Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Droid vs Iphone

Redfish

I am looking to upgrade my Palm Treo for my Real Estate business and am leaning toward the Motorola Droid. Any insight would be appreciated. I now use Verizon as my carrier and hear they will also have the Iphone this summer. Thanks

I just switched my business phone from a BB to the motorola droid and I love it. Only draw back I see is battery life is so so and I know my Ipod touch has great battery life and its the basis for the Iphone

Thanks for the imput Grumpy.

Thanks for the imput Grumpy.

have never used the i phone but my boss has one and he seems to have it plugged in a lot(much cussing about it as well). I love the droid, battery life depends on what you are doing. i noticed that the gps eats the battery quick, however it seems to hold up well under the text/browser/phone calls. I would highly recommend the vehicle charger. I think it is a great phone. Has numerous capabilities..IMO

absolutely go with the droid, apple controls the iphone litteraly, they block certain sites and content and if you download a feature and they do not like it or approve it, they will delete it from your phone, computer, ipad, what ever apple device you use. Son in the army does computer programing and says that is why he will not have the i phone as it is limited by apple to their approved applications only.

I did however as an idiot phone user once have the iphone and loved it. lol but I just did email, surfed, google mapped, and phone called.

Thats my 2 cents worth or so I tried to repeat it right. Imma pc dummy.

Here is my take. The Droid is very nice from what I have read and seen in the store. But... the iPhone is going to give you great service either from an Apple store or the AT&T. AT&T is not my favorite carrier. If you go to an Apple store for a problem. And... eventually, you will have a problem, they will get you on your way in a timely manner with a new phone, repaired phone and any software issues will be fixed. I have been a MAC user for ten years and apple products deliver in software, hardware and service. I like the Droid but I am not sure you can walk into a store and get that kind of service from a person at Verizon that is servicing many many phones. No way they are going to know the Droid like a "Genius" at Apple knows the iPhone. No way. I have had so many people go into Apple and if there is a problem, walk out with a brand new phone, no questions asked. No waiting for it to be sent out and looked at another tech place. I remember those days with other phones. You can't go wrong with any one of those phones. But....the service is hands down APPLE iPhone. That's my opinion. Once you couple that with MOBILE ME, tough to beat.

• Upvote 1

I am looking to upgrade my Palm Treo for my Real Estate business and am leaning toward the Motorola Droid. Any insight would be appreciated. I now use Verizon as my carrier and hear they will also have the Iphone this summer. Thanks

If "Verizon" does manage to get a contract with "Apple," it will not be until the fall, at the earliest. AT&T has the summer to get everything fixed that Apple has required it to fix. I love my iPhone, hands down better than my "Palm Treo 680."

Here is my take. The Droid is very nice from what I have read and seen in the store. But... the iPhone is going to give you great service either from an Apple store or the AT&T. AT&T is not my favorite carrier. If you go to an Apple store for a problem. And... eventually, you will have a problem, they will get you on your way in a timely manner with a new phone, repaired phone and any software issues will be fixed. I have been a MAC user for ten years and apple products deliver in software, hardware and service. I like the Droid but I am not sure you can walk into a store and get that kind of service from a person at Verizon that is servicing many many phones. No way they are going to know the Droid like a "Genius" at Apple knows the iPhone. No way. I have had so many people go into Apple and if there is a problem, walk out with a brand new phone, no questions asked. No waiting for it to be sent out and looked at another tech place. I remember those days with other phones. You can't go wrong with any one of those phones. But....the service is hands down APPLE iPhone. That's my opinion. Once you couple that with MOBILE ME, tough to beat.

This is very good advice.

have never used the i phone but my boss has one and he seems to have it plugged in a lot(much cussing about it as well). I love the droid, battery life depends on what you are doing. i noticed that the gps eats the battery quick, however it seems to hold up well under the text/browser/phone calls. I would highly recommend the vehicle charger. I think it is a great phone. Has numerous capabilities..IMO

Thanks for the imput