Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cool: Coach buys beer for hockey players after the game

ToddS

Cool: Coach buys beer for hockey players after the game. Not so cool: Hockey players are 10 years old. Greatest coach ever? (torontosun.com)

Video shows little-league hockey players with beers

By The Canadian Press

Last Updated: May 2, 2010 5:10am

HUMBOLDT, Sask. - A video posted on YouTube that shows 10-year-old hockey players in Humbolt, Sask., posing with cans and bottles of beer has resulted in the suspension of an assistant coach and a parent who acted as the team's treasurer.

Lorrie Heggie of Sask-Can hockey said the incident was a serious case of misjudgment.

"I've talked to the guy and I can't for the life of me figure out what he was trying to gain, whether he was just being a silly dad trying to have some goofy fun, or whether he had some purpose to it," said Heggie.

"We've indefinitely suspended the individual that brought the beer into the dressing room and we've indefinitely suspended the fella that took the video."

The video, filmed by the treasurer dad, shows the young boys being posed with the alcohol and being prompted to hold it up to the camera.

At one point as he asks a boy to say hi to the camera he tells the players they're "going to be on YouTube."

"OK, take a drink," one of the adults in the room prompts a 10-year-old.

"No," says the boy, who appears uncomfortable.

"Here we are in the locker room, young men just having a beer," narrates the camera operator. "Look at that. Love it....the boys are enjoying a fine beer after a hard game."

The video has since been removed from YouTube.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/05/02/13796036-cp.html

• Upvote 2