Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mailki is making death threats today

Iraqiya Spokesman: I Received A Death Threat from the Prime Minister's Office

02/05/2010

By Asharq Al-Awsat

Baghdad, Asharq Al-Awsat - The political conflict in Baghdad over the formation of Iraq's next government has reached a stage of "open" death threats, according to Iraqiya spokesman Haidar al-Mulla who claims to have received a personal death threat from the office of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki.

Al-Mulla told Asharq Al-Awsat that he received a telephone call from a senior member of Nouri al Maliki's Dawa party at 10pm in which he was asked about the reason behind the intensity of the statements and comments issued by the Iraqiya bloc towards the comments made by al Maliki with regards to internationalizing the election issue, and that the comments made by al Maliki were not directed at the Iraqiya bloc, but rather at the Sadrist trend and the National Iraqi Alliance. Al-Mulla said that the senior Dawa party member asked him, "Why is there this tension from you?"

Al-Mulla went on to say that approximately one hour after this telephone call, an official from al Maliki's office who is known to him and who he has spoken to him on the phone a number of times before telephoned him, swore at him and insulted him. Al-Mulla said that this official told him, "This is Nouri al Maliki's message to you; we will cut off your head and your feet if you come to Iraq." Al-Mulla was outside of Iraq at the time of the phone call. Al-Mulla told Asharq Al-Awsat that he informed the official that he will be returning to Iraq next week, and that the official can do what he wants.

Al-Mulla confirmed to Asharq Al-Awsat that he recorded this telephone call, which he received during an Iraqiya bloc meeting, and that a number of senior Iraqiya bloc members were in attendance. He said that he intends to submit the recording to the Iraqi judiciary and take al-Maliki to court. Asharq Al-Awsat attempted to obtain a comment from the office of the Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki, but did not receive a response by the time this article went to press.

Iraqiya bloc spokesman Maysoon al-Damluji yesterday confirmed that "in a dangerous development…Iraqiya bloc spokesman Mr. Haidar al-Mulla received a telephone call from the office of the outgoing Iraqi Prime Minister, in which he received an explicit death threat in the name of the Iraqi Prime Minister. This comes after al-Mulla had accused the outgoing Prime Minister of attempting to internationalize the Iraqi issue and that ‘al-Maliki's return to Iraq was due to internationalization [issue] and the US war to topple Saddam Hussein's regime.’”

In its statement, the Iraqiya bloc placed the full legal responsibility on the outgoing government and the office of the Prime Minister should anything happen to Haidar al-Mulla or his family.

IF MALIKI'S OFFICE IS THIS DESPERATE HOW FAR WILL THE GO TO CORRUPT THE ELECTION PROCESS? ELMINATE THE RECOUNT PROCESS AND PUT HIM AND HIS GOONES ON THE STREET.THE US AND THE UN NEEDS TO STEP IN AND END THE BS. IF STEALING AND ALL THE OTHER CORRUPTION IS NOT ENOUGH WILL MURDER GET THERE ATTENTION?DEMOCRACY DOESN'T TOLERATE THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR.GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND SAVE THE IRAQI PEOPLE FROM THERE DOGS!!!!!!

he is another saddam get him out now he should have no power if thats what he is going to do. What would happen if lets say biden said that in the news here he would be gone

Only problem biden would threaten to cut off his head and feet.

Is this another one of those articles that are from an Iraqi source that maybe we should not believe. Has anyplace else reported on this?? Not that I like Maliki or anything but what do you believe anymore??

IF MALIKI'S OFFICE IS THIS DESPERATE HOW FAR WILL THE GO TO CORRUPT THE ELECTION PROCESS? ELMINATE THE RECOUNT PROCESS AND PUT HIM AND HIS GOONES ON THE STREET.THE US AND THE UN NEEDS TO STEP IN AND END THE BS. IF STEALING AND ALL THE OTHER CORRUPTION IS NOT ENOUGH WILL MURDER GET THERE ATTENTION?DEMOCRACY DOESN'T TOLERATE THIS KIND OF behavior.GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND SAVE THE IRAQI PEOPLE FROM THERE DOGS!!!!!!

