Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RIP free speech in America

divemaster5734

Everyone here should know by now I am not racist in any way, shape or form.

I have been begging all to throw away all "political" affiliations, and rejoin the Human Race.

That said, I agree 100% with this article.

Where is this insanity going to lead?

It is now obvious, you can say ANYTHING, as long as it's anti-constitution, anti-Christian, or anti-American.

Anything else will get you lynched by the mindless PC police.

Soon, they will run out of rich people to destroy, then, they will come for You....DM

RIP free speech in America
photo_4.jpg
By Klaus Rohrich (Bio and Archives)  Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Comments at bottom of page | Print friendly | Subscribe | Email Us

Let’s say this right at the outset: Donald Sterling, current owner of the Los Angeles Clippers basketball team is a creepy-weird racist and I do not share his sentiments. Having said that, I am outraged at his lynching.

That an organization such as the NBA could impose a lifetime attendance ban and a $2.5 million fine on Sterling for something he said in private to his ‘girlfriend’ is preposterous! In addition, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is planning to force the sale of the Clippers, which will amount to a fire sale resulting in losses that Sterling would otherwise not have had to bear, had the team’s sale been on the open market.

In imposing Sterling’s punishment, Commissioner Silver said, “The hateful opinions voiced by that man are those of Mr. Sterling. The views expressed by Mr. Sterling are deeply offensive and harmful. That they came from an NBA owner only heightens the damage and my personal outrage. I am banning Mr. Sterling for life from any association with the Clippers association or the NBA. Mr. Sterling may not attend any NBA games or practices, he may not be present at any Clippers facility, and he may not participate in any business or decisions involving the team.”

I realize that a private organization, such as the NBA has certain rules that govern team owners. But I highly doubt that telling your ‘girlfriend’ not to hang around with black people is one of them.

I can’t imagine that there is any law, either state or federal, that allows Sterling to be relieved of his property as blithely as Silver appears to be doing. Clearly, Sterling’s maunderings to his ‘girlfriend’ were the ravings of a deranged personality. But to summarily say that he can’t make any business decisions about a team that he owns is absurd.

Or maybe it isn’t. In an America that no longer values the concept of free speech, individuals can just be punished for saying things that are “deeply offensive and harmful.” Clearly, Sterling is not going to win any popularity contests or be given any humanitarian awards. But to summarily relieve him of his assets is an act that should make all of us sit up and take notice. The NBA’s punishment of Sterling is really no different than any lynching the Klan imposed on blacks in its heyday, save and except that this lynching is economical rather than physical.

Donald Sterling is an 80-year-old anachronistic white man. He mistakenly assumed that V. Stiviano, his ostensible ‘girlfriend,’ had his best interests at heart and privately told her he preferred that she didn’t hang out with ‘black people.’ Her secretly taping this conversation and then making it public through social media is a crime under both federal and California law. There’s not a smidgeon of a doubt in my mind that she will face any legal consequences for her egregious breach of the law because her illegal act helped root out a racist. Sterling can take some small solace in the fact that Stiviano’s gravy train derailed through her own puerile machinations. She’ll now be forced to find a new sugar daddy.

In today’s America laws no longer matter. Right and wrong are no longer carved in stone, but made fluid according to the whims of an ever more airheaded and politically correct majority.

Today they punish Donald Sterling for being racially inappropriate. Tomorrow they could punish you or me for innocently or stupidly voicing an unpopular opinion.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall, in her 1906 biography of Voltaire wrote, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” This sentiment is one of the cornerstones of a truly free society. It’s a shame that it no longer applies in America.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

And yet, here you are,,, commenting or attempting to start a conversation on yet another example of ignorance being displayed by a racist who couldn't help but eventually unmask himself. The episode this time has been resolved in a timely and forthright manner. Your attempt at deflecting and defense of the indefensible notwithstanding, some of us have seen and recall your posting history as regards matters of this kind.  Reading between the lines helps to see a person's true nature once they speak. Best to you and the like in hoping for a different country than the inevitable.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 24

It was free speech.

