Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

11 YR OLD SHOOTS ILLEGALS

divemaster5734

If I had a little girl, she would be just like Patricia,(except mine would be an accomplished motocrosser, powder puff at least..)

Got this in an email and just had to share.

her daddy taught her well, good job to both....JMHO..DM

11 YR OLD SHOOTS ILLEGALS  (That's called getting ‘er Done right the lst time!!!)

BUTTE, MONTANA

Shotgun preteen vs. Illegal alien Home Invaders...

Two illegal aliens, Raphael Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower

home-alone 11-year-old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay-shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house.

She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12-gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee-crouch aim.

He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the ...street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45-caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery.

That victim, 50-year-old David 0'Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........?

An 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself...... against two murderous, illegal immigrants.....and she wins.

She is still alive.

Now THAT is Gun Control!

Thought for the day.... Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist.

'I like this kind of e-mail! American citizens defending themselves and their homes.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 13

11 or 12 is considered a responsible enough age to leave kids home, depending on the maturity level and a few other factors... the girl obviously being able to "take care of herself" would IMO just confirm that the parents would not be in any hot water... in fact, they should probably get a medal for raisin' their child right!!  Thanks Dive!!!  ;) 

gungirls28n-1-web.jpg

• Upvote 2

11 or 12 is considered a responsible enough age to leave kids home, depending on the maturity level and a few other factors... the girl obviously being able to "take care of herself" would IMO just confirm that the parents would not be in any hot water... in fact, they should probably get a medal for raisin' their child right!!  Thanks Dive!!!  ;) 

gungirls28n-1-web.jpg

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or believes. It only matters what some idiot prosecutor believes or thinks. I've seen some pretty outlandish crap pulled by those people. If they think they can win a case they don't care. They rely on their immunity and the 85% plus odds of always getting a defendant to just accept a plea deal which counts as a conviction for the prosecutor.

• Upvote 1

No doubt there are some sleazeball prosecutors out there... however, they would have a hard time makin' that one stick because #1-the girl was old enough to be home alone (my kids baby sat @ 12 yrs. of age, let alone stayed home alone.  #2-when two thieves break in and threaten someone... they just bought themselves a one way ticket to somewhere...and the dude would have a very difficult time gettin' a conviction when a gun that thy had stole off someone else was in their possession... just sayin'!!!  Again... good girl!!!   :cowboy2:   

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

No Worries my friend, even gave ya a plus for your post.

I probably should have checked it out, but was at lunch and in a hurry to get back.

I'll bet it did happen, but no one wanted the feds to take away the kid for having access to a gun, so everyone said it didn't really happen......  Oh wait, I got it, OK this is how it actually DID in fact happen, OK there she was.....

• Upvote 1

Being a native Montanan, this article totally cracked me up.... can't wait to see if TankDude has a similar response..... My first thought was "illegals in Butte Montana  WTF"???!!! That would be like a closet cross dresser showing up at a Steel Workers convention..... most Montanans won't even go to Butte and walk the streets after dark... That is one tough town... I remember football and basketball games, and if Butte was involved, police presence was always increased... and I as recall, my parents never let us go to out of town games in Butte, (though I don't remember ever  having the desire to go one there).... And sorry if anyone in here is from Butte.... but you got to admit, you are one rough tough town and no one is going to come in there and mess with ya...

I realize this story is an urban myth, but commenting in response to some of the other observations..... Montana and some of the other western states are  really a culture of its own in  many ways.,.... Being left home at age 11 is no big deal, like Rod said, I was baby sitting other kids when I was that age... and in the smaller towns half the people knew your parents and the other half acted like they were your parents... And no one is going to freak out about an 11 year old with a gun in the rural areas.... (and probably most cities, which barely qualify as cities relative to real big cities... ).... Most of us are shooting for years by that age... Its a part of ranch life and/or survival in the mountain areas... and most kids go  off by themselves gopher or small rodent hunting at that age, having been with one or both parents doing the same thing for years before that.. Of course its a right of passage that you shoot your first  licensed/sanctioned  deer at age 12..  . My first long guns for hunting that belonged to me was a 30.06 for game and 16 Ga for ducks and geese, both of which I owned before age 11...

