Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Turki: raise zeros from the currency is linked to the stability of the two modes of economic and political

If it's the case that they are waiting for the new

Government to be in place and economic laws to be passed and implemented .. We are in for a continuing long wait.. I am about over it all..

Further to I have been trying permanently delete from this site but cannot find out how to do it .. I am so over the whole dinar experience and anticipation.

So, be a novice investor and put them away and take a break from the forums.   It won't rv without you knowing, trust me.   Give yourself a break from this.  Someone must have told you a lie and said it was about to revalue when you first bought dinar.   Your out nothing if you put them away and forget them.   You will save your brain from the stress of the politics of Iraq.   I always believed since Iraq had a dictator (maliki) they would never revalue, because he won't have it.  That's how he was able to continue being a dictator.  He owned the news, the judiciary, and the GOI.  (majority of it)  Now he is gone, they will have to build a new government and actually fill "all" the positions and get rid of all maliki's proxies.  Also, the CBI and Judiciary have to be overhauled personnel wise.  So, kick back and relax.  Drop the dinar scene for awhile.  Then come back with a fresh mind.  You will be glad you did.  Enjoy the spring, this year it is beautiful here in Texas.  Hope it's great where you are.

• Upvote 3

First time since I've been checking in that raising the zeros was mentioned. :eyebrows:

Probably political posturing during elections...isn't he Maliki's boy? :twocents:

Turki acknowledging the lifting of the zeros as opposed to the deletion...BUT SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THERE IS A FUNCTIONAL GOVERNMENT IN PLACE...is relatively important imo.

If Maliki would have given us Erbil...oh well...

Carry on! :twothumbs:

Edited by justchecking123
  • Upvote 1

If it takes that much long for me so be it. When I got into this with a buddy of mine who worked for a contractor in Iraq, we went over all the pros and cons. This was long before there were any gurus it was around late 2004 or early 2005 ish been so long I don't remember the exact dates and you could buy a lot more dinar for the dollar back them.  We knew this wasn't going to be an overnight sensation. We estimated this would take around 5 to 10 years worst case scenario we figured around 15 to 20 years.  We are not up to the 10 year mark yet for ourselves but close enough.  Now this was assuming Iraq just simply didn't go kerplunk totally or they would change the currency completely and it would be an in country exchange only (years later) and or they would lop the 0's off those big bills.  The way it stands now with the current exchange rate if I were to cash out now I'd have doubled my initial investment. Not too bad imo and better than walking away with zero. 

Consider this: How much money have we speculated on the lottery and walked away with zero in a 10 year span? Let me tell you it's quite a bit. A heck of a lot more than what I and probably some have spent on the Dinar and the odds of winning are better with it.

Anyway, my dinars are locked away in a safe place and occasionaly I check to see how Iraq is coming along.  It's a rather fascinating and unique opportunity we've been given when you really think about it.

for what?  another year or two??

I take one really good thing from these kinds of CBI announcements.  If the plan is a simple redenomination, making a 1000 note a 1 note, THERE WOULD BE NO CONDITIONS TO WAIT FOR!  Just print the new currency and make the switch.  Making the money harder to counterfeit and transactions easier to calculate is already needed - so they would just do it.

However, being able to support a higher rate does require stability, infrastructure, security - all the things the rest of the world needs to see in order for them to accept the new value.  Yes, the CBI can legally set the rate to whatever they want, but the market won't care.  The market will ignore a rate that is too high by refusing to accept IQD.

Also, the CBI doesn't dare publish EXACTLY what the trigger will be for obvious reasons.  Heck, there may not be an exact set of conditions - just the right people agreeing that it is time.

So the lopsters can go suck eggs.  We WILL have some sort of RV, and even to 10 cents is a heck of a return - but I'll wish I could have afforded more dinar.  If my house sells, I will definitely increase my holdings, because I really see an RV as inevitable at this point.

Peace and Prosperity

• Upvote 1

So, be a novice investor and put them away and take a break from the forums. It won't rv without you knowing, trust me. Give yourself a break from this. Someone must have told you a lie and said it was about to revalue when you first bought dinar. Your out nothing if you put them away and forget them. You will save your brain from the stress of the politics of Iraq. I always believed since Iraq had a dictator (maliki) they would never revalue, because he won't have it. That's how he was able to continue being a dictator. He owned the news, the judiciary, and the GOI. (majority of it) Now he is gone, they will have to build a new government and actually fill "all" the positions and get rid of all maliki's proxies. Also, the CBI and Judiciary have to be overhauled personnel wise. So, kick back and relax. Drop the dinar scene for awhile. Then come back with a fresh mind. You will be glad you did. Enjoy the spring, this year it is beautiful here in Texas. Hope it's great where you are.

Words of wisdom and what I intend to do

I take one really good thing from these kinds of CBI announcements. If the plan is a simple redenomination, making a 1000 note a 1 note, THERE WOULD BE NO CONDITIONS TO WAIT FOR! Just print the new currency and make the switch. Making the money harder to counterfeit and transactions easier to calculate is already needed - so they would just do it.

However, being able to support a higher rate does require stability, infrastructure, security - all the things the rest of the world needs to see in order for them to accept the new value. Yes, the CBI can legally set the rate to whatever they want, but the market won't care. The market will ignore a rate that is too high by refusing to accept IQD.

Also, the CBI doesn't dare publish EXACTLY what the trigger will be for obvious reasons. Heck, there may not be an exact set of conditions - just the right people agreeing that it is time.

So the lopsters can go suck eggs. We WILL have some sort of RV, and even to 10 cents is a heck of a return - but I'll wish I could have afforded more dinar. If my house sells, I will definitely increase my holdings, because I really see an RV as inevitable at this point.

Peace and Prosperity

Thanks for that boost of optimism. I hope so and also wish I could buy more.