sad.gifAre you not paying attention to how are political process here in the US has strayed from what the founders guide lines were concerning how it should operate. the Iraqis see corruption in this countries politics and think it's OK to do what they are doing right now. We want them to be like us..............how ironic. But were saying: DON'T DO AS WE DO, DO AS WE SAY.....but it never works. Not with parents to kids.........nor US to Iraq. You have to lead by example.....................................And were dropping the ball.....So Iraq's elections is very predictable......TROUBLED sad.gif

sad.gifAre you not paying attention to how are political process here in the US has strayed from what the founders guide lines were concerning how it should operate. the Iraqis see corruption in this countries politics and think it's OK to do what they are doing right now. We want them to be like us..............how ironic. But were saying: DON'T DO AS WE DO, DO AS WE SAY.....but it never works. Not with parents to kids.........nor US to Iraq. You have to lead by example.....................................And were dropping the ball.....So Iraq's elections is very predictable......TROUBLED sad.gif

I could not have said it better mongo, good post.

What happened to C_BOLT's post about the election results? It was posted this morning... Adam get a hold of it?

Hey - I asked the Mod to delete it. I jumped the gun and posted old information. I asked for it to be deleted before anyone else read and got as excited as I was and then another - - oops - old news.

Thanks,

David

IF MALIKI'S OFFICE IS THIS DESPERATE HOW FAR WILL THE GO TO CORRUPT THE ELECTION PROCESS? ELMINATE THE RECOUNT PROCESS AND PUT HIM AND HIS GOONES ON THE STREET.THE US AND THE UN NEEDS TO STEP IN AND END THE BS. IF STEALING AND ALL THE OTHER CORRUPTION IS NOT ENOUGH WILL MURDER GET THERE ATTENTION?DEMOCRACY DOESN'T TOLERATE THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR.GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND SAVE THE IRAQI PEOPLE FROM THERE DOGS!!!!!!

It might be too late for intervention, during Malaki's PM tenure he successfully appointed all his cronies to political and judicial positions. Now he can overturn the election results under the veil of the democratic process.

Sadly this is precisely how Bush became president. Bush 1 lined the Supreme Court with right wingers and when called upon, they selected Bush 2 to be president. Any US intervention would be the total hypocracy...the pot calling the kettle black

Al-Mulla confirmed to Asharq Al-Awsat that he recorded this telephone call, which he received during an Iraqiya bloc meeting, and that a number of senior Iraqiya bloc members were in attendance. He said that he intends to submit the recording to the Iraqi judiciary and take al-Maliki to court. Asharq Al-Awsat attempted to obtain a comment from the office of the Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki, but did not receive a response by the time this article went to press.

Iraqiya bloc spokesman Maysoon al-Damluji yesterday confirmed that "in a dangerous development…Iraqiya bloc spokesman Mr. Haidar al-Mulla received a telephone call from the office of the outgoing Iraqi Prime Minister, in which he received an explicit death threat in the name of the Iraqi Prime Minister. This comes after al-Mulla had accused the outgoing Prime Minister of attempting to internationalize the Iraqi issue and that ‘al-Maliki's return to Iraq was due to internationalization [issue] and the US war to topple Saddam Hussein's regime.’”

The Death Throws of, as the article says, an "OUTGOING PM". If they really have a recording ... and I'll bet that they do ... he's toast. I realize that he will play it off as a loss of temper by a subordinate but I don't think that it will play well. Saddam era ... that was the norm, or worse, they just showed up and did it. If you can't "rein in your staff" who can or will you (rein in)?

Remember, you can't be the Jewel of the Med if you can't rein in the outlaws ... they really want to be the hub of the med ... the ISX is a giant sign of that desire. We'll see but I would wager that this won't play well.

It might be too late for intervention, during Malaki's PM tenure he successfully appointed all his cronies to political and judicial positions. Now he can overturn the election results under the veil of the democratic process.

Sadly this is precisely how Bush became president. Bush 1 lined the Supreme Court with right wingers and when called upon, they selected Bush 2 to be president. Any US intervention would be the total hypocracy...the pot calling the kettle black

I'm just an innocent Canadian watching how America governs itself. My observation would be that you may have spoken 'out of turn' inasmuch as you didn't seem to notice the kind of 'left-leaning' appointees of every Democratic Administration for decades.

Your comment on Bush may well be meritorious but it is grossly unbalanced (or at least imbalanced).