He said it and it was free and so is he. No one tried to stop him.

Was there a reaction to his free speech? Yes and it was not good for him.

Apparently all kinds of people are upset he made a racist remark, not just the PC police.

Whoever they are.

So yes, we still have free speech in America. (Especially if you have a lot of money, according to the right wing Supreme Court and Citizens United)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

A unlawful taped private conversation between two people in the privacy of ones home.......................hmmm. Has anyone and I mean anyone EVER had a private conversation(regardless of content) in the privacy of your own home? One that you didn't want publicized for what ever reason(financial,family, friends,.....etc). Imagine that said conversation could lead to you loosing your right to earn a living and fined.  How many with a show of hands is cool with that? 

• Upvote 10

Right on, caz! I see it the same way.

For those who don't, maybe there's some room for agreement. Sterling is an a-hole... he has a reputation of racist language. He is also a hypocrite... denouncing minorities while 'keeping' an interracial girlfriend. He's the worst kind if super-rich guy... feeling entitled to say and do as he wishes no matter the fallout. He's scum!

That said, he's an easy target for the PC police. Everyone will want to distance themselves from him and his predictably racist views. I certainly won't defend him personally but I don't like the tactics being used to get rid of him.

First, his gold-digger taped him ILLEGALLY. She then leaked it to social media. Let those who live in glass houses (never said something ugly in private) cast the first stone... he had a reasonably expectation of privacy. His request to her wasn't even THAT bad... I was waiting for him to drop an "N" bomb but he didn't. I don't, in any way, support or defend what he said... only his right to say it.

Second, this whole thing STINKS of a set up. Magic Johnson wants to buy his team. He said no, not for sale. That is his right as an owner. But I suspect a coup was orchestrated to get him out and FORCE him to sell to Johnson (at a discount of course). It's wrong and I don't like it. It's also a free market issue... let the athletes refuse to sign onto his team and let the fans refuse to go to the games.

Free Speech, Free Market... free to succeed or FAIL. That's the American way!

• Upvote 11

And yet, here you are,,, commenting or attempting to start a conversation on yet another example of ignorance being displayed by a racist who couldn't help but eventually unmask himself. The episode this time has been resolved in a timely and forthright manner. Your attempt at deflecting and defense of the indefensible notwithstanding, some of us have seen and recall your posting history as regards matters of this kind.  Reading between the lines helps to see a person's true nature once they speak. Best to you and the like in hoping for a different country than the inevitable.

really?

ignorance really does have no bounds.

Please, stuff your innuendos... typical lib bs, when you have nothing to back up your words just lie.

There are no racist comments in any of my posts, and I resent your weak attempt at character slander.

I expect no less from the mindless pc drones though.

That's not even the point of this post, which you have so obviously missed, I would almost have to question your cognitive abilities.

Oh wait, is it the meds you take for ADHD, or your happy pills that make everything kinda fuzzy?

This is about the right to express ones self, this is about the ILLEGAL wire tapping, and the hypocritical reaction by all those brainless morons that are clueless about everything constitutional.

"Best to you and the like in hoping for a different country than the inevitable."

What you meant by that comment is YOU, and your ilk, are aggressively attempting to take over America and transform us into something we were NEVER designed to be.

You are either the most obtuse individual there ever was since obama, or you hate everyone on this forum so much you are willing to help destroy it and all others.

Because that's EXACTLY what you are doing.

YOU are helping to perpetrate censorship, and you also just proved the truth of this article.

If this insanity does not stop now, if all those quivering with moral outrage libs are not stuffed back into the hole they emerged from, we are in fact done as any type of free society.

YOU are  a TRAITOR to America.

It is the people JUST LIKE YOU that need to be stopped.

