has been a lot of talk that the RI has been announced several times during Iraq's morning prayers. Has any of your contacts or research confirm that this has been announced during their morning mosque?

I don't have any information on that, sorry. :shrug:

GameChanger Hi Adam, I hate to even ask... When is Ramadan domma dingdong? You've always said that nothing will happen during this time. That being said, does your crystal ball say we don't need to worry about it or... The rv will happen after that holiday?

Ramadan this year is June 28 to July 28.

NeedRv Good day Adam,  I read somewhere on here (DV) that the Iraq election ballots will take about a month to count and tally. If this is true then would you say that we wont see anything as far a real RV progress until those ballots are fully counted and a new PM is elected? 

I think that's a reasonable assumption. Here's something to consider, though:

Say things are looking in Maliki's favor, and the opposition starts to get riled up. Maliki calls the RV, perhaps even in the words of a guru and says "It's Done."

That would completely destroy his opponent's chances of any kind of recall or anything else, wouldn't it? 

:twocents:

Candy01 Hi Adam,  Do you think they will wait to pass the budget until after the new GOI is seated?  

No, I don't see too much delay in this process.

:twothumbs:

And that's it for now! Thanks for tuning in, and have a great day.

:tiphat:

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Adam and Mods - as usual, Adam sticks to the 3 B's very well - Be Brief - Be Brilliant - Be Gone! :bravo:  :bravo:

A lesson that the Guru's should learn - especially that last one (No offense to Adam meant - kinda hate mentioning him and guru in the same post.)

• Upvote 1

Does anyone really believe that there will be any movement this year or even 2015? ( OF COURSE  I am speaking about the currency movement and not the Bowel movement.... Beat you to it all you wise crackers (lol)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your correct Adam, it is weak update and I can respect you for saying so. This whole journey for me is like walking through a quick sand pit about 20 feet wide and I feel we at the 18 foot mark. Each step now is getting harder to make as we sink a little closer. Let's all pray for the RV to move closer our way so that we can finally grab the edge.

Seabee

Who in the Hell would me on my post? Hmmmmmmm

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Adam for the brief update. There was nothing new that had not been on the internet before today but as usual I stay tuned in for those magic words, " Ok folks, time to pack your bags."  Thanks for you leadership and the fact that you do put up with a bunch of nuts in here at times. Myself excluded-----of course!       :lol:          :tiphat:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well I suppose no bad news is good. 

Pity Maliki has so tight a grip in Iraq, or we might see some highly placed Gov. officials being chased by the Police like is happening in Turkey just now,(resignations already) with more being named in the illegal handling of funds and goods for Iran (how much gold went through Iraq lately?), could this be why the opposing factions kick up when they know how much Maliki's crew are banking ?. 

• Upvote 1

Uhhhh... aren't we always in a holding pattern?

I think your thinkin' of Okie...he's still up there somewhere circling the airstrip waiting to land...good thing his plane runs off his own gas cause he sure has plenty of that!!! ;o)

Thanks Adam and Mod's for keepin' it short but sweet...and always real!!!

• Upvote 1