And in Montana all the long guns filling an entire wall, sit in cabinets with glass doors and no locks... It is only theft with the increasing population of outsiders that is changing that.... Not the presence of unsecured long guns with kids.... Kids are taught from the time they can hold one, how to treat and respect them...... There was also never any burglary when I was a kid... cause kids knew everyone had guns... and if you trespassed onto someone's property, you risked a tail full of buck salt at best....

I'd have to ask TankDude if teenagers still show up at high school with full gun racks in the trucks filling the school parking lot always during hunting season, sometimes year round... I remember more than one time, putting them in the high school lock up, if we were going to some out of town event and would return late, and my brother or I forgot to unload the rack and leave em at home...And I hate to sound pizzzzy... but I'm quite sure if it were only natives living in my home town,  not much about any of that would have changed from the time I was a kid..

As for the validity of the story? I would have called BS on it immediately without having to look it up, for no other reason than the word illegals and Butte were in the same sentence.... (not to mention the only illegals at all probable in Montana would be Earnie from Canada, not Enrico from the southern border lol)...... :D :D

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 1

I recall passing through Montana  in 1977 during my first trip to the US  and the most adventurous one ( bummed around by Greyhound  for 3 months...20,000 miles... going in and out of about 37 States...awesome trip).

There was something "tough" about the landscapes and everything else  in MT....I don't remember  if it was in Butte or another town but MT nonetheless...when once the bus made a stop and I obviously went inside this restaurant or cafeteria and had to use the bathroom .. On the bathroom's door there was a sign saying "MENS"  and on the Ladies' door of course there was a sign saying "WOMENS".... Tough stuff.....

Oh... and I spent a great night (on my way out of Yellowstone Park) in West Yellowstone,MT.....Had one of the best pizzas ever  there.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

(not to mention the only illegals at all probable in Montana would be Earnie from Canada, not Enrico from the southern border lol)..

End Quote

And... Since you mentioned that.... As you ( Rayzur and probably others too) know...Enrico is an Italian and not Spanish name ( it would be Enrique in Spain, Mexico,etc.).. ..Last name sounds Italian  too...True that the delinquent could have well been Italian .....Some of us are  bad, unfortunately. Not me...I'm a good  guy ( law-abiding and all...)

Edited by umbertino

.... Montana and some of the other western states are  really a culture of its own in  many ways.,....

And in Montana all the long guns filling an entire wall, sit in cabinets with glass doors and no locks..... There was also never any burglary when I was a kid...

hunting season, sometimes year round..

Coming from the Idaho Panhandle, we played in Western MT, hunted the eastern ID, western MT border, and had a ritual when crossing the border, it was MANDATORY to open a beer and wave while drinking to a MT cop when driving across 90.

As for the gun cabinets, we were VERY proud of the diversity of our collections, and displayed them with pride. No need to steal one, if you wanted you could just borrow it.

Heck, end of summer was traditional sighting in, we had to calibrate the scope.

More than once we had a dozen people sand bagging, and the cops only showed up to try to out shoot everyone else.

The only other great get together's  were for wood gathering or tree falling.

Or steelhead runs, camloops, rafting, skiing, riding, or anytime a neighbor needed help.

Really do miss it out there. May be going back end of this year.

Oh wow DiveMaster... just reading your post takes me back to a flood of incredibly great memories...... like the time after skating on the frozen river I brought home an adult goose bigger than me, and tried to convince my mom it just followed me home and wanted to live with us... (its wings were iced)...MT is probably one of the few places where its common to hear moms saying: "you take that goose, fawn, cub, bat,  etc back where you got it"!!!!! ..There are still one room school houses and we used to skip school all the time to float the river in the late spring...My niece just 'graduated' 8th grade from that same one room school last summer...