And that idiot in charge of the NBA.. He might be able to fine the guy, which is debatable given the illegal nature of the evidence, but I sincerely doubt he can force a fire sale of the team.

watch, you will soon see many thousands of people refuse to buy or attend games.

I realize you were busy drawing pictures of unicorns and rainbows in high school civics, but that's still no excuse.

I do NOT wish "the best" to you "and the like" for trying to destroy my kids future.

You will be stopped, one way or another.

• Upvote 11

A unlawful taped private conversation between two people in the privacy of ones home.......................hmmm. Has anyone and I mean anyone EVER had a private conversation(regardless of content) in the privacy of your own home? One that you didn't want publicized for what ever reason(financial,family, friends,.....etc). Imagine that said conversation could lead to you loosing your right to earn a living and fined.  How many with a show of hands is cool with that? 

I agree, and there are already reports that the NBA commissioner was under the influence of excessive self-importance delusions of grandeur. :lol:

I am looking forward to seeing all the  soon to come backpedaling and crow eating by all those moronic idiots that never stopped to think before screaming for a head in their righteous indignation.

Already his ex-girlfriend has lawyered up and is claiming she never released the video.

She is in for a heap of trouble if she is found as the one that released it.

• Upvote 1

What he said was bull shat. What they are doing is worse bullshat

The whole country slammed Anna nicole smith for shmoozing up to a old man with millions. 

Yet this black girl (yes I went and said it oh me oh my)  takes this old geezer for a ride. (although he was definitely old enough to know better)

and they not only paint her as a victim . They violate every right this pathetic old racist had. 

Do I like him (hell no) is he a waste of good human flesh (Hell yes)

BUT should he have the same rights coming to us thats guaranteed by the constitution of this united states.

Absolutely 

• Upvote 4

Some have called me a racist for my Anti- Obama bumber stickers. I usually just reply that Political discontent is not racism and  that I dislike Pelosi, Reid and Biden as much if not more than President Obama.

There ya go, it's just that easy.

We have been silent for far too long, and the far left has convinced itself in the absence of reason that anything they "feel" is right and just, even when they break the law or use double standards.

Time for anyone with a brain and the ability to use it independently to stand up and put an end to this nonsense.

• Upvote 2

"The ultimate test of a belief in free speech should be whether it can be extended to people you hate." -- Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual.  Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." — Ayn Rand

"Tolerating imperfections is the price of freedom." -- Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdS6fyUIklI

Edited by AoK
  • Upvote 1

"The ultimate test of a belief in free speech should be whether it can be extended to people you hate." -- Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual.  Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." — Ayn Rand

"Tolerating imperfections is the price of freedom." -- Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdS6fyUIklI

Well.. that was...a OK...lol

Should be a manditory tested video in all elementary schools.

Instead, we have morons like bush, clinton, and obummer, telling the world they want to spread America's democracy...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

really?

ignorance really does have no bounds.

Please, stuff your innuendos... typical lib bs, when you have nothing to back up your words just lie.

There are no racist comments in any of my posts, and I resent your weak attempt at character slander.

I expect no less from the mindless pc drones though.

That's not even the point of this post, which you have so obviously missed, I would almost have to question your cognitive abilities.

Oh wait, is it the meds you take for ADHD, or your happy pills that make everything kinda fuzzy?

This is about the right to express ones self, this is about the ILLEGAL wire tapping, and the hypocritical reaction by all those brainless morons that are clueless about everything constitutional.

"Best to you and the like in hoping for a different country than the inevitable."

What you meant by that comment is YOU, and your ilk, are aggressively attempting to take over America and transform us into something we were NEVER designed to be.

You are either the most obtuse individual there ever was since obama, or you hate everyone on this forum so much you are willing to help destroy it and all others.

Because that's EXACTLY what you are doing.

YOU are helping to perpetrate censorship, and you also just proved the truth of this article.

If this insanity does not stop now, if all those quivering with moral outrage libs are not stuffed back into the hole they emerged from, we are in fact done as any type of free society.

