Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

**Iraq requires securing 400 trillion dinar for growth**

Planning: Achieving Justice growth to all parts of Iraq requires securing 400 trillion dinars

Author: ASJ, BS 
Editor: BK, BS 5.6.2014 one eight p.m. 

Long-Presse / Baghdad
The Ministry of Planning and Development Cooperation of Iraq, on Tuesday, that the achievement of justice in the growth of all parts of Iraq requires securing about 400 trillion dinars, indicating that this estimate was calculated on the basis of the size of government investment during the five years from 2013 to 2017.

The Minister of Planning and Development Cooperation, Ali Yousef Shukri, said in an interview to the (long-Presse), "The ministry has developed into account when configured for the five-year plan from 2013 to 2017 to increase economic growth and social and environmental impact of the different areas of Iraq as well as the achievement of justice and relatively qualitatively in it."

He added Shukri, the "Five-Year Plan sought to reduce the disparity of development of spatial among the provinces on the one hand, and between urban and rural areas on the other hand," adding that "achieved those goals dimensions of economic, social and environmental requires securing about 400 trillion dinars."

The minister pointed out that "the estimate of that amount was based on the calculation of the size of government investment during the five years of the plan, from 2013 to 2017, which amount to about 279 billion dollars make up 77 percent of the total investment required, which covers the revenue accruing to the state to be spent projects to the state. "

It is noteworthy that Iraq was launched in May of 2010 National Development Plan Five from 2010 to 2014, during a party organized by the Ministry of Planning and Development Cooperation of Iraq under the theme "Towards the Iraqi economy is diverse and sustainable", in order to reduce disparities between urban and rural areas, and the creation of infrastructure and provision of services Social and jobs, increase GDP by 9.38 percent annual growth rate during the period of the plan with work on diversifying the economy, which currently relies on oil imports.

In (the 16th of September 2013 the past), launched the Ministry of Planning also five year development plan for the years 2013-2017, with the aim of reducing disparities and barriers between urban and rural areas, and the creation of infrastructure and providing social services and jobs, in addition to diversify the economy, which currently relies on oil imports.

http://almadapress.com/ar/news/30319/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%AE%D8%B7%D9%8A%D8%B7-%D8%AA%D8%AD%D9%82%D9%8A%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%85%D9%88-%D9%84%D9%85%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%B7%D9%82

Edited by easyrider

If that's in Dinar, wouldn't that be around 3.4 billion?

Doesn't sound like much considering they made $7-8 billion in oil profits last month.

400 trillion USA is insane for a 4 year period.

Actually that would be 343 Billion.

I guess I am confused with the wording "achievement of justice in the growth"  what exactly does that mean?  Are they talking about social income equality? quality of life? Is this a World Bank or UN standard for everyone to be "equal"?  That is never going to happen, especially in a Muslim country, that is a belief foreign to the thinking of the Iraqi people.  

Regardless, the amount of money is not daunting... 400T - IQD is only about $300 Billion USD or about $60 USD per year.  As stated above they are making plenty of oil money to drive that investment and the economy should have double digit growth for at least 10 years after the RV.

Just my  :twocents:

I believe that would be  $ 344 Billion over 5 years or about $ 68-70 Billion per year. Very doable with $3 billion /month oil sales plus outside investors in 'co-operative' projects for development of industries.

Agreed, one of the attractive things about Iraq (besides oil) is the location.  From a transit and hub perspective it sits in the middle of linking the near East, Africa, Europe and the far East.  The communications lines via fiber, roads and other transit traffic will be another gold mine, if developed and maintained properly.

I think  this will  be  tied too  the budget ,  they still have to get that  passed  and now with this number it might be  needing a re-vote ,  or  maybe  they  are stating that over  the next years   this  number will need to be   included  to the budget ..... 

Wow 400T.

I hope its smoke as I'm pretty sure they could not RV at 1 - 1 could they????

How exactly are you so sure about that? There are many ways to look at this investment,

From the historical, "logical", to far out fantasy. But the one thing I've learned over the

years about Iraq is that they tend to do WHATEVER suits there needs without much

regard for what anyone thinks. If they RV the rate will most likely have more to do

with who's in power at the time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How exactly are you so sure about that? There are many ways to look at this investment,

From the historical, "logical", to far out fantasy. But the one thing I've learned over the

years about Iraq is that they tend to do WHATEVER suits there needs without much

regard for what anyone thinks. If they RV the rate will most likely have more to do

with who's in power at the time.

WOW, somebody's a little touchy.LOL. I meant my statement as a legitimate question.

Seeking a truthful response.

• Upvote 1