Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq wants to lower marriage age to 9, legalize marital rape, ban women from leaving home

SocalDinar

These kinds of articles ( although not main stream news ) really makes me wonder why I invested in this country. Makes you wonder what this makes us.

Freaking sickos

Someone help me out here and tell me this stuff is not true.

Iraq wants to lower marriage age to 9, legalize marital rape, ban women from leaving home

Iraqi Justice Minister Hassan al-Shimmari has proposed a new law that would lower the country’s legal age for marriage to 9, legalize marital rape, ban women from leaving the home without the permission of their husbands, would prohibit Muslim men from marrying non-Muslims, bestow automatic custody of the children on men in divorces, and more.

Smells like Iraqi freedom.

But please don’t think Iraq is illiberal, the law does permit an exception to the inter-faith marriage ban. Muslim men can marry non-Muslim women for a few hours if they want to screw them, then divorce them after they have sex. It’s a “thing” in that region called “temporary marriage,” and it, of course, will be protected under the new law.

Oh, but it gets better. Ali al-Moussawi, a spokesman for Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, defended the law by comparing it to *** marriage in the West.

“What we have done is democratic. We took this to be discussed, then voted on,” al-Moussawi said. “We didn’t object straight away. Some media outlets show Iraq as if it has gone backwards, but this isn’t true. In the west, people are talking about *** marriage. This is something we would never discuss and it is against our religion, our nature, yet we don’t say that they are backwards.”

How open-minded

A spokesman for the Justice Minister claims the law, which reportedly only applies to the country’s Shia majority, is “optional” for Shia, whatever that means. One suspects it’s not optional for 9-year-old girls, or grown women, but rather for the men who want to control them.

The current legal age to marry in Iraq is 18 without parental approval, and 15 with it. Child brides are a problem in many Muslim countries. We’ve reported on cases in Yemen (an 11-year-old girl fleeing her uncle-fiancé and then threatening to kill herself), and Saudi Arabia (where a terrified 15-year-old girl was forced to marry a man who was over the age of 90), but it happens all over.

A report from Iraq claims that the marrying-off of young girls became prevalent after the US invasion:

[T]he marriage of young girls in Iraq became prevalent in the aftermath of the American invasion in 2003 when the American Occupation Authority suspended the Iraqi constitution and laws that set the legal punishment for the fathers and the bridegroom of young girls as long as life term in prison.

It goes on to cite the Iraqi Minister of Planning Ali Shukri claiming that, “Iraq is the number one country in the world in marriages of young girls.”

11-year-old-Yemeni-Girl-Nada-Al-Ahdal.jp

11 year old Yemeni girl Nada Al Ahdal, who ran away and threatened to kill herself, rather than be married off to her uncle.

http://americablog.com/2014/04/iraq-wants-lower-marriage-age-9-legalize-marital-rape-ban-women-leaving-home.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Americablog+%28AMERICAblog+News+%29

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yea, I saw this one today but didn't want to be "the one" to bring it up.

Since it's here... yes, it makes me cringe as well.

What in the hell can these back-ass low-lifes be thinking?

Are they really so poor that they have to dump their girls before 5th grade?

Or is it that they have to get rid of them because they will somehow lose their "value" if they become teenagers first.

I just don't get it and wish we could go back in there (Iraq) and take over forever as it seems nothing good can ever come from these people.

As to them being able to ever actually institute an RV?

Now I am wondering if they have the intellect to do the job.

• Upvote 2

makes me think...'dirty old men', then i realize forget the 'old'. that is legalized pedophilia. yuck!

as for clamping down on women, why dont they just leave the women alone. ... let all those males become extinct. let there be an rv and after that never mention that country again.

Sadly the only difference in them and the rest of the world including the U.S. pertaining to pedophilia (because that is what we are talking about here) is that they are being blatant about it.

This perversion exists everywhere all over the world and the sex slave trade consists of mostly children now a days. It is one of the most disgusting and evil things a person could be involved in... It is of satan plain and simple!

So yeah, just remember that this vileness is perpetrated everywhere and not just in Iraq!

Edited by Djorgie
  • Upvote 3

An just when you think Iraq could be coming out of the stone age you read something like this. What makesit even worse, this come comes from the Justice Minister... Hoping he was appointed an not elected.

9 years old ? OMG those guys are nuts.

PD41

No they are sick pigs walking hard d#@ks.   Pathetic losers who think they are god.   It gives them great power and makes them a big man to beat and dominate women and little girls.  They die in their sins for just the thought.

And it's not just them, it's all over the world and at least they come out and say it.  When the world comes to the conclusion wrong is right and right is wrong, you know we are in trouble.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 1

It sounds like Sharia law.  It is accepted by the religion of Islam.

Child slavery is everywhere.  Remember Ohio?  There is an organization that is working with governments around the world saving these kids!

The Underground Railroad of the 21st Century

The Underground Railroad of the 21st Century

Apr. 8, 2014 10:11am
Mark Mabry - Mercury Radio Arts
694539.png

“This is Selena, your wife.”

Tim’s earnestness was killing me. I looked at my phone – a picture of my real wife and four kids.

Selena looked me up and down. I instinctively sucked in my gut and flexed.

“He’ll work,” she smiled.

Thanks. This was my first time undercover…

This operation dealt with child trafficking at the root level. A Port au Prince, Haiti, orphanage with a once reputable front (their license has not been renewed since 2010) was forcing kids to live in squalor and selling them out the backdoor to anyone that could produce the cash.

A 4- or 5-year-old child, bought for $10-15,000, could be worth millions, to their owner over the course of years as a child sex slave.

See the the first part of story here and tune into The Glenn Beck Program on TheBlaze TV tonight at 5 p.m. EST to see Glenn Beck discuss the operation. Check back for parts two and three later this week. 