YOU are  a TRAITOR to America.

It is the people JUST LIKE YOU that need to be stopped.

And that idiot in charge of the NBA.. He might be able to fine the guy, which is debatable given the illegal nature of the evidence, but I sincerely doubt he can force a fire sale of the team.

watch, you will soon see many thousands of people refuse to buy or attend games.

I realize you were busy drawing pictures of unicorns and rainbows in high school civics, but that's still no excuse.

I do NOT wish "the best" to you "and the like" for trying to destroy my kids future.

You will be stopped, one way or another.

Are those tears i see? Better go inside before you get hurt playing with the wrong kids. Bring all your friends, see who gets stopped. Like I said, let them speak and they will be revealed. No more time to spend on stupidity. See through you again sometime.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

Somebody quick! Call a WAAAAmbulance!

• Upvote 4

April 30, 2014 ↔ 973 commentsFolks, you’re missing the point about Donald Sterling

Allen West

“Upon further review, the ruling on the field (court)…” These are the words stated by referees after they’ve gone to the reply booth (monitor) in order to clarify a controversial call. Often, the reason for the review is because of a coach’s challenge. Therefore, in the same light, let us review the case of LA Clippers owner, Donald Sterling.

There can be no debate that the words of Mr. Sterling were reprehensible and disgusting. But how and why did these words come to light now, when his points of view were apparently well-known for many years?

It seems his “girlfriend,” Ms. Stiviano, decided to tape a private conversation between the two. Apparently, Ms. Stiviano had recently been sued by the estranged wife of Mr. Sterling, so there is some potential nefarious motive involved. Furthermore, the taping of a conversation without consent of the other party is illegal under California statute. There is some question as to whether he knew he was being recorded. Let’s assume for the moment he didn’t.

The national outrage against Mr. Sterling has come from an act that could be illegal and inadmissible in a court of law. Nevertheless, the court of public opinion has tried and convicted Mr. Sterling of being a jerk.

But have we come to a point in America where being a jerk is grounds for confiscation of a private property? It was Englishman John Locke who first proposed that individual rights as granted under natural law were life, liberty, and property. It was Thomas Jefferson who in the American Declaration of Independence used that paradigm to propose our unalienable rights from our Creator being life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Sterling’s comments were repulsive, but they were stated in the privacy of his own home — at least he thought it was private.

So where do we go from here?

Have we come to the point that private conversations can be taped and released in the public domain in order to ruin the livelihood –pursuit of happiness — of private citizens? Ms. Stiviano, or whomever, knew exactly what they wanted the end result to be as they released this tape to TMZ.

Is this the “new normal?” Is this a violation of our privacy rights? Ok, so what types of conversations occur in the privacy of the NBA locker rooms, or the homes of the players? Yes, this is indeed a slippery slope as Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban asserted.

Fox News host and commentator Greg Gutfeld applauded this moment because of the consensus outrage being displayed. But I believe this outrage misplaced, or more accurately, mis-prioritized. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Sterling’s behavior was “dangerous to the NBA.”

Where is the cultural, public outrage over a behind closed door comment such as referring to the State of Israel as an “apartheid state?” Probably most of America doesn’t know who said it or even what “aparteid” means.

Or how about the outrage that should have come when our own president leaned over to then-Russian President Medvedev sayng, “Tell Putin that after my reelection I will have more flexibility” and of course Medvedev said, “I will tell Vladimir.” And now we know what that “flexibility” has allowed.

Aren’t those “private” chats reflective of behavior that is dangerous for the United States?

Or how about the lies and deceit of President Obama on healthcare and of course Benghazi, which we now know a video had nothing to do with.

Has our culture devolved to the point that the private statements of an NBA owner draws more outrage than the lies and deceit of the President of the United States?

Donald Sterling’s behavior is despicable, but so is that of President Barack Hussein Obama — and whose abhorrent behavior has more impact on our country?