I was actually thinking of Idaho along with Wyoming when I said western states... those two are for sure part of the same genre in this... LOVE the mandatory beer ritual you guys had... Not sure if you can still drive with open container legally, but people still do it all the time, especially around rodeo season..and open container on the street is still part of the summer drill... It didn't occur to me until just now that a lot of places don't allow that...

My nephew caught the collector fever from me... and last summer he told my dad he was going to sight in the shotguns... wot!?!?! So as he's emptying my dad's shotgun collection into his truck, I look across the table at my dad and say... wtf.. really dad??? And he's like... what??? Ahhhh dad, how many times have you sighted in shotguns with no scope shooting duck shot???? Course both me and my dad got it... you just grow up with this affinity for them and like anything you collect... you just can't have enough... Don't know what it is... but I do think it is part of your blood..

My nephew is flying down to hang out with me for a few weeks in June, then my son is joining us to drive back up there in late June. I'll be there by 1 July.. and am serious about getting together if you're over that way... I'll be there until mid August. Hope to see TankDude again and will have to remember to call him and get on his calendar... That's one busy guy... lol..... I'm going to join him on the Little Big Horn trek one day, hopefully will remember to get in my stuff in, in time for summer after this one... It fills up fast.Maybe he'll talk about it in this thread if he catches it.... Its pretty cool... No, its very cool... (one of my all time favorite battles.... I go there every year and just walk the ground)...

Thanks for the blast from the past DM!!!! And hope to see ya this summer :D :D  (btw, have some great ideas for lots of fun events if you're looking for input)

That would be really cool.

The kids starts at MSU in September, will be going out there end of Aug, maybe we can leave a week early.

Would love to work out a plan.

All play options are welcome.. mostly...you know..lol

We started archery last year, only targets so far, but plan on getting in on a hunt during the rut, only thing that bugles back during modern rifle is some other guy with a reed...

Thanks for the blast from the past DM!!!! And hope to see ya this summer :D :D  (btw, have some great ideas for lots of fun events if you're looking for input)

That would be really cool.

The kids starts at MSU in September, will be going out there end of Aug, maybe we can leave a week early.

Would love to work out a plan.

All play options are welcome.. mostly...you know..lol

We started archery last year, only targets so far, but plan on getting in on a hunt during the rut, only thing that bugles back during modern rifle is some other guy with a reed...

You will literally be in my back yard... Nephew just graduated from there... Transferred form UofM for his last year... and took two more, cause he missed home... We will be in the same place... If you can come out earlier, there is the Sweet Pea festival... a classic for the town your kids will be calling home.... And maybe TD will be there again at that time... :D  Ohhhhh TD where are you...

Screen-Shot-2014-03-26-at-11.24.45-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2014-03-26-at-11.25.12-AM.pn

We not only grow stuff... we build stuff...

2005-Esperit-Tucson-261-2.jpg?w=630&a=t

TG-Works-barstools.jpg

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 1

You will literally be in my back yard... Nephew just graduated from there... Transferred form UofM for his last year... and took two more, cause he missed home... We will be in the same place... If you can come out earlier, there is the Sweet Pea festival... a classic for the town your kids will be calling home.... And maybe TD will be there again at that time... :D  Ohhhhh TD where are you...

Screen-Shot-2014-03-26-at-11.24.45-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2014-03-26-at-11.25.12-AM.pn

Nice.

• Upvote 1

... Transferred form UofM for his last year... . We will be in the same place.

TG-Works-barstools.jpg

U of M?.. isn't that where they have the Test1cle Festival?  The women eat the bull nut burgers and the guys make bets on which one likes it the most...lol

(cant believe that word was censured)

As for the rest... your just showing off... VERY NICE

We're going to have to firm up plans somewhere besides these globally viewable posts, unless there are other wanting to experience my world class BBQ????

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 2