Featured Image Credit: AP Photo/Dieu Nalio Chery

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/the-underground-railroad-of-the-21st-century/

The Staggering Amount of Money Glenn Beck’s Audience Raised in a Day to Combat Child Sex Trafficking

The Staggering Amount of Money Glenn Beck’s Audience Raised in a Day to Combat Child Sex Trafficking

Nov. 13, 2013 12:20pm Erica Ritz
1.4KShares
  • Share This
  • Tweet This

Email this story to a friend
Your Message

Glenn Beck told his audience Wednesday that they helped raise $300,000 in a single day to combat child sex trafficking, and that thanks to their efforts, two Operation Underground Railroad jump teams have already been deployed to rescue victims.

It started Tuesday when Beck spoke about how shocked he was when a longtime friend revealed he was actually a federal agent who travels internationally to rescue children from horrific sex rings. But while the government is doing noble work, Beck’s friend said it is not doing as much as it can, and so he joined forces with former CIA, FBI, Navy SEALs and Green Berets in a group called Operation Underground Railroad to rescue the children legally, but without the holdups and bureaucracy of government work.

Screen-Shot-2013-11-13-at-11.43.53-AM-62

Glenn Beck discusses Operation Underground Railroad on Nov. 13, 2013. (Photo: TheBlaze TV)

“Glenn, your listeners have done it. We made over $300,000 yesterday because you talked on the air and your listeners reacted,” Beck’s friend wrote to him in an email. “Because of the money that your listeners sent, we have already deployed two jump teams to rescue victims. That’s how fast things can happen. I was ecstatic last night when I was able to call the father of a trafficked child who is a U.S. citizen, kidnapped and taken to Haiti. He is only 7 years old.”

Beck said Operation Underground Railroad has known where this child is, but did not have the resources to rescue him until now. The child was kidnapped during a Sunday school church service.

The boy’s father, identified only as “Gus,” also sent Beck a letter thanking him. Fighting back tears, Beck read the letter on his radio program:

Glenn and audience – thank you. Before you go to sleep at night, do you have to check on each of your sweet children? Do you have to know that they are safe and sound before you close your eyes? I do. It is why I have not slept since my son was taken. I walk the streets each night, I walk aimlessly through different neighborhoods each night trying to hear his cries. I come home and sit on my porch until I nod off for a few minutes. Then when the sun comes up, I go to work in my orphanage. I can’t sleep in my bed so long as my boy is not in his. I can’t explain the pain. Months ago I saw some light when I was introduced to Operation Underground Railroad. They came to my home, they met with me, and they began to investigate…And now…They’re coming back, because you and your listeners sent them. Thank you. God bless you and your audience. May God bless you forever. We will find him. I know he is still alive.

Beck reiterated his urge that listeners donate to Operation Underground Railroad, saying he thinks it is one of the most “remarkable and good” things he has ever seen.

“So you know, I am — this is just a friend of mine. I am not involved in this charity,” Beck said. “I have nothing to do with it other than I believe in the man who is running it and I believe in the cause. OperationUndergroundRailroad.org. We will bring you updates as time goes on. And when we find Gus’ boy, we will bring him home. And I know Gus will want to meet you.

Complimentary Clip from TheBlaze TVYour browser does not support iframes.

Let me tell you something, Iraq!  If you choose to take this path, regardless of the "Will of the people," this will be a grave movement on your part.  You will be considered "The pedophile" country in the world!  This is truly a step in the wrong direction.  You should protect your children, which are the future of your country.  Not everything in the world is (Cliche') "Man made!"  Your ladies are part of your procreation and the existence guarantee.  Treating them and using them, before their mind, body and spirit develop is just plain wrong...  I hope that you should start a pedophile database soon.  You are destined to be the greatest country in the Middle East so don't mess it up by passing this law.  I am done with this disgusting topic.  

• Upvote 4

No they are sick pigs walking hard d#@ks.   Pathetic losers who think they are god.   It gives them great power and makes them a big man to beat and dominate women and little girls.  They die in their sins for just the thought.

And it's not just them, it's all over the world and at least they come out and say it.  When the world comes to the conclusion wrong is right and right is wrong, you know we are in trouble.

Well, biblical prophecy tells us that Babylon will be a den of iniquity ....such vile and debauchery like the world has never seen.

Also call it, " mother of all harlots". It is foretold that Iraq ( Babylon) will be a modern day Sodom & Gomorrah and here is where the AntiChrist will arise.

• Upvote 1

I get that this happens all over the world, but don't make it LEGAL!!! The Sharia law is demented. Once they start heading down this path, there will be no recovery from Islam extremists... At least not until they remove these rediculous laws.

I'm with sandfly. Hang M, RV and put the irrevocable smile off my face.

isaiah said "....woe unto you when you call good evil and evil good..."

LGD & Woody I agree whole-heartedly...these are "legal" pedophiles on the way to happen...but IF America only knew that groups like Seicus & Nambla (motto: "sex before 8 or else it's too late !) right here in the good ole US of A are headed down the same road there imho would be a revolution tomorrow

and though I be accused of preaching...it is past time for believers to truly pray for our Nation as well....

:eagle:  :praying: 

• Upvote 2

It's almost enough to make me burn my dinar and walk away from this. We should have nuked the entire muslim world.

Dammmmm. Didn't you come down pretty hard on me once for saying we should

rid the world of Islam? What do you think nuking the entire Muslim world would do

To Islam?

4-15-2014

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This does go on all over the world.

Witness the gang rapes in India and the honor killings.

These are patriarchies that make all women, esp. young ones, without rights.

This is a women's rights issue, globally.

Think about that next time you vote Republican to take away a woman's rights to her own body here in the good 'ol US of A.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 14