The difference is that the media lead us along like sheep to the slaughter, turning us into reactionary, shallow thinking, low information voters along the way. We know more about Sterling than Benghazi — or the IRS scandal.

Sterling is a jerk, an unlikeable fella, but is he guilty of a crime that demands his property be confiscated? Uh, no.

We’re told however that Obama is a likable fella –regardless of the incessant lies, deceit and abject failures. What is happening to American culture and values?

I don’t like jerks, but I really don’t like jerks who are liars, do you?

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver Announces Clippers Owner Donald...

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver Announces Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Is Banned For Life.

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 5

I agree with all those who see this as threat to our freedom of speech.  Come on people don't fall for the hate tactic and read between the lines, see this as they're way of  using this as a way to destroy our freedoms.  

Americalnc, it remains to be seen if we still have free speech in America. 

All eyes will be on this situation, on this scum man to have such thoughts toward any person.  Don't like his actions,  but he still has the U.S. Constitution to back him.  That should be everyone's concern. 

• Upvote 1

There's an evil force working in America, slowly eroding away at the fabric of civility.

See where this is going. Furthering the divide between people of different thoughts.

So someone doesn't process reality the same way you do. Is that truly a reason to

hate? We are all Americans first. We can, AND MUST, return to living in peace and

understanding together,or we'll be destroyed by a tyrannical government. No one

here is anyone's enemy. And people like Sterling should simply be ignored for the

fool he is.

• Upvote 2

Why is "Cracker" not a racist comment? One can say Cracker and not be vilified, and yet if you say the "N" word or call a Jew the "K" word or an Italian the "W" word . I think the world is getting too sensitive. I am of Arab background and when the term  'sandni**er' is said, I feel NO resentment. I am me and what others of my color or heritage or sex says or does doesn't concern me. People should lighten up.  Mr. Sterling is an 80 year old fool with lots of money who was taped in a private conversation with his girlfriend  who obviously wants to get out of the relationship and garner lots of money or else why release the tape ?  People like to see the mighty take a fall....... which is why this country voted for the idiots running THIS country..... They want to see this great country fall.   JMO

• Upvote 4

The naacp sure liked this old racists money.. They were going to give him a lifetime achievement award.. And Old Al Sharpton was going to be right next to him receiving the man of the year award..These people knew that Sterling was a racist,bigot..Just like the people who work for the Clippers..Can you say Hypocrits!!!Whats it going to be next,taping private confersations of players in the locker room and catching them saying something not pc,and fining them and also kicking them out of the league??Is the Gustapo going to be renamed the pc police so they can throw you in jail next?? Sad times indeed... :twocents:

• Upvote 2

Seeing that the NBA took such actions against this Sterling butt hole, should they not look into this as well???   Comments!!!!

Shaquille O'Neal apologizes to Detroit man he mocked in Instagram post

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/shaq-apologizes-man-mocked-instagram-post-article-1.1775087#ixzz30TVBTPYZ

shaq2n-2-web.jpg?enlarged

The former NBA star called to apologize to Jahmel Binion, who suffers from ectodermal dysplasia, which affects his face, hair and teeth.

The National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias wrote an open letter Monday to O'Neal saying "bullying is never acceptable."

Is a simple apology acceptable in this case or should the NBA or TNT look into this??

This was put on Instagram by Shaq and the would got to see this disabled man being made fun of  -- VS -- Sterling having a private conversation and it being illegally recorded

• Upvote 3

Does the Free Market punish racism?

A crowd gathered outside Los Angeles' Staples Center on Tuesday night before Game Five of the Clippers-Warriors NBA playoff series to protest racist comments made by Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Reason TV talked with protesters about the NBA banning Sterling for life, how free markets reacts to racism, and whether government policies and other forms of institutionalized racism hurt black Americans far more than anything Donald Sterling said.

Watch this short video to find out... 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p0pPWesAdhY

• Upvote 3