Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

First post - exchange question

canne

This is my first post here - thanks for your kindness and patience in advance.

I was gifted some dinar by a family member in the fall.  I've been watching a few dinar sites and feel I have a fairly healthy grasp on what gurus to believe.  And I'm honestly fairly skeptical about the whole thing.

Today, the family member (who's incredibly intelligent, and usually very smart but this has me worried) sent me an email he received from a contact about sending our dinar now to be exchanged at $3/ea which they state is less than market rate.  We're supposed to send the amount of dinar we wish to exchange, plus a $30 check in case the deal doesn't go through and the dinar needs to be returned to us, and our banking account and routing numbers.

I believe my family member is going through with it, but it just feels dangerous and scammy to me.  Is this common?  Am I right to be hesitant and worried?  The dinar was a gift so I'm not as worried about loosing it as I am about potentially giving somebody a portal into my finances.

Thanks for any insight anybody may have.

I agree don't send your dinar or personal info to anyone

If we could get a dime per dinar right now we would not be here

There would be a couple here who sold their dinar prematurely

And most likely a message that it rvd

I don't see us all hanging out talking about a future rv if it already did

Just kick back and watch what everyone else is doing and saying

Apart from NOT sending your dinar as Mark says..... do NOT send them your bank routing and account number! That is tantamount to insanity..... or at the very least, you'd get to witness the US version of someone lifting all the zeros out of your bank account way ahead of what Iraq is talking about doing....

• Upvote 1

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN EXCHANGE RATE OF $ 3.00 :

IF IT WERE---THEN EVERYONE HERE WOULD KNOW ABOUT IT :

THE C.B.I. IQ WEBSITE [ BANK OF IRAQ ] SETS THE EXCHANGE RATE :

NOTHING SHOWING THERE ABOUT $ 3.00

KEEP YOUR IQD IN A SAFE PLACE AND WAIT

We wait for the CBI to change their 'rate'. Keep an eye on their web site.

If your family member sends his dinar - they are 'gone, 'lost forever', 'stolen', "scammed", etc.. Simply said, "Don't do it!"

If your family member would give "anyone" his bank info - you may need to question your opinion on their intelligence , especially when - NOT- if their account(s) is/are emptied.

When the time comes and a CBI announcement of "New" valuation for the dinar occurs, then and only then should you take your dinar to a public financial institution that "exchanges" currency. You have homework to do before you go to any specific one to figure the best value deal, taxes etc..

Take time to look over the many informative posts found here at this web site. Glean the wheat kernals from the 'chaff''.

Patience is a virtue which we all hope will be rewarded - in Iraqi terms of 'now' versus "Soon".

Sending in your dinars for a promise of a huge dollar payout is a scam.  Plain and simple.  One of my family members was going to send in 2 million dinars for a 12 million DOLLAR payout, and in just two weeks.  I was able to disuade her from doing this, but she firmly believed that she would get that 12 million dollars.  This is the bad side of the dinar speculation.  Gurus have deluded people into becoming overnight millionaires and the sheeple believe it.  It is a form of brainwashing, and its sad in its consequences to families who get caught up in the hype.  The dinar will make people money over time.  Just not overnight.  This family member is college educated.  The false teaching can grap anybody, regardless of IQ.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks.  I do think it's a scam.  It's certainly a kooky proposition.  Apparently the person who my family member is working with decided that it was going to be a long wait for the RV so they contacted a friend who contacted a friend who said they would privately purchase the dinar at $3/ea because they would later make money off of them.  This person is supposed to collect dinar from various people for the private pay-out and meet with feds at a local bank at an appointed time.  If they don't feel good about the deal and it doesn't look like it will happen, they will return the dinar using our $30 checks that we're supposed to send for return postage.  If the deal does go through, money will be posted to our bank accounts (we're to provide bank account and routing numbers) and the $30 checks will be destroyed.

Here are my thoughts:

* I'm not really a believer in the dinar revalue investment (I don't mean to be offensive with this... I'm simply a skeptic and this was a gift, not a personal purchase/investment)  When I received them this fall, I was very excited and followed forums, but soon realized that many of the "gurus" spoke in circles with little to no substance

* If I send some in, I'd most likely be out pretty pieces of paper.  But right now that's all it is IMO - pretty paper.

* I'd also be out $30 + shipping

* I'm supposed to send a form including my bank account and routing number.  Is there any way they could drain that account? 

* I'm supposed to submit a copy of my passport.  I don't have a passport, but just a DL.

* Is there any chance of identy theft?  If so, should I take out an identity theft protection plan?

* My family member who gifted this believees it to be true (it gives me an icky feeling inside, but if I send it in, maybe it will all just be over?)  I don't want to seem ungrateful or untrusting of them by not sending it in.

* My biggest worry isn't about loosing the pretty paper (dinar), but more of theft of my bank account and identity.  So basically a breach of my family's security/meager resources.

I guess the last thing that simply doesn't make sense, is why would somebody make a private investment purchasing our dinar for $3/ea when they can get it for a fraction of that from institutions that are selling the currency?