Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US DOLLAR IS STILL KING IN IRAQ

Skybear

1400 Local, Bagdad:  Three Aussie geologists who used to work here in Texas were going thru Bagdad on their way home for 30 days and spent 3 days/nights in Bagdad. One called today just before flying to Dubai before for his flight home.

Thursday evening Bagdad, they had dinner at the KHAN MURJAN restaurant on Samawai Street. They paid in US Dollars, and were given change in dinar. They paid the taxi to their hotel in US Dollars, and bought more dinars to take home with their US Dollars in the VERY PARKING LOT at the Bagdad airport from one of DOZENS of kiosks selling BUNDLES of dinars in 25k notes! Some were used, but WHOLE TABLES were full of BRAND NEW UNCIRCULATED notes in 25k and 10k size. Banks were doing 1166, but the kiosks were doing from 1170 to 1500 per dollar.

There was NO shortage of dinars in ANY denomination size, but there were NO small denominations that even EXISTED and EVERYBODY who worked as ExPats used their US Dollars EVERYWHERE where the US Dollars were EAGERLY accepted.

NOBODY had small denominations of Dinars, and nobody KNEW about any. When they arrived in Bagdad on Wednesday, they went into a bank and EXCHANGED their US Dollars (which the bank GLADLY took) and ASKED for smaller denominations or coins and the bank teller actually LAUGHED at them and asked what comedy show had they been listening to.

They left today for home.

What this tells me is that all the BULLC__P put out by Tony and Frank, DC, DELTA and the rest is still JUST THAT!

DINARS of ALL big denominations are PLENTIFUL! US Dollars are READILY and GREEDILY accepted and EXPECTED. The people are living in FEAR of the disorder and unsafe conditions. EVERYBODY pretty much dislikes Maliki, but EVERYBODY believes he will be RE-ELECTED, and NOBODY knows or EXPECTS a revaluation anytime soon!

The one Aussie geologist I know has an Iraqi girlfriend who is a schoolteacher, and has NOTHING GOOD to say about the supposed FILLED Magic Cards. Public servant people have gone WEEKS with no pay, and there continues to be NO WATER, NO ELECTRICITY and NO SEWER.

IN SHORT. . .for the "richest" country in the Middle East. . .the "word" hasn't gotten to the people about it yet.

How do we respond to our GURUUnatics??

Simple: "LIAR- - LIAR- - -PANTS ON FIRE"

• Upvote 2

and  the  only  way  they would  take  dinars  if  the dinars were  higher in value  than  the dollar ....  with  lower notes  to support  the  exchange  of  larger units into smaller units ......  just thought  they were a little futher along ..........  and  hellllll    nooooooo    to maliki  re-bid

BURN!!
I knew a "boots on the ground" story was gonna pop sooner or later....

So, nothing going on, things are still the same as during the war.
It's still in Iraq's hands like I always stated.

CRY, you guru lovers, CRY CRY CRY!!!

Now how about some TV recordings?

Edited by ReinMan
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

BURN!!

I knew a "boots on the ground" story was gonna pop sooner or later....

So, nothing going on, things are still the same as during the war.

It's still in Iraq's hands like I always stated.

CRY, you guru lovers, CRY CRY CRY!!!

Now how about some TV recordings?

Your negitivity is getting old, even if most agree you are close to being disrespectful.

• Upvote 1

Your negitivity is getting old, even if most agree you are close to being disrespectful.

I agree with what he said and I have no problem calling a Spade..a...Spade. It is what it is .... weather you like it or not!

Edited by hozer
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Skybear...The mindset of the ME is hard to change and once a belief is instill in the masses it takes a lot to change that mindset. The communication isn't as freely as most the world enjoys and is limited to what is broadcasted. These people have 'never' know an open society where freedom is taken for granted. These Iraqi still live under the fears of military takeover and the threat of Maliki sinister mind. There's no reason givin' to date for the Iraqi people to have any faith in their country more less the dinar. The Iraqis have more pressing things to do than keep a close eye on the processes goin' on with the dinar and half of the people on the streets get their information by word of mouth. When and where electricity is available the stations available are limited and the ones that are widely available are more propaganda based than the more desirable stations...All in all the people of Iraq still live under a suppressed mindset and their trust in the present administration is dictated through fear...There're people in this coming elections that understand what's needed to uplift the Iraqi people and start the process of rebuilding the mindset of trust in their country...Let's just hope that the comin' elections will reflect what need to happen to see the prosperity of Iraq...JMHO...         

• Upvote 1